Page 34 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,700 of 8649

Thread: General gaming discussion

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think, in terms of exclusives, Xbox One doesn't really have much. Inside is the highest ranked exclusive, according to metacritic. Backwards compatibility, though.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    What? Why did they do that?
    They bought another geezer an Xbox One a year ago, bought me Far Cry 3 on release a few years back, do secret santa and a charity drive every year. Fantastic place, one of the users was drunk last night, some geezer made a joke about playing Forza with me if I had Xbox, 24 hours later its done.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All aboard Mahow's new webcam fund.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Destiny 2 coming to PC who's buying it no-one good.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first one was supposed to at one point, not that I care as it looks like a vaguely serviceable shooter with basically no framing whatsoever. I don't see the attraction.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PVP is the main attraction for those who fell into it. Rare loot + grind + shooty mans.

I got 30 hours of it then deleted.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently they released an update for the first one at some point that changed the voice of your little companion bot thing, replacing Peter Dinklage with some random games voiceover person. I think I played maybe eight or so hours of it and it was just the same mission over and over again with a different shape of enemy to shoot at.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a lot more interested in Signal From Tolva which comes out in April.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Apparently they released an update for the first one at some point that changed the voice of your little companion bot thing, replacing Peter Dinklage with some random games voiceover person. I think I played maybe eight or so hours of it and it was just the same mission over and over again with a different shape of enemy to shoot at.
    Not exactly a random, it was Nolan North.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realise it was him, a mate who was still playing it just told me the latest update had replaced Peter Dinklage with 'someone crap'. Still a bit mad to replace Peter Dinklage with him though, unless he has an industry wide contract that says he must take part in all games involving gunplay.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The consensus would seem to be that the game was much improved post-Dinklage and that his replacement was a big factor in that. I've only seen a friend playing it so I can't say for sure.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate I know has been streaming it since pretty much launch on Twitch. Still plays it for 8-10 hours most days, complete lunacy.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, there are people deep into that arsehole. The shooting's meant to be really on point but their content delivery system (and the fact they threw most of the story away because of some suits) meant it was always hamstrung. They've added some decent raids over the years and monetised some seasonal crap but it's never looked like enough, to me.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't get Open Xcom to work properly with TFTD. Booo!

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    I'm a lot more interested in Signal From Tolva which comes out in April.
    Yeah I'm looking forward to this. Though I never actually got close to completing a single-player save in Sir.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never liked the idea of being constantly hunted, far too stressful for me. This one looks more like my kind of thing.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was basically what did for me. Sometimes I was just trying to work on my stash and then OH SHIT ROBOTS. I genuinely think it's a great game, just not the one for me.

In single player. Me and @Cord had some good saves and many a failure.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm nearly at the end of Divinity: Original Sin. The later-level mage spells are an absolute joy.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which schools did you take? I think the archer in my game became a ridiculous murdering machine.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very close to giving Demon's Souls another run. I never did fight Doran. I should carry on with cheating my way through my blacklog but I'm struggling to find ones to finish quickly.

Well, I'm in it now. Fixed the bent casing on the PS3 drive as well. Now it no longer rattles off the top of the console case. I forgot how satisfying backstabs are in this.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lunatics legit bought me an Xbox One, it wasn't a wind up.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An elite too, bastard.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as fuck

Tag is DorkSirjur if any of you wanna add me. Got that EA Access thing which has just added Fifa 17 so I'll be on that and Forza mainly.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah yeah we get it, you like your other family more than us.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy me a PS4 Pro and we good.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which schools did you take? I think the archer in my game became a ridiculous murdering machine.
    My character has witchcraft and geomancy which inadvertently match up quite nicely for buffs and that, to an extent. And although he's a colossal penis we have Jahan too, who has at least one Master skill in all the elemental ones. Hailstorm and meteor shower are the nuts.

Bit gutted that the summons feel more like an early crutch because now I only use them very situationally.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's a shame they don't scale the summons very well, the later ones don't feel as powerful as they should do. I had exactly the same setup as you and they were useful for crowd control sometimes but nothing like how useful the spider was early on.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The uselessness of spiderbro now is a constant heart-ache. I get that it'd probably be hard to balance it out because numbers are so important in the tough fights but still.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Xbox Elite controller is a work of beauty, holy shit.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I've heard it justifies it's price tag. A lot of setups you can rejig and tailor to whatever you're playing.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Context
    I'm always guilty of it, aren't I?

The site I write for received an email from a former writer for Brash Games. They're a prolific site with several writers on staff. Like, 20 at least. We've taken an interest in them because of this and because some of their reviews sound proper ropey. The kind of stuff media students will gladly spew as they look to find their feet. Anyway, this source cited alleged plagiarism of some of our reviews and also mentioned how his review of 140 (an indie something) was re-scored and re-written without his knowledge.

We couldn't make the plagiarism stick but the rewriting of reviews held firm with our editor in chief finding three versions of the review, each with different scores. We kinda left it there until a few more writers began publicly slating Brash Games for their conduct. One of which writing his resignation in the summary of his last review. What's followed is an exodus and tales of authors being removed from articles (shafting the writer if they ever fancy getting a portfolio together) , the editor providing no feedback or editing beyond score fiddling and, the latest allegations relate to their funding.

They're not an ad-based site but they do seemingly plug a free-to-play roulette gambling site and earn $150 a pop for every referral. It's been quite a week and, whilst teenagers trying to use reviews as a way to 'get into the industry' is daft, seeing them dicked about like this is quite dodgy.

https://medium.com/@MorganRPark/bras...s-a808ed3c15b8

It's all so amazing. Clients, lads. That's not implying an agenda at all. They removed the PacMan 256 review where the writer wrote out his resignation in the last paragraph. Awww. This time last week, their staff page referenced 40 aspiring writers. It is now blank.

Finally, OpenCritic published some findings. They're Metacritic for rejects.

http://c.opencritic.com/releases/BrashGames.pdf

Each time we confronted Brash Games with a specific accusation, we found traces of
    attempted cover-ups including efforts such as editing or deleting old reviews, sending dubious
    legal documents and threats, blocking OpenCritic team member IP addresses, and removing
    Brash Games from the Wayback Machine
    I love this stupid industry and its stupid people.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm excited about this. It looks really faithful to the (fantastic) original, too.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hot off announcing Bayonetta for PC, Yakuza Kiwami (Remake of the first one) is coming in August. And Microsoft now offer console and PC refunds. Neat.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets not applaud Microsoft too much for doing something they're obliged by law to do anyway.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My, Gran Turismo 6 has a lot of patches. AND A THREE HOUR INSTALL!?

After all that, it's not compatible with the Dual Shock 4. Christ.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very much enjoying Signal From Tolva, for something made by 5 people it looks great and I'm really liking the story and the way it gets delivered (text files and a lorebook aren't exactly groundbreaking but it fits the game/universe very well) plus the somewhat serene exploration punctuated by shooting robots in their robot faces is right up my robo-street. The weapon loadouts I have found slightly restrictive but that could easily be because I'm a bit rubbish at robo-combat.

Well worth the £15 it's going for on Steam.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that'll probably be my next purchase.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's Divinity finished. Tremendous game. Though a rare game of this sort where I came away not especially caring about any of the characters. They're all just.... fine.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, weird that a game can have so much character but not have any interesting characters, the lich lady was the closest. One of my few gripes with it is the other party members, because of the characters I;d rolled I was basically railroaded into taking the most annoying ones.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found my first Crimsonhead in Resident Evil HD. Oops. Apparently there's a flask I should've picked up.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, weird that a game can have so much character but not have any interesting characters, the lich lady was the closest. One of my few gripes with it is the other party members, because of the characters I;d rolled I was basically railroaded into taking the most annoying ones.
    Me and my mate had Wolgraff and Jahan then switched the former for Bairdotr because we wanted to use all the arrows we kept picking up. Barely used Madora at all because my mate was playing a tanky warrior type.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really quite enjoying Assassin's Creed Syndicate. I think objectively it's probably got a shout for being one of the best, if not the best in the series but it doesn't have enough Ezio or sea shanties to out-do whichever of Brotherhood or Black Flag I tell you is my favourite on a given day.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't get into it.

I just kept thinking 'I wish this was Black Flag'.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what it would take for me to get interested in that series. Wait. There is one thing:

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not done the Victoria missions after the main yarn yet but otherwise I'm done with Syndicate. The story wasn't very involved, even by the standard of these games, and seemed to just sort of arrive at a finale. I think they were trying to make the two protagonists and the main other character but even then it was mostly being told stuff is happening ("I SEE YOU AND CHARACTER B ARE REALLY GETTING, EH?" *wink*) rather than it actually happening.

That's not why any sane person plays AC, mind. Even if I did quite like Jacob and Evie. London's swish in it, I quite enjoyed the brief WW1 "time anomaly" and it's got the best kind of travelling over long distances of anything in the series after the boating.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm kinda tempted to have another crack at Ass Creed: Pirates of the Caribbean - was a fun game.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It helped that Kenway isn't a mega-dickhead in that. It wasn't a promising sign when after an hour in Connor's company in AC3 I wished I was back playing as his Templar dad again.

I'll be interested to see if they go with another multi-protagonist set-up in the next one.

Something else I forgot to mention about Syndicate, it has comfortably the least intrusive present-day stuff yet. Hopefully in a game or two's time they're going to have quietly culled all of it. A man can dream.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't believe the use of that modern day bollocks in Blag Flag.

I was enjoying being a pirate and suddenly I'm transported into modern day, doing follow and yawn shit for a complete bell-end in a skyscraper.

I mean, wut?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The modern day stuff should just be dropped, no one likes it.

Just give us a touch at the start to set it up and be done with it.