User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madden

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the best thing to do when you get a duplicate gold? Sell it, I assume?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally sell it, unless it's a rare gold which might be used in a set later on.

Post the name and I can tell you if it's worth selling now or holding off until later.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a DT from the Jags, S.Marks I think.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll probably be in the positional set later in the year but he's not rare, you can sell now.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Literally just realised they sell a gold kicker and punter for 25 a pop on the store. There are people trying to sell the same players for 3000. Tell me no one is that stupid?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some are.

Also, icing the kicker is so fucking stupid. It doesn't work in real life yet EA decide to make it almost impossible to kick a field goal/PAT after being iced.

I'm playing a franchise game with the Ravens against the Raiders. 13-13, after I just scored. Line up for a PAT, get iced and the kick gets blocked.

In OT we get a quick turnover, a few plays later I go for a FG having failed to score a TD. Tucker gets iced once again and the kick is blocked yet again.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andddddddddddddddddddd we have our first elite RG3 of the year:

http://www.muthead.com/17/players/16...rt-griffin-iii

Edit: Bought the 88 Brady for 68k due to RG3 being released. Probably could have gotten it cheaper but fuck it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent some time selling binder shit and upgrading my team:

Brady is fucking brilliant and Deangelo is super quick and agile.

Also, just spotted the Edelman. It's actually his gold version.

Fuck all coins right now but my goal will be to replace Demaryius Thomas with possibly AJ Green, Baldwin with Fitz and Edelman with Beckham or legends Harrison in a few weeks.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus. I still only have one elite player.

Kind of running out of steam with the mode though. I'm not good enough at the game to just ace all the challenges and repeating any is a massive drain on contracts. That and the fact they haven't added any new objectives or whatever is a bit lame. Hopefully it picks up soon. I was tempted to but the pack that's on offer right now but 35,000 seems way too steep for 3 golds, especially when 3 Pro packs wouldn't cost that.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never spend coins on packs.

You may get lucky but the likelihood is that you'll get fuck all and lose most of your money.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I figured it wasn't worth the risk.

My free pro pack today yielded a gold CB so I finally have 3 of those. My whole team is gold (plus Baldwin) except FB and I think SS but Major Wright is a bit of a don there.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you don't need the top ranked guy there.

Like I use Shazier and Buchanon at MLB as they're perfect for me. I user Shazier and I like Buchanon because bar legends Ray Nitschke and Luke Kuechly he's the best in coverage at MLB. Poe is the best nose tackle bar his new upgraded signature one.

http://www.mutrank.com/

That site really is incredible as it lets you plan what you want from each position. Really good when you're building a team on a budget too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and if you can try and do the gauntlet games.

I started a few days ago and have finished defense (the last one is a bitch but there's a trick to it) and should have rushing done tomorrow.

The defense unlocks a 92 Suh for 30 games, rushing a 92 AP for 30 games and the passing is a 92 DeAndre Hopkins for 30 games.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While those do sound good, I feel like it's a bit of a con when they do "Limited usage" players.

How does Draft Champions work and will I get anything useful for it? I'm considering giving it a go.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    While those do sound good, I feel like it's a bit of a con when they do "Limited usage" players.

How does Draft Champions work and will I get anything useful for it? I'm considering giving it a go.
    Yeah, as far as I'm aware this is the first time they've done limited use player rewards. They're such a shit idea.

With draft champions you get a shitty base team (like all silvers) and then you have 15 draft rounds. In those rounds they give you 3 players to choose from, with the last round always being a choice of 3 really great players.

The rewards are coins and draft champions badges. Right now there aren't any sets that I'm aware of but there will be. Like 200-250 badges for an elite player plus after a while they'll declare the draft champion season over and based on how many games you've played and won you'll get extra rewards.

They're also doing special Friday night draft champion events, where you get the regular rewards as well as special FNDbadges.

6 Elite FND Badges → 1 Elite Friday Night Hero
    1 Elite FND Badge → 1 Elite Friday Night Hero (No auction/trade)
    3 Gold FND Badges → 1 Gold Friday Night Hero
    5 Gold FND Badges → 1 Elite FND Badge

The elites are 90 OBJ, 89 Geno, 87 Ansah, 87 Gilbert, 86 Freeman, 86 Barr, 85 McDonald and 85 Carr. Plus a load of golds.

3 solo wins gets you a gold badge, 4 H2H wins gets you a gold and 6 DC ranked wins gets you an elite.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it all matches against other people, or are there other things you can do once you draft your team?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matches against others in the H2H and ranked ones (which use those tickets).

Solos are against the AI and still a full match.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Free 85 Antonio Brown this week. Here's the first thing he did for me:

So close

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the colour rush kits patched in already. EA on the ball

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.muthead.com/17/players/28003-chris-conley

Chris Conley is fucking amazing.

I just picked him up for 5k and in 3 passes he's scored twice. He absolutely flies past defenders, has good catch in traffic and has the trait for sideline catches.

Browning pick him up. He's incredible at that price.

I also bought Fitz for 31k and I've yet to pass to him because Conley keeps flying down the touchline open.

So good.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's nuts.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricky Williams and Mike Singletary the legends this week.

I'll have to pick them both up when they're cheap.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got 17 today.

May have to give UT a bash Any tips?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahow View Post
    For computer challenges it's a fucking grind. To get it over quickly, put the clock acceleration on the lowest setting (like 10 seconds or something so it chews it all the way down) and keep running short run plays. Do whatever you want on defence (I run zone constantly because I see what's happening more and nothing big will go past me but some do punt block man but it's never worked for me).

Against real people, mix it up a lot and pray the dickheads aren't using the cheesy as fuck aggressive catch (not sure if it's still in play here but in 16 it was mental) or nano blitzes (although if you know it's coming you can get huge plays off).

In terms of the market it's much like FUT obviously. I haven't played it in a while so don't know what giveaways/promos they do but in MUT they do a fucking shit load. Some are clear attempts by EA to grab money but some are great even for F2P guys.

Coin ups are good on Madden as you just need to play two games each week and you get to bet (for free) on the winner of a selected match and one of 4 outcomes (I remember winning like 100k one weekend because of a defensive TD). It's advisable not to do many sets right now because the market will be fucking shit, it's probably for the best not to do any of the quick sell sets throughout the year but I'm a bit addicted to them.

Muthead is good for checking prices of things as well and there are a shit ton of videos helping with offensive and defensive strategies. Mutrank is good for giving a complete breakdown on the best players for each position by adding up the total of all the relevant stats too.

With the offence you can be pretty loose I feel but with the defence you should choose either a 4-3 or 3-4 defence and stick to it. Get a playbook you like based on that system (Google will help if you don't know which teams run which system). Also in MUT it's advisable to user a MLB (a quick one) as you can get a lot of cheap picks if you do it well and you will have a greater impact on the game. Running someone on the defensive line, whilst it's nice to pick up sacks, there isn't a huge drop off from a great user to the AI. I personally became a fan of usering a safety last year as I had Woodson and then later Reed who were both fucking insane.
    One more thing about the market.

Sell now, buy later.

If you think FUT is bad for copies of players just wait until you see MUT. RG3 for instance started with a 77 overall rated card last year, he didn't play once but ended the year with a 97. Thanks to the combine, flashbacks and movers programs.

Von Miller already has 4 versions although one is a starter that can't be sold, as well as a limited challenge version.
    Yeah you got your bonus and you'll get more packs each week.

This is my bible:

Can easily find the best type of player for you and for the price.

Best thing to do now is to try and limit the coins you spend for at least a couple of weeks (although until just after the season starts would be best) as better cards will be released which drives down the price of everything else.
    Items in the item binder are all your players, jerseys, playbooks, etc etc. Max is 1200 which doesn't seem like much now but in 2 months you'll have so much in your binder.

The add to set thing are collectibles and players who can be added to sets to unlock various things. Go to the set menu and you can see what is required to complete a set and the rewards you can get. Only add stuff when you can complete a set or add shit that you're never going to use or sell.

Also, try to keep hold of any gold players. In a good few months they will add positional heroes sets. To do those sets you'll need X amount from a position, some of those will be a fairly rare gold or rare low level elite who will see a price increase of a shit load.

There were some golds that were going for a few thousand last year pre-positional sets. I was able to sell some of those for a hundred thousand or so.
    Oh I forgot about the contracts thing.

Everything counts against contracts, even those little challenges. When you run out of contracts you just need to add more, if you don't have any you'll just have to bench them but contracts can be bought for a small amount of coins.

Yes, objectives are usually once a week or so.
    Now it might seem like a bit of a shit deal but it will be fine when the season comes into play.

There will be more solos, more challenges which give coins and/or contracts, you'll get more free packs with contracts in them etc etc. They also do a few double coins for H2H matches (the only real time I play them) and half price contract weekends during the season.
    I'd buy Shazier when you can and learn to user him on defence. It gets a lot easier if you can get skilled at that. You can produce so many more interceptions.
    Never spend coins on packs.

You may get lucky but the likelihood is that you'll get fuck all and lose most of your money.
    Yeah you don't need the top ranked guy there.

Like I use Shazier and Buchanon at MLB as they're perfect for me. I user Shazier and I like Buchanon because bar legends Ray Nitschke and Luke Kuechly he's the best in coverage at MLB. Poe is the best nose tackle bar his new upgraded signature one.

That site really is incredible as it lets you plan what you want from each position. Really good when you're building a team on a budget too.
    Oh and if you can try and do the gauntlet games.

I started a few days ago and have finished defense (the last one is a bitch but there's a trick to it) and should have rushing done tomorrow.

The defense unlocks a 92 Suh for 30 games, rushing a 92 AP for 30 games and the passing is a 92 DeAndre Hopkins for 30 games.
    Yeah, as far as I'm aware this is the first time they've done limited use player rewards. They're such a shit idea.

With draft champions you get a shitty base team (like all silvers) and then you have 15 draft rounds. In those rounds they give you 3 players to choose from, with the last round always being a choice of 3 really great players.

The rewards are coins and draft champions badges. Right now there aren't any sets that I'm aware of but there will be. Like 200-250 badges for an elite player plus after a while they'll declare the draft champion season over and based on how many games you've played and won you'll get extra rewards.

They're also doing special Friday night draft champion events, where you get the regular rewards as well as special FNDbadges.

6 Elite FND Badges → 1 Elite Friday Night Hero
    1 Elite FND Badge → 1 Elite Friday Night Hero (No auction/trade)
    3 Gold FND Badges → 1 Gold Friday Night Hero
    5 Gold FND Badges → 1 Elite FND Badge

The elites are 90 OBJ, 89 Geno, 87 Ansah, 87 Gilbert, 86 Freeman, 86 Barr, 85 McDonald and 85 Carr. Plus a load of golds.

3 solo wins gets you a gold badge, 4 H2H wins gets you a gold and 6 DC ranked wins gets you an elite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    I just got 17 today.

May have to give UT a bash Any tips?
    Read all of the above, that's pretty much it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and I forgot about this.

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/mut-rewards

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My word.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The BCA players are pretty decent. Tedd Ginn and Teddy both become starters for me (Ginn replacing himself but moving from WR3 to WR2) and a few of the OL players and the FB start too. I may well trade them all for an Elite if the chance arises through the sets, but for now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah BCAs are always quite nice.

Last year though they were better as they all had at least 95 strength or something. The BCA Fitz was a fucking monster, he'd catch everything.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Madden servers are down at the minute, which means I can't play my franchise. Think I'll be going back to offline saves now, thanks EA

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Madden servers are down at the minute, which means I can't play my franchise. Think I'll be going back to offline saves now, thanks EA
    Yeah I learnt that the hard way last year.

Fuck them and their 'recommended' cloud saves.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completed the BCA challenges and got my Elite Aaron Rodgers.

Now to turn 10 golds into an Elite.... please don't be another QB.

88 Larry Fitz.

The final challenge was quite lucky. Needing to beat the Seahawks by 13 points plus. I settled for a FG on my first drive but managed to return a fumble for a TD and a 10-0 lead. We traded Field Goals after that for 13-3 but the Seahawks had the ball with not much time left. Somehow though Wilson fumbled again and a heroic recovery gave us the ball back. After that it was just a case of running enough time off the clock and kicking the FG as the clock expired to win by exactly 13. Fairly sure I could have got the TD but wasn't worth it. I'd had 2-3 attempts before that but quit early after turning the ball over or whatever, just got super lucky with those fumbles.

My favorite along the way was one where all you had to do with kick a 30 yard FG to pass. I managed to throw a pick giving them the ball. I deliberately pulled defenders out of position to try and let them score fast as it didn't matter, but somehow still held them to a FG. I got the ball back and connected with Ginn downfield, sent out the kicker.... and only then realised it was a 27 yard attempt. I called my final time out to change the play and tried to run backwards and out of bounds but got tackled in bounds and was just about to get the kick off with 1 second remaining.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that he's aware of Breast Cancer, Ted Ginn is a stud. Stats wise he's my WR3 but he's normally the first guy I look for.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just earned a pack and got my first Elite defensive player... an 85 Malcolm Jenkins which replaces the last remaining Silver in my line up.

Line Up now:

QB- Elite Aaron Rodgers (85)
    RB- Gold BCA DeAngelo Williams (84)
    WRs- Elite BCA Larry Fitz (Boosted to 89), Elite Doug Baldwin (85), Gold BCA Ted Ginn (80)
    FB- Gold BCA Felton (Boosted to 79)
    OL- All Gold- B.Albert (75), J.Pugh (83), J.Berger (81), A.Marpet (BCA, Boosted to 82), M.Moses (BCA Boosted to 83)
    TE- Gold Owen Daniels (77)

Defense:
    FS- Elite M.Jenkins (85)
    All others players are Gold
    ROLB- D.Skuta (75)
    MBL- D.Jackson (76), B.McKinney (75)
    LOLB- D.Morgan (76)
    SS- K.Neal (75)
    CB- M.Peters (77), B.Flowers (75), E.Apple (72)
    RE- JJ Watt (78)
    LE- K.Ealy (75)
    DT- K.Williams (79), S.Marks (76)

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never played it, but how is JJ Watt 78 (or anything under 90)?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I've never played it, but how is JJ Watt 78 (or anything under 90)?
    He's only the gold version of him, I'm sure the Elite version is much higher.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's only the gold version of him, I'm sure the Elite version is much higher.
    Ah right. I didn't know there were versions of players. All this stuff is why I stopped at PS2.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only in Ultimate Team mode. I'm not sure what his rating is in the regular game but I'd be shocked if it's not in the 90s.

Just got an 81 ROLB (M.Ingram) in a pack so he comes in. Good reward for torching the Ravens.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only in Ultimate Team mode. I'm not sure what his rating is in the regular game but I'd be shocked if it's not in the 90s.

Just got an 81 ROLB (M.Ingram) in a pack so he comes in. Good reward for torching the Ravens.
    98 or something I believe in career mode, maybe even 99 I can't remember.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got my first ever all pro pack, Golds were:

Demar Dotson (76), Panthers Alternate Uniform (that better not count...), Michael Floyd (80), Kendall Wright (77), Packers 1960s Throwback.

Do Gold Jerseys actually matter? I'm assuming not.

Doesn't do much for me. Dotson isn't as good as who I have there and Floyd is only as good as my WR3. Meh.

Another All Pro Pack gives me:

Sharrif Floyd (80) Leonard Williams (79), Justin Forsett (77)

So close to a legends pack, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Does it matter if I put in players who are 4-3 or 3-4? I can play Williams at LE instead of RE as I have JJ Watt there... but it says he's 3-4 and it's crossed out. Not sure that matters.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just means that he wont contribute to a 3-4 chemistry stat (I think for base defence chemistry you need 5 or 6 players but for specialist ones you only need 2). Williams will also lose some points from awareness and play rec (I believe, can't quite remember though).

Generally it doesn't matter though, it will later as the chemistry boosts are really nice and they're also new for this year. For now just plug and play wherever.

Gold uniforms just are rarer (and they count as a rare in packs) and look better/worse. Some are worth decent coins though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They didn't seem to count for me as I got 3 gold players and 2 gold uniforms in each pack i think, but oh well.

I've plugged Williams in as his stats pissed all over Ealy's.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What defence are you playing anyway? 3-4 or 4-3? If you don't know tell me what playbook you have equipped.

The stats might be better but Ealy is a 4-3 DE whilst Williams (like his chemistry suggests) is a 3-4 end.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cardinals Defense.

So I'm guessing that's 3-4, but both my DTs have 4-3 chemistry on them. Is that an issue then? Surely a DT is a DT....

What's confusing me is I thought 3-4 was 2 MLBs and 1 DT... but the set up has 2 DTs and 1 MLB slot, and the other MLBs file in behind Jackson who is my best one. To be honest I'm completely at a loss with it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's 3-4.

In a 4-3 system one DT is usually a bit slimmer, fast and will pressure the QB so someone like Aaron Donald.

The second DT is also someone who could be used in a 3-4 system (and he'd be called a nose tackle), that DT is a huge guy who is strong as fuck as well as fat as fuck. His job is to draw two blockers, stop runs and just be a fucking pain in the arse. Think Vince Wilfork or Dontari Poe.

Playing a 4-3 DT at nose tackle in a 3-4 is a bad idea. He'll draw double blocks from the center and a guard and get dominated on the line which doesn't help anyone else. You need a fattie in there to fill holes up.

Yeah, that is balls because in MUT it wont let you change that as your default thing as they expect most to use a 4-3 system. If you use a 3-4 playbook (which you are) it will use MLB 1 and 2 as well as DT 1 (there will be some plays in the playbook which aren't standard 3-4 which will see a backup safety at MLB or the extra DT in though).

I usually use DT 2 as someone who is cheap but is a chemistry carrier so he helps boost the whole team.

Also, going back to 3-4/4-3. The DE's are there to stop the run and try to help pass rushers so again have to be a bit chunkier, Watt is actually pretty thin for a 3-4 but the guy's stats are so amazing that they work well in either system. In a 4-3 the ends are pass rushers.

OLB's in a 3-4 are the pass rushers so people like Suggs, Ware, Dumervil, Miller etc are the top dogs. In a 4-3 the OLB's provide pass support so need to be able to cover in man and zone.

Watt and Williams are 3-4 guys, your DT's are not look at the cheaper Poe or Brandon Williams. Your OLB's whilst they're 4-3 guys they can work in a 3-4 but you'll need to upgrade them.

Madden (especially MUT) doesn't do a good job of explaining the differences between the two schemes and what you need to look for. The chemistry system they've put in place this year helps but it's still not great.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a better ROLB after that post, but not sure if you saw that.

I have about 80k in coins, what should I look for?

I guess I could change to a 4-3 playbook of that suits my players better?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I learnt that the hard way last year.

Fuck them and their 'recommended' cloud saves.
    Having just moved into a new house that isn't even on BT Openreach's radar yet, I've definitely learned my lesson.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legends Pack gives me: Ryan Wendell (75 RG), DeMarco Murray (80 RB), Joel Bitonio (75 LG), Greg Olsen (Elite, 86 TE), Collectible R.Williams (what?), a gold helmet (what?), a gold Fitzpatrick (already had him) and Karl Joseph (75 SS). Not great.... but Olsen

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My god I love Ted Ginn

Final passing challenge for an "Elite pack" was get 600 passing yards before they get 300 total yards. I just passed every play and did an onside kick every kick off to limit them to about 35 yards if they scored so completed it with ease. Ginn caught 9 balls for 249 yards and 2 TDs. 119 of that was RAC. Next highest was Baldwin with 143 and Larry Fitz had a pathetic 78.

Pack gave me an 85 Sean Smith (CB).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sean Smith is brilliant.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's this "They're Coming" shit?

Final pack of the night (All Pro) yields William Gay (78), another Kendall Wright (I must have 3 or 4 now...) a gold Face Mask and Alex Smith.... bit meh.

Are there any sets I should be looking to fill with all my spare golds? I assume there's nothing that great I can do with them.