User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does Rafa Benitez have what it takes to stay in the Premier League?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 50.00%
  • No

4 50.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McClaren Sacked (Does Rafa Benitez have what it takes to stay in the Premier League?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny but pity I followed all of his career. Let's start with £10 million at Porto...ehmmm... Hahahahahahaha! They had NO FUCKING MONEY at the time. Mourinho went to buy 3 players from his previous club which Porto payed by loaning players, bought Paulo Ferreira by half a million and maniche for free.
    A man got to love this articles that are basically Trump as a journalist, get numbers from thin air.

Let's go to Mourinho first season at real, 20 million for Di Maria. Not sure if Fabio coentrao was signed then but let's add 15 so you have ozil for 14.
    50 mil and I still doubt Fabio was signed then.
    Numbers are wrong just then but I said SALDO so real sold Di Maria for 90, ozil for 66.

I stop here that my stomach is hurting of me laughing so much.

Anyone who mess with the Saint, you don't lose you get smashed!
    BOOM! drops the mic.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the mike drop on your head?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelsaint View Post
    Funny but pity I followed all of his career. Let's start with £10 million at Porto...ehmmm... Hahahahahahaha! They had NO FUCKING MONEY at the time. Mourinho went to buy 3 players from his previous club which Porto payed by loaning players, bought Paulo Ferreira by half a million and maniche for free.
    A man got to love this articles that are basically Trump as a journalist, get numbers from thin air.

Let's go to Mourinho first season at real, 20 million for Di Maria. Not sure if Fabio coentrao was signed then but let's add 15 so you have ozil for 14.
    50 mil and I still doubt Fabio was signed then.
    Numbers are wrong just then but I said SALDO so real sold Di Maria for 90, ozil for 66.

I stop here that my stomach is hurting of me laughing so much.

Anyone who mess with the Saint, you don't lose you get smashed!
    BOOM! drops the mic.
    The fuck is that?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saints's plan to turn this into an early 2000s wrestling RP forum is bold and perhaps just the sort of shake-up this place needs to get things ticking over again.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Saint post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see everyone ignoring the facts.. I wonder why?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because it's not worth engaging with an idiot.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the period he spent 10m with Porto how much did Sporting and Benfica spend?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First as you conveniently ignored Porto didn't spend 10 m or even close to 2 m.

Secondly and answering your question, there is a reason that for the first time in years Porto was not a favorite.

Advice: better to follow advice of the other morons and go for insult instead of arguing, better chance you win a argument since I won't lower to such levels.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saint... do you ever wonder why everybody disagrees with you, and not just a few?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "A man got to love this articles that are basically Trump as a journalist, get numbers from thin air."
    *proceeds to pluck numbers from thin air*

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He said SALDO, alright?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil 66 million. lol.

You can literally download Ozils transfer online from footballleaks

But we're the ones plucking numbers out of thin air.

edit: Here's Di Maria's where Saint is once again, wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I didn't pick up the numbers from thin air. I remember those numbers in the media and I think with some clauses it can reach the amount I wrote.

Nice try guys.

About the first question, John Arne, i wasn't here when the election was made and EVERYONE voted for you to be EVERYONE'S PR.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Saint's fuckwit clause his stupidity can also reach unfathomable levels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insults... The sign of a remarkable e-victory.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol at giving the value of his buys in sterling and the value of the sales in euros to accentuate the difference. So, so transparent.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Lol at giving the value of his buys in sterling and the value of the sales in euros to accentuate the difference. So, so transparent.
    Like his hair.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vague memories from somebody consistently wrong about details aren't likely to trump actual researched figures.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I didn't pick up the numbers from thin air. I remember those numbers in the media and I think with some clauses it can reach the amount I wrote.

Nice try guys.

About the first question, John Arne, i wasn't here when the election was made and EVERYONE voted for you to be EVERYONE'S PR.
    No I quoted the direct maximums they can make out of the transfers, Saint. I've directly cited the actual contract the clubs involved have signed. Please stop trying to be correct in the face of being wrong, it's what makes Harold so tedious. Just say 'Sorry, I was wrong' and move on.

edit: There is a clause in both that state that the transfer fee cannot rise above a certain amount if currency value were to fluctuate in a way to make it a bad deal for the buying side but apart from that. Nah.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He remembers the figures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    No I quoted the direct maximums they can make out of the transfers, Saint. I've directly cited the actual contract the clubs involved have signed. Please stop trying to be correct in the face of being wrong, it's what makes Harold so tedious. Just say 'Sorry, I was wrong' and move on.

edit: There is a clause in both that state that the transfer fee cannot rise above a certain amount if currency value were to fluctuate in a way to make it a bad deal for the buying side but apart from that. Nah.
    No,you cited a part of the contract. Quite different.
    As I told you before I am not easily to be fooled like the sheep around here.
    If I see any proof that I am wrong I have no problem to admit it.

Even if the figures you claim are right, which at the moment look like they aren't, my point still stands and Mourinho saldo was very positive and the myth of him being a manager who spends loads of money should end.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The money's never bothered me about Mourinho. His reluctance to use youth kinda does.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think Sir Rafa's too hot on youngsters either. They are too error-prone, the silly, fresh-faced sods. They should go into dancing or some other profession which rewards spark and exuberance. Football is for god-fearing men.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poll added

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    The money's never bothered me about Mourinho. His reluctance to use youth kinda does.
    Totally agree with you but then again unless you are playing FM, age should not be a priority for a club that wants to win everything.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thrill of watching a homegrown team win significantly outweighs the thrill of watching Raul Meireles and Yuri Zhirkov do so. And the aim of any football manager should be to provide maximum thrill, the thrill leaning as it does heavily on results.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The average Chelsea fan should consider the Abramovich takeover the equivalent of a Faustian Pact. It brought sustained success, but the idea of having a working youth system or managerial stability is wholly alien to a club where one man's whim is unashamedly catered to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poetic, ridiculous but poetic nonetheless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abramovich has largely done his bit as far as youth systems go. I doubt there's a club in the world with facilities or a scouting network significantly better than Chelsea's. The managerial stability point is one to note, sure, but I think there are plenty of managers out there who might have given it a better go than some of the longer serving appointments at Chelsea. There's no reason they couldn't be giving three or four capable youngsters regular game time and still seriously challenging - in fact they'd almost certainly do better than they have recently with some of the plodding wankers that have been turning out.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    The average Chelsea fan should consider the Abramovich takeover the equivalent of a Faustian Pact. It brought sustained success, but the idea of having a working youth system or managerial stability is wholly alien to a club where one man's whim is unashamedly catered to.
    Our youth system is probably hundreds of times superior now to 2003. It produces multiple excellent players every year. They all just end up at other clubs or their careers stall because they never get the chance to develop in a high quality first team. There is at least one in the just named England squad.

Arsenal, Spurs both offer those opportunities and they are 8 places above us. Their youth academies are also massively inferior to ours. We piss the youth trophies every year.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree with you but then again unless you are playing FM, age should not be a priority for a club that wants to win everything.
    Maybe not but fostering talent can harbour one of two things:

1. The kid garners some kind of loyalty to the club.
    2. The kid gets too big for his boots but, as a young, homegrown player for a big club, you can sell him to City for Bahrain's GDP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Our youth system is probably hundreds of times superior now to 2003. It produces multiple excellent players every year. They all just end up at other clubs or their careers stall because they never get the chance to develop in a high quality first team. There is at least one in the just named England squad.

Arsenal, Spurs both offer those opportunities and they are 8 places above us. Their youth academies are also massively inferior to ours. We piss the youth trophies every year.
    A working youth system implies some possibility, indeed probability, of producing young players who make their way into the first team squad. This is probably a failure of short-termism by the manager in question, but that's inevitable given Abramovich fucking loves a sacking.