User Tag List

Page 238 of 238 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238
Results 11,851 to 11,872 of 11872

Thread: U.S. Presidential Election 2016 (Sponsored by Betty Croker's Hamburger Helper)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine his method is the same as when I played with the 80+ year old 'big man' president of our cricket club at a golf day once.

*he can barely make contact with the ball, hacks about six shots down the hole and drops a couple by the greenside, then three putts and turns to me*
    'That was a five, wasn't it?'
    'Erm...'
    'I'm pretty sure it was a five.'
    'Yeah, it was a five. Good playing, Bill.'

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Trump now appearing in blackface?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping we'd see him staring directly at an eclipse again.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His hand gestures are even loller in such an informal setting.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can never not call Chick-fil-A chick-a-fil, it's hard wired into my brain somehow.

Watching US news coverage these past few days I can't help but feel the republicans and Trump are going to get buried under a reproductive rights landslide, which they rightly should.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not like the Executive can do much about "reproductive rights." That is the purview of individual states (thank you, Supreme Court) or Congress, if they ever get their act together (lol).

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get that video? What is so unique about their reaction?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    Not like the Executive can do much about "reproductive rights." That is the purview of individual states (thank you, Supreme Court) or Congress, if they ever get their act together (lol).
    Can you not just make a law if you have Congress and the presidency? Which is what will happen, although all the ballot business that ends up putting reproductive rights into various state constitutions as a rider to the judgements in these various cases are quite funny. The reality is that an overtly politicised judiciary is clearly a terrible idea and quite an amusing outcome from a system so wildly obsessed with the separation of powers.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that they would need 60 votes in the Senate (out of 100 members.) Never gonna happen.

Abortions have gone up, not down, since the famous decision. If the Supreme Court wanted to BAN ABORTION, as some claimed, they did a pretty terrible job at it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you even say that restaurant's name? Chick filler or chick fill-ay?

'Some chicken' is a strong order from him.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    How do you even say that restaurant's name? Chick filler or chick fill-ay?

'Some chicken' is a strong order from him.
    Fill-ay. Because yanks. Loads of 'erbs, I imagine.

On the subject of "reproductive rights", I saw something the other day about our tap water being full of Estrogen (along with Cocaine), because of "the pill", which means we're essentially all taking the pill involuntarily and the rivers are now full of fucked up gender bending tranny fish with fannies, balls and attitude problems.

Now, it sounds like bollocks and I'm treating it as such, but if it's true, then oral contraceptive is need to go straight in the bin.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if voters have ever cared about what a specific branch of government can do. It's literally this:

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that they would need 60 votes in the Senate (out of 100 members.) Never gonna happen.

Abortions have gone up, not down, since the famous decision. If the Supreme Court wanted to BAN ABORTION, as some claimed, they did a pretty terrible job at it.
    Is that to make it constitutional? Can they not just pass a Federal law with a basic majority? Always seemed a bit daft to try and frame it as a constitutional issue, but they are obsessed with THE FOUNDERS so hey ho.

And whilst the Dobbs decision etc isn't really changing the numbers, it is having loads of really stupid/bad unintended consequences like that Texas woman or the IVF in Alabama thing which could really do with being ironed out.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.aei.org/op-eds/the-real-...ma-ivf-ruling/

The case had essentially nothing to do with abortion. Three families pursuing IVF sued their clinic after another patient apparently wandered into the facility’s freezers without the staff realizing it and picked up a container of embryos. The extreme cold burned that person’s hand, causing them to drop the container onto the floor, which killed all of the embryos it held. The families contended that this amounted to negligence on the part of the clinic that had led to the wrongful death of their embryos, and brought a civil claim under Alabama’s Wrongful Death of a Minor Act. The law has long been interpreted as applying to events that cause the death of a pregnant woman’s unborn child, regardless of that child’s gestational age. By the same logic, the families insisted, it should also apply to their embryonic children.
    Alabama allowed parents to sue for the death of an unborn child even before the latest decision.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68821646

Somehow she looks even thicker with every passing month.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paywalled: https://www.ft.com/content/75511127-...c-22aed92d1424

But this excerpt is superb:

Unfortunately, her approach worked a bit like this: imagine a bunch of people are stuck in a warm, stuffy room together. Everyone wants the windows to be opened, but they are fastened shut by complicated locks. While people try to work out how the locks operate, one of them, Liz, attempts to throw a chair through the window. The chair bounces off and hits her in the face.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting trend of self-immolation among wackos in the US of late.

Elsewhere:

To protect their identities, New York Judge Juan Merchan limited the amount of information reporters can share about the 12 [jurors in the Trump case].

So here's BBC's in depth piece about WHO THEY ARE.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Erm ... could that possibly throw the case out?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doubt it, although if it somehow does it'll just be another one of those things, like DON'T GIVE MASS SHOOTINGS AND MASS SHOOTERS 24 HOUR NEWS COVERAGE, that the media takes, completely ignores and then refuses to acknowledge as a root cause of a later problem arising therefrom.

Guess a mistrial would fully kick this into the long grass never to be tried again, but then it's a pretty rubbish case so that might be the best outcome for the anti-Trump movement. #conspiracy

The documents case and the Supreme Court's view on total presidential immunity look more interesting, particularly from a political machinations perspective seeing as there's a load of Trump judges involved in those.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally the US have approved an aid package for Ukraine after months of stalling.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic news. Bring on the weaponry.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll be interesting to see if some of the Republicans see the next few months - while Trump courtroom drama is occupying him - as a chance to create a bit of political seperation. If it turns out to be a good election for the Repubicans, then there's likely no consequences. But if it's a bad election for them, they have a little distance from Trump and could hold on to their own jobs.

You get the feeling that Johnson was a little more willing to let the Ukraine funding go through while Trump is raging against courtroom sketch artists and headlines that he farts in his sleep.
    Last edited by ItalAussie; 21-04-2024 at 03:25 AM.