User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Housemates

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha. Offshore Toon just made a funny and it was an actually lol funny.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My flatmate is moving out in the next '6-8 weeks'
    He's been a mate for years and been fine to live with until he met his current gf who is an utter knob.
    Can't wait for him to go so I can go back to being his mate and seeing him in the pub every so often.

leedsrevolution
    Living with mates is a nightmare I've found.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been fine, he just rents my spare room, can't wait to get it back to myself, have my PC in there again instead of in the bedroom.
    I only let him move in to pay for a bunch of stag dos and weddings last year. His last rent will pay for two stag dos this summer then I'm set.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lived with my best mate for a year at uni, and it wasn't bad, but I much prefer not living with him. It revealed him to be a proper petty cunt - he'd do the washing up, but leave the spoon I used to make a cup of tea because it wasn't his.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely it depends on the mate? I know which of mine I'd never live with, but generally I'm fairly easy going and happy go make allowances for people I like. I've lived with three good mates and the only issues were during the bedding-in period, but they weren't anything serious.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What makes friends great is that you don't have to live with them all the time, so can just concentrate on the good side that you do see. Unless I had some sort of absolute blood brother I'd never want to live with a friend and risk ruining it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lived with my best mate for two years before I bought my flat and we had an absolute blast.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I lived with my best mate for two years before I bought my flat and we had an absolute blast.
    In second year after one of my mates dropped out and went home, and the girl flatmate was barely home because of a new group of girlmates and boyfriend, me and my mate had the place to ourselves a lot of the time and it was brilliant. I consider him a best mate because of how well we got on and once he's done travelling we plan on living together again. Cute story, I know. Just goes to show its not all doom and gloom. As long as you set ground rules before heading in and you're all on a similar level, and not uptight wankers, it'll be sound nine times out of ten.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lived in a house with 2-3 friends for ages. As great as it was I definitely reached a point where it became tiresome. Not necessarily because of the people, they're some of my best friends, but just because I got to the stage where I craved my own space. Maybe it's an age thing.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's shit on the toilet seat again. I never want to see another Chinese person again. The alright one has moved out and another (chief suspect for shitting everywhere) was packing up yesterday, which leaves the prostitute and G**k Flair. To make matters worse, the cleaner comes on Mondays so we've been shafted by the bank holidays.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next door's up for grabs again. They've been no bother. That toilet seat needs sorting out. Sounds horrific.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does shit even get on the toilet seat? Presumably they must be squatting with their feet on the seat so as to avoid coming into contact with gross white people bum germs.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sitting too far back?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    How does shit even get on the toilet seat? Presumably they must be squatting with their feet on the seat so as to avoid coming into contact with gross white people bum germs.
    Yeah it's this. I experienced this horrific phenomenon when living in a corridor dorm in France, and occasionally you also saw the dirt/shit imprints of shoe-soles on the loo seat.

They would also leave the kitchen in an absolute state each time, grease and oil everywhere. It was all quite baffling.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Sitting too far back?
    It must be this, at least sometimes. It seems to happen regularly in my work and there are no Asians around. So it must just be some fat white bloke with a massive arse who can't tell when his arsehole is pointing into the bowl.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume its from sitting too far back. Its not huge dollops of shit, but a few splatters. To think I was seriously considering going to China to teach English.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    I assume its from sitting too far back. Its not huge dollops of shit, but a few splatters. To think I was seriously considering going to China to teach English.
    Seem like there's something more important you could teach them.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't they squat over holes in the floor in China? They probably are standing on the seat. Filthy fuckers.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds quite complicated.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't noticed any shoe marks on the toilet. Surely in Hong Kong they shit like British people? I can't imagine we went over there and let that continue. The prostitute and her client are mainland China so I reckon it might be them. Since they get by on cooking in her room I doubt their diet is up to much, so exploding shit onto the toilet seat is their only option.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't you - seriously - just lay one of them out?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon the uni would kick me out and they'd probably turn it into a racial conflict. Its not worth it at this stage. The only one I've seen in about three weeks was the one moving out yesterday as well. They've gone ridiculously shy, even by Chinese standards.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh right, you're in university accommodation. I thought all of this was going on in a private house somewhere, where you can do what you like. We used to get Palestinian Jeff to kick off at the African girls running their heaters all day and night at our expense, because how can you possibly accuse a Palestinian of racism?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we didn't have a cleaner (most weeks) then I reckon I'd have moved out within a month. They're disgusting.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just go mental. If they're self entitled posh kids, then the only way to bring them in line is through a regime of fear.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're always incredibly apologetic in person, though, and I'm a soft twat. With messages to the group chat you have to be diplomatic because you don't know who it is for sure. I can't waltz in like "stop shit on the fucking toilet seat, 'Justin'." Especially when it could have been the noisy hooker, who isn't even in the group chat because nobody knows anything about her. We tried making contact by slipping a note under her door, but nothing. I reckon she had no idea what the note said. Maybe I should take a picture of the shitty toilet and put a huge red cross over it then print it off and slide it under the door.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop the passive aggresive shit, get them all together and go crackers. You don't like them anyway, so who gives a fuck?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's about two weeks left. The toilet issue is helped by us having two toilets and them sticking to one of them for shitting everywhere (and leaving it, at least).

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awful. I don't know how you haven't lost your temper.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you confirm if people from Hong Kong hover when they shit or not?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People from Hong Kong I have no idea.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about mainland?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know they squat with feet on the seat. I was even in a cubicle once where a geezer's feet were nearly touching mine. I was trying to work out what he was up to when I realised he was basically doing the splits over the bowl. Fucking freaks.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    I know they squat with feet on the seat. I was even in a cubicle once where a geezer's feet were nearly touching mine. I was trying to work out what he was up to when I realised he was basically doing the splits over the bowl. Fucking freaks.
    Wait, what?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I don't know how I held in that lol. I almost burst when he finally left.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what wives tale you live your life by to even consider doing that.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The splits I could probably manage, but feet on the seat takes some impressive balancing skills. I suppose weighing 7 stone helps.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Offy not really related to the shite, but where do you go to Uni, and what sort of accommodation do you have? Is this in a house or a corridor or what?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    Offy not really related to the shite, but where do you go to Uni, and what sort of accommodation do you have? Is this in a house or a corridor or what?
    University of Sussex. Its a flat/halls on campus.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to lock yourself in the bathroom with them all and force them to watch you take a shit the normal way. It's the only way they'll learn.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's an office I sometimes have to go to in Southwark with a 'British toilet etiquette' poster giving tips to the Indian and Chinese IT guys with right vs wrong examples in pictorial form. Amongst those is the whole quitting/standing on the shitter, as well as not putting used toilet roll in sinks/bins and a host of others.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only ever been incredibly lucky with housemates. Did the random lucky dip three times, and made three amazing lifelong friends.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    My flatmate is moving out in the next '6-8 weeks'
    He's been a mate for years and been fine to live with until he met his current gf who is an utter knob.
    Can't wait for him to go so I can go back to being his mate and seeing him in the pub every so often.
    He started moving out Friday and was all done by Saturday evening apart from some awful TV stand that I don't think he wants and left on the hope I would just keep it. He's coming picking it up later.

His room was a right mess, I've had to paint it and get a carpet cleaning thing in. Going to see how things go without renting my spare room out, I think I'll be fine, means less trips to the pub I guess but ah well. Can stick my PC back in there as it's currently in my bedroom like I'm still a kid.
    Taking the chance while I'm off work to basically clean the whole flat, got the bathroom done yesterday along with the spareroom and made a start on the livingroom.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having a genuine spare room is bliss Mike. If you can find a way financially it's so good. No more washing in the hall, less clutter and place for mates to crash if they need to.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished putting together a single bed for in there and moved my PC and desk in. My bedroom looks miles bigger already!

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No point going round now that Ryan's left.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just been to view a room/house. Its the first place I've seen and I've got two weeks till I'm out of my current place. The bloke I met needs a decision by tomorrow morning, but part of me is thinking its daft to take the first choice. Obviously it was stupid to leave it this late but I needed to have work sorted. I only met one bloke (out of four) but he seemed alright. Its cheap, quite big but no frills, decent area. I can't see myself having the time of my life there, but its probably a good base to build from. I also haven't heard back from anybody else about a viewing despite messaging about ten to twelve people. There are a few people vying for the last room, but he very much encouraged me to say yes. I think I just needed to type everything out. I need to make some new mates down here, so living with four guys around my age should be a good thing. Yeah, I'll say yes.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in. 12 months. About the same amount of time I intend to stay in this job so hopefully I can afford a decent upgrade afterwards.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any Chinese?