User Tag List

Page 129 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,450 of 11872

Thread: U.S. Presidential Election 2016 (Sponsored by Betty Croker's Hamburger Helper)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are now stories that Trump asked Comey to stop the FBI investigation into Flynn. One of the clauses in the Nixon impeachment was specifically related to interfering, or attempting to interfere, in investigations undertaken by the DOJ, FBI, and others. In addition, Comey has apparently written detailed memos of all conversations and calls with Trump. The written records of FBI agents are routinely held up in court as sound evidence, because America.

Now, this raises some interesting questions. The first is that this could well be the first solid 'evidence' of Trump moving into potentially 'not legal' territory. The second is why Comey didn't resign if Trump was indeed attempting to interfere in the process.

Scenes.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sticking with my 'impeached by the end of the year' shout.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “While the President has repeatedly expressed his view that General Flynn is a decent man who served and protected our country, the President has never asked Mr. Comey or anyone else to end any investigation, including any investigation involving General Flynn,” the White House statement said.

“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go,” Trump told Comey, according to Comey’s record of the meeting, as reported by the Times. “He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”
    Mr. Trump explained the firing by citing Mr. Comey’s handling of the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server.

Trump fired Comey last week, in a move the president said was tied to the Russia inquiry. “And in fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said: ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story,’” Trump told NBC News.
    They just lie. There's not even an attempt to keep their stories straight. It's like they think we're totally fine with blatant, obvious, undeniable lies.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many seem to be fine with it, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I'm sticking with my 'impeached by the end of the year' shout.
    I should modify this. If there isn't at least a concerted attempt, then the Democrats and sensible Republicans lose any moral authority they have over the Donald.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Jimmy, how would that be the Democrats fault?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Democrats and sensible Republicans', which combined form a majority in both houses and presumably, in spirit, on the Supreme Court.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Democrats and sensible Republicans', which combined form a majority in both houses and presumably, in spirit, on the Supreme Court.
    Two thirds of the house would require all 193 Democrats and just under half of sitting Republicans, who are more unpopular than the orange hamburgler in charge. It ain't happening.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, it's all about polling. If Donald appears to be a serious liability ahead of 2018 and 2020 the GOP will act, otherwise they will just circle around with uneasy comments or Paul Ryans "I don't know what he tweeted".

Lindsay Graham is the one who looks most likely to jump ship and lead a call for impeachment, he's been baiting Trump all week.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Two thirds of the house would require all 193 Democrats and just under half of sitting Republicans, who are more unpopular than the orange hamburgler in charge. It ain't happening.
    That may be so, but they have a PATRIOTIC DUTY SIR to do it anyway.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congress has an approval rating of 10%, and has for a very long time. It's going to take a hell of a lot (Trump coming down to that level) to make them any more unpopular and to want to move against him.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That may be so, but they have a PATRIOTIC DUTY SIR to do it anyway.
    If the Republicans were more interested in being patriots for their nation than their party, Trump would never have happened.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, apparently Trump also asked Comey to consider imprisoning members of the press.

And for what it's worth, 48% of the public now want to see him impeached, versus 41% who don't.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Congress banded together and fucked Trump their approval rating would jump about fifty points on the spot. Their low approval rating might actually be the biggest reason that they would do it.

Some Kurds were apparently battered outside the Turkish embassy last night by elements of Erdogan's security detail while Trump had his arm round the man himself.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Republicans are still getting the kind of legislation they like passed under Trump. There is no need for them to get rid of him.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post
    Honestly, it's all about polling. If Donald appears to be a serious liability ahead of 2018 and 2020 the GOP will act, otherwise they will just circle around with uneasy comments or Paul Ryans "I don't know what he tweeted".

Lindsay Graham is the one who looks most likely to jump ship and lead a call for impeachment, he's been baiting Trump all week.
    Lindsay Graham could presumably be bought off by declaring war on the Moon.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    Republicans are still getting the kind of legislation they like passed under Trump. There is no need for them to get rid of him.
    They would under President Pence as well. Trump will be let go when he starts to really hurt their re-election chances.

Still, it's 23 dem seats and 5 GOP seats up for the senate in 2018, so they might not have to react before that. Keeping him around so that he has an effect on 2020 would be madness though.

But I guess they could always re-draw the maps a bit more.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't THE POLLS showing that Trump supporters are quite happy with his job so far? He'll don 'Chelsea' or any other daft choice the Democrats choose to pit him against.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    42% job approval from self-proclaimed Trump-supporters just before this past week. That's genuinely awful numbers.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They reckon his lowest is 38% so he's got a bit to do yet.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John McCain, who must be 100 by now, is going to be one of very few who come out of this looking well.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He comes out looking good because he's a fucking asshole.

He pretends to be a 'maverick' while following exactly what everyone else is doing. It's easy to say the right thing, much harder to do it. Fuck John McCain.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's probably some of that, but you have to give him credit for being decisively and loudly against Trump throughout all of this.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While voting for literally everything that Trump has wanted to do from one of the safest seats in the fucking world. What a brave, brave man. At least Lindsey Graham acknowledges that he's a giant asshole.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roger Ailes, after running out of young female blood to feed on after his firing from Fox, has died.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Councel.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mert didn't even touch this thread in his most recent visit.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah he was just posting with efficiency

Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    Fukin lol at this stage. What a pathetic excuse for a country.
    edit: and by the way, as if by magic, McCains spokesperson has come out and walked back those comments he made. I'm shocked.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump used his speech to a graduating class at the coast guard academy to whine about how he's being treated.

"No politician in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly."

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has prompted the JFK WAS LITERALLY SHOT IN FACE shit which is annoying.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even want to check how many people have tweeted him a picture of Nelson Mandela, but I suspect it will be in the millions.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Politico article about the connection between James Comey and Robert Mueller reads like a political thriller.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...ler-fbi-215154

It is as if, after having an unrelated disagreement over movie trivia in a bar, Trump has challenged Usain Bolt to a 100-yard dash or John Cena to a cage match to the death.
    Yet even amid the stress of that time, Comey didn’t hesitate to force the issue of STELLAR WIND, standing up to the vice president. During one White House meeting, Comey said he couldn’t find a legal basis for the program.

“Others see it differently,” a scowling Cheney replied.

“The analysis is flawed—in fact, fatally flawed. No lawyer reading that could reasonably rely on it,” Comey said, his hand sweeping across the table dismissively.

Cheney’s counsel, the famously aggressive David Addington, standing in the back of the room, spoke up: “Well, I’m a lawyer,” he snapped, “and I did.”

Comey shot back, “No good lawyer.”

The room went silent.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what fantasies they are feeding you all in your local media but most Trump supporters don't care about any of this and there are really no grounds for impeachment here. As the FBI has repeatedly said, there is no evidence of collusion. Democrats are just trying to deligitimize his presidency, like they have with every other GOP president in living memory. Same old theatre politics maybe exaggerated more than usual because it's 2017 and the SJW tendencies have become even more over the top.

It almost feels like the liberals (and smug European types desperate to reaffirm the correctness of their world view) can't emotionally handle that he's president and so are acting like irrational children, projecting their own wishes into reality. I don't know a single Trump voter who regrets their decision. Nobody I know cares about what the mainstream media says about Trump, they tuned it out a long time ago. They realize the Russia complaints are just the manifestation of Democrats being lol sore losers who don't actually believe in democracy. We won you lost. Let the man govern.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump supporters have very little input to the impeachment process, bruv.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump supporters vote. Also there's really no legal case to be made unless new information comes to light of a distinctly different nature than even the most scandalous insinuations currently floating around. The impeachment talk is objectively just stupid and ignorant. Democrat leadership is trying to keep its rank and file in order because it's so delusional.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post
    42% job approval from self-proclaimed Trump-supporters just before this past week. That's genuinely awful numbers.
    Are you retarded. He's at around 80% with Republicans and probably higher with Trump supporters. Stop reading and believing fake news.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His speech on Islam and terrorism was mostly idiotic, but it was only really normal policy, so hopefully the people intent on lolling at every single thing he does will start to question some of the assumptions it was based upon (for example, lumping 'ISIS, Al-Qaida, Hezbollah, Hamas' together as the same thing).

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the fuck is that?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I understand, it's hard to peer through the jokes, it was a symbol of 'pushing the switch to end terrorism'.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonald
    “I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid," Trump told The Daily Signal. “Every other Republican is going to cut, and even if they wouldn’t, they don’t know what to do because they don’t know where the money is. I do.”
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/05/22/p...uts/index.html

Donald Trump budget: $800 billion in Medicaid cuts
    K lad.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7748546.html

Also lol.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite part of the trip has to be the MAGA dumbasses turning into Wahabbists. These people are fucking idiots.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    My favourite part of the trip has to be the MAGA dumbasses turning into Wahabbists. These people are fucking idiots.
    I deleted my prior post so I didn't triple post because this is too perfectly timed.

A Florida man living with fellow neo-Nazis said that he killed his roommates when he converted to Islam and they did not respect his new religion, according to police.

Devon Arthurs also allegedly held two customers and an employee of Tampa’s Green Planet Smoke Shop hostage with a pistol on Friday before surrendering and leading cops to the bodies of his former friends.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was in Israel today attacking Iran for the 'funding, training and equipping of terrorists and militias'. Yes mate, the ones killing ISIS in Iraq with American air support.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    What the fuck is that?
    I assume they're all trying to gain superpowers. The comic book kind. Not nuclear supremacy.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He also said, four times and apropos of nothing, that he absolutely did not give the Russians intel shared by Israel, no way, sir. That was after he remarked, having just landed in Israel from Saudi Arabia, that he'd 'just got back from the Middle East'. The man is dangerously stupid, and it's wonderful.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really struggle to understand how these intelligent American politicians believe the shit that they come out with.

One guys basically just said "The USA will defend democracy around the world, because we believe in democracy, we are democracy". Your fucking president is currently cozying up to the fucking Saudi's... your "democracy" has legalized corruption through lobbying... your redrawing of districts looks like a fucking etch-a-sketch... If that's the best democracy in the world - you can keep it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump's note at Yad Vashem.

It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so deeply sad that someone with that much power can't do better than something you'd put in the wedding guestbook of someone you used to work with.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump's budget seemed ridiculously unbalanced, and it turns out the numbers only add up if you assume over 3% growth for the next decade. Given that the most optimistic projections are at 1.9%, that's a curious choice.

It's astonishing how comfortable they are with just straight-up lying. There's not even a pretence at abashedness.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has this been posted yet?