User Tag List

Page 12 of 173 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: General gaming discussion

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yakuza's 5 has now dropped the whole "Win the Princess League to save the orphanage" angle in favour of "Solve this murder."

Also, apparently The Witness is out this month.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still don't really understand exactly what The Witness is, other than it being a first person puzzle thing. I want it though.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone's still holding out for Beyond Good & Evil 2?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's still real to me, damn it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll come out when I finish Dark Souls 2. Took down the first of the big souls today. Lost Sinner seemed kinda easy but the lock-on and the darkness was an issue. Still can't beat the Ruin Sentinels but now I don't have to. Iron Keep is hell. I feel like now I should head in the direction of The Gutter. I keep wrapping back on myself, though.

Slowvbeef's started a Scholar of the First Sin run so I'm looking to stay ahead of that. And I watched DarkSydePhil's (Well, Sebastapol Queen's edit) run. The state of it.

"Awesome, I have a shield now" <spams roll for 100 hours> That's mainly the incentive. If he can force it, so can I.

Yakuza 5 continues to be amazing. Its dawned on me the 'Japanese GTA' moniker no longer applies. It's a Japanese Saints Row.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd think they'll continue to find ways if they really want to.

I won't shed a tear if it is true, though I'm sure there've been devs saying they believe the effect on their takings is actually pretty negligible because most who pirate wouldn't buy the game if the option to play it for free wasn't there anyway. No iea how accurate that is either.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it still only Just Cause they haven't gotten into yet? In any case it isn't the end of pirated games as the vast majority of devs/publishers don't go to the same lengths to protect their games and many don't use DRM of any kind. In a wider sense I think it would be a shame if DRM became reliably impenetrable, I feel like the existence of piracy has encouraged (or at least highlighted) other ways that developers have of offering value within their games. If there's less incentive to provide a better service then there will be some who simply won't.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It says in that article they still haven't managed to crack FIFA.

I haven't pirated games in ages now but like Disco says it'd be worrying what might happen to pricing if it piracy was no longer an option.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't say I'll shed much of a tear for pirates. It's not like Steam sales are expensive, even povvo students can afford 30-40 games a year these days as long as they don't absolutely have to have the shiniest new game RIGHT THIS SECOND which is just entitlement bullshit and can fuck off.

Finally ordered a new, proper gaming PC. It is awesome.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having a go at the trial of Arc. Beautiful graphics but absolutely shite on initial inspection.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought Punch Club earlier. Seems fun!

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Dark Souls on the PC has some odd item drops. It gifts me things like the Stone Greatsword and Shield and a Demon's Spear which I've never seen drop in my console runs. I'd go for the toughest achievement if I could ever get Priscilla's tail cut.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only just learned that Steam has a sequel to Vox Populi, Vox Dei (a werewolf thriller. Will be picking that up at some point.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more primal bonfire to go in Dark Souls 2. Maxed out my hand axe so I fancy mopping some stuff up before tackling Iron Man.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally completed Aliens:Isolation.

What a game...

Now lads, I've installed Dark Souls 2 and Fallout 4 which you recommend I crack on with next?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made a list of the games i need to play on the ps4 before the year i done

Driveclub Bikes
    metal gear solid 5
    Project cars
    God of War III: Remastered
    Uncharted 1,2,3
    Resident Evil HD Remaster
    Need for speed
    WRC 5
    Moto GP 15
    GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas Remakes
    Tonky Hawk 5

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cross Tony Hawk off your list; it's meant to be (and looks) terrible.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rich seemed to like it but definitely something you should get on the cheap.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm most looking forward to No Man's Sky and Ark: Survival Evolved this year. Both out in June.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...life-2-add-on/

I wonder how many people initially got overexcited and/or trolled with news of a "new Half-Life game."

And Hitman is going "fully episodic."

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...tman-episodic/

You'd think Hitman should be perfect for episodic stuff, hopefully they don't bork it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firewatch is the most intriguing one for me. I still have no idea what it actually is or does, but it looks so good.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its Dark Souls 3 for me. As much bother as 2 was giving me, I'm making headway and enjoying it. It makes me appreciate Bloodborne's balance but I absolutely caned some bosses recently. Shrine of Armana or whatever is next but my build is pretty much set so death's not a bother.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Shindig what build do you recommend for a newbie starting out in Dark Souls.

Some tips for a DS newb be great as well.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I go with strength, health and endurance. Add adaptability to that if you're playing Dark Souls 2. Anything that makes you hit harder, do things quicker and so on.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just started now, found some giant footprints at the start followed them round a corner and discovered a big old beast.

Said beast then promptly killed me....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a shield and sword now!! Off to get some pay back off that beast.

*Edit*

Maybe not..

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Cross Tony Hawk off your list; it's meant to be (and looks) terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post

Rich seemed to like it but definitely something you should get on the cheap.
    I rent most of my games now (Boomerangrentals.co.uk). Tony hawk is decent. I played the HD remake a few years ago. This new one isnt that bad. Its playable.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Got a shield and sword now!! Off to get some pay back off that beast.

*Edit*

Maybe not..
    Run round it and go through the door.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, just go to the first hut you see and start your journey. Those hippos are no joke. Try to get your adaptability up early so you can use items quicker and have a more effective roll.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    American Truck Simulator is going to actually be California and Nevada Truck Simulator at launch, with Arizona to come. Extra parts of the map will be paid DLC. I'm going to wait until they've got the country done and nab it all for cheap instead. See you in 2021, truck stop hookers.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone still playing FIFA 15 on PS3? Fancy a game.

Username is Davenblade

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just burned through Tales of Monkey Island.

It was really good! Obviously the puzzles weren't as sophisticated as the originals, and I was a little disappointed not to get the Monkey Island puzzle staple: reinterpreting an old task list in a new context. Although they did at least make a subtle nod in that direction within the opening sequence, which effectively kicked off the plot. So that was enjoyable. So yeah, there weren't any puzzles that particularly taxed the player, and none that showed the particular craftmanship which LucasArts managed to generate. But they were fun enough to keep me going back.

The gags were good, and fitted in perfectly well with the LucasArts games. The voicework was fantastic, and they didn't mess with perfection by trying to revoice Guybrush. Dominic Armarto is the voice of Guybrush, and you'd have to be particularly game to mess around with that formula.

A worthwhile successor to Curse of Monkey Island. With absolutely no games made in between the two, no sirree.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely maybe going to get back into Cities Skylines again. I've been getting a taste for it by looking on Simtropolis at the city journals of people with way more patience and ability than me, but I noticed that you can export a real-world height map and use it to import real road maps for cities

I'm going to redo Coventry and make sure that for the football stadium in the North, NO RUGBY TEAMS FROM LONDON ALLOWED

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone else ever finish Ronin?

I seem to have reached a level where the first part is impossible to finish with no alarms, silly civilian notices when her computer has been monkeyed with even if she doesn't see it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Did anyone else ever finish Ronin?

I seem to have reached a level where the first part is impossible to finish with no alarms, silly civilian notices when her computer has been monkeyed with even if she doesn't see it.
    Yep. I don't know about that one specifically, but there are a handful of levels that you can't do without being noticed unless you picked all of the improvements in just the right order. In particular, you need to be able to teleport back on command.

Annoyingly, you can't replay levels either. Still, I missed five or so points and had no trouble in the back end of the game.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's annoying, I don't have the decoy thing yet. I don't think it would make any difference anyway, she isn't alerted by me killing the guard only when she paths back to her computer and must notice it's been hacked.

Oh well, she's getting murdered then.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's annoying, I don't have the decoy thing yet. I don't think it would make any difference anyway, she isn't alerted by me killing the guard only when she paths back to her computer and must notice it's been hacked.

Oh well, she's getting murdered then.
    I think I remember that one actually. Couldn't crack it. That was one I missed out on.

Apparently it's possible, although I'm buggered if I know how.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just watched a walkthrough for that level and the guy simply breezes through doing exactly what I was doing but no lockdown.

The only difference was how quickly they moved into the rest of the level, maybe there's a trigger that only fires when the sprite is on screen. Either that or the game just hates me.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly think the game is more fun if you permit yourself a few lockdowns. There are two or three levels where, even if it is possible to get through, it's going to be a nightmare to pull it off.

I missed four in the end, and didn't miss any powerups of consequence.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm onto the Boss level with no lockdowns so far, it's very tricky in some places but I like that puzzle part of it. Slightly confused how I'm now not insta-killed by bullets but I'm not complaining as the level itself looks a complete nightmare. Do you end up rubbing out everyone in the photo (apart from you and your Dad obviously) or is this the last one?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it not possible to post videos on here that start at a certain time? Anyway, this video from a guy who plays Rust had me in stitches earlier. The music at the end gets me. Is this what all open world multiplayer games turn into?

https://youtu.be/dD-bJaDIESs?t=675

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had some fucking hilarious times playing with a group in DayZ, the mod was maybe better as it had that added wonkiness that could get you killed by trees and stuff.

TTHard should get a squad going, being totally shit is the best part.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm onto the Boss level with no lockdowns so far, it's very tricky in some places but I like that puzzle part of it. Slightly confused how I'm now not insta-killed by bullets but I'm not complaining as the level itself looks a complete nightmare. Do you end up rubbing out everyone in the photo (apart from you and your Dad obviously) or is this the last one?
    It's the last one. You don't take everyone out - just five. I really enjoyed the boss level actually; I've replayed it a number of times to get the most "efficient" win.

The reason for not being insta-killed is simply to allow for two different endings, depending on whether you're in the death countdown or not when you finish the level. Once you've been hit, you're still as good as dead. Although it's fun to deliberately take a bullet at the start of the level and then see how long you can chain it together (the counter resets every time you kill someone).

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Witcher 2 is free on 360.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No checkpoints on the entire last level, dick move game.

Senior Member Alan Shearer The 2nd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJay View Post
    Is it not possible to post videos on here that start at a certain time? Anyway, this video from a guy who plays Rust had me in stitches earlier. The music at the end gets me. Is this what all open world multiplayer games turn into?

https://youtu.be/dD-bJaDIESs?t=675
    Brilliant.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "We could be LARPING in a forest but there's not one near us so...videogames?"