User Tag List

Page 13 of 173 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something made me want to post about Jedi Knight recently but I couldn't find any clips that adequately showed how awesome it was.

http://gfycat.com/DependentRecentAlbertosaurus

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liking The Witness so far. When Johnathan Blow said it would be massive, he wasn't kidding.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't even realise it was out. It's a wander-y, puzzle-y thing right?

EDIT: Far Cry Primal hands-on.
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...rimal-preview/

Yeah, I'm almost certainly going to like that.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PC? Bit of Co-op?

Edit: Just read that there is no co-op, ffs.

The bants we would have had at me somehow accidentally destroying a whole village type thing with a wholly mammoth

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Didn't even realise it was out. It's a wander-y, puzzle-y thing right?
    Yes. Imagine Myst but with a weird Proteus / No Man's Sky-ish visual look.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never played Myst but I do love that it can be beaten in under 2 minutes or whatever. Was that a bug or a Far Cry 4-esque "Well if you'd just done this..."

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its something along those lines. I don't want to find that out til I've beaten it proper which, going on current estimates will be 20+ hours.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I never played Myst but I do love that it can be beaten in under 2 minutes or whatever. Was that a bug or a Far Cry 4-esque "Well if you'd just done this..."
    Not a bug. There's a clue you can't get until very late in the game that tells you how to unlock a door in the first room. The end is on the other side.

I enjoyed Myst a lot. The first sequel, Riven, has the one of the best, and certainly the most difficult (but scrupulously fair), puzzle I've experienced in gaming.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunless Sea is free to play over the weekend on Steam. I'm giving it a go.

On sale as well, in the meantime.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dark Souls 2 I'm trying to like it but I think playing BloodBorne has spoiled it for me.

Finding it tough going so far as I'm so used to attacking as soon as I get hit which just results in me getting my arse handed to me.

I'd say BB is way easier than DS and I found BB to be the toughest game I've ever played!!!!!!

Got to a point now where I'm hollowed to 50% of my original HP being killed Tower of Heides is kicking my arse.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That area has a useful ring you probably need.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSN is undergoing maintenance on a saturday morning.

Fuck out of here.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just succumbed to using a FAQ for Dark Souls and upon reading it I realise that Tower of Heides is not the beginning area should have headed to the Fallen Giants place.

Twat.

*Edit*

This area is just as though, spent all morning on it and I am stuck by the area where the merchant hag Melentia sells you stuff.

This game is a lot harder than BloodBorne.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it doesn't funnel you well like Bloodborne. Doesn't help that the boss in Heide is easy street.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50% HP no way to regain my humanity and the last giant is one hitting me.

Last chance now start a fresh save and see if I can make progress as 8 hours of getting nowhere fast is gripping my shit.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're making me want to stream this again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who came up with the idea "let's punish them for dying" in a game where all you do is DIE!!!!!!!

I thought the frenzy shit in BloodBorne was a cheap shot but this......

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dark Souls 2 is way easier than Bloodborne. Just get up close and circle most enemies, instant fucking win.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    www.twitch.tv/shindigpsc

Streamed from the Cardinal Tower to the Pursuer. In this run I'm trying to keep the boss souls but there's no shame in spending them to boost yourself. Last Giant's fairly comfy although this wasn't one of my finer efforts. Explorers. Good for i-frames, shit for damage. Features me forgetting how keys work.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, if you die a bunch in Dark Souls, can you mess up a save beyond return?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, every death returns you to the last used bonfire. In Dark Souls 2 you go hollow and lose up to a Max 50% health unless you turn human again. It's a completely fair system. In Bloodborne you just die and resurrect at bonfire. Only real punishment is losing all souls (aka money) which can be recovered if you get back to the area you died, and after any death or usage of bonfires all enemies reset. You can just run past them though if you wish.

Oh also if you die before reclaiming your lost souls, they're gone forever.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, its nice to have death mean something for the first time in the series since Demon's Souls. I thought I'd be screwed but you can negate the health loss with gear and I wound up with plentiful effigies to restore it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had £20 in my PSN account. Dark Souls 2 is £18 on PS4.

I now own Dark Souls 2. What have I done!?!

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joined the cool kids club. Well, maybe the 'not as cool as Dark Souls' club.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I had £20 in my PSN account. Dark Souls 2 is £18 on PS4.

I now own Dark Souls 2. What have I done!?!
    Have you any experience of these games mate?

As much as I rage on this game and Bloodborne nothing I have ever played has even come close to matching the euphoric feeling of finally defeating a boss!!!

I think I am struggling with DS2 so much as I am so used to the combat system of BB and attacking to regain my HP.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalAussie View Post
    So, if you die a bunch in Dark Souls, can you mess up a save beyond return?
    I have, I don't have any effergies to burn my HP is 50% of its max and I'm stuck as a hollow and keep getting twated with one hit by the last giant boss!!!

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's salvageable though surely, you can go back and farm an easier area. You can get stuck, but you don't tend to get trapped.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, just stay under him and watch his stomp attacks. Farm for some levels in vitality if you need to.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I have, I don't have any effergies to burn my HP is 50% of its max and I'm stuck as a hollow and keep getting twated with one hit by the last giant boss!!!
    how 2 do last giant lol

Protip: Don't be a pussy with DkS2, get in close, circle and roll. Only retreat if you need to heal.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Pursuer when you get to him:

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you any experience of these games mate?

As much as I rage on this game and Bloodborne nothing I have ever played has even come close to matching the euphoric feeling of finally defeating a boss!!!

I think I am struggling with DS2 so much as I am so used to the combat system of BB and attacking to regain my HP.
    Played the first, was utterly useless and gave up inside an hour. Enjoyed Bloodborne a lot though, but I was again rubbish but at least had some fun. Did an hour or so tonight. Think I went to the wrong area as it was full of giant guys who beat me up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only hit the last giant for 35 each attack if I'm lucky.

Started a fresh save now as I found the short cut to the boss so going to have another crack at this.

@Mike I made the same mistake mate did you head straight to the Tower of Heides?

If you go back to bonfire in Majula and head right along the sea front and follow the tunnel down you will enter the Fallen Giants.

*Edit*

Well it was going well until some big dude got dropped off by an eagle and promptly battered me.

I'm guessing that was a random mini boss of some kind as he's not been back since.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just done that area. The boss is arguably the easiest in the game. I've found with Dark Souls 2 learning how to roll is key. I've got a shield but I've barely used it. Pick and choose your battles, too. The Old Knights are big and powerful but they have long attacks which you can bait them into and then scarper. Enjoying it more second time around but then they're all like that.

The Pursuer is a proper boss once and then a mini-boss thereafter. He's guarding some proper gear. Hope you learned how to parry.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Nope, every death returns you to the last used bonfire. In Dark Souls 2 you go hollow and lose up to a Max 50% health unless you turn human again. It's a completely fair system. In Bloodborne you just die and resurrect at bonfire. Only real punishment is losing all souls (aka money) which can be recovered if you get back to the area you died, and after any death or usage of bonfires all enemies reset. You can just run past them though if you wish.

Oh also if you die before reclaiming your lost souls, they're gone forever.
    In Dark Souls 2 you can. Enemies stop respawning after a certain amount of kills so if you were to kill a couple, die, not pick up your souls afterwards and repeat you could be level one and at 50% hp forever

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would take some doing but you could wind up in that situation early on. Although the bosses rewards kinda negate that, provided you can take them. Coming to this from Bloodborne would be iffy, mind.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    That would take some doing but you could wind up in that situation early on. Although the bosses rewards kinda negate that, provided you can take them. Coming to this from Bloodborne would be iffy, mind.
    Really looking forward to Dark Souls 3 that's why I'm determined to get into this game.

Totally agree with the point you made about playing this after BloodBorne though I find myself comparing DS2 to BB and find it lacking each time.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can cheese the Tower of Heides boss very very easily if you get stuck btw. Easy 15k or so souls.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree with the point you made about playing this after BloodBorne though I find myself comparing DS2 to BB and find it lacking each time.
    DS2 is easily the weakest of the series. Its definitely a good game, just lacks a few things that put Demon's/Dark/BB on the God tier level.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going much better this time, managed to get all the way to the first boss without dying was able to summon a npc to help with the fight and died.

Next attempted beat the giant quite easily, pumped all my Souls into my hp, str and stamina.

The Pursuer will take me a while to beat not even making a dent in his hp before I bite the dust.

Parrying seems to be a bit hit and miss so far, BB I had it down to a fine art but I suck at it so far on this.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to fight the Pursuer for 5 hours before deciding to do what everybody does against him.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most important thing is get your ADP to 20 as soon as possible. Improves your i-frames massively.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After spending all day trying to beat The Pursuer I come across a YouTube video of how to beat him in seconds.....

So he drops something I can trade for a ultra great sword where do I find the vendor to get it?

Just been whisked off by a big ass eagle to some place big ass wizards are lobing fireballs at me.

Really enjoying this game again.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ATS is going to release a day early.

Rather brilliantly it's because the devs can't be bothered to stay up late for a midnight launch as they'd originally planned.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After spending all day trying to beat The Pursuer I come across a YouTube video of how to beat him in seconds.....

So he drops something I can trade for a ultra great sword where do I find the vendor to get it?

Just been whisked off by a big ass eagle to some place big ass wizards are lobing fireballs at me.

Really enjoying this game again.
    Yeah, the vendor's in that level but you'll revisit that place a few times. That's one of the weapons I'm thinking of going for. After beating the Pursuer it gets a lot more open. You've got maybe 4/5 options for your next area.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So making headway now downed a ton of bosses and got a few areas open to explore now.

Bosses killed so far

The last giant
    The Pursuer
    Flexile Sentry
    Lost Sinner
    Ruin Sentinals
    Old Dragonslayer
    DragonRider

Got some sweet armour, a huge shield and an even bigger sword.

Although if I use them all at the same time I start walking round the place like I've shit myself....

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just beat Flexile Sentry. Would've beat him on the first attempt but got greedy. Going to see how much the Pursuer stuff is and then heading to Huntsman's Copse. Feels weird that I'm miles under the level I was when I first came through these areas. Liking my damage output on this +4 Shortsword.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think it's around 1500 Souls plus the soul token.

Was tempted to go for his shield but opted for the bow and the ultra great sword.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smashed another boss the Skeleton Lord, clocked upto 40 hours now on Dark Souls good game but don't seem to draw me in as much as Bloodborne.

I love the tanking class in games like this love soaking up damage but I think I've gimped myself by limiting my abilty to dodge hits.

Also picked up the drangelic armour which looks pretty sweet.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)