Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Madden

For all us NFL fans out there.

Been playing 15 lately, and I've just knocked up my own custom playbooks to use in Franchise mode. Started a game with the 49ers & went through a complete re-draft, taking Cam Newton in R1, and ending up with what I think is a fairly solid team.

OFFENCE:
    Toggle Spoiler

DEFENCE:
    Toggle Spoiler

SPECIAL TEAMS:
    Toggle Spoiler

The draft has also thrown up some interesting offences on other teams:
    Toggle Spoiler

Strategy was to snap up a QB & a linebacker early, get a few reliable CBs & then pile into the offensive line since receivers & running backs can pretty much just be plugged in. The later picks were basically used to get guys with good physical stats as they cost way more to improve than stuff like awareness & play recognition, and those 'intangible' stats boost OVR ratings really quickly, so most of my backups play better than their stats suggest & will rapidly improve.

Been trying to play defence a bit better myself as well, but then games take forever so I've gone back to SuperSim again Will have to try to get it down at some point though, I'm pretty awful as it stands, although I could probably get the hang on playing as a linebacker or safety with time.

I really want to play another player career as a FS like I did on 11, but the camera's the wrong way round now & you can only flip it on next gen consoles, so I'm not that fussed for the minute.

---

Anyways, let this be the place you talk about your Madden games.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always the easiest to play as a linebacker.

I mainly play MUT and here is my team:

On defence I usually use either Kendricks, Woodson, Kuechly, Barber or NTL.

Oh and for anyone wondering, Za'Darius Smith is absolutely bonkers so much so that some people have 5 or 6 versions of him in their teams.

I haven't started a team franchise but I went a bit deep on a CB game the other day. I made a 6 foot 2 man corner in the mould of Jimmy Smith/DRC, in the first season I was the 4th CB so rarely saw snaps other than on special teams. I ran back 3 punt returns for TD's (longest was 95) as well as a kick off for 90 which saw me go to the pro bowl, in the second season I was the third choice CB and I wasn't being targeted when I was in coverage but I went bonkers on blitzes and finished with 13 sacks plus a few more KR and PR TD's for another pro bowl.

I've only played a couple of games in the third season as the second choice but the Ravens annoyed me by chucking Harbaugh for Fox as I'm getting less XP in training and things cost so much more. I already have a PR TD on the season and, again, I'm barely being targeted in coverage but I do have a pick after I was tested late on in a game which iced it.

Edit: My career stats are 54 solo tackles, 70 assists (124 total), 12 tackles for a loss, 14 sacks, 1 interception, 2 deflections, 0 catches allowed (not sure how that's 0, I've given up some plays including 1 TD as I got fucked on a slant route), 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery (not one of my forced fumbles), 1 TD (the fumble) and 1 safety.

Not too shabby for 35 games played.

Oh and in the return game, I've had 69 kick returns at average of 26.5 with 2 TD's the longest being 100 yards and 109 punt returns with 16.6 average, 5 TD's and the longest being 99 yards.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Demoted back down to 3rd choice CB as Ladarius Webb gained more confidence and in my first game back I kept blitzing Big Ben and he kept shitting the bed.

He threw three pick 6's to other backs just before I sacked him and another time he managed to break through a sack I was about to get only to get smashed by Mosley who caused him to fumble.

I think I prefer being a nickel corner rather than a number 1.

Edit: Just got my first Defensive Player of the Week award for sacking Aaron Rodgers 6.5 times, although it could have been so many more, and 1 forced fumble (I also scored an 85 yard punt return too).

Hmmm, that's an impressive amount of fumble return yards on just one fumble recovery.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished my 3rd season with 66 solo tackles, 41 assists, 16 tackles for a loss, 30 sacks (eat a whole fucking bag of dicks Strahan you gap toothed fucker ), 1 interception, 2 pass deflections, 3 forced fumbles, 3 recoveries and 1 defensive TD.

In the return game I ran back 36 kicks for 1,041 yards (a league best of 28.9 average and 3 TD's with my longest being 108 yards. In punts I returned 39 back for 654 yards (my average of 16.8 was by far the league best) with 2 TD's, the longest being 84 yards. The rest of the league was shit in punt return this season, only 2 other players ran a TD back with the highest return punt for a player who didn't score a TD being only 19 yards.

I was defensive player of the week 4 times (including the final 2 weeks), I was named defensive player of the year but only the 10th best DB :\

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New one is out a week tomorrow so I've ordered it. Comes with free ultimate team stuff so may give that a look for once. No idea what I'll do career mode wise.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered mine too, cannot wait.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have they robbed the frostbite engine for Madden too? Or is it just your usual slight upgrade on last years version?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea but I haven't bought one since 25 so I can't wait regardless.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't even care if it's a slight upgrade.

I put so many hours into it (and too much money into ultimate team ) every single year.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Von Miller not giving a fuck

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loading up my game now. Last years UT really opened my eyes because I had a really balanced team until career Charles Woodson came out and I jacked most of my players in to get him and then later boss Ed Reed.

I didn't exactly have chumps (ended the season with about 7 99's or something) but I really liked having that one guy on defence that I'd always user. I'll be doing the same having either a good user MLB or safety and just squibs across the board.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm probably a bit shit at madden so no idea how I'll get on with UT but I have codes for free stuff so may as well try it. Any tips?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For computer challenges it's a fucking grind. To get it over quickly, put the clock acceleration on the lowest setting (like 10 seconds or something so it chews it all the way down) and keep running short run plays. Do whatever you want on defence (I run zone constantly because I see what's happening more and nothing big will go past me but some do punt block man but it's never worked for me).

Against real people, mix it up a lot and pray the dickheads aren't using the cheesy as fuck aggressive catch (not sure if it's still in play here but in 16 it was mental) or nano blitzes (although if you know it's coming you can get huge plays off).

In terms of the market it's much like FUT obviously. I haven't played it in a while so don't know what giveaways/promos they do but in MUT they do a fucking shit load. Some are clear attempts by EA to grab money but some are great even for F2P guys.

Coin ups are good on Madden as you just need to play two games each week and you get to bet (for free) on the winner of a selected match and one of 4 outcomes (I remember winning like 100k one weekend because of a defensive TD). It's advisable not to do many sets right now because the market will be fucking shit, it's probably for the best not to do any of the quick sell sets throughout the year but I'm a bit addicted to them.

Muthead is good for checking prices of things as well and there are a shit ton of videos helping with offensive and defensive strategies. Mutrank is good for giving a complete breakdown on the best players for each position by adding up the total of all the relevant stats too.

With the offence you can be pretty loose I feel but with the defence you should choose either a 4-3 or 3-4 defence and stick to it. Get a playbook you like based on that system (Google will help if you don't know which teams run which system). Also in MUT it's advisable to user a MLB (a quick one) as you can get a lot of cheap picks if you do it well and you will have a greater impact on the game. Running someone on the defensive line, whilst it's nice to pick up sacks, there isn't a huge drop off from a great user to the AI. I personally became a fan of usering a safety last year as I had Woodson and then later Reed who were both fucking insane.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got the Gronk for completing a challenge at the back end of Madden 16, also got a free all-pro pack for all the loyalty vouchers I had and I bought one launch pack bundle.

Lucked out in getting Le'veon Bell which sold for just under 60k and then bought some cheap Ravens to flesh out my squad.

I'll be usering Mosley. 6 foot 2, quick and can jump = win at MLB.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more thing about the market.

Sell now, buy later.

If you think FUT is bad for copies of players just wait until you see MUT. RG3 for instance started with a 77 overall rated card last year, he didn't play once but ended the year with a 97. Thanks to the combine, flashbacks and movers programs.

Von Miller already has 4 versions although one is a starter that can't be sold, as well as a limited challenge version.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand how any of it works as I've not even played FUT. I'm going to be totally new to the whole thing.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I was sure that you had. Apologies.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course my Madden isn't coming until Saturday. Guess I picked the wrong delivery option. Fuck sake.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just downloaded the Madden 17 demo, I know in the description box it said it was a timed demo but at least give me long enough to type my EA password in before the timer runs out and says thanks for playing click here to buy the full game ....

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I put in my pre-order code and it came up as redeemed but didn't download and I don't seem to have got any benefit from it. It needs to be redeemed properly within 2 days so does anyone have any ideas?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start a MUT team, go through all the introduction bollocks and 1 (they give you the packs over a number of weeks) will be waiting for you in 'My Packs'.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It mentioned something about the pre-order but fairly sure it said something along the lines of "This is in the process of being added to your account" and I didn't actually get anything? I'm not sure. What am I meant to get? It mentions "9 ranked tickets" but I have no idea what those are. I have 19 tickets so maybe I did get them? I did get a pack with a fair few players in, and some coaches/playbooks, so maybe it was that and the tickets?

Anyway I played through the first 8 challenges (Panthers and Broncos ones) and my team is now:

QB- Mannion- 58
    RB- Crowell- 68
    WRs- Hopkins- 77, Quick- 72 and Hankerson- 69

My Full back is 71, OL is 71, 70, 59, 57 and 69 and my TE is 65 (Bohanon, whoever that is).

On defense my good players are Watt (78), M.Peters (77) and K. Neal (75)

Any tips on people I should look to buy/sell or whatever.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you got your bonus and you'll get more packs each week.

This is my bible:

http://www.mutrank.com/

Can easily find the best type of player for you and for the price.

Best thing to do now is to try and limit the coins you spend for at least a couple of weeks (although until just after the season starts would be best) as better cards will be released which drives down the price of everything else.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought the starter pack for 50 coins which promised 1 gold player and got 3- Ted Ginn, J.Pugh and Z.Kerr. Pugh is my best player.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ginn

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got the Pro Baldwin you have. I also went to the auctions to buy myself a QB as I've never even heard of Mannion and he was so shit. I bought Flynn (still fairly shit but a 10 point upgrade) and the cost of buying him was instantly replenished because he upgraded my team and unlocked an achievement, so I guess it's ok. I since got the "still shit but not quite as bad as Mannion" D.Thompson and S.Hill in packs, so guess I could sell Flynn if I wanted to, but I'll run with him for now.

WR core of Baldwin, Hopkins and Ginn is

Edit- What do the items in the Item Binder do? "Add to set" confuses me....

Also what's all this stuff about "Contracts".

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items in the item binder are all your players, jerseys, playbooks, etc etc. Max is 1200 which doesn't seem like much now but in 2 months you'll have so much in your binder.

The add to set thing are collectibles and players who can be added to sets to unlock various things. Go to the set menu and you can see what is required to complete a set and the rewards you can get. Only add stuff when you can complete a set or add shit that you're never going to use or sell.

Also, try to keep hold of any gold players. In a good few months they will add positional heroes sets. To do those sets you'll need X amount from a position, some of those will be a fairly rare gold or rare low level elite who will see a price increase of a shit load.

There were some golds that were going for a few thousand last year pre-positional sets. I was able to sell some of those for a hundred thousand or so.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what happens if a player runs out of games on his contract? Do I lose him? And will the game alert me and let me offer him more? I have loads saved up but not sure when to use them. I'm also not sure what constitutes a "game". Surely these short challenges don't? Is it just games Vs other people?

Also, will there be more "objectives" later?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I forgot about the contracts thing.

Everything counts against contracts, even those little challenges. When you run out of contracts you just need to add more, if you don't have any you'll just have to bench them but contracts can be bought for a small amount of coins.

Yes, objectives are usually once a week or so.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sold Flynn and made a small profit, so I've essentially spent no coins at all now.

Saving for the night as I have a fantasy draft in half an hour. Team has improved a fair bit though:

QB: Winston (78)
    WRs- Baldwin (85), Hopkins (77), Ginn (74)
    RB- Crowell (68)
    TE- Daniels (77)
    OL- 70, 83 (Pugh), 67, 71 and 69.

Defense isn't much improved though:
    FS- 70
    RE- 63
    MLB- 61
    MLB- 69
    SS- 75 (Neal)
    CB- 77 (Peters), 69 and 63
    RE- 78 (Watt)
    DT- 72 (Kerr) and 69
    LE- 67

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that 67 LE is DaQuan Jones you're fine there. He's the 16th best 3-4 LE in the game right now.

Although there are options who are better than him for the same price. It's because most players use a 4-3 which means there are a lot of awesome budget options for 3-4 players who can't play in a 4-3 system.

At the moment I'm just using as many Ravens defenders as possible (Jernigan, Kaufusi, Williams, Correa, Mosley (although he's one of the best MLB's to user), Za'Darius Smith, Webb and Tavon Young) but I'll soon be piling in with the budget monsters.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to assemble a much more complete squad:

The second MLB is Deone Buchanon.

Yet to play a game with them but on paper it looks awesome, easily the best I was able to assemble with the coins I had.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only do career/franchise modes with sport games so this has improved a little as there's an option to just play big moments, like a Redzone mode that cuts in to let you play third downs, drills and redzone chances. Playing full seasons on full length was a slog before, particularly when you've got the game won by the fourth quarter.

The commentary is so much better already, and I've only played two games. Seems more natural.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that moments thing is great and works really well.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this years game better than last year?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume it's not a good idea to spend 35,000 on one of those limited edition pack things?

I'm currently doing the "Full season" challenges to unlock players I wanted. Did the first 4 Chiefs matches to get C.West as my new RB. Was tempting to carry on to get Fisher but will likely earn to LBs first.

Wish there were more objectives already, I liked those.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re: commentary, I noticed it downloading some kind of update but it looks like they're going to keep doing that as they're adding in the commentators referencing Kaepernick's anthem protest. This is the most impressed I've been with EA's efforts since the PS2 version read the system clock and the comms wished you Merry Christmas.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've got the limited edition Von Miller that I can only use in 10 games but I stupidly did "Best Line Up" and it put him in for a throw away challenge. Piss take if that counts. I can't even remember who played there though. Is there a way to do "Best line up" but exclude him?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, you'd have to replace him manually and yes the throwaway challenge will count.

He's not that good anyway tbh.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not that fussed about him but don't want to waste him on easy challenges. Where I I see how many games he has left? I want to make sure it was just the one I wasted.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a rare puzzle piece from solos that goes for 36k (just under 33k after tax)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    I'm not that fussed about him but don't want to waste him on easy challenges. Where I I see how many games he has left? I want to make sure it was just the one I wasted.
    By how many contracts he has. Just tap X (xbox equivalent) on his name hit R1 and it should be listed how many he has left.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to add Justin Houston to my team with him playing out of position at ROLB.

I've also finally beaten all the MUT puzzle solos having tried the last, All-Madden one about 10 times. 91 Josh Norman for 20 games

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like the contract system is such a scam. 2000 coins for 100 contracts which is what, 4 games for all players? How do you avoid wasting all your coins on them? The 25 packs I earn now and then are basically fuck all.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now it might seem like a bit of a shit deal but it will be fine when the season comes into play.

There will be more solos, more challenges which give coins and/or contracts, you'll get more free packs with contracts in them etc etc. They also do a few double coins for H2H matches (the only real time I play them) and half price contract weekends during the season.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm fair enough. Hopefully it'll get better then.

Update on my line up:
    QB- Winston (78)
    RB- West (72)
    FB- D.Johnson (71)
    WRs- Baldwin (85), Hopkins (77) and Ginn (74)
    OL- Fisher (73), Pugh (83), Person (67), Ifedi (71) and Stingly (69)
    TE- Daniels (77) also have Watson (76)

Defense:
    FS- Wright (70)
    ROLB- P.Smith (72)
    MLB- Minter (72) and P.Brown (72)
    LOLB- Klein (69)
    SS- Neal (75)
    CBs- Peters (77), Alexander (70) and Harris (69)
    RE- Watt (78)
    LE- Paea (73)
    DT- Marks (76) and Kerr (72)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are some players "Not auctionable" despite not being in the line up? I really want to get rid of some crap but certain players it won't me. I've even put them in the line up just so I can use the "Remove from lineup" option, but nope... can't be sold or traded? Nothing special about them either, one if fucking Leonard Hankerson...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got them from special packs or something similar, if you don't need them add them to a set (if they can be added) or discard it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough, I added them to sets.

Any advice on what I should look to buy. I bought myself a new C as there seemingly aren't any available through challenges until late on so I have an 81 there now. Going to unlock Eli Apple through challenges when I play tomorrow to strengthen that 3rd CB slot too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd buy Shazier when you can and learn to user him on defence. It gets a lot easier if you can get skilled at that. You can produce so many more interceptions.