User Tag List

Page 237 of 238 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238 LastLast
Results 11,801 to 11,850 of 11872

Thread: U.S. Presidential Election 2016 (Sponsored by Betty Croker's Hamburger Helper)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *clown world intensifies*

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump mixes up the woman he raped for his ex-wife lie the stable genius he definitely is.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/0tq3rh6bh_8

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that meant to be the counter argument/gotcha to Biden clearly having dementia? If so, lol and Joe may as well start packing his bags now.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we're honest, none of it really matters anymore, does it? America has 2 old men that are starting to rattle upstairs. We have a robo-manlet and a damp squib that has no positions on anything.

Politics is dead. They all just do what big-money tells them to do. The colour of their tie is about the only real difference.

For all the rants, lololols and falls, how different have Obama, Trump and Biden really been when it comes to action?

The west is a mess. The same mess across the board, regardless of leader.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll say stuff like this but when you had an actual alternative who didn't answer to big money you didn't want it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct, because he wasn't offering what I want to vote for either.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd vote for a patriotic left candidate tbh, as would a lot of the population.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As would I. That's all I want. Someone that likes our country and wants it to be a better place for normal people.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Don't lie.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely would. Sadly the left hasn't had any patriotic traces since about 1975.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post

You'd vote Tory even if your local candidate did a shit through your letterbox.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This reminds me when Elth said he'd have happily entertained someone ahead of Moyes had there been anybody else available. When I suggested some he came up with every spurious reason under the sun why they weren't.

I was going to push Jimmy on why he hadn't voted for Blair, but then it dawned on me that he'd just give me a million reasons why he wasn't.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main one that he was at school.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't have voted for Blair. Always thought he was a twat. Might have voted for Champagne Charlie Kennedy if I was in one of my foppish phases.

In general I just disagree with putting self-appointed clever people in charge of people's lives, which is all left politics is, and prefer to leave things as they are. However, if the stewards of leaving things as they are turn out to be embezzling traitors then I reserve the right to vote for any patriotic candidate who has the country's best interests at heart.

Would I have voted for Adolf in 1933? Possibly, I don't know.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    The main one that he was at school.
    Fair point.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had I been able to vote for his first term, I would have definitely voted for him. That said, aside from my experiment with Clegg (cunt), I always have.

It's the party of None of the above this time round. I've no faith in Labour being any better than the Tories.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The conservative party could do with finding a few self-appointed clever people. Because right now the party is populated by retards.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is a real battle for me this time around as in 17 years of voting, I’ve never voted for the guy who won so should I just embrace it and go full Rishi.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we not get past the point that even though this iteration of the Labour Party is shit, they’re at least not capable of the incredible corruption exhibited by this Brexit Tory clan. Wave your fist as you put your X next to the Labour candidate if you wish, but you know it will at least rid the country of an incredible cancer.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking the same, I've never backed the winning side in an election overall, maybe the 2010 coalition, spent most of my time in London voting against Frank Dobson and Emily Thornberry on general principle. Think I may have sneaked Justine Greening in in Hammersmith and Fulham in a losing cause once, so should probably stick with it and go for Dear old Jeremy Quin this time although he may be at risk from lib dems and none of the above/voter apathy.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm doing my overseas vote to whoever Labour has running against Corbyn in Highbury.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't Corbyn by all accounts a top local MP, Abbott style?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes but don't let that get in the way of narratives.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah he is/was.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem there, is that my local councillors are brilliant. They're also Tory. That doesn't translate well to their party running the country, as we've seen.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but as we have already litigated a really good local MP means a lot to people who haven't reduced politics to United vs Liverpool and will defend their pet biter/rapist as long as they wear the one true symbol. Whereas in my constituency there is a lot of 'lol Labour' and always has been even in the face of multiple Tory MPs who are uncontactable until they break cover for an unannounced impromptu photo op with the PM at a local attraction before disappearing again.

Of course that may or may not lead to a more effective system of government nationally (perhaps not, given the current situation) but accessible MPs of any rosette colour should be the rule, not the exception. I know a lot of people don't like them for various reasons but when my mate was having issues with his offshore wind farm company and he and others wanted to unionise due to dangerous working practices, it was John McDonell and Jezza Corbyn who met them for lunch and listened to their concerns on a trip to Westminster when they could have easily fucked them off.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if this happens everywhere, but around here a lot of the councillors constantly switch parties so that they're in the party who are likely to get voted in at that particular time. There's one woman who has been Tory three times, Lib Dem twice and is now an independent.

I know it was also said of many of the New Labour Scots (Alistair Darling, John Reid etc) that they might have been Tories except for the fact that they came from Labour-voting cities in Scotland so to be a politician they had to join Labour.

We're in a slightly more true believer era now so there might be a bit less fluidity than there has been.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MPs are another matter, but I can absolutely understand councillors jumping back and forth. A lot of their work is apolitical and like Spikey's area, many of my good councillors are (currently) Tory, but I'd still rather die than vote for one of their MPs.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh without doubt there are still vast swathes of the house of Commons who would just back the party most likely to get them on the gravy train if they hadn't already nailed their colours to the mast. Look at the likes of Woodcock who was a Labour MP in Barrow until he knew his time was up then went to the papers slating Corbyn in exchange for a Tory peerage.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quite enjoyed the reply to this:

https://x.com/aubrey_savela/status/1...607843777?s=20

Bodybagged.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That context feature is a genuinely great addition.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Telling that Musk seems to have disabled it on his account because he keeps getting absolutely teabagged by corrections to his bullshit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeez we're through the looking glass now aren't we on AI. At what point do criminal defence lawyers start to claim that any CCTV of their clients in the act has been faked by AI?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always look at the hands.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also this:

The Trump Campaign, however, was quick to dismiss Ms Haley's win, calling her the "Queen of the Swamp".
    "While Nikki has been soundly rejected throughout the rest of America, she was just crowned Queen of the Swamp by the lobbyists and DC insiders that want to protect the failed status quo. The swamp has claimed their queen," Trump Campaign press secretary, Karoline Leavitt, said.
    I'll miss him when he's in jail forever

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he wins will he pardon all the insurrectionists from their sentences?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should reduce his sentence if he agrees to publicly 'roast' 10 deserving cases a day for the duration of it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So now the shit sandwich versus the giant douche II is official has that ever happened before? Has a defeated candidate ever stood again at the next election or is Donny T the first? I'm thinking that if it has happened before it will be in the dim and distant past.

The more you know

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies if it's mentioned in the link but I know Nixon lost to Kennedy before getting the gig.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    So now the shit sandwich versus the giant douche II is official has that ever happened before? Has a defeated candidate ever stood again at the next election or is Donny T the first? I'm thinking that if it has happened before it will be in the dim and distant past.

The more you know
    I don't know the specifics, but Churchill had a round 2, didn't he?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had loads of repeats. Yanks quite rare, but I know Adlai Stevenson had a couple of unsuccessful cracks at Eisenhower, which was fortunate because 'Adlai' is a terrible name.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I make no judgment as to the merits of the decision, and as with anything I am sure their is nuance to explain it away, but on a surface level is it not a bit odd to have a legal system whereby courts/judges are able to impose staggering fines on people who are then effectively denied a right of appeal unless they can stump up the cash? My suspicion is that, were this a matter of debate or argument then perhaps that wouldn't be the case, and Donny T is in this predicament because of the scale and flagrancy of his 'offending', but it does strike me as odd that a judge can effectively insulate their decision from appeal or review by imposing an insurmountably large enough penalty.

Bet Michael Bloomberg is absolutely loving this and will be only too happy to make a derisory offer for Trump Tower.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donny probably checking the market value of Ivanka.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    I make no judgment as to the merits of the decision, and as with anything I am sure their is nuance to explain it away, but on a surface level is it not a bit odd to have a legal system whereby courts/judges are able to impose staggering fines on people who are then effectively denied a right of appeal unless they can stump up the cash? My suspicion is that, were this a matter of debate or argument then perhaps that wouldn't be the case, and Donny T is in this predicament because of the scale and flagrancy of his 'offending', but it does strike me as odd that a judge can effectively insulate their decision from appeal or review by imposing an insurmountably large enough penalty.

Bet Michael Bloomberg is absolutely loving this and will be only too happy to make a derisory offer for Trump Tower.
    But isn't inflating his assets part of what he's in hot water for? So setting a high penalty means he can only appeal if he wasn't lying in the first place. If he can't meet the bond it proves he is/was lying and an appeal is moot.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really, as the fine/bond needs to be covered by liquid assets, not real property which is what he was/they were inflating the value of, which I'd say is a fairly standard thing to do, they just seem to have done it to absurd levels.

Like I said, I'm sure there is a reason, just on its face it seems odd for a court at that level to essentially be able to make its ruling unappealable. From further investigation I think it is within the gift of the appeals court to stay the enforcement/require a lesser bond, but I guess you have to have a reasonable prospect of success for them to contemplate that and maybe Donald and Co don't really.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He also had plenty of warning, real estate firms tend not to have stacks of cash lying around (despite him claiming under oath to have 400mil in cash on hand) but for someone as rich as he's supposed to be he should have been selling off stuff to meet the bond. As usual he just does lots of crimes, boasts about how rich he is then when it actually comes to paying for something he's weirdly strapped for cash.

It's almost like he's not being entirely truthful.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Joey Bidenz with the burn...

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does he still play his round on a different day to everyone else? That's a good wheeze that one.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has the same energy with the CAPITALISED words and I'll never not notice it.