0 0%
  • Diego Simeone

1 4.55%
  • Quique Sanchex Flores

0 0%
  • Brendan Rodgers

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Be Managing Arsenal Next Season?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who Will Be Managing Arsenal Next Season?

It's clear that Wenger has to go now, or is it? Another season of disappointment for the Arsenal fans, Wenger a year older, and Arsenal as inconsistent as ever.

2 FA Cups in 11 years now - and Arsenal seem to be in exactly the same position that they are every year.

Time for a change?

Poll to follow.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He won't walk before his contracts over and the board won't move him on.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you want him to walk?

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully they sack him and appoint an absolutely useless cunt then go through years of turmoil trying to 'get it right' again.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phonics is right. He won't leave and they won't sack him.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger is a cert for next season.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will only shuffle him on when he fails to qualify for the Champions' League, because they they could effectively write the following season off as a year to get something new in place. So long as he can guarantee that why bother?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Do you want him to walk?
    The boards absolutely useless so as soon he goes, it'll all fall apart and Ivan Gazidis will make Ed Woodward look like David Gill. And Carlo (the man I thought we should have been after for years to put the cherry on top) has gone to Bayern so that's that fucked.

I'm at such a stage of ennui that I'm not that bothered.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'LvG' would suit Arsenal.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really can't understand the apathy surrounding Arsenal. So what, you've not progressed and won the quadruple but it's hardly worth crying over.

Also fucking LOL @ this cunt on talksport who said his mate had written two books on Arsenal and he's boycotting matches.

Fucking bunch of freaks.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    I really can't understand the apathy surrounding Arsenal. So what, you've not progressed and won the quadruple but it's hardly worth crying over.
    This sort of stuff is exactly what I don't understand. When they lose it's all "Arselol " but when you say "Yeah, we're a bit shit" it's "Fucking spoilt cunts. Don't know how good you've got it."

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    This sort of stuff is exactly what I don't understand. When they lose it's all "Arselol " but when you say "Yeah, we're a bit shit" it's "Fucking spoilt cunts. Don't know how good you've got it."
    Why don't you understand it?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What have the Arsenal board done to suggest that they are useless? Blaming them seems like a convenient way for learned fans of 'The Arsenal' to avoid having to lower themselves to blaming Wenger (and his transfer policy more specifically) like the uncultured masses.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger will be manager until he retires or, as Lewis says, they miss out on the Champion's League. The latter won't happen so Arsenal will just have to live with European Cup football every year with the odd FA Cup win. The poor bastards.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can surely only be entitled wankers who actually think he should be sacked.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joachim Löw would be the laziest appointment of all time. Not only is his assistant called Herr Flick and always dresses identically to him, which is fucking creepy, but it's just a scan over who's available and taking the most famous name.

It should be Wenger again, obviously, unless he's had enough of the ungrateful tosspots.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post

Also fucking LOL @ this cunt on talksport who said his mate had written two books on Arsenal and he's boycotting matches.

Fucking bunch of freaks.
    Why? The match-going fans are having the piss ripped out of them by the club and have been for a decade now. Wenger's a small part of the problem.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Joachim Löw would be the laziest appointment of all time. Not only is his assistant called Herr Flick and always dresses identically to him, which is fucking creepy, but it's just a scan over who's available and taking the most famous name.

It should be Wenger again, obviously, unless he's had enough of the ungrateful tosspots.
    Jesus, that is incredibly creepy.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Wenger will be manager until he retires or, as Lewis says, they miss out on the Champion's League. The latter won't happen so Arsenal will just have to live with European Cup football every year with the odd FA Cup win. The poor bastards.
    If it's so good you can use my season ticket. I'll knock a bit off the price and you can have it for £1500 a season.

Deal?

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davgooner View Post
    Why? The match-going fans are having the piss ripped out of them by the club and have been for a decade now. Wenger's a small part of the problem.
    Elaborate, please. Remember you are talking to a fan of a club that actually has taken the absolute piss.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Jesus, that is incredibly creepy.
    They'd make a great gay couple, but a quick google of 'Jogi Low wife' dashes those dreams.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christ I actually thought you were joking.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    What have the Arsenal board done to suggest that they are useless? Blaming them seems like a convenient way for learned fans of 'The Arsenal' to avoid having to lower themselves to blaming Wenger (and his transfer policy more specifically) like the uncultured masses.
    Where to start, is it Dick Law (P.I.), who seems to travel around the world only to be told to sod off for offering pitiful amounts. This Cabaye story being one of the few made public but you've seen it with Draxler et al.

Newcastle immediately turned down Arsenal’s offer for Cabaye and made it known they considered Arsène Wenger’s valuation to be “derisory”. In a direct conversation with Dick Law, Arsenal’s contract negotiator, it is understood that Newcastle owner Mike Ashley responded to the offer with the words: “Which part of him do you want to buy?”When Law assured him that Arsenal’s offer was genuine, Ashley then apparently said that they should come back with at least £20 million if they were serious about starting negotiations.
    Nah, maybe it's Ivan Gazidis, former Nike marketing dude and cut his sporting teeth in that most competitive of sports, MLS administration. Who seems to do the Ed Woodward job of finding an official bottle water sponsor while agreeing with whatever Arsene says.

though it could be, Sir Chips Keswick, 75, the youthful replacement of Peter Hill-Wood, 80, who said, in reply to a 3 million pound annual payment made to 'Kroenke Sports Enterprises'

Keswick added: "I don't know how many of you here run your own businesses but those of you who do will know that the best advice you can get is the quick advice from people.

"And this is the point: Other organisations know more about the problem than you do. If you are a humble enough to accept that, then you go and you get good advice. That is precisely what we do at the Arsenal with KSE (Kroenke Sports Enterprises)."
    That'd be the KSE who's NFL team haven't featured in the Playoffs since 2004. Who's NHL team have only got to the play-offs twice in the last decade. Who's NBA team missed out on the play offs last year and previous decades form in play off matches is LLLLLWWLLLL. But sometimes you have to be humble and get good advice from these people.

Maybe some of these people are slightly competent at their jobs and Arsene is an absolute shitter (I doubt it) but then we get Stan 'What a fucking moustache' Kroenke who opened his mouth (rare as it is) the other day to tell us on owning a 'Sports Franchise' as we are now "If you want to win championships then you would never get involved."

They are all, massive massive chancers built off the back of Arsene Wenger being an absolute legend and it'll come crumbling down the moment he leaves.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's so good you can use my season ticket. I'll knock a bit off the price and you can have it for £1500 a season.

Deal?
    The club are cunts for charging what they charge but that wasn't really the point I was making. The football is pretty good.

The prices won't change unless people stop going though. Like fuck would I pay those prices.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rafa.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The club are cunts for charging what they charge but that wasn't really the point I was making. The football is pretty good.

The prices won't change unless people stop going though. Like fuck would I pay those prices.
    Well there you go, although ironically you sound like exactly the sort they'd be looking to get in.

'The football's good.'

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    *all of that*
    That Newcastle anecdote suggests that Wenger said get him if you can but he isn't so important that we need to spend more than x. I would have thought that that was the standard level of involvement that somebody like him would have, and I'm sure if he had pressed it the club would have paid up. The club clearly has money, and these same tits who apparently got donned by Mike Ashley managed to negotiate successfully with Barcelona, Chelsea, Madrid...

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno. That position he leaves them in on a yearly basis looks pretty good. He'll retire when he sees fit.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simeone could come in, and should, if given the opportunity. I can see Wenger leaving of his own accord.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    That Newcastle anecdote suggests that Wenger said get him if you can but he isn't so important that we need to spend more than x. I would have thought that that was the standard level of involvement that somebody like him would have, and I'm sure if he had pressed it the club would have paid up. The club clearly has money, and these same tits who apparently got donned by Mike Ashley managed to negotiate successfully with Barcelona, Chelsea, Madrid...
    What it boils down to is that they're not (Proper) Football Men, and as such it matters not what they do, the actual Proper Football Man will always get the benefit of the doubt over them.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love it if he walked.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greedy, incompetent, bastards.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No chance he walks. All we're seeing here is the bottom of the Arsenal boom and bust cycle and we're only 6 months and a £30m spunking on an(other) attacking midfielder made of glass away from being at the top of it again.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greedy, incompetent, bastards.
    How much is Wenger paid again?

Oops, he's a proper football man so is obviously doing it for the love.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon he'll get to 20 years and then do one. Would be hilarious if he did a Fergie and starting spunking cash all over the shop on RVP-esque seasoned pros (e.g. Ibrahimovic or Cavani) to go out on a high.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    How much is Wenger paid again?

Oops, he's a proper football man so is obviously doing it for the love.
    Where's the 'proper football man' shit come from?

He's very much part of the clan, but only in the sense that he's made it very easy for the others to take the utter piss.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you an ST holder Dav?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    What it boils down to is that they're not (Proper) Football Men, and as such it matters not what they do, the actual Proper Football Man will always get the benefit of the doubt over them.
    I never understood some of the more specific Glazer criticism for similar reasons. Ferguson claiming that there was 'no value in the market' was taken to mean he was being held hostage by their penny-pinching; but they still had money to spend on actual tramps, so I'm sure if he had insisted on having this or that thirty million quid midfielder they would have done it for him. It's far more likely that he was (like Wenger) too stubborn to pay what clubs were demanding because he was still working on 2004 prices.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Wenger's deciding the financial side of transfers then that's another reason to want to firebomb the place.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Wenger's deciding the financial side of transfers then that's another reason to want to firebomb the place.
    Do you think it's genuinely unlikely that he is?

Obviously I've no actual idea whether he is or not, but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he is, and that's fucking mental and shows what an absolute shower the club is.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will assign a level of priority (for lack of a better word) to transfer targets that is reflected in how the club comes to value them. That isn't odd. So for example he will have told them to do everything they could to sign Mesut Oezil, but obviously wasn't too fussed about Yohan Cabaye.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well there you go, although ironically you sound like exactly the sort they'd be looking to get in.

'The football's good.'
    Missed my point again. All I meant was there are no grounds for complaint about the football. You do well every season and challenge for cups. The pricing is a different issue.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's even more mental, and you're now firmly in the camp giving him far too much credit.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I meant was there are no grounds for complaint about the football.
    Jesus.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, for all that people talk about Liverpool's chart surely Arsenal are worse for the boom-bust thing? At least we've gone close a couple times in the past decade.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What, so players just get dumped on him?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonsky View Post
    Yeah, for all that people talk about Liverpool's chart surely Arsenal are worse for the boom-bust thing? At least we've gone close a couple times in the past decade.
    I have an Arsenal fan mate (a bit I was talking to a black man I know) and his flip flopping between absolute despair and rimming Wenger is a complete joke.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal are the 7th richest club in the world, and the 3rd in England, yet they haven't won the league in 12 seasons and shit themselves every time they come up against a good side in the CL. It's absurd that people think Arsenal or Wenger have been doing well.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mokbull View Post
    Arsenal are the 7th richest club in the world, and the 3rd in England, yet they haven't won the league in 12 seasons and shit themselves every time they come up against a good side in the CL. It's absurd that people think Arsenal or Wenger have been doing well.
    If the top 4 trophy didn't exist, nobody would. But it does, so here we are.