User Tag List

Page 122 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,100 of 11872

Thread: U.S. Presidential Election 2016 (Sponsored by Betty Croker's Hamburger Helper)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    lol

edit: Is saying North Korea is trying to build a nuclear bomb leaking classified information?
    No, because that's not classified, is it?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The evidence of it will be. The Bin Laden mission was top secret even from the nation that he was staying in. Yet we know he's dead. Should Obama have been empeached for that? Apart from the obvious point that literally anything the president deals with is classified at one point or another, you're ignoring that you'd basically be destroying the press. What congressman will tell a journalist bad shit that's going down if the President of the United States can be deposed for declassifying information?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The evidence of it will be.
    Perhaps, and that hasn't been leaked...

The Bin Laden mission was top secret even from the nation that he was staying in. Yet we know he's dead. Should Obama have been empeached for that?
    We don't have primary sources here, but the basic fact of the mission presumably ceased to be classified after it happened.

Apart from the obvious point that literally anything the president deals with is classified at one point or another, you're ignoring that you'd basically be destroying the press. What congressman will tell a journalist bad shit that's going down if the President of the United States can be deposed for declassifying information?
    I suspect that there's a proper way to "declassify" information that doesn't encompass blurting it out on Twitter for oneupmanship in a power struggle.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you're not angry that he's leaked classified information that doesn't exist (lets remember, this thing never happened), you're angry that he didn't do the required paperwork to declassify information that doesn't exist?

And literally do a very basic google. I'd try 'can president declassify information' and the answer is yes. It's been true at least since Bush leaked that active CIA agents name to the press.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our dotty old racist is the Commander in Chief, which legally makes him the ultimate declassification tool. We did this in the run up to Iraq where Bush was authorizing leaks to win public support. White Al Sharpton doesn't leak classified information; he just can't tell the difference between an intel briefing and a Breitbart story. And he can only get impeached if D's win at the midterms. You need votes not spines.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you're not angry that he's leaked classified information that doesn't exist (lets remember, this thing never happened), you're angry that he didn't do the required paperwork to declassify information that doesn't exist?

And literally do a very basic google. I'd try 'can president declassify information' and the answer is yes. It's been true at least since Bush leaked that active CIA agents name to the press.
    I'm not "angry" at this, I'm pointing out that he's doing it. And it's about intelligence leaks, not stuff that "doesn't exist".

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 'Obama wiretap' doesn't exist, Henry. You seem to be struggling with a few basic concepts here.

P.S. Shoutout to the NYT for constantly referring to it as a "tapp" in quotes during their reporting, passive-aggressively pointing out the leader of the free world can't spell.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's continually giving tacit confirmation to everything that leaks, because every time something does he calls it a leak in an angry tweet.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John, you are absolutely right. It is all bad just not an impeachable offense or likely even illegal. Emoluments are a far stronger case but none of it matters as long as Ryan controls the House.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol at Turkey being one of the countries banned from carrying electronic devices. I wonder what Mert thinks of that.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to hand it to the Republicans. The bare-faced balls of the stuff they pulll is quite impressive.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. The Republicans crossing their own President is a pretty serious outcome. So much for being a great deal-maker. He had a majority - didn't even have to try and "make a deal" with his opposition. He just had to convince his own party that it was good legislation, and couldn't do that.

He should probably have them all on board when it comes to tax breaks, so he'll get some legislation out soon enough, but this is still a pretty major setback.

EDIT: Trump blamed the Democrats for not torpedoing their own legislation.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently when that picture I posted was taken Trump was sitting in the cabin of a truck on the White House driveway, honking the horn and pretending to drive. He later turned up to a meeting wearing a badge that said 'I <3 Trucks'. He's a toddler. He's a six foot toddler at a fair.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're laughing but when the new Volvo Megatruck gets built in Detroit, he'll be getting high praise. I'm still hoping he u-turns on Universal Healthcare. Whenever I go into an NHS building, I see where the money goes and the manpower it takes to barely keep that thing running.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Whenever I go into an NHS building, I see where the money goes and the manpower it takes to barely keep that thing running.
    Less money than the shite they have here cost.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the man who made a big deal about being a dealmaker can't even convince his own party to vote for his legislation. I wonder how long it will take him to get bored of being humiliated at every turn.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was not really his legislation was it? Haven't been following all that closely.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The liberal media elites tell me it's 'his' bill but you know how they can be.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    So the man who made a big deal about being a dealmaker can't even convince his own party to vote for his legislation. I wonder how long it will take him to get bored of being humiliated at every turn.
    He'll just lie and it'll all be fine. In two weeks he'll deny ever having claimed that he'd repeal and replace, in two months he'll claim that the bill was proposed and went to a vote without his knowledge, and in six months he'll deny that a bill was ever drafted.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coal mining coming back.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Department of Energy has banned employees from using the phrase "climate change".

The Chair of the House Science committee insists that "Science" magazine is not an objective publication. He has previously cited Mail on Sunday commentary about similar matters.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah read that earlier, not sure I believe it to be honest. A unnamed source claimed it, whilst the Dept. themselves have come out and said

Quote Originally Posted by DOE spokeswoman Lindsey Geisler
    "No words or phrases have been banned for this office or anyone in the department,”
    FAKE NEWS!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol at Henry getting donned by #FakeNews. Sit down, old man.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be very unlike anyone in this administration to lie.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the first time something about this administration's been misreported, either. When it comes language use and websites.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry lads, turns out Harold was right, I AM a terrorist sympathiser.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say that Trump has absolutely reached the Tyson Zone.

Tyson Zone

The point at which a celebrity's behavior becomes so insane, that there is literally nothing they could do that would any longer shock or surprise you, or indeed any human being.

So named after boxer Mike Tyson, who at one time was the heavyweight boxing champion of world, since which time he has 1) married a semi-famous tv-star at the time, 2) alleged to have abused said wife, 3) divorced, 4) chewed off the ear of another boxer during a match, 5) received a facial tattoo, 6) owns and tends to his pigeon coop, located on the rooftop of a New York apartment building.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That should probably be renamed the 'Sheen Zone'. Three of those six actions are surprising, but that's not a great hit rate and I'd still be surprised if Mike Tyson announced a Presidential campaign. Charlie Sheen could announce his Presidential campaign by base jumping nude off Mount Rushmore and aiming a piss at Abraham Lincoln's mouth during his descent and I'm not sure anyone would be genuinely shocked.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a term coined in a less ridiculous time, obviously.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They couldn't find something more 'shocking' than pigeon fancying to top off that list?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bannon has been removed from the National Security Council.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was only ever on the Security Council because the admin reset to an old Bush first inauguration era org chart out of reflexive everything Obama did is bad.

Ignoring the fact that Obama's org chart virtually mirrored Bush's later chart. After Bush's team created the Department of Homeland Security which changed the entire security structure.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Bannon has been removed from the National Security Council.
    He was always a temporary appointment in an oversight role to ensure that it was properly organized / the individuals involved had the right opinions and perspectives.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't matter what the reason is, he shouldn't have been anywhere near the NSC. It politicises it in a way that's not acceptable. It's rectified now, so let's just hope that particular line isn't crossed again.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was reading a New York Times piece about Trumps budget and had to re-read this sentence a couple of times to make sure I was reading it right

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a new low for projection.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its implication is that all white conservatives in America are inherently racist, so it can almost certainly be ascribed to the same sort of nauseating moral high ground as Continuity Remain and the other anti Trump protestors.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because there are no legitimate reasons to protest Trump, right?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Look at them generalizing. They are all the same.'

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pepe, I don't think you get it. Trump won therefore we must all pledge allegiance to the King until 2020 .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's quite valid when planting your flag on the moral high ground necessitates vilifying the people who disagree with you as racists, xenophobes, or simply too stupid to understand what they were doing.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GS, out of interest, did you think Harold was a racist?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I genuinely couldn't tell you the last time I didn't skip straight through entire pages when his posts were prominent thereon.

I recall some quite distasteful comments on genetics, so you'd have to say yes if my recollection of what his implication was is correct.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mert has stated similar things in the past, (such as Blacks being more predisposed to crime) do you think he's a racist?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not getting into this - they can defend themselves from their accusations, if they wish.

I assume your point is that they're right wing and have said unsavoury things. That's fine isn't it, but it, as usual, involves you spectacularly missing the point.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I was waiting for you to say yes and then point out that the highest (and most influential within this administration as seen by his head of department choices) voting bloc for Trump was merts (white, male, college educated, income over 70k) and proving my point for me. The Republican party is not a working class party so lets stop pretending that this administration is about the 'white working class'. It's not. (outside of maybe Bannon who has his own motives, because he's a racist) It's about appealing to them while fucking them because they are poor and fuck the poor.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile the impact of that broadband privacy bill among merts across the nation has taken him to 49% with white males which is lol. It's the one thing that actually affects them and they're fuming. Breitbart tried to spin it as 'These regulations hold back ISPs from doing what Google and Facebook do' and the whole BTL was them going, 'So tell FB and Google to fuck off'

So gud.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read something about how much the people who voted that through have received from telecommunications companies, and, say what you want about our newspapers, but they would annihilate anybody being that openly bent.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    Its implication is that all white conservatives in America are inherently racist, so it can almost certainly be ascribed to the same sort of nauseating moral high ground as Continuity Remain and the other anti Trump protestors.
    No, it is a recognition that a lot of very successful political operatives in the US reject the notion that you win with logical debate. Instead, you win by activating identity pools. The prevalence of zero sum thinking means various forms of tribalism are the easiest route to triggering identity pool coalitions that will win.

Their bet is that you will read a statement like Phonics posted and react to it less with thought than with some form of identity.