User Tag List

Page 62 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,100 of 11872

Thread: U.S. Presidential Election 2016 (Sponsored by Betty Croker's Hamburger Helper)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That map still has Nevada as 50/50, leaning slightly Republican, but based on early polling numbers there it's nearly impossible at this point for it not to go Democrat, and if Nevada goes Democrat (and so heavily), then that changes all the other state predictions as well, esp Florida, Arizona, etc. So whatever the real likelihood of Trump victory, it's way lower than the 35% he has in that 538 graphic

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If 538 have it right, then it looks like the critical states are going to be Nevada and New Hampshire. If Clinton gets one of them she should bring it home, with the latter being more likely.

Also, there's going to be a public transport strike in Philadelphia on election day. It's like some kind of fictional country, seriously.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mokbull View Post
    That map still has Nevada as 50/50, leaning slightly Republican, but based on early polling numbers there it's nearly impossible at this point for it not to go Democrat, and if Nevada goes Democrat (and so heavily), then that changes all the other state predictions as well, esp Florida, Arizona, etc. So whatever the real likelihood of Trump victory, it's way lower than the 35% he has in that 538 graphic
    Early voting has been good for Clinton, and they flipped Nevada back to very marginally blue in the last hour or so.

I'm a bit of a pessimist though, so I'm hedging my bets. If Trump loses Florida though, it's game over there and then. If multiple states wind up being close, I wonder if it could end up being days until we know the winner.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalAussie View Post
    Also, there's going to be a public transport strike in Philadelphia on election day. It's like some kind of fictional country, seriously.
    This has been called off.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good. Because that's just nuts.

That said, any country that doesn't have elections on a Saturday is basically running a shambolic early draft of democracy.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm debating whether I'm going to attempt to watch any of this at fuck knows o'clock. The answer is probably no. Hillary will win very easily.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes, I can just imagine in the History books, the Donald Trump election will be referred to as "Brexit Plus Plus Plus"

P.S. Why is he still saying bigly like it's a word?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riggedly bigly.

This could be a useful link tomorrow:

http://votecastr.us/

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bigly (which my autocorrect changes to bigot, just saying)

Sounds like a mascot, although I'm not sure you could have a mascot for Trump, anything you came up with would be more believably human than he is.

leedsrevolution
    I think Trump will win. I'm not political expert or owt, just a hunch. Got a fiver on it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He really won't. He can't. Can he?

Nah, fuck it. He won't.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought he was meant to be saying 'big league' rather than bigly? Still not exactly the height of statesmanlike verbosity.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, it's definitely bigly.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still hope he does.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather see Trump in. If the system is fucked, Trump getting elected gives a better chance of the system changing. I feel like there's something more sinister with Hillary's systematic lying, as opposed to Trump's off-the-cuff lunacies. Plus, if things are fucked either way, Trump as President would be a lot funnier.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Zizek bloke has come out saying he wants Trump to win as it'll trigger a hard reset for a lot of American politics in general. I'm not buying it though and I don't think it'll be worth the risk.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This American Life had quite a good section on Minnesota and its Somali immigrants last week.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Trump gets in will we see Americans get even more openly racist and knocking the shit out of foreigns in the streets like has happened in the UK? It'll be the greatest TV show of all time if it does.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While Trump is a deplorable individual, I quite honestly think that Clinton is the anti-Christ.

Good luck, us.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Hitchens
    As for Mrs. Clinton, as for all she’s done for us, and after all she’s suffered on our behalf, she feels she’s owed the presidency and who could possibly disagree? Her life is meaningless if she doesn’t get at least a shot and one can only sympathize. Unless you think, as I do, that people should be distrusted, who are running for therapeutic reasons.

I wonder if the CLINTON CRIME FAMILY had him killed.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QE Douglas Murray on the US media secretly loving the Trump - Hilary shitfest:

For the networks and media, the increasing polarisation and void are desirable: a necessary part of business. The worse the better. These bosses have encouraged the transformation of politics into WWF wrestling: a fake 'sport' in which participants and observers seem complicit - except some poor saps mistake it for real life.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    QE Douglas Murray on the US media secretly loving the Trump - Hilary shitfest:

It makes you wonder...maybe those Jewish media elites really just do want to destroy Christianity / White nations...because if that was there aim they sure as heck are doing a great job of it...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    If Trump gets in will we see Americans get even more openly racist and knocking the shit out of foreigns in the streets like has happened in the UK? It'll be the greatest TV show of all time if it does.
    I don't think Trump is racist, in fact I think by explicitly stating that America is a single unified nation of people (rather than the Democrat identity politics approach), he would do a lot in calming racial tensions in the country.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    He really won't. He can't. Can he?

Nah, fuck it. He won't.
    It's got a 1 out of 3 shot, to put that into perspective Romney had a 1 in 10 shot statistically.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    It's got a 1 out of 3 shot, to put that into perspective Romney had a 1 in 10 shot statistically.
    Romney didn't get in though, so I fail to see what your point is.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Romney didn't get in though, so I fail to see what your point is.
    That it could happen.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will you be a defence lawyer or prosecution?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Jewish Media Elites"

Not even bothering with dog whistles anymore.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That it could happen.
    Of course it could happen. Using Romney, who didn't in practice get in, as in example for that is a bit silly though, isn't it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best part of this ending is that mert will finally be able to reveal what none of us has managed to figure out yet which is that he has been trolling all along and he will be able to go back to talking about sloots and cucks and those other things he like.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    Will you be a defence lawyer or prosecution?
    I'll be defending evil corporations with money (usually against other evil corporations so it's not that bad).

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    "Jewish Media Elites"

Not even bothering with dog whistles anymore.
    My girlfriend is Jewish, many of my close friends are Jewish, I have no issues with Jewish people, I support Israel and above all I don't believe there is any sort of mass concerted conspiracy among the Jewish people to undermine Western Civilization.

But the results of decades of the promotion of progressive ideology is alarming, America (and Europe) is imploding, racial tensions and political polarization is unparalleled in our history, etc. If there were evil shadowy figures in the background who were trying to destroy the West, they are succeeding fantastically. It's probably just this:

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alan Moore, the voice of reason. Oh no hang on, that's Alan Moore who worships a Roman snake god that he made up himself (or something).

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Racial tensions and polarization are unparalleled precisely because of people like Mert. The types who will go to incredible lengths to stay loyal to ideologues and uneducated, ignorant demagogues, no matter what they say or do, just because they want to feel "part" of something, attached to some goal or concrete plan, no matter what it entails or how wrong it is. The only people I've met who support Trump are the rural, uneducated working-class, for whom Trump might legitimately be the better candidate, and fairly intelligent upper-middle class to wealthy people with an incredible lack of self esteem and a vendetta against certain types of people and certain types of thought, in general quite angry at the world and looking to express themselves as uniquely insightful individuals through faux-intellectual justifications they claim as truth. There is so much hatred and disdain for others coming out of these peoples mouths it really is scary. I've never met someone who is actually sympathetic towards the rest of humanity, and who understands issues in a global and historical context, that is voting for Trump.

That's the real tragedy of this election. He won't win tomorrow, but he'll have made so many people bitter and hateful.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mokbull View Post
    Racial tensions and polarization are unparalleled precisely because of people like Mert. The types who will go to incredible lengths to stay loyal to ideologues and uneducated, ignorant demagogues, no matter what they say or do, just because they want to feel "part" of something, attached to some goal or concrete plan, no matter what it entails or how wrong it is. The only people I've met who support Trump are the rural, uneducated working-class, for whom Trump might legitimately be the better candidate, and fairly intelligent upper-middle class to wealthy people with an incredible lack of self esteem and a vendetta against certain types of people and certain types of thought, in general quite angry at the world and looking to express themselves as uniquely insightful individuals through faux-intellectual justifications they claim as truth. There is so much hatred and disdain for others coming out of these peoples mouths it really is scary. I've never met someone who is actually sympathetic towards the rest of humanity, and who understands issues in a global and historical context, that is voting for Trump.

That's the real tragedy of this election. He won't win tomorrow, but he'll have made so many people bitter and hateful.
    Lol change Mert with Mokbul, Trump with Clinton, rural for urban and it's the same thing. You are detached from reality or any semblance of objectivity.

And lest we forget, Trump voters are more educated and have higher median income than Clinton supporters.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What were everyone's favorite moments? Christie donning Rubio is probably mine.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Hillary' chimping out at a black girl was good too.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re Mert above, there was a good quote I saw earlier, which is actually by Ken Clarke about Brexit but just as well applies to Trump and his voters I think:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christie's remorseful stare at that Trump rally. I was just waiting for him to blink twice into the camera.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Because you'd be in jail" retort was a classic.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was no highlights for me because it's all incredibly saddening.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My supervisor voted last week and apparently he didn't even get ID'd to get his ballot.

I might pop along and try my luck.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    What were everyone's favorite moments? Christie donning Rubio is probably mine.
    That was good. I also liked all of those times 'The Donald' was DESTROYED by bloggers and comedians and he had to quit the race.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Because you'd be in jail" retort was a classic.
    Oh yes, that one was great too.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeb (!) probably still has nightmares of the Donald donning him senseless.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    My supervisor voted last week and apparently he didn't even get ID'd to get his ballot.

I might pop along and try my luck.
    When I voted in NC they asked me for my address, I gave a wrong one, asked if I had ID, I said yes, they never checked it. Democrats gunna Democrat.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And lest we forget, Trump voters are more educated and have higher median income than Clinton supporters.
    I think those numbers flipped over in the back end of the campaign. Certainly there was a stage where it looked like he might be the first Republican candidate in ages to lose college-educated white voters. He steadied the ship, obviously, but it's not so clear cut. He's still doing worse with that demographic than either Romney or McCain did. He's really ring-fenced non-college-educated white voters in a way that none of his predecessors pulled off.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalAussie View Post
    I think those numbers flipped over in the back end of the campaign. Certainly there was a stage where it looked like he might be the first Republican candidate in ages to lose college-educated white voters. He steadied the ship, obviously, but it's not so clear cut. He's still doing worse with that demographic than either Romney or McCain did. He's really ring-fenced non-college-educated white voters in a way that none of his predecessors pulled off.
    Ya, also I was relying mostly on articles relating to the primary:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...=story-twitter

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I'm debating whether I'm going to attempt to watch any of this at fuck knows o'clock. The answer is probably no. Hillary will win very easily.
    I watched David Cameron resign on my computer at one in the morning. There's something to be said for other countries' politics as entertainment, especially this shitshow.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've booked Wednesday off to stay up all night watching it.