Page 133 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,650 of 8644

Thread: General gaming discussion

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finished Bugsnax yesterday. It's alright but it's not sticking with me. It's basically Pokemon with a conscience. Except they undo that with the twist.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hadn't spotted there was one so I shall go to that, though I'm not sure anything has been spoiled.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's very pretty.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes me mad I missed the window on the upgrade.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The textures on the bike are so awful compared to the textures on the surroundings. Makes the whole thing look ridiculous.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    October 12th for Disco Elysium
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two games on the go at the minute. System Shock on the easiest settings because the controls do not age well. Not as complicated as it looks but switching between WASD and mouselook is a bit of a faff. As is getting to stay in a crouched position. I like puzzles at default but that does nothing to detract from the fact I'm smashing everything with a metal pipe.

Control looks bloody nice and I can see why a PS4 would have bother. There's something about the lighting, particle effects and all that which just makes it look like it's pushing hardware. Then you see some of the character models being dumbed down (before being dumbed back up for the cutscenes). It's got style and the combat's pretty good.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I don't think I'd put Deathloop above Dishonored 2 in my Arkane rankings from what I've played so far but I'm really enjoying it. I'm building up a fun arsenal of weapons and abilities but still with plenty to go. The latest is a pair of glittery pink pistols which you can snap together to make an SMG.

To get that you have to do this quite fun environmental puzzle where to power the door to the armoury to open it you need four batteries which are scattered about the base but there are two rotating rooms which only allow passage to two different routes at a time so you have to factor that in when you're getting about and getting the batteries back. Could very easily have been cumbersome but once you figure out that's what's happening it's quite fun getting everything you need to get the gun.

I'm still primarily a stealth boy but I might start doing certain runs all guns blazing just to try out the toys. Anybody you kill will be alive the next loop anyway so no harm done, eh.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the best triple AAA games from the past couple of years? It's easy to find people wanking over indy games but surprisingly hard to find what triple AAA stuff is actually good.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remind me what platforms you're on?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PC master race.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    This is a lovely game. Feels like there's loads to do but it's nice and chill just mooching about building things. Found myself a "Paradise Planet" with red foliage and blue/green water. Started building my main base near a lake after some initial outposts on toxic/acid worlds. Made a few million farming/trading. Going to unlock the big Mech bastard soon and also working towards a freighter
    After failing to get into it last summer, I gave it a go after that new update cause a couple mates wanted to play it and I'm fully immersed within 12 hours of play. I thought it was quite a steep learning curve, although I also fucked myself by getting distracted and heading to shit planets, but after 6 hours gameplay it all started clicking.

In the second system I managed to find a moon with shitloads of buried artefacts varying from 200k to 2.6m in value and made 20m in an hour and a bit. Got myself an S class freighter for 6m with shitloads of room and most importantly a recharging thrust launcher, so now upgrading everything is piss easy as I can just buy what I need. It's a bit of a pain getting nanites in comparison, but at least that's my only real focus.

On the downside, I find the story missions quite dull and fairly repetitive but on the whole it looks like there's an insane amount to unlock and I love collecting shit. Great game; glad I mugged off some kid by buying it for a fiver last year.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    PC master race.
    RPS' best of the year lists tend to be a mix but if there's a really good AAA game they'll happily wank on about it:
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/best-pc-games-of-2018
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/best-pc-games-of-2019
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/our...-games-of-2020

Failing that I guess just see what sold biggest if you want to make sure your lists include your CODs and whatnot.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    After failing to get into it last summer, I gave it a go after that new update cause a couple mates wanted to play it and I'm fully immersed within 12 hours of play. I thought it was quite a steep learning curve, although I also fucked myself by getting distracted and heading to shit planets, but after 6 hours gameplay it all started clicking.

In the second system I managed to find a moon with shitloads of buried artefacts varying from 200k to 2.6m in value and made 20m in an hour and a bit. Got myself an S class freighter for 6m with shitloads of room and most importantly a recharging thrust launcher, so now upgrading everything is piss easy as I can just buy what I need. It's a bit of a pain getting nanites in comparison, but at least that's my only real focus.

On the downside, I find the story missions quite dull and fairly repetitive but on the whole it looks like there's an insane amount to unlock and I love collecting shit. Great game; glad I mugged off some kid by buying it for a fiver last year.
    Yeah, the intro/onboarding is a bit shit as the obtuseness of the story makes it, well, alien. But once you get your head around the core mechanics it's great.

The scale of it (and the amount of grinding/farming you need to do to unlock the top-level shit) is bananas. This Reddit thread has some useful nuggets

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Yeah, the intro/onboarding is a bit shit as the obtuseness of the story makes it, well, alien. But once you get your head around the core mechanics it's great.

The scale of it (and the amount of grinding/farming you need to do to unlock the top-level shit) is bananas. This Reddit thread has some useful nuggets
    A lot of that thread doesn't even make sense to me right now. Good stuff, though.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally finished Mass Effect 3!

All in all the trilogy grew on me the more I played. It took me a while to "get" that the game was pretty much all about mingling on the Normandy (and later the Citadel) more than anything else. It still felt dated in some regards, but by the 3rd game that was at least a lot better GFX-wise.

I played the last game as Vanguard as well as per Ians recommendation, and it was a hell of a lot more fun (the cerberus troops and the "zombie-reapers" in game 3 made for better cannon-fodder enemies as well). I did kind of miss some variety in battle and the enemies.

In the end, I destroyed the reapers (it felt like the most story-congruent thing to do). I had understood that gathering military strenght was important so i canvassed the galaxy and I think I got the "good" ending where Shepard seemingly survives.

My only big regret was that I had Miranda as the love interest for Shepard. It seemed a good choice in the second game, but by the end of all of it, Tali was definitely my favourite character (well, together with Garrus and maybe EDI).

What I really didn't get along with was leaving any Krogan out of game 3 as a partner. Basically - they replaced them with James, who was a placeholder character at best. Javik was great, though, if a little one-sided.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vanguard.

Javik is ace and so obviously a key part of the game they held back as day one DLC. I genuinely can't imagine a lot of that game without him.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was a quote-machine alright.

"In our cycle...."

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose I'll spoiler in case:
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hah yeah I did bring them both because I read some guide saying to absolutely do that

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bringing Javik everywhere plus anybody you think might be especially relevant (or default to Garrus if nobody applies) is the best policy in ME3.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now started playing Tales of Arise, as I read a good IGN review and, well.... I don't have that much else to play.

It's...OK so far. I didn't realise it would be quite so Manga-ish and so... sort of old-school-JRPG in its format. That feels a little dated now, and after having recently played FFVII which did an effort to seem more with the times, as it were, it stands out extra here. Like the fact that not all dialogue is narrated, for example, and that battles happen in a "battle arena", etc.

But I'm still early in and we'll see if I can get more vested in it with a bit of progress.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been playing a bit of Sunset Overdrive over the last few days. Can see it getting a bit repetitive, but it's a handy little option to pick up for a few minutes here and there.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive started an F1 2021 coop and done one weekend at 25% race length. It's fun. Difficult to control the car as in driving for Williams which is awful.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paid for the PS5 upgrade for Ghost of Tsushima and DLC, it is rather beautiful isn't it. Enjoying the haptic feedback when riding the horse. Then, like the payday christmas child I am I picked up Mechanicus for £12 which is a fun if quite challenging FTL/XCOM hybrid.

I was playing a bit of Darkest Dungeon prior to this but then lost a character on a boss and saw my arse

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up Links Awakening when it was on sale at the weekend. It's all twee and lovely. Tutorial owl is back but you can skip his dialogue. Also, I'm probably half way through System Shock now. I know how it goes but I never get tired of hearing audio logs along the lines of, "Man, this AI's sure doing some daft things out of character. Anyway ... <dies>"

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Metroid Dread is an absolute fucking banger.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, that's out now? Might have to buy it this weekend, even if I haven't even played the last Zelda yet.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to get back into Monster Hunter: World and finally beat the monster I was hard-stuck on when I quit

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    Oh, that's out now? Might have to buy it this weekend, even if I haven't even played the last Zelda yet.
    Friday, but the Rom has leaked so going 4k on an emulator.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear it has a painful final boss.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its so so good so far. I'm hyper-critical of Nintendo and think they're a shower of cunts, but this is outstanding. Cannot stop playing and will be straight onto another playthrough on completion.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno if anybody else is or has been playing Deathloop but had an awkward moment last night where the PLAN was that I'd lurk in the rafters at a party and zap a room full of people with the power that means if you attack one it affects all of them, to quietly take them out and move on.

What actually happened was I forgot to check my active power and teleported myself into the middle of the room. An awkward moment ensued.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Tales of Arise is somewhat growing on me, even if the complete Manga-ness of it all is a little overbearing at times, the characters are generally likeable and well acted etc.

Some of the environments are stunning, others look completely generic and flat. The battles are good fun and have some depth, but the variety of enemies is getting a little thin so far. It has this weird vibe where the story is treating some quite heavy topics around slavery and oppression but it's just all to colourful and manga-extreme for you to take it seriously, which creates this weird dissonance.

I tried with Dragons Quest [something] and couldn't get through that, but so far this is a lot better than that, at least, so hope I can see it through.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GTA Trilogy: link Includes GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas for current gen

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They repackaged those about four times now. They're just not good to go back to.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to play a bit of Mass Effect tonight due to Maz. Andromeda.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was it Maz Andy you played or a different one?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    System Shock is done. I really hope the remake comes along soon because the original did not sit well with me. The movement is improved with mouselook but I still have to deal with the rather open-endedness of it all. I couldn't have got through that without a walkthrough. Shodan's the star of the show but the soundtrack was pretty top notch.

I've also been play Hitman on the PS5 with all the updates from Hitman 3. I now have the Patient Zero stuff which I never bought originally. Hopefully, by the time I finished replaying it all, Hitman 3 will be back on sale.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Metroid Dread is an absolute fucking banger.
    Been playing it for a bit. It is good, but it reminds me of how shit I am at this type of game.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might use this week off work to finally play through Super Metroid. One thing I do like about Prime's map is how they basically stamp the map with where you need to go.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super is my favourite game of all time. Dread has just hit top 10. Prime is also in top 10.

As much as I rag on Nintendo, 4 of my top 10 all time are by them.

Completed Prime anyway, best game since Breath of the Wild. Best movement of any Metroid. Now onto Hard mode.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also now have Prime 1 and 2 on a hacked version of Dolphin emu. HD textures, 4k, and with a hack for complete mouse and keyboard control. Mouse freelook, no more locked into place to aim. Like brand new experiences, so good.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can recommend Mechanicus if you like turn based shooter strategy.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Can recommend Mechanicus if you like turn based shooter strategy.
    I've had that on my wishlist for ages. Might yet get it if I see it on a price which appeals to me on Steam.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might see if there's a PS4 version coming along. I've just finished playing a 'Game Dev Experience' thing from their PS Talents initiative. They've sent us a few Spanish disasters over the last few years. What can the Spanish teach me about game development? Turns out not a lot when their AI spawned outside the map and broke.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MHW Iceborne is so fucking good, but it's amazing how they managed to make the 3 big set piece fights the worst in the game.