User Tag List

Page 119 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,950 of 11872

Thread: U.S. Presidential Election 2016 (Sponsored by Betty Croker's Hamburger Helper)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalAussie View Post
    How has this become a standard excuse that we're starting to see everywhere?

"Oh, sure. I mean, I only say that sort of thing when I'm with people I trust enough to be totally honest about how I feel. It doesn't mean I actually feel that way. I'm actually least honest about who I am when I'm around people I trust."

Decent people don't sing racist songs, even with people they trust. The whole "locker room" argument is childish tripe.
    I get what you are saying, but between friends, there is certainly a completely different dynamic and context to these things.

I will happily call my (very close) Vietnamese friends 'Gooks' or 'Charlies' - and they often call me disparaging names for foreigners - it our context, it's completely meaningless - yes, it's slightly childish, but it's harmless.

I think the problem arises when it starts becoming a "group" thing - teams or organisations start using certain inappropriate words or phrases (as in this case) - and new people to the group might not understand the context or origin - or some folk may not have the intellectual capacity to understand the true meanings.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Erm ... on point 4 it can be argued American military intervention helped create some of that problem.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Erm ... on point 4 it can be argued American military intervention helped create some of that problem.
    Helped... caused.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    3. Yeah the kid sang a racist song. It's bad. But who among us hasn't said similar things among friends; if anything it shows how much trust / friendship there was between the two.
    4. We aren't actively accepting hordes and hordes of uneducated, sexually and physical violent, military aged men from war torn 3rd world countries.
    3. Me, I haven't said such things amongst friends. Because I'm not a racist, neither amongst friends or amongst anyone else .

4. No "you're" (you're not fucking American, Mert) just accepting hordes and hordes of physically violent Cartel members. Quite admirable really

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to go back to Sweden;

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
    Reality Check: Is Malmo the 'rape capital' of Europe?

The claim: Many young male migrants arrived in Sweden over the past few years, when the country accepted unprecedented numbers of refugees, and there has been a huge rise in sexual crime in Sweden especially in the southern port city of Malmo.

Reality Check verdict: Malmo, along with other urban centres in Sweden, has one of the highest levels of reported rapes in proportion to population in the EU, mainly due to the strictness of Swedish laws and how rape is recorded in the country. The rate of reported rapes in Malmo has not dramatically risen in recent years and has in fact declined from its peak in 2010, before the recent large increases in refugees.

It is not possible to connect crimes to the ethnicity of the perpetrators as such data is not published.

Former UKIP leader Nigel Farage made this claim on LBC radio on Monday 20 February, when he discussed the recent comments by US President Donald Trump about terrorism in Sweden.

Mr Farage said there had been no specific terrorist attacks in Sweden since large numbers of refugees arrived there, but, instead, he claimed Sweden had seen a dramatic rise in sexual crime and its southern port city of Malmo - the third largest city in the country - had become Europe's and possibly the world's "rape capital". So, has there been a big rise in sexual crime in Sweden and have the numbers of rapes increased in Malmo since Sweden took in an unprecedented numbers of refugees?

The first thing to say is that the part of the claim referring to the number of refugees is certainly true.

Sweden has been one of the biggest recipients of refugees in the EU in recent years. According to Eurostat, the agency that collects statistical data from all EU countries, in 2015 Sweden had over 162,000 asylum applications or 1,667 asylum seekers for every 100,000 citizens. A large majority of the 2015 asylum seekers - 114,470 - were male, 45,790 of them between 18 and 34 years of age.

Have there been more sexual offences in Sweden?

"Sexual offences" is a very broad term, which refers to a range of all sex-related crimes in Sweden.

Rape is one of the sexual offences, but other crimes such as paying for sex, sexual harassment, indecent exposure, sexual exploitation, molestation and trafficking are included in the numbers as well.

During 2015, the year in which Sweden took the largest number of asylum seekers, the number of reported sex crimes and rapes actually decreased by 11% and 12% respectively compared with 2014 - 18,100 sex offences were reported to the police, of which 5,920 were classified as rape.

This was preceded by a rise of both sex offences and rapes reported to the police in 2014. The Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention (Bra) says this rise is due to the changes to the legislation in 2013, which made it tougher. Similar increases in the number of reported cases were seen in 2006, after new sex offence legislation came into force in April 2005. Since then, Sweden has recorded every reported case of sexual violence separately.

That means, as Susanne Lekengard from Bra explains, that if a person comes to the police and reports being raped by a partner or husband every day for the past year, the police will record each of these events.

In many other countries these incidents would be recorded just once: one victim, one type of crime and one record. Also, paying for sex became one of the crimes counted in the statistics. Sweden does not publish the ethnicity or national background of perpetrators of any crime, including sexual offences.

What about rape in Malmo?

According to Bra, the number of reported rape cases in proportion to the population in the municipality of Malmo has not seen a sharp increase since the biggest group of refugees arrived.

Reported rapes per 100,000 inhabitants peaked in 2008, 2010 and 2011, and the figures were higher for those pre-refugee influx years than in 2015 and 2016.

In addition, the reported rape figures were not higher in the Malmo municipality, compared with two other major urban municipalities in Sweden: the capital Stockholm and Gothenburg in the west.

It is very hard to compare sex-related offences and rape across the world. Police procedures and legal definitions vary widely around the world, making an international comparison meaningless. The 2012 UN international rape rate comparison showed Sweden to have the highest rate of rape in Europe and the second highest in the world, but the report did not contain data for a total of 63 countries that did not submit any statistics, including, for example, South Africa, where other earlier surveys indicated a very high rape rate.

The most recent Eurostat data for the 28 EU countries also puts Sweden in the top spot.

But the agency warns that comparisons between different countries should be avoided because of differences between their legal and criminal justice systems, recording practices, reporting rates, efficiencies of criminal justice organisations and types of offences included in the categories.

There has also been a public debate in Sweden over the past two decades to raise awareness and encourage women to go to the police if they have been attacked.

This has resulted in a higher report rate than in other countries in Europe.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slow Donald Trump down a bit and he becomes that drunken old man ranting in a bar.
    https://twitter.com/JamesMelville/st...90321713299456

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude Byron be careful, those are facts
    And everyone knows facts rape people, especially anally.
    That's a fact. It's true.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maz, can I stay with you for the Europa league final?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll rape you mate.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only if I pay.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best thing about the American exceptionalism crowd is just how low their opinion of America is.

We are always being brought down by Cuba, North Korea, Iran, and a group of refugees that is roughly equivalent in size to the crowd at a Texas high school football game. Not that great really.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump's appearance at this CPAC thing looks to have been quite lol. He seems to have told the media to come say it to his face, which is wonderful.

He's also maintaining his bizarre dual position on the media. The leakers are a disgrace and must be found, but the press are making up their sources.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is pretty lol. Mate...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He really doesn't have a fucking clue. Genuinely not a sausage.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Maz, can I stay with you for the Europa league final?
    Ya if you bring me a spare ticket, sure.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mitt Romney was on campus yesterday. It was so incredibly shit. Funny what passes as intellectual discourse over here. Not sure what was my favorite between people thanking him for his service and him stating that the four potential 'leaders of the world' are the U S of A (USA! USA!) and their freedomz, China and their authoritarianism, Russia and its 'crony capitalism,' and the Jihad.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He forgot newly liberated Brexit Britain, spearheaded by Empress Theresa May, Queen of Ireland, Huntress of Flanders, and Warden of the Welsh. We don't have anything to compete with freedomz, true, but we do offer the world decent spelling and a balanced diet.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    'Small fries'

The yanks literally can't do anything without submitting a fast food order.
    He forgot newly liberated Brexit Britain, spearheaded by Empress Theresa May, Queen of Ireland, Huntress of Flanders, and Warden of the Welsh. We don't have anything to compete with freedomz, true, but we do offer the world decent spelling and a balanced diet.
    I don't know. It appears you can teach us a thing or two about cocksure cultural superiority. It is quite a feat to let cultural myopia make you worse at fairly basic biology terms than an idiotic, grammatically challenged, American wannabe Nazi.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, don't tell me, have I committed a federal offence? Awfully sorry about that, old chap.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get it. What's mikem on about?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He thinks I'm being racist towards Americans.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean Septics!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He thinks I'm being racist towards Americans.
    Ironically this was one of the few posts where you weren't being particularly disparaging to another country.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only a porridge-swilling, sour-lipped sweaty could think that.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey! I was on your side there (kind of)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump has created a new office named VOICE. Victims Of Immigration Crime Engagement.

I'm not sure covers it.

MartinSAFC
    I'm going to drop this here. TYT, for those who don't know, are a wildly popular, leftist bunch of twats. And this is their true face.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaaaand Martin is back.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who de we think The Donald is going to invade first?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kelly-Anne Conway.

MartinSAFC
    Trump is the anti-war candidate. This narrative that Trump is a war-monger-in-waiting is laughable.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He already won.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't he say he wanted to start 'winning more wars again'?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He did.

MartinSAFC
    This is the modern day Gettysburg address:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    Who de we think The Donald is going to invade first?
    Yemen.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinSAFC View Post
    Trump is the anti-war candidate. This narrative that Trump is a war-monger-in-waiting is laughable.
    Are you on crack?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Trump has created a new office named VOICE. Victims Of Immigration Crime Engagement.

I'm not sure covers it.
    Good. People need to know the human cost of being 'empathetic' towards illegal immigrants.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe they could start one that looks at white collar crime which has a far larger impact?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Maybe they could start one that looks at white collar crime which has a far larger impact?
    You can't avoid white collar crime by deporting citizens. You can avoid ALL illegal immigrant crime if you simply deported them.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't fault that logic.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    You can't avoid white collar crime by deporting citizens. You can avoid ALL illegal immigrant crime if you simply deported them.
    Australia worked out great.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you deport all your criminals, they just end up beating you at sports two hundred years later.

It's a risk, is all I'm saying.

EDIT: Dammit, Shindig.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've thought ahead on this one, American sports are universally awful in order to discourage exactly that.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd welcome an actual World Series, for once.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...09f_story.html

“I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.” - Jeff Sessions, under oath to Sen. Al Franken
    So much smoke.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ever since they let Clapper get away with 'We collect no data on American citizens' perjuring yourself seems easy enough to brush off. It will be funny watching the mental gymnastics being performed from people that spent the last 18 months chanting 'Lock her up' though.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure mental exercises of any kind are their forte.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reagan did it 30 years ago, lads.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lying on tv is one thing, this guy did it under oath did he not?

Did you do a thing?
    No sir.

*turns out to have done a thing more than once*

Seems pretty straightforward. Should be amusing watching the orange goblin trying to fill yet another job, has he actually got any staff yet?