Page 25 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 8649

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Okay, this UK copy of Bloodborne doesn't get on with the UK DLC. Sony's shut up shop for the night and can't manage a simple email.

Fuck sake. Having some fun with CUSA numbers. Disc says 00208 (UK), as does the box art. The save file has it down as 00207 which is Australian. Or it could just be that neither of my characters have beat the boss to trigger it.
    If I remember right you need to beat the cathedral ward boss, then pick up some item from the messengers go to the odean chapel then let that monster grab you and it sends you there.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, I didn't have a character up to that point, annoyingly.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went back to Pillars of Eternity and almost immediately had to wangle my way around a bug that wasn't game-breaking but would have ruined it for me that the devs are aware of but have failed to fix. Welcome back, Ian.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phew, the DLC is sorted. I look forward to seeing it in 30 hours time.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Virginia is a first person X-Files/Twin Peaks kind of game set in the 90s, from that alone I bought it. All you actually do is walk forward or press X to advance a 90 minute cutscene while a nonsense story plays out hoping you'll catch the subtle subtext it shouts at you.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like its style but I've heard it shits the bed. That said, these are the things I like.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    I really like its style but I've heard it shits the bed. That said, these are the things I like.
    Bed shitting?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Yes'. Magic's sorting me out with some videos.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Shiners inbox isn't full of scat from all angles by now I will be very disapointed

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was playing This War of Mine yesterday. Really grim strategy survival type game based in Yugoslavia in the 90s. Very addictive despite being simple in concept and really grim. Losing someone completely depresses your guys.

And robbing some old persons house was no fun either.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a certain way in but haven't got back to it yet, but I really struggled with the idea of looting other people's houses. That and Papers, Please in particular hit the right notes in that regard.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This War of Mine sits in my Steam list. Still looking for the right moment to start playing it. Perhaps when the kids are away for a week or so.
    Papers, Please sometimes made me feel like a real bastard.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was too okay with everything in Papers, Please. A little worrying that I was only concerned with efficiently dealing with people who didn't have the right documents.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The music in Papers, Please was too awesome. It overruled everything else.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once I sort this unfinished business with Bloodborne I'll probably get on to Resi Remake. I still fancy getting deep into Ninja Gaiden Sigma again and maybe finally giving God Hand a go. And I think that NES Classic thing is due out soon.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been playing some multiplayer Sir, You Are Being Hunted with Cord, then watched a load of Youtube videos about it and have now started my first single player save on it in an age. I've found some lovely letters from our friendly robot overlords.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I'd installed This War of Mine last week so after the mentions upthread I gave it a bash tonight. Blimey, it's cheerful.

It's also really tight with you even really early, to the point that I snuck to a garage in the night and almost knife a dude who so far as I know is just another guy like me because I know I'm probably going back to a house with no food. I didn't and thankfully a trader came the next day and I could trade some stuff.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you really don't want to go around shanking innocents. Even stealing food when you're all starving causes half the characters to collapse with guilt, so killing someone would probably destroy half your camp.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't realise the moral complexities and my guys all rolled about in guilt when we raided some old persons house. Then because we couldn't give someone some food, another pang of guilt. Eventually after the third night in a row with the house being raided, the cook hung himself on day 19 and ended it all.

I've started again and not made the same mistake and having people actually guard the building when they're asleep. Initially, I didn't realise and the house was raided and led to mega depression again. I've got the combat trained dude, the quiet sneaky lady and the suicidal cook. This time we have two beds, a stove, a radio but a load of hunger.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've still only got three people but I've always had one sleeping in bed, one scavenging, one on guard. I've now got two beds so I can catch up on all the tiredness through the day. I've also been trying to stay away from any spots that aren't abandoned/manned by cunts.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...ame-confirmed/

If it ever actually comes out it's going to be shit isn't it?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't there a trailer for that like 10 years ago?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. Had Jade and Pey'j moping about a broken down car.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should really play the HD version of the first one they gave away, shouldn't I?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you play it first time around? I played it at the time and never since. No idea how it'd hold up now playing for the first time.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. I'd be going in fresh.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I beta tested (the original, I must have been in Year 9 or so) it years ago. Later on in the level you had to do some jumping over lasers while on conveyor belts. It controlled like such garbage I couldn't get past it, I have no idea if they fixed it / it made it into the game or not because it left me with such scar tissue I refused to play it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I venture into the world of gaming headsets. There's not a single one around that doesn't have 5%-10% 1 star Amazon reviews, do they? "This broke within five seconds of me exposing it to the elements." I'm heading towards a HyperX Cloud II but any last minute recommendations will be grateful.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy the cheapest. It's not as if you need to hear multiple 14 year old American kids tell you 'you're a fag' in perfect clarity.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Hyper X.

It's 'reet good.

I went through about 3-4 cheap headsets before deciding to just spend a bit. The Third Hard massive had to struggle through those first few.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Steelseries Siberia, never had a problem and they're comfortable enough to wear for ages.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HyperX Cloud's bought. Currently getting some biblical feedback from the headphones. Ł50.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else getting on Mafia 3? Should I bother starting a thread?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm undecided.

I've never played the first two and it never feels right just jumping in, however the adverts are selling it to me.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PC release would appear to be a bit bobbins so no, at least not before multiple patches and a sale.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the first one but it doesn't seem to get on with modern graphics cards. Or at least the first mission doesn't know what to do with itself.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first is better than the second but it's also aged like an absolute pig and has two levels which are absolutely awful (the first one and the race one) so while the second is the lesser game I'd be tempted to suggest reading the story of the first and play the second if you really wanted to do them. I will be playing the third at some point but not for a while I suspect.

This War of Mine is very easy to get sucked into because each day and each night doesn't take that long to play. I stole some food because all three of my guys are on the cusp of starvation and they all felt terrible about it. I've got some weapon parts but no means of making anything useful. A lot of the places open for me to scavenge now have wrong'uns in them. Not sure whether to take my knife to one of them and see if I can't manage some stealth kills. Otherwise I'm going to struggle for supplies.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've finished the first game 3 times. Never understood the troubles with the race. The second game I've only played once.
    I think Mafia III has arrived by now, I'll know when I get home next week.

Should finish Deus Ex Mankind Divided first. Barely had time to game lately and when I did, it was card games on the Ipad.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mafia 2 (PS3) was fucking brilliant. Never played the first one. I will be getting the latest one.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 'review in progress' that Walker's posted on RPS is less than favourable so far. I'll be interested to see how other PC reviews hold up.

Never an encouraging sign when reviews aren't allowed before release though, is it?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played the first 2-3 hours. Works fine on High graphics with my GT 670. It's presentation style is frankly, fucking excellent and shames anything else that came before it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The setting itself looks great, the music and the city seems really well realised but the graphics are definitely slightly sub par. Not bad enough to affect the experience but expect the graphics wankers to be complaining about it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's my first run at This War of Mine finished. Grim stuff. Started with three, gained two extra people. Two got killed out scavenging, two died of illness and the fifth nicked what was left of our supplies and ran away while she herself was terminally ill.

About the only moment I got to do anything even vaguely heroic was near the end when my last scavenger saved a girl from getting raped.... albeit by knifing to death the soldier who was going to do it.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this some kind of depression simulator? Why would you choose to "play" this?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's half base-building, half stealthy gather-'em-up. Being set in the siege of Sarajevo obviously doesn't but it's strangely compelling. The little victories keep you going.

"The Little Ones" DLC can get fucked, though. I'm not having a child kicking about with the labels 'Depressed', 'Very Hungry' and 'Seriously Ill.'

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Your child has seen and conducted cold-blooded murder. Needs coffee."

I watched a Co-optional podcast for the first time in ages and a couple of things struck me. 1) videogamedunkey's real voice is his real voice and 2) I can imagine Totalbiscuit's condition is a terrifying thing to see on a weekly basis.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Is this some kind of depression simulator? Why would you choose to "play" this?
    I think the same every time someone mentions Darkest Dungeon.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...download-free/

Might need to get in on that. See if it still holds up (if I ever get around to replaying it...)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played Firewatch this afternoon. I bloody love games like this and Gone Home where they're fairly easy-going but absorbing in their own way and take up a rainy afternoon.

The ending was a tad unsatisfying but I'm not sure how they could really have made it better. I thought there was going to be some payoff based on what you took pictures of and what things you took with you at the end.

Enjoyed it a lot though.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think people were expecting some kind of awesome thriller ending but what they deliver fits with the themes they were after.