User Tag List

Page 44 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,200 of 8636

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mate has started it and basically plays it all the time. He says he thinks it's probably the gateway drug to Dwarf Fortress.

I also really enjoyed the RPS AAR of it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I thought The Long Dark was something else when I agreed to review it. Fucking survival simulators. On the plus side, David Hayter's doing a voice in it. Surprise, it's kinda his Snake voice. Looking back at his credits, he's not really been that out of work.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Streaming The Golf Club 2:

https://www.twitch.tv/darksoldierm8

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck's sake, it was asking me to log in to send you abuse.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Telltale Batman has had an update that's causing you to have to redownload the entire game and is apparently rendering people's saves unusable or deleting them or something. Good work, Telltale.

I've back up my folder just in case.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turned around on The Long Dark a little. The sandbox mode is the thing. The story mode's a bit of a hatchet job with three episodes still to be released. The review's in so I probably won't go back to it. No more new assignments have come in. I can breathe again.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE 2k17 is so broken.

The rankings system makes absolutely no sense.

Whilst US champion I decided to join the rankings for the WWE Championship (that you have to choose which title to go for is shit) and I've been stuck at number 4 for about a year in game. I started a rivalry with number 1 contender Cena and nothing happened, tried with Champion Brock and still at 4th and back to new number 1 contender Orton but I'm still at fourth.

Even fucking Cesaro went from about 9th to number 1 contender after I destroyed Cena and got a shot but I'm stuck, completely.

I even decided to get friendly with 'The Authority' to help push me up the rankings and in doing so I dropped my US title to Sin Cara as they asked me to do so, nothing changed for me but I didn't have to face Sin Cara at a 10th PPV so that's a win I guess.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look on the bright side, @Cord was doomed to wrestle NXT champion seemingly forever but without ever actually getting the title shots in 2k17.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    WWE 2k17 is so broken.

The rankings system makes absolutely no sense.

Whilst US champion I decided to join the rankings for the WWE Championship (that you have to choose which title to go for is shit) and I've been stuck at number 4 for about a year in game. I started a rivalry with number 1 contender Cena and nothing happened, tried with Champion Brock and still at 4th and back to new number 1 contender Orton but I'm still at fourth.

Even fucking Cesaro went from about 9th to number 1 contender after I destroyed Cena and got a shot but I'm stuck, completely.

I even decided to get friendly with 'The Authority' to help push me up the rankings and in doing so I dropped my US title to Sin Cara as they asked me to do so, nothing changed for me but I didn't have to face Sin Cara at a 10th PPV so that's a win I guess.
    This makes no sense at all. They really have perfected their simulation.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished Telltale Batman and very much enjoyed it. As a Telltale game it's pretty much what you'd expect, though one of the better examples of their work.

As a Batman game it does some stuff I really liked.

Toggle Spoiler

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That always annoyed me about the Arkham games. They wheeled out a lot of villains and then only gave a couple a star turn. I was looking forward to Black Mask and the whole assassin plot in Origins and they blow that super early.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Origins was a spectacular disappointment on that front. And as much as I actually quite liked how he was used didn't they all-but-promise that Joker wasn't going to be a big deal in Knight?

I also only just realised the second series of Telltale Batman is out. Or the first episode is, or whatever.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, none of the marketing hinted at Joker until the billboard ads hit late on. In a rut at the moment. I need to finish Psychonauts off and then get started on cheating my way through Deus Ex.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got XCOM2 on the go but really need to dedicate a couple of hours to getting back into Signal From Tolva. For reasons that may or may not be my fault I've hit a bit that's becoming a bit of a grindy difficulty spike. I probably just need to change my loadout until I get to the next bunker / outpost and then it'll be grand.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me and @Baz are still rubbish on Battlegrounds and are still loving it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Threw the towel in on Psychonauts. For some reason, I'm not getting a crucial double jump at the end of Waterloo World. Close enough. Decent game but it peaks at the Milkman Conspiracy and then drops. Plus it's made by the same bastards who decided 90's adventure logic.

"Oh, there's a coin in the fireplace. I'm amazed I didn't see it. What with all the fire."

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugggghhh, really? Is there a lot of that? I need to go back to Psychonauts but that could be a dealbreaker. I was loving Grim Fandango until I realised I was loving the setting / characters / story but just using a walk-through for the actual game because even the puzzles I solved myself I got no satisfaction from.

I find this alot with adventure games.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I had a walkthrough at the ready. Waterloo's the first level I've thought it was heavy with it, mind. Maybe my brain's switched off with the walkthrough being so easy to refer to.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agents of Mayhem on the download. Played through the tutorial and can't really pigeonhole it yet. Your agents have supers and ults and they've stolen the Overwatch font. Looks like it's mission based so it might not go down the Crackdown-esque route Saints Row IV ran.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Agents of Mayhem on the download. Played through the tutorial and can't really pigeonhole it yet. Your agents have supers and ults and they've stolen the Overwatch font. Looks like it's mission based so it might not go down the Crackdown-esque route Saints Row IV ran.
    I'm hearing from other media sources there are framerate and graphical issues on certain rigs. The lack of review codes apparently didn't help the cause so I'm keen to hear what you think of this game.

I've played the free trail of Saints Row 4 this weekend and found the controller support absolutely atrocious despite the fact I've been using a perfectly decent PS4 controller.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm nearly at the end of TBFP's Resi 7 video, still loving it and I love that they're good enough at the game that they're not dying all the time but still more than capable of being scared when shit jumps out at them. Leads to some really funny stuff.

This is definitely how I need to experience games that I'm interested in seeing but don't really want to play.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'll never play Deadly Premonition or Shenmue, but I'll watch someone play them.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been playing Horizon Zero Dawn this weekend. Cracking game overall so far - the story is good, setting interesting and the combat is pretty fun. Lots of variation and tactical options, with some Far Cry-like base clearing stuff too.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Final Fantasy XV will be releasing on PC. Nice. On digital platforms only. Cool?

Just download... 170GB worth of data! Absolute madness.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive got dirt 4 arriving in the post. I played the dirt 3 earlier in the year and it was solid.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very tempted by Dirt4, been a while since I played a really good racing game and this looks like it would be just the thing.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's The Signal from Tolva done. It really starts to shift the tone a bit towards the end to build on the sense of weirdness early doors, but the actual very ending is a bit... eh, I dunno. Not very satisfying.

Really enjoyed it overall though.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Uncharted 4 expansion/standalone thing is out on Wednesday, which crept up nicely. Basically 10 more hours of the same which suits me perfectly. Do games come out on Wednesdays now?

On Fire Pro I've now got a 615-strong roster split across various promotions and eras. I'll never go near 99.9% of them.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is the game, Wullie? I'll be all over it once it's actually out.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game itself is ace, it's just a bit rough round the edges with things like slow menu navigation and threadbare with a lot of features still to be added. The good part is that it seems to have outperformed expectation in early access so that'll speed things along.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never played an uncharted game until late last year. Since then ive gone through the three HD remastered versions on the playstation quad. Im on chapter 12 right now on uncharted 4. Franchise is nice.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    F1 2017 has reminded me how much aerodynamic faff got lodged onto 2000's cars. No six-wheeled Tyrell but they have short versions of Austin and Suzuka. The latter being the twisty first split, rather than the other shortened version that I've only seen in Tourist Trophy. Track detail's a little cack on console but it's running at 60fps.

Come to think of it, the classics selection's a bit erm... new school. Begins in '88 and ends with the 2010 Red Bulls. Includes the 1995 Ferrari which Schumi beat every week. Alonso's 2006 Renault is in there which I think was the last hurrah for the V12s. Wish they could get the sound right in these games.

First race in the career done. Picked McLaren and immediately went for POWERTRAIN UPGRADES. (none of which come into effect for a couple of weeks)

- Nowhere in practice.
    - Alonso picked as my first rival (4 tenths off him in FP2)
    - 7th in Quali (Alonso in 17th)
    - 3rd in the race.

I'm on medium difficulty and the AI cannot pick a pass. Ricciardo got by me temporarily but kindly let me past when he saw how hot I was coming into the penultimate corner. They still can't handle rain either.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CoD is back

Beta is great. Create a new PS4 profile in Hong Kong if you want to download it for free without a code.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill try that method later when i get home. I have so many games im playing now. I dont really like having more than two in rotation.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's accessible on all regions now anyway.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Games with Gold has these three at the moment:

Trials Fusion (DS?)
    Slime Rancher
    Red Faction:Armageddon

Talk to me.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trials Fusion isn't the best but it's still a Trials game.

Slime Rancher is a first person exploring/farming game. Seems ok but nothing great. Kinda No Mans Sky esque but on one planet.

Red Faction: Armageddon is bad, they took an open world destruction game and put you underground for the sequel, don't bother.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't they free? Why not just give them a go?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trials Fusion has a shite world, but fuck me if the gameplay isn't still next level.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everybody's Golf arrived. It's very charming

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that I've a laptop coming with a decent graphics card, can you get Tiger Woods/Pro Evo/decent driving game for PC?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pro Evo comes out on PC, it's always been shit and used a different engine, 2018 though that changes, so hold off a few weeks.
    There's LOADS of Driving games, The latest Dirt maybe or Project Cars?
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/10-best-racing-games-pc

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Pro Evo comes out on PC, it's always been shit and used a different engine, 2018 though that changes, so hold off a few weeks.
    There's LOADS of Driving games, The latest Dirt maybe or Project Cars?
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/10-best-racing-games-pc
    Cheers. I'll check the specs on a few of those as I was looking at the new F1 game but my card didn't meet the requirements.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Golf Club, that DS loves, is on PC. Don't think there's been a Tiger Woods/EA golf game on PC in years now.

You can get Pro Evo, yeah. I think there was some thing about it not being the same as the newest gen console versions (they ported the last gen console versions instead, I think) but I still played and enjoyed it.

I don't know much about driving games, sorry.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought Cities: Skylines on PS4. Wanted to play it for ages and it's meant to be a pretty nice port.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    The Golf Club, that DS loves, is on PC. Don't think there's been a Tiger Woods/EA golf game on PC in years now.

You can get Pro Evo, yeah. I think there was some thing about it not being the same as the newest gen console versions (they ported the last gen console versions instead, I think) but I still played and enjoyed it.

I don't know much about driving games, sorry.
    I'll look up that golf one, though WGT does be ok for a bit of a play and runs ok on my shitty desktop. I'd never heard of the one you mentioned.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The EA golf games are tragically awful these days sadly.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    The EA golf games are tragically awful these days sadly.
    Have they gone down the shit route of FIFA and Madden where it's all about building some team through swapping/buying fake cards and fuck all about the actual gameplay? Pro Evo is a bit like that too with the master league bollocks (or it was the last time I played a version).