User Tag List

Page 132 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 6,551 to 6,600 of 8609

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shield is good. I mainly use the bow though, since I suck at melee fighting.

I have only made it to the one after the bone hydra. Should get back to it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should stress that as much as possible I am spamming baddies by lobbing the shield at them Cap'n 'Murica style, especially if I've got a boon or two that buffs it up. The bone hydra stage where there are five of the smaller ones was actually easier than the earlier stages on my second attempt because I realised the key is to never stop fucking moving. If I'd had a bit more health going into that then with my Death Defiance I might've had him.

I don't mind the bow and the big spray-shot thing is certainly handy but I'm not accurate enough in the fast and frantic moments.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, lobbing the shield is the way to go. Fuck getting anywhere near hit range.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I just read a thing saying I should be dash-striking all the time. I think I barely ever do it. Certainly with the bow it seems too much of a faff.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes, I remember reading that. I don't do much of that. More of shoot, dash ten times to get out of the way, shoot again.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I managed five wins on PC before giving up to move on to something else. Back on it intermittently on the Series S (which is a lovely piece of kit btw). Spear is my weapon of choice.

Like any roguelite, just grind runs til more boons unlock and you'll have runs where you're ridiculously OP and won't have to think and still win.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is so much more game and story to discover, you're in for a treat.

I won't pretend I'm any good at the game, but I enjoy flexing my playstyle to fit with the boon choices. You can create some great synergies with the weapons and different boons.

Oh - and the game does get easier as you unlock powers and options. So you'll be beating bone hydra more often, and making further progress more often as you play.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got past Bone Hydra three times now I think.... haven't made too much of a dent in Elysium yet though.

Did have an amazing loadout earlier though where I use the gloves and got a boon straight away that healed me a few HP every time I killed somebody with the special attack so I was just spamming that and, before Elysium, barely losing any health. Megaera kept spawning useful mobs at me to top me up and one of the Bone Hydra's little mates he gets was doing the same so I was laughing.

Couldn't keep up in Elysium though. It's gonna take some getting used to but it's great that you can see the progress you're making in dealing with the game even just over a few runs. It's started giving me some different Furies now in place of Megaera which are a little trickier but I'm not having too much trouble getting through Tartarus or Asphodel for the most part right now.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frost and lightning is all you want. Super op.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got some handy boons to get me to Theseus and the Minotaur in Hades which is the first time I've got there. Didn't get close to beating them but I started the fight with too little health and couldn't dodge their attacks long enough. I'll be interested to see what the later stages for the two involved because initially it seems a fairly straightforward hit-and-run strategy, it's just that there are two of them and the minotaur charges all the damn time so you don't get much of a moment to catch your breath.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why Frost is so powerful. Stops that movement.

Also something to note, make sure to use all the weapons once as it unlocks more. Once you have them all you can upgrade the weapons themselves.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have googled Frost damage and I can't get that yet as I haven't got to the final boss which seems to be when Demeter unlocks.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got back into No Man's Sky again. They've put out loads of updates since I last played so going to try and "complete" it to some degree. At least the story missions

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May need to check out some other reviews of this because I was really hoping it'd be good:
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/gamedec-review

Some of the complaints sound like ones you could level at Tides of Numenera not unfairly and I loved that game so I might still be into this if it's interesting and not just wordy.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I managed to beat Theseus in Hades.... but not the bull. Didn't have the health which was annoying. Still, every bit of progress in this feels well-earned and I did that without even having happened upon a set of boons that particularly go together.

The biggest compliment I can pay this game is that when I finish a run I almost always want to just one more.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still playing it to unlock more of the story at this point.

I always try and knock over the minitour before taking on Theseus.

Favourite god(s) so far?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was kinda by accident but I realised I was doing more damage to Theseus so I just decided to get rid of him first.

Favourite gods... You mean for Boons or for character stuff?

Boons I just kinda take what comes but Zeus and Ares are good. Character-wise I kinda like all of them in their own way. Though Hypnos is a little annoying. Obviously Cerberus is a very good boy.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And with that, I'm Doomed out. I stuck Thy Flesh Consumed on easy and coasted it. My attempt to play Doom on Ultra Violence went south half-way through episode 2. A quick glance at Final Doom tells me that's no joke and the fact it's all in DOSBox scares me. Doom without Mouselook and with a very 90's native resolution? Not tonight. Not tomorrow. Maybe someday.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did my monthly Google of disco elysium Xbox the other day and discovered it got a PEGI rating (18) on the 30th august.

Soooooon…
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredible game. Loved my second playthrough of it just as much as the first.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    And with that, I'm Doomed out. I stuck Thy Flesh Consumed on easy and coasted it. My attempt to play Doom on Ultra Violence went south half-way through episode 2. A quick glance at Final Doom tells me that's no joke and the fact it's all in DOSBox scares me. Doom without Mouselook and with a very 90's native resolution? Not tonight. Not tomorrow. Maybe someday.
    Decaduple Doom is the way forward.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    It was kinda by accident but I realised I was doing more damage to Theseus so I just decided to get rid of him first.

Favourite gods... You mean for Boons or for character stuff?

Boons I just kinda take what comes but Zeus and Ares are good. Character-wise I kinda like all of them in their own way. Though Hypnos is a little annoying. Obviously Cerberus is a very good boy.
    Never miss a chance to pat Cerberus.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, every time. Fuck Hades and his grumbling.

Also: Feeling increasingly unlikely I get past the weekend without buying Deathloop.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made a start on Witcher 3.

Already much more into it than when I tried it a couple of years ago.

Can't stand the minimap with it's impossible to see dotted guidance lines, and it seems like it might be directing me to DLC missions automatically, weirdly. Also seems like I'm constantly under-levelled for missions, though I'm hacking lumps out of level 12 bad guys while at level 9, so maybe the system just doesn't work properly.

I'm enjoying the ride, though.

Also, fuck werewolves.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I don't think the level requirements caused me problems. I spent so long doing extra stuff that I felt relatively powered up.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DLC missions I think show up in your log right away. I'd ignore Heart of Stone and definitely Blood and Wine until after the main story.

Hades: Beat Theseus and Asterius for the first time. Got.to Hades and actually had him.to half health but couldn't see it through. Again though, the feeling of progress in this is the best I've felt in a game in ages. I feel like I'm getting towards my first escape, just need a good set of boons to see me over the line I think.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting beaten up by your dad for the first time.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, every time. Fuck Hades and his grumbling.

Also: Feeling increasingly unlikely I get past the weekend without buying Deathloop.
    so the way it works is every time there’s an exclamation over someone’s head you should talk to them.

For your gifts you should give 1 gift to every person and god each before using them on someone for the second time.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I know, I've been doing that. Shitloads of keepsakes I'm never going to use but the story is what I'm here for.

I just meant I pet the dog every time, not giving him all the gifts.
    Last edited by Ian; 19-09-2021 at 09:42 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got my first win with the fists. Only the bow and the spear left now. I'm chasing down the prophecies and trying to unlock more story.

Edit* And trying hard not to spoil anything.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nearly had my first escape there.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or so you think...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've resumed AC:Odyssey and I'm not sure how far into the game I am but my character's at level 19. I've realised that I have absolutely no idea what the plot is at all and I'm just skipping dialogue and picking the fightiest option when it appears. I'm really just going sightseeing which is still working out great, can't believe the scale of the world they've created in this.
    Last edited by wullie; 20-09-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hfswjyr View Post
    Or so you think...
    Well the fact that there's a reward in the prophecies for your first escape does rather give away the fact that when you do it you'll be back in. But I nearly beat Hades for the first time.

I also nearly beat Asterius with one HP when he started with most of his after I rather muffed things up when Theseus was alive.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I've got back into No Man's Sky again. They've put out loads of updates since I last played so going to try and "complete" it to some degree. At least the story missions
    This is a lovely game. Feels like there's loads to do but it's nice and chill just mooching about building things. Found myself a "Paradise Planet" with red foliage and blue/green water. Started building my main base near a lake after some initial outposts on toxic/acid worlds. Made a few million farming/trading. Going to unlock the big Mech bastard soon and also working towards a freighter

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As well as Hades I have also made a start on Deathloop. The first couple of hours or so are basically a tutorial while it shows you everything so I haven't had much of a chance to properly muck about in it yet but it seems fun so far. And the voice acting of the two main characters is absolutely superb. Better than most of the overpriced big Hollywood names Arkane usually hire and then don't find much memorable use for and both the writing and the delivery are genuinely funny. I look forward to getting my teeth into it properly.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hades is seriously addictive.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As well as Hades I have also made a start on Deathloop. The first couple of hours or so are basically a tutorial while it shows you everything so I haven't had much of a chance to properly muck about in it yet but it seems fun so far. And the voice acting of the two main characters is absolutely superb. Better than most of the overpriced big Hollywood names Arkane usually hire and then don't find much memorable use for and both the writing and the delivery are genuinely funny. I look forward to getting my teeth into it properly.
    It's great

If you liked dishonored and prey then it's more of the same. Just with the quirky time thing going on too

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First escape in Hades. Just got pretty lucky with my loadout etc. really but made the most of it despite it being with the bow and some boons I wouldn't normally go for.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop talking about Hades ffs

I want to buy it but I've got to finish Arse Creed Greece and I've got Far Cry 6 preorderded. So fuck knows when I'll get round to it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine not having Hades

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I manage.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's just what you're telling yourself.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You on controller or keyboard and mouse?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keybooooard.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also made my first spear escape last night. Dash-triple strike with a few dash boons made it pretty straightforward, which was great.

Ian -
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hfswjyr View Post
    I also made my first spear escape last night. Dash-triple strike with a few dash boons made it pretty straightforward, which was great.

Ian -
    Toggle Spoiler
    Toggle Spoiler

The build that got me through was bow with rapid fire also amped up by Zeus, Demeter's beam cast thing so I could just pop those down and chill him while I kept my distance and if anybody damaged me they got fully chilled too. But the really key thing (especially handy combined with the bow)was I had one of the Duo boons where my health would regen if I'd run out of death defiance. So I managed to recharge a DD or two before fighting Hades, didn't burn any in Temple of Styx and then when I was out of them again I could just keep dashing to stay out of his range and let my health build up again.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still haven't managed a single escape, but I've just had my best run yet, getting to Elysium for the first time.

I stopped button-mashing and that seems to have helped. It was mainly a decent run of power-ups, though.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still on one escape. Had some more close calls but I'm not beating Hades regularly. Getting past Thesus (the twat) more regularly though.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about we take the spoilers into the Hades thread lads.