User Tag List

Page 19 of 173 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just killed a cat in GTA.

It came running up to me and I started pressing buttons to see if I could pet it. One of those buttons turned out to be kick.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit late to this chat, but if anyone's up for some Golf Club online, shout - would be good to have a round or two with any TTH players.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am disastrously poor other than for about 5 minutes a round.

Finished my first tournament for TGCTours today, ended up +40 which saw me end up 97th out of 99 in the CC-E tournament.

Started well in each round but then failed miserably, it's crazy how mental the game is. I find myself pulling a Rory every few holes.

I've popped in some monstrous putts though, had my favourite yesterday from about 45 feet. Started out so wide before casually drifting back in towards the hole. It was incredible.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What platform you on Clunge?

Enjoying it though Mahow? Best thing I can recommend is watch the odd twitch stream of the good players. You pick up a hell of a lot. If I ever stream I'll put it in here.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    What platform you on Clunge?

Enjoying it though Mahow? Best thing I can recommend is watch the odd twitch stream of the good players. You pick up a hell of a lot. If I ever stream I'll put it in here.
    Yeah massively so, I think it's great.

I like it so much more than the old Tiger Woods games, this actually feels like a challenge.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Adds Golf Club to wishlist*

I always love a good golf game.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS4.

And yeah, I've always loved golf games too. I find them really relaxing. Plus, they were the only games my Dad was really able to get his head around when I was growing up (three-click method on various Tiger Woods games!).

TGC is definitely the best I've come across in ages. Hope they make a sequel with more features, etc.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get me added Clunge, DorkSirjur

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished Divinity: Original Sin yesterday. What a game that is, tremendously enjoyable. Looks amazing, the combat is really nicely done and the writing is very good if a little flowery at times. Most of the systems (even the crafting bits) are nicely realised, there's a lot of experimentation to be had with abilities and using the four different elements to your advantage. I've heard people both praise and criticise the sense of humour (it has a silly streak half a mile wide running through it) but that's right up my street and it still managed to be serious enough for the earnest story bits. Not sure if I'll do another playthrough as I mined pretty much every aspect, it's got a lot of co-op features that would obviously be better playing with someone else so that might be an option. On the whole though, if you like your rpg's definitely give it a go (make sure it's the massively improved Enhanced Edition) as this is the best one I've played in ages.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Get me added Clunge, DorkSirjur
    Added.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a pity they treat it as a showcase for the Poochie so often and in ways that aren't that fun (Dear Unmanned Drone Tanks, please fuck off. xxx) because generally it's pretty swish.

I like gliding about just to gaze in wonder at the cape.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For any golfers.

If you are using analogue stick thumb grips, take them off when swinging.

I have these:

Decided to take them off as I was seething that I kept hooking my swings and instantly my swings tightened up.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm bored now I've finished Divinity, contemplating trying to get into Rome 2 or getting Factorio. Pillars of Eternity is tempting but another sprawling rpg might be a bit much, plus it's still £35 (on Steam at least).

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Under £20 on Amazon for a hard copy, I think.

Best use of the Poochiemobile (I wish the random goons would find ANYTHING else to talk about) so far when Bats gets a dude to give him information by threatening to reverse it over his head.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not doing physical media anymore, there isn't even a dvd drive on this computer, so I'm happy to wait for it be on sale sometime. I'll probably plump for Factorio which looks tremendously complex but appeals to my OCD.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...r-bee-mittani/

I bloody love reading about EVE shit. No interest in playing it but these things are interesting to read about. Especially when you see some of the 'real world values' involved, if those are accurate (I don't really care, it spices up the yarn.)

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post

I bloody love reading about EVE shit. No interest in playing it but these things are interesting to read about. Especially when you see some of the 'real world values' involved, if those are accurate (I don't really care, it spices up the yarn.)
    You should get the EVE history book. It's a bit out of date but it's amazeballs

http://empiresofeve.com/

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No explanation needed.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read that yesterday, one of the comments summed it up perfectly 'Eve is the greatest game I will never play'.

I do like the sound of this banker chap though, he basically just decided to start a galaxy wide war to spice up his evenings because being a DOD contractor all day wasn't scratching that 'power broker' itch quite enough.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Rome 2 locks up every time I try to load a battle and I'm still trying to work out Factorio properly so I'm going to see how the old DayZ mod is these days. I hear good things and it can hardly be worse than Standalone.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised at how many servers there still are with reasonable numbers of players on them. Still some people insist on sniping from tall buildings like absolute chumps, nailed two in Berezino within about half an hour then had my legs broken by a single zombie. Just like old times

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The incessant blathering about the Poochiemobile aside I really am enjoying Arkham Knight. There is an element of "How the fuck did you get out of these situations before you had a magic tank, dickhead?" about it and the races and drone battles are excruciating. I like it as a means of travel though and I don't mind the chases.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back on The Golf Club after a month. Finished -26 for this week's Euro tournament after one round of practice after the hiatus. Leader is -53 lol.

Rusty as fuck right now.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing a tournament at one of the hardest courses in The Golf Club:

https://www.twitch.tv/darksoldierm8

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always thought Gears Of War was total bobbins. Never got into it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, the first was shite.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're all doing the 40 quid season pass now. Battlefront doubled the normal price and now they're all doing it because people buy them like fucking cock monkeys.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those two Poochiemobile fights against the Arkham Knight I just did were excruciating.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The incessant blathering about the Poochiemobile aside I really am enjoying Arkham Knight. There is an element of "How the fuck did you get out of these situations before you had a magic tank, dickhead?" about it and the races and drone battles are excruciating. I like it as a means of travel though and I don't mind the chases.
    I never had any issue with the Battank. Then again, I'm one of those persons that never had any issue with the Mako in ME either.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    They're all doing the 40 quid season pass now. Battlefront doubled the normal price and now they're all doing it because people buy them like fucking cock monkeys.
    It's awful isn't it, even worse than pre-ordering which is already the domain of the mentally ill.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patje View Post
    I never had any issue with the Battank. Then again, I'm one of those persons that never had any issue with the Mako in ME either.
    I would say I am generally, marginally, in favour. The Riddler tracks are balls, when you have to get back to rooftops to pick up the odd trophy it's a pain in the hole, the battles against the tanks are tedious and it being the solution to so many issues is a bit rubbish.

On the plus side, the controls of it are generally spot-on and feel nice and weighty, I quite enjoy chasing down APCs and I like having the option of that or gliding and still being able to travel quick;ly.

The Mako.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Magic Circle got played today. It's a decent game about games that I warmed to a little bit after being turned off by the one-note characters. Why it needed you to build a demo at the end was beyond me, though.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something about Relic and their handling of 40k never fails to give me a nerd-stiffy.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope that's more DOW I than II. I loved the base-building aspect of the first game and played them to death, but the second just didn't do it for me.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mostly agree, although I did enjoy some of the smaller squad based stuff in 2. Perhaps they could mix the two up and have both large and small scale engagements. Dark Crusade was the peak of the series for me, sunk many many hours into that across all the different races.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved playing as Space Marines in it. Whirlwinds

I was never that into the newer races they put into it in the later expansions as I didn't really have any knowledge of them from my time as a kid reading White Dwarf/painting models etc.

I basically just love Command & Conquer-style games.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Have you checked out 8-Bit Armies?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Have you checked out 8-Bit Armies?
    Not heard of it, but seems ok. Reviews seem a bit mixed. You played it?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not heard of it, but seems ok. Reviews seem a bit mixed. You played it?
    No, I didn't fancy it. Meant to be good though.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved playing as Space Marines in it. Whirlwinds

I was never that into the newer races they put into it in the later expansions as I didn't really have any knowledge of them from my time as a kid reading White Dwarf/painting models etc.

Necrons and Chaos Marines were my jam, nothing quite like an indomitable horde or zombie robots marching across the map. Guard were fun too, heck they were all fun in their own ways, I hope this new one returns a little bit of that individuality and differing play styles.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks seriously good.

Donning people on horseback My word.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was not interested before. I am interested now.

Third Hard Battalion?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Arkham Knight adheres to the Footballing Platitudes Rule of Percentages because I have supposedly completed 117% of the game.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So that ending to Arkham Knight was a bit bollocks, which is a shame because it probably had the strongest main story of any of the Arkham games.

EDIT: Maybe not the strongest, but I think it's about par with Asylum. The signposting of Arkham Knight's identity and then the wonky ending weren't great but then the ending of Asylum wasn't amazing either.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can't top The Bodyguard ending of City. I fancy playing through Gears of War. Even if it's just to tear me away from Dark Souls.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What weren't you keen about with the ending Welbs?

I seem to remember quite liking it, though it is a bit cut-scene heavy rather than the player actually getting to do much themselves. I think I mainly like it because it's 20 blessed minutes the shithousemobile can't intrude upon.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit cut-scene heavy and

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright. We're remodeling our house, so I've decided to use this moment to get rid of my desktop. It's 9 years old, has been having trouble (slow, sometimes blue screens) for a good year now. But as I do my main gaming on the 360, ps4 and ipad, I had no real need to replace it. Having to pack it anyway now was just the right excuse I needed.

My wife also recently bought a new laptop, as her previous one locked up hard (wouldn't even boot to Windows). The thing is 1,5 year old and more than good enough. I did get it to work, formatted it and reinstalled Windows and the thing works like a charm again. So now it's mine!

Anyway, first thing I did after I prepped it was the purchase of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth + Afterbirth. I also reinstalled EU3 and I'm now looking at Vicky 2 and CK2. Regarding the latter, what expansions are a real must have?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh god there are so many, they do fall into a few groups though.

Some open up other factions/religions to play; Sword of Islam and Sons of Abraham are pretty self explanatory, Republic opens up Merchant kingdoms like Venice. Then there's map/timeline expansions like Rajas of India and Old Gods. For those it's a matter of taste as to which areas/factions you might find interesting.

Most of the rest are things like song packs, unit skins and various bits and bobs that make different factions actually look and sound different. Obviously none of these are vital but they are pretty good (the music especially). If you get a couple of expansions it might be worth getting the corresponding 'flavour' add ons as they really do ad a surprising amount.