49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to back for Tom Stoltman.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's such an animal. I went to Britain's Strongest Man and the ease at which he won it was mental.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He seems better set to dominate than anyone has recently as well. The competition all have weak points, where as he tends to be in the top three for everything. This is lol though, and the Eddie Hall mention makes it believable since he probably chose the 2017 events himself.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing new really.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any of you lot tried this clear whey isolate stuff?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never heard of it, but it sounds very good/expensive.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get on the creatine while you're at it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had the clear stuff. It's alright. Makes my teeth feel weird, like I've just smashed through a pack of refreshers.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Any of you lot tried this clear whey isolate stuff?
    Yep, I normally buy 4 when they're pushing >50% off in emails. Miles better than regular whey in terms of drinkability.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karma for using a Smith machine.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That squat technique is so disgusting.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like he was born to fall over.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much weight has he got on there? And he has legs like twigs.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Five plates each side, so 200kg plus whatever the machine bar weighs.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    200 kgs lol.

One of my students participated in this last weekend.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone bothered with shoulder impingement? I think that's what I have anyway. Overhead press and dumbbell lateral raises seem to be fucking my left shoulder.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't suppose anybody is surprised that the idiotic 'Liver King' is on lots of drugs, but eleven grand a month of them? Jesus.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it Marcus Filly?

Edit: seems not.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Liver King is (or was) a bodybuilder/influence whose thing was that he eats meat, specifically raw meat, offal, bollocks, bone marrow, etc., along with the odd thing like fruit and honey, and it was this all-natural diet that made him fucking massive (albeit a manlet iirc) and enabled him to go literally everywhere in all weathers with his top off. This obviously then made him money through Instagram, supplements, and so on. People have been saying he was the most obvious 'roid user since forever, which he always denied, but now somehow some medical e-mails have been leaked showing the insane amount of gear he was on.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't pretty much all fitness influencers (bodybuilding ones anyway) on gear?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but they either have the good grace to skirt around it, or at least don't go to the same lengths he was going to to credit his weirdo lifestyle. The point here is the cost of them.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much was he earning?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I don't suppose anybody is surprised that the idiotic 'Liver King' is on lots of drugs, but eleven grand a month of them? Jesus.
    The face is always a dead giveaway. See McGregor's recent IG efforts.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would you even bother claiming you're clean? Pretty much everyone is or has been on it, it's not as cool as they think to portray this non-user image (although in today's world of social media where 99% of your following is naïve to the industry, then maybe it is, because it allows you to carve out a niche). I was/am an amateur strongman and powerlifter and I've done a cycle ffs. Literally everyone you've ever seen on social media or television is a user.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even Adam “The Snake Roberts” Demamp?

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Packham is on steroids?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every day is a learning day.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Why would you even bother claiming you're clean? Pretty much everyone is or has been on it, it's not as cool as they think to portray this non-user image (although in today's world of social media where 99% of your following is naïve to the industry, then maybe it is, because it allows you to carve out a niche). I was/am an amateur strongman and powerlifter and I've done a cycle ffs. Literally everyone you've ever seen on social media or television is a user.
    Were you not worried about it fucking you up long term or anything?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Were you not worried about it fucking you up long term or anything?
    A little bit. I did a lot of research and also talked to people at my gym (non-commercial) and online who were experienced with it, and I got my bloods done beforehand to catch any unknown flags (this is vital according to almost every level headed person I talked to). I was fairly confident that as long as I got good grade test and the correct inhibitors that it would be fine. And it was, no side effects at all really.

Note that this was with test injections, not just orals. Orals only can fuck you up apparently.
    Last edited by Ben; 30-11-2022 at 11:57 AM. Reason: clarity

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did it have a big effect? Got any before and after pictures?

Also, how could you be sure that what you got was "good grade"? I'm assuming it's buying from some dodgy website?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little bit. I did a lot of research and also talked to people at my gym (non-commercial) and online who were experienced with it, and I got my bloods done beforehand to catch any unknown flags (this is vital according to almost every level headed person I talked to). I was fairly confident that as long as I got good grade test and the correct inhibitors that it would be fine. And it was, no side effects at all really.

Note that this was with test injections, not just orals. Orals only can fuck you up apparently.
    Was your Mrs ok with it? I imagine my wife would react as if I was mainlining heroin.

How much luck did you have keeping your gains? Most people I've spoken to have said it's pretty much "easy on, easy off again".

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did it have a big effect? Got any before and after pictures?

Also, how could you be sure that what you got was "good grade"? I'm assuming it's buying from some dodgy website?
    Effects were massive. Put on about 7kg and a good chunk of it was muscle mass. Did 16 weeks on test then supplemented the final 6 with dbol as a finisher for the competition (that ultimately I pulled out of lol). Inhibitors are crucial for dbol. Test you can probably run on its own and not need to worry assuming you keep the dose to maximum 500mg a week. I think it's highly likely my supplement days are done but that's not because of a bad experience or apprehension of side effects, I just have other priorities these days so my training has taken a back seat. I'd certainly cycle test only without worry if I was to get back into it.

Pics not really. I didn't ever post my training on socials so unless the gym has a random picture of me. I'll check. The pics will probably be group ones anyway, not actually lifts. However I'd say the before/after would be negligible anyway with clothes on. At 6'4" and 105kg, +7kg isn't really a massive difference. I was just fuller. Once I got off and got rid of the water, the muscle gain around the shoulders without clothes was noticeable but not in a chiselled Greek god sense, I'm just a thick set bloke. Looking good like Liver King still requires a lot of effort outside of the needles and training which wasn't my intention. The lifts went up big on cycle though so it did its job.

You're right with the website but I asked a lot of guys where they got theirs so it was a trusted source (trusted as much as you can in this instance anyway).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Was your Mrs ok with it? I imagine my wife would react as if I was mainlining heroin.

How much luck did you have keeping your gains? Most people I've spoken to have said it's pretty much "easy on, easy off again".
    She wasn't overly pleased but she let it go. I'd not have done it if she objected.

I only did one cycle and I stopped training almost immediately after due to the baby arriving so I can't really answer that. It certainly flew off but I've not trained in five months so that would have happened anyway.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Move over Lofty.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulling the rubes in might be part of it, especially if you're selling some gay 'lifestyle' like the Liver King, but isn't it all generally about keeping the corporate side happy? The only people you ever see who are open about it are the people who have their own lines or the people who don't care, where as I saw the Gymshark bloke on something once (I think it was True Geordie), and he had clearly been very well coached in how to answer questions about his models all being juiced to the gills in case he ever gets linked to some wally dying in his sleep.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you're right. Powerlifters especially have begun to be very open about their use and even detail their entire cycles now, because there are separate federations for drug and drug-free so that alone separates the wheat from the chaff. But powerlifting is not flush with cash whereas these influencer bodybuilders are probably forgoing life-changing sums of money if they don't peddle the corporate lines. But it's amazing how many people fall for it when these figures tell you they're clean. That kind of physique is basically impossible to achieve naturally.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only big name I can remember being open about it was Rich Piana, but that was almost the gimmick itself, that he did lots of drugs to get him through his lol 24 HOUR ARMS videos. I think he had his own income as well, until he died of clear steroid-related conditions. George Leeman (still the greatest YouTube lifter of all time) was another, but he was simply psychotic. There is a very good argument for openness in terms of body image, health, etc. The entire media shits the bed over skinny female models and celebrities, but then expects young lads to believe that Chris Hemsworth puts two stone of muscle on eating chicken and rice for four months before a Marvel film.

Do you happen to know how the testing works in big league strongman? Because they do test, but for what? Or is that simply another arse-covering exercise, whereby they test them, get declarations saying I take x, y, z, and then if somebody drops dead on the truck pull then we knew about it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely arse covering at most, although they probably get the competitors to sign waivers anyway. Probably only cocaine would get you turfed by WSM. For example, it's pretty common knowledge that Eddie Hall knocked competing on the head for health reasons, which basically amounted to him having to do a sickening amount of drugs to maintain the weight/strength required. A couple more years and he'd be dead. For someone his height, he was probably carrying about 30kg more than the upper limit. His Wikipedia lists him as 6'3" but I can tell you is he fuck. 6'0" more likely.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    There is a very good argument for openness in terms of body image, health, etc. The entire media shits the bed over skinny female models and celebrities, but then expects young lads to believe that Chris Hemsworth puts two stone of muscle on eating chicken and rice for four months before a Marvel film.
    This is what's mad about it all to me. Are there any actors who aren't on it these days? Everyone seems unbelievably jacked.

I think Rob McElhenney gave a sort of knowing "wink wink" answer about it one time but he's probably about as close as anyone has come to admitting it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HGH is a few grand a month minimum so if you can afford that, guaranteed you're on it if your physique makes you any money whatsoever.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eddie Hall was always very open about having to stop it for health reasons, but people have probably taken it with a pinch of salt because of how much he bullshits about everything else. Mikhail Koklyaev effectively retired from competing years before because he said the weights were getting daft and the lifestyle was killing people, but I think he meant more powerlifting, and nobody would notice a few of those dropping.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Close.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a go at a one rep max bench press at PT last night. I was pretty pleased with 110kg given I've never "lifted" in my life.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will allow @Don to advise you why this is the case. It's his domain.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because I am fat.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fat and weak. Started trying to do a home based routine with just dumbells to see if I can get into a routine worthy of paying for the gym again, two sets of 10kg bicep curls my max Only way is up, I suppose.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mydryk getting Joey Swolled.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    110kg is a very good first go, fat or not.