User Tag List

Page 158 of 238 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,900 of 11872

Thread: U.S. Presidential Election 2016 (Sponsored by Betty Croker's Hamburger Helper)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it turns out that we've discovered where the line is in US politics. And it's being a child sex predator. Republicans should probably note that one down.

When they said that gay marriage would lead to public acceptance of paedophilia, I don't think they imagined this being the way that played out.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Republicans don't seem prepared for the fact that because of Trump they will never win another meaningful election again (except for Idaho governor or whatever) for the next 40 years.

I suppose they could try and deny black people the vote.
    They're already doing it, I only skim read it but there was an article the other day about a load of driving licence offices (one of the few types of id used to register voters) being closed, all of which just happened to be in black districts. Coupled with the electoral border-gore that goes on over there it isn't too much of s stretch to see it as a move to disenfranchise certain minorities/communities.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an electoral district in North Carolina:

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank fucking fuck that Moore lost. Seems like we've finally drawn some sort of line.

The gerrymandering in the US is pretty absurd. It seems so obviously corrupt yet everyone pretty much accepts it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure it's too heartening when the line you've drawn is 'Paedophile marginally beaten'. The fact that he had that much support from religious cretins should still be rather worrying. Why is that by the way, is it really just based on abortion? Sets a weird precedent if it's ok to fuck children but binning them off before they're even alive is not even to be considered.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're on the red team you support the red team players no matter what. Same for the other side.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    If you're on the red team you support the red team players no matter what. Same for the other side.
    Did the democrats not force Al Franklin to resign just this past week?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They did. But a Democrat governor will choose his replacement. The question is whether they would have hounded him out if a Republican was set to take his place.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    I'm not sure it's too heartening when the line you've drawn is 'Paedophile marginally beaten'. The fact that he had that much support from religious cretins should still be rather worrying. Why is that by the way, is it really just based on abortion? Sets a weird precedent if it's ok to fuck children but binning them off before they're even alive is not even to be considered.
    It's not heartening, but it's so much better than the alternative, which seemed like a very real possibility.

For background on why the the hardcore God-freaks go in for him, it's because that's his entire selling point.

Roy Moore is a former Alabama state court judge who earned a certain type of notoriety for refusing to remove a wooden plaque of the Ten Commandments from his courtroom that he had installed after taking the bench in 1992. In 2000, Moore was elected as Alabama's chief justice after running a campaign that argued, among other things, that the absence of organized religion in the American justice system "corresponded directly with school violence, homosexuality, and crime." Once there, he promptly commissioned a granite version of his Ten Commandments plaque and had it displayed in the Alabama Supreme Court building. Moore lost several subsequent lawsuits, led by the ACLU and the Southern Poverty Law Center, that sought its removal, and when Moore refused to comply with a federal court order to take the monument out of his courtroom, he was relieved of his position in a disciplinary proceeding before the Alabama Court of the Judiciary.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the religious shite was much worse than the noncing stuff.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...land?CMP=fb_gu

Roy Moore refused to concede the Alabama senate election in a fiery video statement released Wednesday night in which he warned “the heart and soul of our country is at stake”.

“Today, we no longer recognize the universal truth that God is the author of our life and liberty,” the former Republican candidate said. “Abortion, sodomy and materialism have taken the place of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

He added: “Immorality sweeps over our land.”
    Gobshite.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sodomy covers all three of those, iirc.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Push the whole lot into the sea and start again.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what he thinks "liberty" means...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could not be happier with that.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He changed it to say Dicken's Christmas carols not long after as well.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Virginia house is now split 50-50 (previously 49-51R) due to a 1 vote victory for a democrat.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    He changed it to say Dicken's Christmas carols not long after as well.
    So he still didn't get the actual error?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They got their billionaire tax cut through. Now watch them go after Medicare and Social Security since they can't afford to pay for them any more.

This is the biggest outrage since Trump was elected, not any of the other stuff.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems a bit daft to pile a load more debt up when their economy is in otherwise good condition, but I read that eighty per cent of people will receive a decent tax cut out of it, so there must be a lot of billionaires.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost half of Americans don't pay income tax, so it makes no difference to them. The standard deduction was doubled, so people who do pay taxes and use the standard deduction (which I guess is most people on a salary, since most probably don't want to/can't deal with itemized deductions) will be getting some sort of break. The break does benefit corporations and wealthy people the most, which is not bad in and on itself.

The main issue is that, from what I've read, the new tax code doesn't really achieve anything good. It simplifies certain parts but adds complexities to others. I don't think anyone believes it will spur any growth either (definitely not enough to offset the decrease in revenue.) So it is just adding to the deficit for the sake of giving people FREE MONIES. The true scare comes from the fact that many believe that cuts on social programs will follow, since we need to 'balance the budget.' In the end I guess it will all come down to who does well in the upcoming elections. If the Republicans continue to run riot, cuts are sure to follow. If the Democrats do well, then taxes might end up going right back up.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The state/federal deductions stuff sounds lol insofar as it poses places like California problems.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, there is definitely some State-level trolling going on. Tribal politics at its finest.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    It seems a bit daft to pile a load more debt up when their economy is in otherwise good condition, but I read that eighty per cent of people will receive a decent tax cut out of it, so there must be a lot of billionaires.
    Most people will get a small cut for a few years, and then will see increases. Billionaires and corporations get a much larger and permanent cut.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    Almost half of Americans don't pay income tax, so it makes no difference to them. The standard deduction was doubled, so people who do pay taxes and use the standard deduction (which I guess is most people on a salary, since most probably don't want to/can't deal with itemized deductions) will be getting some sort of break. The break does benefit corporations and wealthy people the most, which is not bad in and on itself.

The main issue is that, from what I've read, the new tax code doesn't really achieve anything good. It simplifies certain parts but adds complexities to others. I don't think anyone believes it will spur any growth either (definitely not enough to offset the decrease in revenue.) So it is just adding to the deficit for the sake of giving people FREE MONIES. The true scare comes from the fact that many believe that cuts on social programs will follow, since we need to 'balance the budget.' In the end I guess it will all come down to who does well in the upcoming elections. If the Republicans continue to run riot, cuts are sure to follow. If the Democrats do well, then taxes might end up going right back up.
    FREE MONIES to spend on all those American made goods.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bill is both the largest tax increase and tax cut in US history. It is a tax increase on the upper middle class and lower wage earning rich to fund a small temporary tax cut for middle income and a large permanent tax cut for non wage earnering wealthy and companies.

Most middle class people will get $100-$200 more take home pay till 2027 when their taxes go up. I’m sure Republicans think those will get made permanent and it is just an accounting gimmick to make the deficit impacts look better. However, repealing the ACA mandate drops a massive hole in health insurance company profits as 30 million relatively healthy people decide not to pay $600 -1.5k a month for insurance. Premiums will go up for corporate plans because most people have plans that cost $600-800 with an employee contribution of $150 - $300. Those are the easiest to hike because companies don’t care how much they pay for those plans. People will eat the increase because dropping off your company plan is so much worse.

Professional families in places like California and New York earning 150-300k are all getting a tax hike. They all itemize state taxes, mortgages, college funds, and who knows what else. So this is a big blue state to red state transfer.

R’s are going to be selling a whole “look at all the new companies” nonsense. But is all going to be Kansas, which has the highest rate of new companies and one of the lowest of new jobs as upper middle class people who can swing it become llc’s.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty amazing the Dems will be able to run on tax cuts for the middle class and decreasing the deficit in 2020, just by promising to repeal this bill.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What R’s are doing has worked for them fairly well in the past in the late 80’s and Bush’s second term. They just say “ohhh, scary - D’s want to add so much spending and they will have to push your taxes up.” They may be going to the well one time too many because nobody seems to buy it anymore.

D’s always fall into the utter bad faith sucker’s bet that anyone cares about the deficit. Really, they should just run on a post-it that says:

New Health Care Bill
    Section 1: Everyone can sign up for Medicare if the want to.
    Section 2: Cost? Lol.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...erry-christmas

Now that is some 3D chess from Trump.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Redditor jokingly predicts Trump will claim credit for airline safety record, hours later he does just that...

https://np.reddit.com/r/worldnews/co...hs_in/ds2lxld/

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Threatens to nuke a country, goes away for quarter of an hour, and then comes back to post about some lol awards he has made up. Seriously, who is still not finding this hilarious?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like looking into the abyss. The only positive I have is that if they ever antagonised him over here, he'd get confused and end up nuking Stockholm off the map instead.

I think he has a genuine brain disease.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're about a year behind the curve on that. He's senile.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I blocked him on twitter ages back (since the no mark journalists I follow always love retweeting him as if no one will have seen Trump's tweets). Makes life a lot more peaceful and sane.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    You're about a year behind the curve on that. He's senile.
    Mans needs two hands to drink a glass of water. It's a lot worse than senility.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His hands are too big and powerful to casually pick glass up like we would.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just think he's a latent, flamboyant homosexual.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's that got to do with him being a thick, mental liar?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you seen Shindigs opinions on trans people?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have. It was me who called him out last time, I'm sure. Always good to have someone clarify what they think the connection is when they spout some bonkers non sequitur though.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I have. It was me who called him out last time, I'm sure. Always good to have someone clarify what they think the connection is when they spout some bonkers non sequitur though.
    'Gamers' definitely dont have an issue with them though. And any issues they may have with them can be filed under 'ethics in game journalism'.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Have you seen Shindigs opinions on trans people?
    I don't think I have. What is it?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The search function is so bad on VB the best suggestion I can make is for Brianna Wu or something. John may be able to direct you better.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno. Something about them taking the commitment a bit too young or rushing into it. I realise it's a lot more nuanced a debate but I'm sure John has the post bookmarked. Trump strikes me as an amazingly camp father-of-four.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't you call transsexual people mentally ill?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post

Threatens to nuke a country, goes away for quarter of an hour, and then comes back to post about some lol awards he has made up. Seriously, who is still not finding this hilarious?
    Seriously? Imagine having Russel Brand as PM. Any penchant for a funny line is ruined by wondering whether or not he’s pissed on your couch. Trump hasn’t mentally deteriorated. He has been this way since the 80’s. He just sounds insane because virtually everything he says is a lie of convenience. If you don’t want to believe the lie it eventually becomes jarring. We just were able to ignore it when it was about countertops and crown molding.

I’m completely dreading the Bannon / Trump Civil War now that it has arrived.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Russell Brand is nowhere near as funny as him.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selection was about someone “funny” by being annoying.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm confident I'll never be wondering if Russell Brand has pissed my couch, PM or not.