User Tag List

Page 173 of 173 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173
Results 8,601 to 8,636 of 8636

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alot of this Microtransactions furore seems to be 'Oh I never played the first one' things. All of the things they're charging for like fast travel, getting out of jail, changing your character etc. were in the first game.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Just saw Nier Automata is 60% off on Steam (16 euros whatever that translated to in pounds). Definitely recommend it, one of the best games I've played and I'm not even into that anime-ish type of game usually. Replicant is also 60% off but I haven't played that yet so couldn't say.
    "We've got Nier Automata at home"

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Alot of this Microtransactions furore seems to be 'Oh I never played the first one' things. All of the things they're charging for like fast travel, getting out of jail, changing your character etc. were in the first game.
    Predatory game design 12 years ago is not a justification for predatory game design now though, even more so when they have been coming out with quotes like "we won't travelling to feel dangerous" to justify the relative lack of fast travel (which I have no issue with personally), only to then undermind their whole mentality through microtransactions.

In fairness, I do think it has been overblown, but that's also because the game launched with bad performance and the whole "can't start a new game" debacle on PC, which just compounds the frustration.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But it wasn't predatory then, its just 'youre not supposed to be able to fast travel everywhere, it's hard to break out of jail, youre supposed to be comitted to your character despite how hideously awful he is' etc

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Single player games offering solutions to problems they create on purposes via microtransactions are by default predatory game design in my opinion. It would be something else if they were offering cosmetics or some such (which I still find somewhat absurd for something that is not a live service game), but that's not the case.

To be clear, It doesn't affect me in the slightest, I can get behind the design philosophies of "the world is dangerous/you are stuck with your choices" and I will be enjoying the game (technical issues permitting), just as I did the first one, but I do understand people's frustration.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You get them all for free by playing the game!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I finished the game, true ending included. Obviously there's a lot more to discover (didn't get to the sphinx for example), but I'll leave it for a subsequent playthrough (or a ng+). The game is a lot of fun, but I have to say, it almost feels like a detailed remake of the original. Mostly similar story, enemies, systems and mechanics. Now not every game has to be innovative, and with how fun the original was, it still makes for a great game, but it feels like a bit of a missed opportunity.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 30-03-2024 at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balatro is addictive.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Balatro is addictive.
    aye its alreet

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/49...-2077-for-free

Free trial of Cyberpunk on PS5 and Xbox X/S this weekend.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve started playing GTA V from the beginning, having given up on the 360 when I simply couldn’t fly planes.

Firstly, figuring out how to play the “enhanced” Series X version and not the Xbox One version was mind numbingly difficult (Load GTA Online and switch to Story Mode, don’t just load GTA V) so I had to do the first few missions twice. Worth it for loading times and better sound though, I’d say.

Driving with anyone except Franklin with his special ability is so frustrating and will likely be the reason I don’t finish it before the new ones out.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno, you've probably got 2 years to finish it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started Forbidden West on Ultra Hard taking a cue from my Zero Dawn playthrough. I don't have that permashield armor thingy this time around so I expected it to be harder, but boy am I in for a challenge. The good side of things is that it transforms the big bosses into some souls-like fights where you have to time your dodge or you just get oneshot. The downside is that big baddies come with several smal machines with them quite often and you just get swarmed, so run and gun is often my go to.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    South Park Snow Day is absolute shit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feared it would be. Doesn't surprise me though as the show has been utter wank for years now.

Such a shame as their previous two games were cracking.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, the whole 'kids at play' motif has a lot of legs but this feels like a rejected episode stretched out to four hours. The combat is all it has and even that is horrific. I can't even be arsed to finish it. If you're going to give people AI companions during this 4-player horde mode, at least make them good.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played a bit of "eFootball 2024" before. First time I've touched what is/was PES since Roy Makaay used to bang them in for me back in the day.

Actually plays a fair bit better than I thought it would. I have zero idea how their version of ultimate team works so I just did offline friendlies. It could well scratch that football itch as there's a lot of bullshit that comes with FIFA/FC these days that I'm not massively fond of. And it's free, so if it doesn't, who cares?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, I just stuck with matches against the AI. It's alright for that, even if you do feel like you're Harlem Globetrotting against the same opponents. I assume they still give you players for the full calendar year, too. Makes it very easy not to spend money on any of it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I've no idea what's what with it, but might dig into it a bit deeper. I never put money into Ultimate Team so it might be the game for me.

For now though, the fight for Managed Democracy has me fully invested.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been playing Dragons Dogma 2. There's a 3.6 DLSS and framegen mod out for PC and I'm now getting anywhere from 90 to 220fps dependent. Glorious.

The game is fucking great. Campy, janky awesome fun.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bastard cuntfuck of a thing. Ante 12's boss is madness.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's pissed on my trying to get past ante 8 at 300,000 chips.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve installed Dungeon Siege.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recruit all the donkeys.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Recruit all the donkeys.

I'll be glad of a mule when I can get one. I've decided to play the Nature Magic role and presumably (been a while) end up as the healer. Just recruited my first person, a bad bitch called Ulora who's got an axe and a leather cap, so she's my first melee warrior, I guess. I don't think I'll bother with an archer, so a Combat Magic person next, ideally.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zed

Although I think he might be Nature too.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s the thing though, you can make them whatever you want really.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes that early it won't matter, recommend an archer at some point so you can use all the fun goblin guns.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's crazy to think that Dungeon Siege, Neverwinter Nights and Morrowind all released within 2.5 months.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t afford Zed. Will stick to the free mates cos only having two spell slots means I cba transmuting all unwanted items to gold.

Three of us now. Had our first DEFEAT and lost a fair bit of progress but it was good learning. Now I just spam heals during any big fights.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The official [232 page] dungeon siege strategy guide turned up this morning. £8 well spent.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even putting nostalgia aside, Dungeon Siege is great fun.

I've now got my healer (Baz), the smash-shit-up woman in Ulorya, some useless combat magic man called Gyorn and we've just recruited another melee chap, this one a little dwarf called Gloern. The latter twos names do my head in, but they look different enough (ones got a dwarf face lol) that Gloern can stick around even after we've just saved his brother from the mines.

I've just arrived at a snowy little town called Glacern, where I've two quests to hand in. Who knows where we'll go next?

Ulorya's got a badass green spiky sword that glows. In fact, she all glows cos she's wearing a +armor hat. Definitely the main character, while my sappy little priest just mashes right-click to keep her alive like a right simp.

Oh and we got our first mule, Mabel!
    Last edited by Baz; 10-04-2024 at 02:53 PM.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the thought of that beautiful grid based inventory is making me want to re-install.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advance wars is fantastic.

Advance wars 2 is a load of shit. They totally ruined it with all the missile bollocks.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being able to play all the characters in 2 is great.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Even putting nostalgia aside, Dungeon Siege is great fun.

I've now got my healer (Baz), the smash-shit-up woman in Ulorya, some useless combat magic man called Gyorn and we've just recruited another melee chap, this one a little dwarf called Gloern. The latter twos names do my head in, but they look different enough (ones got a dwarf face lol) that Gloern can stick around even after we've just saved his brother from the mines.

I've just arrived at a snowy little town called Glacern, where I've two quests to hand in. Who knows where we'll go next?

Ulorya's got a badass green spiky sword that glows. In fact, she all glows cos she's wearing a +armor hat. Definitely the main character, while my sappy little priest just mashes right-click to keep her alive like a right simp.

Oh and we got our first mule, Mabel!
    I’ve rescued Merik so he’s been assigned as the healbot and former farm boy Baz can crack on doing some damage with Iceshard, pinched straight out of Merik’s spell book.

At least Merik looks the part in his wizard robe. Everyone else is dressed like Kat Slater for some reason. Just hit 19 strength on my bashers Ulora and Gloern so their weapons have had a big upgrade. Should slice through mobs with ease now.

Gyorn is as useless as ever. Really should have left him in Glacern and paid for a man called Lorun to join us but never mind, on we go.
    I'm a twit