Page 88 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,400 of 8643

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I'm having a lot of fun with Greedfall at the moment. It's just a really well put together little RPG. I say little, I'm not entirely sure how big the world is yet, but it definitely isn't small. It's the product of a relatively small developer though.

It's kind of like Dragon Age Origins meets Witcher 3, with a bit of a Bloodborne-esque art design thrown in for good measure. I mean, it's not as good as any of those three games. But those are the kind of vibes I'm getting from it.
    This is a "once it's cheaper" for me, just because of the lot of the reviews make it sound a little patchy. But you don't get that many of this sort of game. To the point that I started a new Dragon Age: Origins save the other day. Might not finish it if it scratches the when-BioWare-were-good itch.

The opening hour or so in Orzammar is immediately a more interesting set up than Andromeda's "land on a plan and the first aliens you see shoot you."

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Shadow of Mordor team is going to announce a Batman game tomorrow which is funny considering Shadow of Mordor was originally a Chris Nolan-style Batman game.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    This is a "once it's cheaper" for me, just because of the lot of the reviews make it sound a little patchy. But you don't get that many of this sort of game. To the point that I started a new Dragon Age: Origins save the other day. Might not finish it if it scratches the when-BioWare-were-good itch.

The opening hour or so in Orzammar is immediately a more interesting set up than Andromeda's "land on a plan and the first aliens you see shoot you."
    Shame about the quest on returning to Orzammar or wherever it is you stop the blight. I've played through the game several times and always stop there, it's just so bad.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't know that but given I have called it Arkham's Creed on a few occasions I'm not surprised.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    The Shadow of Mordor team is going to announce a Batman game tomorrow which is funny considering Shadow of Mordor was originally a Chris Nolan-style Batman game.
    Mordor Asylum. With a Nemesis system full of campy 60's henchmen.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame about the quest on returning to Orzammar or wherever it is you stop the blight. I've played through the game several times and always stop there, it's just so bad.
    What, when you go into the Deep Roads?

It's probably the grindiest bit of the game but I found it worth the pay off for the golem stuff (especially if you have Shale, and if you didn't have Shale then that's a big loss) and just being back there with your character after the opening stuff which I thought was handled well.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another boss down in Sekiro. I'm having such a good time with it. The stealth makes such a difference in getting from A to B.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Further rumours seem to be suggesting it's the WB team who did Origins about to announce a Court of Owls Arkham game rather than Monolith.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lame.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind. I think Origins gets more stick than it deserves snf probably got less backing than the Rocksteady ones.

If Rocksteady aren't doing Batman any more, as they claim, then WB will surely want to try and match their work and properly get behind this one. It seems to have been in the works on the QT for a fucking age.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind. I think Origins gets more stick than it deserves snf probably got less backing than the Rocksteady ones.

If Rocksteady aren't doing Batman any more, as they claim, then WB will surely want to try and match their work and properly get behind this one. It seems to have been in the works on the QT for a fucking age.
    Yeah but a Batman open world game with the nemesis system for each bad guy in the world is such a cool idea that I'm just annoyed it's not that.

In other news,

Remnant is so fucking good. Every time you think something might start getting samey they change it up. The AI is great. The shoot-feel is up there with Destiny. You always feel powerful as fuck yet death is only an inch away. The story is delivered in short enough chunks not to bore you, it offers choice in how you deal with the world. It's pretty close to a perfect game.

Anyone who bought Borderlands instead of Remnant made a giant mistake.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you playing it solo? I hear some of the bosses feel like they're tuned more with co-op in mind.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Are you playing it solo? I hear some of the bosses feel like they're tuned more with co-op in mind.
    A mix of both, when the crew gets together we play whoever is farthest back in the single player. Some are piss but some are quite hard. It's much better as a co-op experience though.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but a Batman open world game with the nemesis system for each bad guy in the world is such a cool idea that I'm just annoyed it's not that.
    I'm basically annoyed that everything open world-y isn't doing something with the Nemesis system.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Arkham games have been rogue's galleries by default. I might actually enjoy one with a bit more focus. Hopefully they keep it tight enough so they don't have to magic up an excuse for Gotham to be deserted for the 4th game running.

"Nobody's out. It's Christmas."
    "This part of the city is just for criminals."
    "Everybody left because a man in a tatty cloth hood threatened them."

EDIT: Two more mini-bosses down in Sekiro. I think ... I'm getting the hang of it but so far the fights have been fairly smash and grab. The stealth is so cool, though.
    Last edited by Shindig; 25-09-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I don't think you need to be cutting about solving street-level crime but it would be nice to have a populated Gotham.

Bet we don't get one though.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been playing Total War: Three Kingdoms. I did a fight that said I would easily win and I got absolutely destroyed. So I just delegate that bit. Anyone know if there's good/entertaining tutorials on what to do in that stuff?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still slow going in Sekiro. I think I'm fed up. I've beaten two proper bosses and about 10 minibosses and do not feel like I'm getting anywhere. I'm tempted to pack it in.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to the High Dragon fight after you've got Andraste's Ashes in Origins.

Thought I was gonna have to come back to it later when Alistair and my character went down really early but with a bit of healing from Morrigan and a crystals that made Shale 50% fire resistance I basically was able to slowly punch it to death with Shale's big stone fists.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm only now finding out the Kojima / Konami bitterness went into overdrive because Hideo funded PT using MGSV's budget on the sly. Whilst he was talking to Sony about his way out. No wonder they locked that place down.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been playing Total War: Three Kingdoms. I did a fight that said I would easily win and I got absolutely destroyed. So I just delegate that bit. Anyone know if there's good/entertaining tutorials on what to do in that stuff?

All TW games work basically the same way: Protect your ranged with infantry, flank with cavalry. Not played 3K but I gather that understanding what the types of heroes do in battle is quite important.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to the High Dragon fight after you've got Andraste's Ashes in Origins.

Thought I was gonna have to come back to it later when Alistair and my character went down really early but with a bit of healing from Morrigan and a crystals that made Shale 50% fire resistance I basically was able to slowly punch it to death with Shale's big stone fists.
    Are you playing a nice or nasty character? The evil options for that area are great, especially if you have Leliana in your party.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can never commit to a full wrong'un run but yes, if you want to be a dick (i.e. a Morrigan) that quest is the place to do it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the forest, my god can you fuck people over in the forest.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh is that where you can just tell the werewolves "Hey, you guys are alright"? I'm just on that bit now.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, there are several levels of fuckery to which you can sink in that one. Redcliffe is also fun but you're only screwing over a couple of people and the mages tower thing is a cluster fuck whatever you do.

Should I be concerned about how much I know about being a dick in bioware games?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean it doesn't really hide it's intentions. Did you ever read John Walker's Bastard of the Old Republic series?

EDIT: Also I wonder what the single worst thing you can do in a Bioware game is.
    Last edited by Ian; 03-10-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me it's the thing on Tatooine with the woman and the hunting trophy in KOTOR. Such a personal fuck you to someone (and their children) for no tangible gain to the PC.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only played the Mass Effects and all your evil in those games more stray into rogue-ish badass than tyrant.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making life-debted Zaalbar kill Mission is up there for personal level arseholery too.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget about whatever heap of shit game you thought you were looking forward to, idiots, and get this in your eyeballs:
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...isite-trailer/

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like someone doing Jason Statham doing an American accent doing an English accent doing an M&S ad.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But how will it compete against the Goose Game?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i heard the goose game is the tits tbh

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I wanted Untitled Goose Game until I saw, heard and generally experienced that Lumberjack's Dynasty trailer.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has the biggest saws. I'm going to start a new save on Sekiro for one of the other endings. I've made a pivotal choice and now I have to fight more bosses. It gives me a chance to see if I can blast through the early game now. Plus I want to see if I can get the canon bloke to kill Chained Ogre. I've noticed human enemies will fight beast mini-bosses so I could theoretically kite him around the level and watch the AI try to do him in.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS5 announced for this time next year.

https://news.sky.com/story/playstati...-date-11830739

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It begins. Also, I tried the Chained Ogre thing. You can't move the guy that far and the other enemies are friendly to it. It only works when he comes back later because there's NPCs around it considers enemies. Damn.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Sony Confirms New Console Name"

I could have let Sky in on that one year or two ago not a bother.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought my PS4 died on me yesterday as it kept turning off seconds after I'd turn it on. Luckily, it was only the power cable.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That GRiD reboot is a little thin. Other than that, it handles like the old one. Slidey.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still loving WoW Classic. I literally think about it at least every five minutes.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm leaving Dragon Age: Origins alone because while I'd be happy to rattle through the remaining story beats (the Anvil of the Void, Landsmeet, Denerim) I have absolutely no need to spend my time splattering all those genlocks again.

So still feeling a Bioware-y, Dragon Age-y itch I thought I'd go back and see how DA2 was. The answer is empty. The companions are generally a pretty interesting bunch and there were some whose stories I can only half remember and I wanted to see again. And I like the idea of Kirkwall as the main setting with time jumps and you see how it changes, etc. but it's just so empty and a bit repetetive. A shame because after DA:O's magery feeling a bit static I was quite enjoying being a slightly more dynamic magicker in DA2 but nah, don't care enough. Didn't want to get back into a zillion hours of DA:I and although I'm reading Mass Effect: Andromeda - Annihilation:- Subtitle (The Book) and it's getting me in a Mass Effecty mood I'm not diving back into that either.

So I've bought Heaven's Vault.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The John Wick Hex game is one of the best ideas ever executed absolutely terribly. It looks like a student game that needed another year of development.

I'm not sure everyone has the passion for the John Wick series that I do but here is me doing the tutorial level as fast and as John Wick as possible, I'll leave it to you to decide whether it matches up.

https://streamable.com/6ruwq

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe how inconsistent the AI is in GRID. For some bollocks reason, they give up six seconds to you in the rain but smash you by 3 seconds at night.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am enjoying Heaven's Vault very much. The way it unfolds the story is good, the translation puzzles are balanced nicely (it's very satisfying once you start to recognise stuff and get close translations at the first attempt), the setting / story is pretty interesting and it's just more loveliness from Inkle. There are some frustrations with how it manages the translation side of things when you're trying to solve them but nothing that's a major issue for me.

I'll be interested to see if it boils down to one ending or not because while there are lots of options for the dialogue and how you treat people, how much information you share, etc. it's not clear yet if it's having a direct impact on the story or not.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm leaving Dragon Age: Origins alone because while I'd be happy to rattle through the remaining story beats (the Anvil of the Void, Landsmeet, Denerim) I have absolutely no need to spend my time splattering all those genlocks again.

So still feeling a Bioware-y, Dragon Age-y itch I thought I'd go back and see how DA2 was. The answer is empty. The companions are generally a pretty interesting bunch and there were some whose stories I can only half remember and I wanted to see again. And I like the idea of Kirkwall as the main setting with time jumps and you see how it changes, etc. but it's just so empty and a bit repetetive. A shame because after DA:O's magery feeling a bit static I was quite enjoying being a slightly more dynamic magicker in DA2 but nah, don't care enough. Didn't want to get back into a zillion hours of DA:I and although I'm reading Mass Effect: Andromeda - Annihilation:- Subtitle (The Book) and it's getting me in a Mass Effecty mood I'm not diving back into that either.

So I've bought Heaven's Vault.
    Should've just got WoW Classic.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure grinding gnolls would have solved my issue.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hogger raids though...