User Tag List

Page 122 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,100 of 8610

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pikemen in Valhalla were the worst. They have insane range and dodge a lot of attacks.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing back through God of War on PS5 and it is fantastic. New Game Plus, mopping up everything I missed on my first play through, which was on PS4 Pro through my old Sony Bravia HD tv. Safe to say with the upgrade, PS5 running through an OLED is gorgeous

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished off the main story in Odyssey, and I spent a little session today mooching around knocking off cult members. I really liked it, overall. I'd imagine I'll end up getting Origins and Valhalla at some point in the future. Not for a while, though. I reckon if I went into another one too soon I'd end up burnt out on the concept.

Was a bit lost for ideas of what I fancied next, so I've downloaded Detroit: Become Human from PSNow, to make a start on tomorrow.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Booted up Sekiro to check out the boss rush thing. Took on Owl and then it crashed. Uninstalled.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm thinking of maybe doing Spiritfarer next.
    This is fun. Just the right balance of management and other stuff to not drive me away from it. Even the busywork doesn't really bother me as there's a rhythm to most of it and doesn't take away from the relaxing vibe coming off the game. I haven't encountered a moment yet of YOU NEED TO DO THIS THING RIGHT NOW!, you just take your time and do stuff as you see fit. Add on that it's beautiful animated, has good music and good writing and it's a winner for me though I'm curious as to how long it is.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vercetti View Post
    Finished off the main story in Odyssey, and I spent a little session today mooching around knocking off cult members. I really liked it, overall. I'd imagine I'll end up getting Origins and Valhalla at some point in the future. Not for a while, though. I reckon if I went into another one too soon I'd end up burnt out on the concept.

Was a bit lost for ideas of what I fancied next, so I've downloaded Detroit: Become Human from PSNow, to make a start on tomorrow.

Damn son, I'm only just getting going it feels like.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, Athens is really impressive. It's not Novigrad in terms of ambiance, but they did a really good job of creating a vibrant city, even if it's a lot of surface.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Athens is great the approach up to it being able to see the Acropolis from so far away adds to the spectacle. And then when you get there and it's so sprawling and ends up in the slums, etc. it does feel like a proper place.

I think Korinth was my favourite city though just for being so pretty.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andromeda is done.

Boy that was a slog come the end, I was audibly relieved when the last 'planet' turned out to be an asteroid you just drive about on a bit rather than another map covered in unrelated icons that it's apparently very important that I go and scan with my arm robot thing. Not sure I could recommend it to anyone else unless you really can't live without some more Mass Effect in your life (and even then, just play 2 or 3 and squint a bit it will be much more enjoyable). I don't hate the premise or the setup of trying to support fledgling colonies etc but the implementation is garbage which you are distracted from by the frankly bizarre character models and facial animations that are always the worst thing happening at any point of the game (this must be why they left them in). The characters themselves grew on me a bit by the end (by which I mean they weren't all awful) but only until I realised the good ones are just copies of Garrus/any Krogan you ever meet.

The tank was ok and I've still never mined a fucking thing in any of these games.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the premise is really promising but even if what is there had been implemented as planned going to another sodding galaxy just to mostly spend more time with humans, Turians and Krogans would still have been enormously disappointing.

I think I found that I quite liked the squadmates at the time and they were really believable characters for the most part but I can barely remember anything about them now. Peebee was the thirsty one, Drack was Wrex but with some of the more aggressive edges sanded off. Liam had a sofa. That's about the extent of my specific memories of the squad other than what they look like and some of the names.

It's just a very meh experience. I also couldn't tell fucking anything about the story other than the Kett want to.... do something. Probably evil? I dunno.

I think it would have been more interesting if it turned out the arcs had arrived in the middle of a more even war rather than just some Collector-alikes being dickheads and driving the Angara out of everywhere because it just ended up being the races were all know doing a new war of their own while colonising everything.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you found out one more thing about Liam than I did, he was binned after the prologue and I reckon the other spaz from the ship is still waiting in the pub for his game of poker. I mostly used Peebee (although I reckon plenty would find her annoying) Vetra (Garrus with a sister) and Drack (pallete swapped Wrex). You are right though, the situation you arrive to is the least interesting arrangement of factions/species that you could come up with. It all smacks of this being designed to be shovelled out the door rather than there being some kind of developmental difficulties. For instance, it occured to me today that I still don't know what The Scourge is (beyond the obvious), how it came to be or what it was doing in the game in the first place. Add that to the lacklustre variety (were there more than 10 new species of anything in this entirely new galaxy?) and it can only be low effort cash grab thinking.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it would have been more interesting if it turned out the arcs had arrived in the middle of a more even war rather than just some Collector-alikes being dickheads and driving the Angara out of everywhere because it just ended up being the races were all know doing a new war of their own while colonising everything.
    On this bit specifically, there are so many ways they could have gone. I thought today how much better would it have been if the Kett (I'm capitalising it even if the game can't decide) had already enslaved the other species in some not immediately obvious way and was slowly spooging them into more Kett. You could then uncover this and take a side etc which could lead to all the other stuff and give you some of the 'branching' stories you see in the other games. Episodes of Star Trek have better premises than the one they went for.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't think I can be arsed with another "humans save the aliens from an outside force" type effort. I don't mind having the Milky Way races basically having to pick up the shit planets nobody else can live on but I just think if you can't do the evil race thing better than the Reapers / Collectors then just make some interesting new races who're in conflict with each other and you have to help resolve that, either stopping an ongoing war or maybe just stopping it from happening in the first place.

Or just chuck all that in the bin and make a management game about an all-Elcor Shakespeare troupe.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or a Blasto game, obviously.

MAKE A BLASTO GAME YOU COWARDS.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Athens is great the approach up to it being able to see the Acropolis from so far away adds to the spectacle. And then when you get there and it's so sprawling and ends up in the slums, etc. it does feel like a proper place.

I think Korinth was my favourite city though just for being so pretty.

Haven't even gone there yet. I have been to Megaris, Phokis (lol), Athens, Keos and Andros (really fucking random to end up in an Alien cave with high-tech but ok) and most recently Hydrae.

I have changed the leadership in Megaris 3 times I think . I enjoy these conquest battles quite a bit.

I've basically followed the story so far, but it seems like I'm now at a point (searching for the Mother) where it all goes a little more do what the fuck you like so I'm mainly doing that now for a bit, having just paid the biggest damn truck of a lady I have ever seen 17 fucking 000 on Keos.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    (really fucking random to end up in an Alien cave with high-tech but ok)
    Yeah, I gather the weird modern stuff is all a part of the series heritage, but it was so completely at odds with everything that I found it really jarring.

I also really got into the conquest battles. Reminded me of a less shit version of a Dynasty Warriors game that I played years ago.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Believe me, the much lighter touch they take with the sci-fi stuff in Asscreed these days is a total godsend because it's complete bollocks.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the people who did Streets of Rage 4.

Need this.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like basically a re-skin, but I'm totally fine with that. Plz do Cyborg Justice

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me an my mate still play co-op through Turtles in Time (usually through emulator, although I do have the SNES game lying around somewhere I think) pretty much every time we get drunk at home.

It's the absolute best. Such a fun game.
    Fucking Slash.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the people who did Streets of Rage 4.

Need this.
    So you will finally play coop with me then?

Still sad no one played SoR with me.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be up for some co-op turtles.

I claim Raphael.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They can hook that Turtles game up to my veins, or something

AC: Origins is £10.99 on the PS Store, so I'll likely have a dive on that, even if I don't actually start it any time soon.

I completed a run through of Detroit. It was alright. Seems to have a load of endings, but I can't see myself doing another run.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking about installing that the other day. I might get into it next week. I'm not in the mood for anything taxing at the minute.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I'd be up for some co-op turtles.

I claim Raphael.

Ha loser. Terrible range.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me an my mate still play co-op through Turtles in Time (usually through emulator, although I do have the SNES game lying around somewhere I think) pretty much every time we get drunk at home.

It's the absolute best. Such a fun game.
    Fucking Slash.
    Maaaaaan, I just had a shower.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha loser. Terrible range.
    https://www.cracked.com/blog/we-fina...-with-science/

Range counts for shit when you're as deadly as he is.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56320899

I reviewed Monstrum. It's alright but you can tell it's a student project. Very small scope but a neat premise that mostly works.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam Procter, pictured in that article, really needs to accept that he's a bald man now.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christ. Got enough grease in that fringe, mate?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long shot but has anyone played Phar Lap? Probably directed at @Shindig and him having to review any old shite.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, I've not had any horse racing sims thrown at me. Thank Christ.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spiritfarer done. There are a few busywork bottlenecks but on the whole I found it to be a pretty relaxed experience. Being a story wanker it'd have been nice to have some of the characters fleshed out a bit more in game or have them comment more on how certain things play out but on the whole I enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love when she does new ones of these anyway but this is a belter.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the mood so I've started Witcher 2. The pad I'm using has no R3 by the looks of it and the game was keen to say, "Hey, play this one easy." So I am. I'll play through the story, finish Gears of War 2 and then box the 360 up forever.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    I'm in the mood so I've started Witcher 2. The pad I'm using has no R3 by the looks of it and the game was keen to say, "Hey, play this one easy." So I am. I'll play through the story, finish Gears of War 2 and then box the 360 up forever.
    You aware of the whole thing with the second act?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fork in the road? Yes. I'll probably go with Roche because I've never liked Dandelion.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it the first time you're playing it? Both sides are good and genuinely very different so might be worth making sure you keep a save before the decision and play both.

It's still mad to me that they spent so much time on two sets of things a load of people won't see.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's my first time. I'll probably replay it once things settle down.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having binned FM21 I needed a "doesn't need my full attention" game so I now have two things on the go.

One is Phoenix Point which is............. fine? The only significant different so far feels like the free aim thing which is good but not desperately exciting. There is also an in-mission vehicle it gives you in the prologue that seems cool but I'll need to see how those pan out as I play more. There are some good twists on the modern XCOM format (you get 4 AP and can do things in whatever order you choose being the main one, I guess, with the free aiming) but maybe the issue for me so far is that the enemies aren't very interesting yet. Maybe once I get further into it and missions become harder / more chaotic they'll come into their own but I feel like at the start of the various XCOM games different enemy types immediately have their own distinct identity and you have feelings about them straight away.

The other thing which I started halfway through the United game last night when I decided I don't need FM back into my life (but also don't really want to give a United game 100% of my attention) was Yes, Your Grace. It's basically Reigns but as a more coherent adventure game. Seems decent so far, I'll be interested to see how long it takes to do one run as I assume it's meant to be experienced multiple times to see different endings.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit more Phoenix Point and it's growing on me now though I feel like it requires a level of admin that's going to grate on me.

When you recruit a new soldier they don't come with any gear so you need to craft their class-specific armour and weapon as and when you need it.

I do like the in-mission vehicles though.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody played Madden 21 much? I see it's on Game Pass but I've no idea if it just has a proper, normal franchise mode these days or if you have to endure some FUT-style bullshit.

@Sir Andy Mahowry?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody played Madden 21 much? I see it's on Game Pass but I've no idea if it just has a proper, normal franchise mode these days or if you have to endure some FUT-style bullshit.

@Sir Andy Mahowry?
    I skipped it this year as 20 was horrendous (Superstar abilities and X Factors made the game way too arcadey) and reviews seem to suggest I made the right decision.

They haven't cared about Franchise for at least 3 years now as they just want money from MUT.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, sounds like I'm safe to give it a swerve then.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played one Franchise season through and have absolutely no compulsion to pick it back up, I'm going to leave it for a while in the hope they do something with it or even someone else does. I'm similarly keeping an eye on the new PES in the hope I can leave FIFA behind.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest I think I might just be past the point of caring enough for games which are getting updates churned out annually.

It's a shame because I would really love some sports games to be into but it feels like it's not gonna happen.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    I played one Franchise season through and have absolutely no compulsion to pick it back up, I'm going to leave it for a while in the hope they do something with it or even someone else does. I'm similarly keeping an eye on the new PES in the hope I can leave FIFA behind.
    I think they might end up re-vamping stuff soon-ish as they're getting called out by NFL players now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fingers crossed. FIFA could do with the same, they made a big wow about the PS5 version having NEXT-GEN LIGHTING EFFECTS but the main one I notice is how night games in the tele camera have no shadows whatsoever so everything looks like it's floating. Still, lovely sweat effects that you never get to see

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would never watch sport-based game esports normally but I had to checkout that lad who won 100k without throwing the ball once. I tried to play this years one but it's a mess. You can tell they've just been adding broken systems on top of broken systems for a while now.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    Fingers crossed. FIFA could do with the same
    The main thing they could do with is caring about literally anything other than conning mugs out of money for lootboxes.