User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madden

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Just earned a pack and got my first Elite defensive player... an 85 Malcolm Jenkins which replaces the last remaining Silver in my line up.

Line Up now:

QB- Elite Aaron Rodgers (85)
    RB- Gold BCA DeAngelo Williams (84)
    WRs- Elite BCA Larry Fitz (Boosted to 89), Elite Doug Baldwin (85), Elite Jordy Nelson (85)
    FB- Gold BCA Felton (Boosted to 79)
    OL- All Gold- B.Albert (75), J.Pugh (83), J.Berger (81), A.Marpet (BCA, Boosted to 82), M.Moses (BCA Boosted to 83)
    TE- Elite Greg Olsen (86)

Defense:
    FS- Elite M.Jenkins (85)
    All others players are Gold
    ROLB- J.Harrison (79)
    MBL- D.Jackson (76), B.McKinney (75)
    LOLB- M.Ingram- 80
    SS- K.Vaccaro (81)
    CB- Elite Sean Smith (85), M.Peters (77), W.Gay (78)
    RE- JJ Watt (78)
    LE- L.Williams (78)
    DT- S.Floyd (80) K.Williams (79)
    Completed the rushing gauntlet. Changes to the lineup bolded.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a hell of a set of offensive weapons.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've nearly beaten the first set of Halloween challenges but the Colts one was so difficult. 4 points down with 2:40 to play and them having the ball on your 2. Basically if they get in it's over. I had one where I took them to OT but could only get a FG and they got a TD. I had another where I got a TD and went for 2 to take the lead... got it, and first play Luck hit Hilton for an 80 yarder and they got the 2. Even with just 30 seconds to go I scored again but missed the 2 and lost. I stuck with the going for 2 strategy and finally got it when I scored, added 2 and then luck threw a pick. I still had to punt it to them but the time ran out on the return.

Highlight of this set was a challenge where you're 10-0 down to the Giants with something like 3:50 to play and I went 14-10 up with 3:35 to play.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Managed to get the Elite Urlacher that's on offer for the Halloween challenges.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try and stock up on some most feared players (even if they're gold) because they get boosted stats and grow to almost 8 foot or something for a few days near halloween.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've read only the proper elite ones (forget the exact name, but seemingly they're even better than the standard elite ones) that actually grow, haha, but I'd like to see that.

Those stupid treat cards are shit though. I had to spend 5 on a Gold as I couldn't get the chemistry high enough to unlock tier 2, no idea how you're meant to get 65 for an elite player though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Golds grow too (they did in previous versions) but not as big and it looks mental. I'm not a fan of them in the secondary as they play a bit clumsy, as an offensive line it's amazing.

There will also be more solos with even larger players, Brian Dawkins usually gets a card which grows to close to 9 foot in solos.

Packs mainly.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've put all my Gold and my one Elite MF players into my lineup and put on the MF Jersey but I'm still 3 slots short of enough chemistry to unlock the final tier challenges....

Never mind, not sure if it was a waste, but I went to the auction house and bought 3 new players. All 3 were good enough to come in as starters though. S.Thompson comes in at LOLB, K.Neal at SS (I had him there previously but this version is better) and J.Ramsey at CB.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've finished the Most Feared Challenges and got 44 treats. Tempted to trade 35 of them for an Elite player as I can't see where I get an extra 21 for a "Freak of Nature".

I'm also tempted to trade 10 golds for an Elite but most of my golds are my best players currently. Tough decisions.

For fuck sake. I did both. Traded 35 treats in and then bought a couple of golds as cheap as possible so I could keep the ones that were starters and traded in 10 golds for another Elite. Guess what? Same fucking player.

It's an 89 OVR M.Dareus. I see him on the auction block for probably an average of 135,000 or so but the only one with a bid on at the moment is about 90,000. What do you think @Mahow ? Should I be looking to sell the spare, or maybe trade it? Not quite sure how trading works, but I assume I can put him up and if I don't get any good offers I don't have to take them?

At least he should fix my DT issues...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sell the spare, the price will only get lower.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to that website he's the best 4-3 DT in the game and the 2nd best 3-4, so I can't complain. Here's hoping I can sell the spare for a decent amount. However, I rarely ever seem to spend coins. I really should re-invest the money into another Elite player at least.

I've listed him starting at 130k which is probably the lower end of average. Hopefully he'd fetch a little more but the only 2 I've seen with bids on were 90k and 120k, no idea what the 90k went for in the end. It's only a 12 hour auction so should end roughly when I get a chance to play this evening. Hopefully he sells.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to pick up some cheap BCA players to max out the chemistry for that but I'm still 2 off and don't really seem to have many cheap options left that would play in my team. I bought in an Elite LT and a Gold CB which boosted it, as well as shelling out for an Elite Lamar Miller because I'm sick of having awful RBs, but I'm still 2 players off max chemistry. Seems my best option would be to buy the cheap Gold C (who would be a downgrade but not a big one) and maybe Golden Tate but he would set me back about 25,000 and probably not be an upgrade on Jordy. Is the benefit going to be worth it?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opened one of those MF TOTW packs and got a TOTW Deone Buchanon.

I was still using his gold and he's a cover linebacker so he slots in nicely with my color rush Mosley.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dareus went for 130k. Was hoping for more but oh well.

Maxing out the BCA chemistry isn't worth it. It adds one point to all of my OL but I lost 3 points from my C putting him in and have to lose 5 from WR to max it out. I bought a cheap BCA DT but for some reason he doesn't work even if I put him in at DT1. Oh well. At least I don't need to worry about that.

Did you buy the TOTW pack? I was looking at it but assumed I should still never buy packs.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dareus went for 130k. Was hoping for more but oh well.

Maxing out the BCA chemistry isn't worth it. It adds one point to all of my OL but I lost 3 points from my C putting him in and have to lose 5 from WR to max it out. I bought a cheap BCA DT but for some reason he doesn't work even if I put him in at DT1. Oh well. At least I don't need to worry about that.

Did you buy the TOTW pack? I was looking at it but assumed I should still never buy packs.
    I bought one with points as I had some money in my PS wallet.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost done the defensive gauntlet for October, just one to go which is shut out the CPU for an entire game. That will be tough as hell but my plan is just to run as much clock as I can when I have the ball and then turnover on downs near the goal line. Shitting out a 0-0.

The previous one, force an INT within 3 plays was a real bitch. When I finally got it there was a flag on the play. I expected it was "roughing the passer" as I had twatted him from behind as he threw the ball, but it was "Illegal Forward Pass". Of course I declined the penalty, but it didn't say I had passed the challenge. I was fuming. Ran one play and then it said I was successful. That was the 2nd play of the game, not the 3rd, so it wasn't waiting for 3 plays. Confusing, but oh well.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which "Beast" have you chosen @Mahow ? I've gone for Collins as it was the only position I need an Elite for. I hope he comes with MF Chemistry though as my current SS has it and I need to keep it if possible.

Bit annoyed they've given away free Urlacher after the work I put in to get him.

How do I unlock those "Enraged" challenges? I'm guessing I have to wait until Halloween weekend, when presumably the MF players will become enraged? But if that's not true then I doubt I can do it as seemingly the only Enraged player available at the moment is Urlacher.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition to today's major Beasts of the Gridiron updates, there is a new 10-game solo challenge sequence. You will need the Enraged chemistry on at least one player in your lineup to unlock it which you can get from Brian Urlacher or by upgrading your Beast of the Gridiron to his 86 OVR version. If you complete it, you get 40,000 coins, Most Feared related packs, and the Elite Food collectible you need for unlocking the 89 OVR version of your beast.

Muthead usually has the information for everything.

I'll be getting Collins as he's an upgrade on the 85 Burnett.

Suh is a 4-3 DT and I have 83 Poe who is the second best nose tackle right now only behind his 87 version (although I'll pick him up soon) and I have 88 Brady who is a better passer than Jameis.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah right, I just need to get him to his 86 OVR version then as I'm never gonna get that Urlacher.

I got him to his Gold version today and I'm assuming it's 2 more days worth of challenges for the 86.

Trolled the fuck out of the Bengals on that final defensive gauntlet challenge. After they went 3 and out I just bled the clock for the entire first half, scoring a TD at the end to make sure they wouldn't kick a FG if I failed to bleed all of the 2nd half out. In the 2nd half I turned over on downs on purpose to pin them back at their own 4 yard line with 17 seconds to go after pissing away all the time. Their one play was an INT. Easy.

My Elite Player reward is a LT which I don't need as I already have a better one, but during the Gauntlet I got myself an 86 OVR M.Wilkerson which is nice.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mo

He's always the best 3-4 LE in MUT and right now the 86 is the best bar his 88 version.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I replay challenges to do the feast ones? Not sure where else I can get 400 passing yards as most are short.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, should be able to.

You won't get completion rewards for beating the challenge again ofc.

Do full games and run some HB screens for the yards.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got my Elite Collins, but I'm not convinced I'll be able to do that final All Madden challenge. Maybe if it proves ridiculously hard, the Most Feared boosts may help over Halloween Weekend. We'll see.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.muthead.com/17/players/28...andon-williams

I cannot fucking wait to get this later tonight.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea no chance I'm getting the final Collins. I can't even do the 2nd challenge.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've managed to get through 5 of the 10 challenges but it's been such an epic struggle, I doubt I'll ever have a shot at that last one if I get there. The amount of drops I get is absolutely insane, only thing worse is the amount of times the pass rush gets to me half a second after the ball is snapped and forces an incompletion. I invested 60k in my OL but it hasn't really helped. Oh well.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a Randy Moss collectible from the legends games this week. Put it up for 250 no buyout, just checked and it's going for around 120k.

I'll probably only get like 50k.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shame he'll probably get a concussion a game though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much does Reed set you back? The amount I throw to my TE i may consider him. Does "Halloween weekend" include Monday? If not I'm probably fucked as I'm at Wembley today so won't get to play much.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I managed to nab him for 27,750 but generally a bit closer to 30.

"This player will morph to a 95 OVR from Saturday 10/29 at 10:30 AM ET to Tuesday 11/1 at 10:30 AM ET."

Goes up to Tuesday.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did buy Reed but honestly with how much I'm struggling I'll probably just stick with the Elite Collins. Bit of a shame but it's not worth the stress. If the final wasn't "All Madden" I'd give it a go, but with 4 to go.... meh.

Still, a much stronger team than I had before all this.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still haven't got my 86.

I need like 1 or 2 food but the servers were down for me earlier today.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beasts of Gridiron are the hardest challenges ever.

Last year it was piss easy to play against enraged players as the HUGE height boost made the players all play really badly. This year they play as good (if not better) than their smaller counterparts but they've also got a crazy height advantage.

I've somehow managed to complete 5 challenges but it's been a real struggle. I can only reliably count on HB screen passes and verticals throwing to a TE on an out route (slanted to the sideline). For everything else either my O-Line can't give me enough time, players get balls ripped out of their hands (this is fucking ridiculous, I've had loads where it's been ripped out in almost impossible plays) or the defence makes some mental play.

Defending is largely okay but I'm finding it so tough to score consistently.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad it wasn't just me. I got through 6 of the 10 and probably could have done the others with like 20 attempts at each but I decided it wasn't worth it for a 2 OVR stat boost on one player. Far too stressful.

The new objectives seem to be broken too. One of them is "win a solo challenge in which you throw for over 300 yards" so I picked a challenge where the goal was "throw for over 300 yards" and completed it but didn't get the objective. I then did a "full game" challenge and the in game stats showed I passed for a little over 300 yards but the objective recorded it as 287 so I didn't get it there.

Throw for 5 TDs in one game is going to be fucking tough though. I've no idea which challenge will get me a shot at that, as my "Full games" tend to still only be 3-4 minutes per quarter which probably isn't enough time for 5 scoring drives unless I play perfectly.

Oh and yea, the ball ripping out thing is what i meant when I said I was getting loads of drops. It's fucking stupid. The amount of times I'd make a catch and feel like I was running with the ball only for it to then randomly fall to the ground and go down as incomplete.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They went from aggressive catch being far too OP last year to almost impossible to catch in traffic.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evenin gents,so i took the punt and bought the game,never played a Madden game before,is there a handy guide to get me in the swing of things?Don't know anything about offensive or defensive schemes,button configurations or anything.All I know is the player's position somewhat ok and what team i want to pick(Seahawks).Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.madden-school.com/

That (just use the freebie shit) and Youtube videos are your best bet. Plus do the tutorials.

Also, learn to user (take control) of your fastest MLB as you'll contribute so much more to your team.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd always switch players on defence but doing that you end up changing direction and getting lost so instead I tend to stick either as Bobby Wagner or Kam. I tried playing as Jeremy Lane but you tend to spend most plays just tracking a player who never sees sight of the ball.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Safety is another good option yeah.

I had so much fun on Ultimate Team last year controlling the career tribute Charles Woodson and then Boss Legend Ed Reed.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So,the game is pretty awesome,pretty tough for a newbie like me but if you get it going it's damn good fun.My MUT team is 83 overall comprised by Elites Larry Fitz,Jeremy Maclin,Kam Chancellor,Dak Prescott and some other elites and golds I do not remember.Doing the solo challenges to get in the swing of things,being pretty far away playing wise for online matches.Too many buttons to memorize and perform at the correct time is kinda frustrating but it is to be expected.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the double post,but how do you guys gain coins?I grind like 7-8 challenges a day and get like 15.000 coins max?Is there a way to gain more coins and faster?I haven't played any online head to head yet as i would get annihilated.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Auction trading (basically buy for 1, sell for 2. Muthead can help with prices), grinding challenges (sometimes they give nice ones depending on the promo), online games (even if you'd get battered it's still worth it, especially if they're running a double coin weekend) or buying packs with real cash.

This year it's a lot harder to gain coins tbh. Last few versions they had coin up challenges. You'd play two games and get collectibles, the first you'd bet on who would win a selected match (you'd get 2.5k if you were right, although it was 5k 2 years ago) and the second would be used to bet on a possible outcome and the coin range would vary.

EA got pissed last year because they also did them on some online matchups with some well known community members. One was for a guy to beat another by 35+ points which he did, 100k for that scenario They had to hand out millions of coins.

Also, this is more late game stuff but play all TOTW matches, you can get lucky. I got a collectible worth 100k or so from that, plus at the end of the year if you have enough special TOTW collectibles in the set you'll get a free TOTY player (don't worry if you missed some weeks, around the playoffs they'll drop all the TOTW games again for a couple of days).

Play challenges as soon as they come out if you can too. They will have an Ultimate Team thing later in the year were mental cards of legends come out and they usually do games to get a collectible for said player. I remember playing the Steve Young match within about 30 minutes of them putting him up and I got his boss card (which I sold for around 3m, he was going for about 200k by the time they fixed it) instead of the collectible.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate,that's very helpful,i'll put your help in good use!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and if you happen unpack a player who was just added to the game (in the past week, such as TOTW items) sell them as quick as possible.

Even if you want to keep them because you can buy them a few days later as the supply is higher.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a 93 Khalil Mack...Should i sell him in order to improve the team in more positions or just keep him?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just got him? Damn.

I'd sell, he's got for over 750k I believe, next week he'll be down to around 550-600k.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put him on the block,750k buy now price.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is he so expensive? I'd never spend that on one player.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is he so expensive? I'd never spend that on one player.
    Just released so supply is low, he's a 'name' player, second best LOLB to the Von Miller who goes for over a milion and he will be until the Ultimate Legends probably.

The most I've ever spent on a player was 1.6m IIRC on Boss Ed Reed last year (I also spent 1.5m on the tribute Charles Woodson but sold him to get Reed).

http://www.muthead.com/16/players/17123-ed-reed

He was fucking amazing though, especially to user with his 97 speed, 100 acceleration, 98 jumping, 101 zone and 100 play recognition. I'd get so many picks by usering him.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got super lucky and got a Champ Bailey Ghost of Madden Past from that 50 collectible set.

430k or so