User Tag List

Page 51 of 173 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 8644

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add another to the list of EA assassinations.

Visceral Games (of Dead Space fame but have been in existence since 1998) have been shut down.

BioWare threatened with the same thing if Anthem isn't a Destiny game me thinks.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a cutthroat business. Terrifying that one dodgy project could sink you.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had an epic Nemesis System [TM] battle earlier - fought some badass looking Ork and tried to brand him but he was too high a level so I 'shamed' him. Then, whilst in the midst of killing another captain, he pops up again, looking all gnarly and with a brand mark on his face. After another epic battle I finally killed him!

...only for him to almost immediately pop up for a final (?) time for another round, having given it the big 'un again

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Baz

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha I didn’t think it would have my proper face for you. That’s awesome.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like, if I want a legitimate entry into Nintendo emulation, the Wii's the way to go. £22 used and then games at £5.49 and up. Today I spied a mini SNES in CeX for the low price of £140. Right next to a SNES priced at £72.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've got the screw jobs nailed on in WWE 2k18.

Survivor Series:

Toggle Spoiler

Royal Rumble:

Toggle Spoiler

Brett Hart has nothing on me.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony Hawk for the PS1 is now old enough to drink. I'm so old.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    They've got the screw jobs nailed on in WWE 2k18.
    But enough about the microtransactions

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I'm done with the story now.

Not bad, a little annoying as THEY'VE RAMPED UP THE DRAMA but it's nice to hold the Championship after spending about 3 in game years stuck at #4 in 2k17.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this new South Park game so much. They've come so far since the first.

I've already put 8 hours in.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until Dawn is under way. Just played through the prologue but I'm going to mainline it tomorrow and see how many people survive. Peter Stormare's acting is off-putting in this. I don't know what Supermassive's setup is but he really, really overdoes it. Like he's been told, or assumes he needs to overcompensate for the technology. Or it could just be him. They all have perfect teeth, too. LA Noire might be the pinnacle we'll never reach again.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    LA Noire might be the pinnacle we'll never reach again.

K.

Until Dawn is a far far superior game to LA Noire.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to start a THIRD character after I confused the Hawks for the Raptors and used my free agency to sign for the shittiest team in the league.

Back to Point Guard and watching these UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENES.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until Dawn done. One survivor. Would've been five but the Don't Move sections can't really be done without setting the controller down. Decent. I'm thinking the acting weirdness was all Stormare, now. Popping his head into the lens like he's in a Hype Williams video.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until Dawn was pants. Those 'Don't Move' sections were about as easy and lazy as gaming gets.

Peter Stormare is a swivel eyed nutcase in everything, which is presumably why they got him in to play that part.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until Dawn is fucking great

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once they stopped trying to fuck each other, yes. Lousy teens. And, as daft as Stormare was, the Mesut Osil looking fella was probably having the most fun. It went places I didn't expect.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Until Dawn was pants.
    Did you play it on your own? I haven't had as much fun playing a game as a group in years. It was the gaming equivalent of watching Scream for the first time.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did. I've heard of other ways to make your own fun with it, like an ad hoc two player where you each take three characters and try to keep them alive while putting the others in position to get offed, but if you have to try that hard to make things interesting the game has failed.

I liked the Stormare parts though. They reminded me of Atmosfear, possibly the most 'of its time' thing ever created.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just made group decisions to try keep as many people alive as possible but the timers don't give you enough time to do it democratically so it becomes the gaming equivalent of people shouting 'Nooo don't go up the stairs!'

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Streets of Rage has a couple dodgy bosses. Game Over right outside the final boss door. The mini-boss that is two ninja ladies leads to three people in a room trying to dive-kick each other to death. Lovely music, though.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've started Shadow of War and am enjoying myself muchly. Have hit a really tough story mission though so I dunno if the game wants me to mop up other shit first.

@Raoul Duke would you recommend I do what I did in the first game and power through the story to get the dominate mind ability first?

I already have my first nemesis who has come back from the dead to murder me for a second time. Bastard,

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been playing Super Mario Odyssey. It's impossible not to play that game without a smile on your face. The moon collecting setup means endorphins every minute or two.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the new WWE game, 'Dirty' Joe Bananas is already NXT champion despite having a grubby plain blue singlet from the Mr Perfect lost and found collection. Although, despite being a world class superstar athlete he runs around the backstage area with the speed and grace of your fat mum.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see mine as running like he's trying to do a whole body D'Lo Brown head shake post-stroke.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever I've tried speaking to HHH he threatens to batter me because he's rock solid and badass, and I've spoken to Peyton Royce twice so far and she's just gone on about how Stephanie McMahon is the queen of wrestling and how all girls should want to be like her when they grow up. Some of the time spent putting them over in production should have been used to de-emphasise Kassius Ohno's wobbly gut.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am fucking love Shadow of War, unsurprisingly. Obviously I haven't got to the ending yet, but other than in some community mission rewards I have no heard hide nor hair of a loot box,

I can dominate orc captains now and the first once you meet (who is for everybody, I assume) is a big bugger called Bruz the Chopper, and he's a walking, talking (,orcing?) Finding Nemo reference and I love him already.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    whenever i've tried speaking to hhh he threatens to batter me because he's rock solid and badass, and i've spoken to peyton royce twice so far and she's just gone on about how stephanie mcmahon is the queen of wrestling and how all girls should want to be like her when they grow up. Some of the time spent putting them over in production should have been used to de-emphasise kassius ohno's wobbly gut.
    And in the game!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brock Lesnar has his sandwiches, now Dirty Joe has corporate merch

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God I love the Nemesis system.

1st dominated captain: the one you get through the story. The aforementioned Bruz (Bruce.) You faced him in a scrap and then mind-control him. Job's a good'un.

2nd attempted domination: A big, beefy olog-hai captain with a sweet leather cap/mask and the ability to summon graugs and caragors. I had totally forgotten that you can't dominate somebody of a higher level than you even if you've beaten them in battle (and he nearly killed me twice so I felt a bit aggrieved.) Had the option of either killing him or shaming him, which lowers his level and then sends him off so I can hunt him down and try again. I shamed him and then hunted him down but he was walking about and already had caragors with him. Weakened them with an explosion and then lured in a graug (big massive giant-troll thing) to have him clear out some of the other orcs mooching about and the caragors for me. They all cleared off, I had the olog-hai captain to myself. Or so I thought. I was in the process of beating him down and then the fucking graug came back and chucked half a hill at the orc and killed him. In hindsight I should have just killed him the first time and taken whatever loot he would have dropped given he was eight levels above me and it would probably have been an upgrade.

3rd attempted captain domination: This time I pick a guy my level. No more mis-steps from me! So the captain in question is having himself a feast thing, including handily-placed barrels of explosive grog. So I duly explode it, weakens a bunch of the dudes around him and gets them on fire, etc. All is going well. I jumped down from my perch and start cutting my way through the mooks to get to him, he's done his little "Ooooh I'm totally going to muller you, son!" intro, I'm getting ready to go mano-a-mano with him.... and then my attention is pulled to another fucking over-levelled olog-hai captain (olog-hai are the big armored trolls, for anybody who's seen the LOTR films) has rocked up and ambushed me because he fancies a piece as well. So all hell breaks loose, I mount a caragor to give me some mobility from the newly arrived olog (who is five levels above me) to try and work out if I can get my target dominated amongst all this fucking mayhem. Thinking he's still further back I lure the new arrival towards me and set him on fire with another barrel of grog.... and the one I wanted to make my bitch is caught in the explosion and promptly burns to death. Eventually most of the other orcs get murdered, the olog smashes me in the face and knocks me off my mount but I manage to weaken him hand-to-hand and use the dominate skill on him. But of course as I've said, he's above my level. So I've had to shame him and send him running. He shall be my next target.

Love this.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS4, Xbox or pc, Wullie?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally, successfully got my second captain mind-controlled. I love that, where they give you a little spiel when you start to fight them, it does change depending on either what you're currently doing or what your previous interaction with them was. When I fought this dude the first time and he was too high-level for me to dominate he commented on my riding a caragor. This time he made a comment on the fact that I shamed him and lowered his level ("burned my mind" as he put it.)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I now have FOUR orc-chums.

This is Bruz, the not-a-Finding-Nemo-reference one who you get through the story and teaches you about the Nemesis system.

Toggle Spoiler

This is Lorm, my newest addition. he could probably do with a hat. I'll also add a picture of my big olog chap because these two are blood brothers, apparently. I assume they mean spiritually given they're, y'know, different species.
    Toggle Spoiler

And lastly, Stakuga. The guy in my budding army with the sweetest hat.
    Toggle Spoiler

EDIT: Make it five, this one was super easy to get because he's mortally afraid of me.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Ian - good shit. Yeah, Bruz is awesome. Once you build up enough of a crew then he's good value in the siege too

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did my first siege. I was ridiculously overpowered for it but it was good none the less.

Had some extra bits and pieces play out in the nemesis system too. I killed an uruk who was the blood brother of one who I'd already dominated, which broke him from my grasp. He hunted me down to get me again and.... I dominated him again. Little bastard.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they've beefed up the Nemesis system in this not just in terms of stuff it does but also being harder to just sweep through a region and make everybody your bitch. I did my first siege and have warchiefs but getting even a majority of captains on my side is proving difficult because they come back from the dead resistant to domination, or betray you because you do in their blood brother or whatever.

So while I have one particular dude who I am fucking determined to make mine now because I've fought him a zillion times and he has more kills over me than I do of him, I also have this chap:
    Toggle Spoiler

This handsome devil looks the way he does for several reasons. The facial armor is because back when he was one of my loyal goons he died helping me in a scrap. He was resurrected and now hates me because I didn't save him from his untimely demise. He has a skill now called "Iron Will", which I can try to remove but means I can't dominate him. So in one of our fights since I did an execution move to finish him off. Lopped off arms, stabbed him, decapitated him. Now normally decapitation means you're gooooone for good, but not this fella. You can see where he's been stitched back together and he still has Iron Will so I'm gonna have to keep shaming him when I defeat him until that goes and I can make him mine again. I want him to be my bodyguard looking like that.

"the Stitch" is a new nickname too. It used to be Rock-Crusher before he got, y'know, work done.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's Mario Odyssey completed. What a good game. Nintendo are just unequalled at doing what they do. The fact that two of my top 3 games this year might be Nintendo games is mental.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking yesterday to see if a Switch was going to trigger some kind of impulse buy from me. I haven't snapped yet but there's a spare PS4 I could trade in and my birthday's coming before the year is out. I've always got the same problem with Nintendo, though:

At the end of it all, there'll only be half-a-dozen games for it I'll want. I'm looking at Wii's and the same problem arises. I'll be after the two Mario Galaxies, Metroid Prime 3 and possibly Twilight Princess. To justify the Switch, I'd need to bolster the library with whatever retro stuff they throw us and multiplatform games that might benefit from being portable.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realised the other day that without a tv I now have no access to MK Double Dash, this saddens me. I wonder if there's some hilariously contrived method of running a Gamecube through one of my monitors.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VGA box. I used one in the early HD days to hook my PS3 to up to a monitor. I assume it'll do the lower resolutions too.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that for the Switch too but it's become my indie platform of choice and then on top of that I've got Mario, Zelda, Rabbids x XCom, NBA2k and Golf Story within the first year. I think that thought of them is a bit outdated.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    I was looking yesterday to see if a Switch was going to trigger some kind of impulse buy from me. I haven't snapped yet but there's a spare PS4 I could trade in and my birthday's coming before the year is out. I've always got the same problem with Nintendo, though:

At the end of it all, there'll only be half-a-dozen games for it I'll want. I'm looking at Wii's and the same problem arises. I'll be after the two Mario Galaxies, Metroid Prime 3 and possibly Twilight Princess. To justify the Switch, I'd need to bolster the library with whatever retro stuff they throw us and multiplatform games that might benefit from being portable.
    I've been close to buying one but I'm waiting for a deal that doesn't make me feel dirty.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The indie stuff gets everywhere so I can't quite use that. I will probably get one for my summer flights. Maybe CeX will have stopped being thick with their pricing by then, as well. What kind of used retailer slings out stock £50 over RRP? The Switch is back in stock everywhere else so they must be hoping there's a two week gap they can capitalise on. If I went now, I could see myself getting one with Odyssey and then maybe putting Sonic Mania on it.

Also, for indie stuff, I'm not too sure how Nintendo are going to be when it comes to store sales. I wish they'd announce their online subscription service plans, too.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have. They're shit but it's like 15 quid a year. You get a random nes game a month with mp built in (for that month, it removes itself after that but keeps your save if you want to buy it) and the ability to play games online.

Sonic Mania is the other one I have. I was round the parents house the other day and my mum who calls every game ever made 'Sonic'. Even Call of Duty got the 'what are you playing? Sonic?' Treatment down the years. And I'm playing Switch as she walks by and what am I playing? Sonic.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sonic Mania was definitely on my list, assuming I don't buy it on PS4 or Steam first. That's a big if.