User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Housemates

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6-1 on that he ends up banging her, brought together by their mutual seething at you

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hang on. You're in the same house Whatsapping eachother?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I WhatsApp my wife if she's up the stairs. Not talking is better than talking.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No we were out at the time.

I forgot to mention too - I got home yesterday and tried using the Bluetooth speaker to play some music and the power chord had disappeared. It's her speaker, although it's in the living room for everyone and in practice the other two hardly use it, while I use it quite often when I'm in there. It's on top of the telly with the lead going back behind it, so not something that will just get lost randomly. Luckily the power lead is the same one as my PS3, so I just plugged it in using that. Can't be certain but I wouldn't be surprised if she'd hid the power lead to spite me, and I made sure to blast out some music for a few seconds before turning it down to make clear to everyone that I've got it working.

Passive-aggressive warfare

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Headcase

She's definitely killing you in your sleep. Shell probably hate shag you first though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been using the speaker with my PS3 power chord for the last 4-5 days. Housemate came in the living room tonight though and turned it off while I was listening to it.

Bint: How have you got his working?
    Me: What do you mean?
    Bint: I took the power chord away.
    Me: Why did you do that?
    Bint: Because I don't want you to use it.
    Me: Why not?
    Bint: Because it's mine.

Then she got up and walked away. As she was walking out the living room door I called "I used your microwave a few minutes ago!" and then once she'd gone back to her room I turned my music back on.

Ten minutes later she comes in again and I'm like 'ffs' but she only came in to get her bag and she's fucked off out now. She looked furious though.

One other thing: I have a load of books that I keep on my window sill, mostly ones that I've read that I might need to reference at some point. I came in my room this evening (after the above) and found that all of those books had been taken off the window sill and were in a single stack on the floor. Now, this would be a pretty strange thing to do. It was raining heavily earlier though, and some of the windows in our flat leak sometimes when it rains very heavily, so I reckon my other housemate has moved them just a case. Mine doesn't actually leak, but he wouldn't know that.

I texted him thanking him, and texted her too saying "I'm not sure if it was you but if it was, thanks. It was really thoughtful." So at least I'm making an effort to be nice. That'll probably piss her off even more though.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chinese people are so weird. I was really considering teaching English in China after uni, but living with four of them has put an end to that. They're so ridiculously shy. Today I came out of the kitchen, and saw a girl about to walk out, then closed the door again. I heard her walk out as soon as I was in my room. It was quite funny when they're chatting in Chinese and then I hear something like "surprise, motherfucker!" in a shit American accent. Also, one of the guys was passed out in the toilet a couple of weeks ago from necking a bottle of vodka. Got a lot of respect for embracing our culture.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Move in with Charlie in Taipei instead.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lived with a couple of Chinese people. The highlight was the fact that the girl would proudly display her used sanitary pads blood-side up neatly on top of the rubbish bin.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Norwich landlord (who was an Arab) stopped renting rooms to Chinese students after three of them trashed his kitchen.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of them once cooked for me and while some if it wasn't bad, I nearly threw up when I tried the watery vegetables with raw egg poured in that he called a "soup" as a starter. He also grabbed two office chairs (on wheels) and said we should eat up the worktop in the kitchen, despite there being a perfectly good dining table available.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also once had a Muslim girl look around the house and then storm out shouting 'I WILL NOT LIVE WITH BOYS!' Foreigners are idiots.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's going to snap first? Magic when he gives up this act and lets the anger flow through him or Hammer ditching the passive aggressive shit-off and strangling his housemate with the power chord?

I'd like odds.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt it'll be me, I'm enjoying myself. Largely because I've tried talking to her and she's just ignored me, so I now I'm sitting back and watching her make a shambles of herself.

I've just been having a piss and i could hear her run from her bedroom to the front door to get out the flat before I'd finished.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Been using the speaker with my PS3 power chord for the last 4-5 days. Housemate came in the living room tonight though and turned it off while I was listening to it.

Then she got up and walked away. As she was walking out the living room door I called "I used your microwave a few minutes ago!" and then once she'd gone back to her room I turned my music back on.
    She's obviously being a petty shithouse but you don't come out looking too great either, continuing to use someone's stuff after they've specifically asked you to stop.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a Chinese flatmate once and she just didn't understand how English food works. She'd cook herself a nice bit of chicken, for example, and then serve it with toast and strawberries.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's quality .

So I moved out of my basement room of 4.5 years, living in a house with six others, to Tooting about three weeks ago with just two others, one of whom is one of my best mates.

I don't think I've ever been more content.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Chinese bloke was in my first year halls flat and I saw him about 4 times despite him living there from September to may and me walking around the flat at all hours. We reckoned the constant power cuts were because he had a rice cooker and all sorts wired up in his bedroom seeing as he never used the kitchen.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking about it, I may have been a tad harsh on China as a whole. This lot are from Hong Kong. I actually have a mate from China from first year who was great, and thought the Chinese were weird so didn't want to hang around with them. I was also chatting to a bloke from Shanghai a couple of weeks ago who was a good bloke and said that people from Hong Kong think they're 'British' and better than other Chinese people.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I had a Chinese flatmate once and she just didn't understand how English food works. She'd cook herself a nice bit of chicken, for example, and then serve it with toast and strawberries.
    One of my housemates asked me for a simple English dish to cook his friends, so I told him to cook a fry up. I gave him a list of ingredients and left him to it.

I went to the kitchen just as he was serving. Highlights included: boiled eggs with the shells still on, cold beans poured right from the tin to plate, boiled sausages and hash browns. He nailed the bacon to be fair.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do love a good boiled meat product. Hash browns is a new one, but fair play, they'll boil fucking anything.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lived with a Malaysian guy in Cardiff who ate nothing but fish fingers which he would fry in a weird mess tin and then eat with a little bit of white pepper.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's obviously being a petty shithouse but you don't come out looking too great either, continuing to use someone's stuff after they've specifically asked you to stop.
    That'd be fair enough if the kitchen wasn't made up of my appliances and utensils etc which she uses on a regular basis. I mean, asking her not use that would be pretty pathetic and I'm not sure if I'm at level, but she's gone there so it's a point I can raise if she carries on with it.

A lot of the stuff in the communal areas have been used by everyone openly for the last two years. To be honest I'd have probably obliged with the speaker if she'd just asked me directly to not use it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    Who's going to snap first? Magic when he gives up this act and lets the anger flow through him or Hammer ditching the passive aggressive shit-off and strangling his housemate with the power chord?

I'd like odds.
    Hammer snapping would mean that he stopped strangling people with power chords.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post

She's clearly an unhappy woman who needs taking down a peg. I fucking hate the sort. Is it harming anyone you using a damn speaker?! People are so selfish it's unreal at times.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he came out looking fantasic.

"I used your microwave five minutes ago....and I didn't wash your fork! HA!"

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He comes out looking better than her, and the way he tells it he'd need to shit in her sleeping mouth to come out looking worse, but still not great.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should shit in her mouth and apologise for being unsure if he was allowed to use the toilet whilst he's wiping.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fellow rentee struggles with cleanliness. She's been home all day and I came home to a sink full of dishes and an overflowing bin.

Doesn't even fucking register.

Leaving clothes in the washing machine is her favourite past time.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    She's clearly an unhappy woman who needs taking down a peg. I fucking hate the sort. Is it harming anyone you using a damn speaker?! People are so selfish it's unreal at times.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been on Hammers side for all of his other slightly off kilter things but everything he's posted so far has him coming across like a complete dickhead.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, the microwave line got a lol from me.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Chinese have been doing my head in the past couple of days. They piss on the toilet seat and around the toilet. Doors only seem to slam when they walk through them. And now they've been screaming for about half an hour and I'm pretty sure it isn't a mass orgy. Worst part is they're not going home when term ends. They're just going to carry on playing Ready, Steady, Gook all evening and listening to Justin Bieber.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's subtle. You might get away with that.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My housemate has just left his tea to go catch an Electabuzz. I think I've picked well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brought a lass back to my gaff last week. We're not really dating just spending time together really, and we haven't talked about anything else. She's 23 but she looks more like 18. Nothing happened - we just chilled in the living room chatting and we watched a film.

My housemate was weird throughout. He came in the room and laughed at the film and then left again, and afterwards she mentioned that she chatted to him a couple of times and he never made eye contact with her or even look at her.

Then a few days later my housemate specifically told me how he couldn't believe how young the kids were in this bar he was in and that he was not attracted to any of them. Then he told me that his brother (a 29 year old mature undergraduate) has a lot of 18 year old friends and plays wingman to them and ends up sleeping with 18 year olds on a regular basis. I said something like 'the poor bloke, I don't know how he deals with it!' and housemate explained how actually it isn't nice at all because he isn't attracted to any of them because he's too old for them.

Seems he has a problem anyway. Weirdo. I'm not going to tell him her age.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How old are you?

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The point isn't the age difference though. It's him being a passive-aggressive spanner. He spends his entire life on the internet and is a bit of a retard when it comes to talking people in the real world so I think he's probably just seething with rage about it. I really just want to get out of this house really. I might look at somewhere else in March when the contract is up. But the flat itself is fucking amazing, so I'm going to have to mull it over.

5 years difference isn't much to me anyway. There was nearly 6 with my last serious girlfriend and our age was never once an issue. I'm inclined to think it's not an issue to him either, he's just jealous because he spends his entire weekends playing on his PS4. Which in itself is fine, and I'd be inclined to help him and invite him out, but when he acts like an undermining wanker - which is often - it makes me not want to.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's probably just worried about her.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 years is fuck all really. Not once the younger party is in their 20's anyway.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He sounds like a nonce.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. I remember Sir Jim'll telling Louis Theroux that he hated kids. Get his HardDrive to the police.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're going for a meal tonight to spend some of the surplus we've accrued on the flat. I'd rather go on my own, but hey ho. Hopefully it won't be too unbearable.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't too bad actually. Male housemate was incredibly ingratiating to the point of discomfort (he oscillates between trying to undermine me and desperately trying to get me to like him), and female housemate was just a bit miserable as she usually is.

Male housemate isn't a bad guy really and I'd probably get on with him better if we didn't live together.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tenant above us got drunk, drew a bath, passed out, and kept drawing a bath for hours. Flooded her own unit, my unit, four units below me, and the board room at the bottom of the building.

I got to do this though: https://www.instagram.com/p/BN2smYfjpJv/

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happens in a situation like that regarding repairs? Is it billed to the person at fault or what?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insurance I would think.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    What happens in a situation like that regarding repairs? Is it billed to the person at fault or what?
    In this situation, no, since it is deemed an accident.

Since I rent a condominium from someone, here is the process:
    1) The condominium corporation, which is run by a board of directors composed of condominium owners, has an insurance policy on the building. The policy will cover all damages to the building's structure and will pay to restore each unit to its original built condition.
    2) The owner of my condominium has a betterment policy, which will cover damages to all upgrades in the unit to whatever specified dollar value.
    3) My fiancee and I have tenants' insurance, which will cover all damages to our property up as well as cover living expenses while we are unable to live at the unit up to whatever specified dollar values.

The person who caused the accident will be personally responsible for all damages within her own unit if she does not have her own insurance policy.

However, if she has a prior history of drawing baths while drunk and flooding places, she may be able to be sued successfully to cover things like paying for insurance deductibles. I'm out $1000 to activate my insurance, for example.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great timing