Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And/or kill it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, I've been disqualified from my first endurance race in ACC. I went through the pits four times (two for manditory pitstops, a third because I missed my box and a fourth because the first pit I did didn't count). Then I was disqualified because ... reasons. Also, the game decided, unlike the other races, fuel wasn't a going concern. But I still had to refuel in my pitstops. And even though they animate four wheels being changed on the car, they actually weren't.

Fuck me.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They must have heard about your dog-noncing.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I've got 6 hours of Paul Ricard next. Punishment.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shindig.

Is it broken then? Been out long enough that you'd expect it to work.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Seeing as you've got it here are a few games I think you might like and won't struggle with controls etc.

They're all very different so take a peek, I put a mixture of action games, old school stuff, sports/car stuff and a card game or two.
    My controller is wankered so I can’t play anything. Don’t know what happened it, but I was loving Forza before it stopped going left.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    Shindig.

Is it broken then? Been out long enough that you'd expect it to work.
    I don't think so. I think it was just a little poor at explaining, "Hey, in this race your mandatory pitstops need a driver change, tire change and refuelling." The Paul Ricard one doesn't inform me I now need to pick a strategy. The one they've given me has 25 minute driver stints so I'll have disobey it to stand any chance of winning.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it has more to do with the real series having weird rules then.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last Of Us 2 was a bit meh.

Decent, but overly long. Big chunks that could easily have been cut out completely. I'm all for building a story, but it helps if I give a shit about that story in the first place.

Ending wasn't my cup of tea, either.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim Sterling's video on writing in video games being sub par wank is so bang on.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "In a world where game narratives are John Wick, this is Schindler's list."

It's John Wick. It is literally John Wick.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To kill time until I hurl a load of money at Desperados 3 I bought Unavowed in the sale. It's got the things I like about adventure games (interesting setting, good writing, good characters) without all the obtuse puzzles that require leaps in logic that I'm never going to make. The puzzles / quests have all been sensible so far, so I'm in favour.

It's pretty funny too.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've started the Shiba Inu 'game'. There's a horrendous boredom that permeates all visual novels and this one has genuinely awful dog puns.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still fucking about with Red Dead Redemption 2. I find it moves a little too slow, but at the same time as soon as I start playing I get distracted by exploring the landscape or go sit and play poker for about half an hour or so before realising shit what am I doing.

Anyway, I've also just read that Baldurs Gate 3 will "likely not run on PS4" which is absolutely breaking my heart. Maybe I need to get a PC...

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Join the Master Race, Maz.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used to always be. But with kids running around, I dunno, playing casually in the sofa is so much more doable. It's a pain having a PC standing around with small kids as they go and prod it and push the power button on and off all the time, etc.

And - I've become a tad vain - I don't feel I have a good spot at home to put a desk and a whole massive PC right now.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make one of the kids live in a cupboard and use their room as a gaming space.

That Harry Potter kid lived in a cupboard and I'm sure everything worked out fine for him.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been playing Sea of Thieves. Here’s a clip of me and my friend (clip didn’t pick up his mic so it’s just me commentating)

https://streamable.com/bm8bj9

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unavowed finished. It's a little bit "your choices matter but not really" in terms of how the final bit plays out, it seems, but I still liked it a lot.

Onto Desperados 3. Only had time for the tutorial and the first mission but it's off to a good start, and so far my characters are 100% hatted which is important.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UK government (the Lords, at least) saying loot boxes should be treated as gambling. Hopefully we go full-Belgium and ban them altogether.

Dunno what that'd mean for FIFA, mind. They might need to pivot their CCG to focus on that weird 'football' minigame that, so far as I can tell, nobody actually plays any more.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's all 3 Mass Effect games done.

Not bad as a series, although they never quite got the annoying niggly mechanics out of their system and it's probably at the wrong end the Bioware scale storywise. I seem to remember people griping about the end of the third game but I couldn't quite see why (unless it was the super-dumb 'maybe you're not dead' sting at the end), the second had far more frustrating railroading and annoying characters that I was never going to care about.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it was the wild expectation that choices should matter and the starchild's 'which coloured door do you want?' pissed them off. Nerd moaning, mostly.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There felt like plenty of choices that mattered, certainly leading up to that point, I've only seen the ending I chose but I assume you just get a slightly different cut-scene (you know, like in all videogames ever and presumably the first two games). The Geth/Quarian choice and the Krogan/Salarian thing that seemed like they could go various ways depending on what you'd done previously plus all the extra stuff that (I assume, I don't plan to play them again to find out) affects who survives and who turns up to help at the end.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, they tie things up. I feel whenever a game ending is moaned about, it's because the ending they were given is different to their head cannon / fan fiction. See MGSV, Last of Us 2, etc.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't MGSV have grampas fist fighting on a battleship? How do you better that?

I can somewhat sympathise with that sort of thing though, ME2 pissed me off a few times as it seemed to think I should trust someone who lived in the space equivalent of a hollowed out volcano and had already been outed as a proper wrong'un.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was MGS4. MGSV was "Surprise, you're not Big Boss after all!"

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck off Kojima is such a hack, as if that was ever in doubt.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He needed a way to get retcon one of Big Boss' many deaths. "A-ha, you didn't kill the real one in first game! SMART!"

EDIT: That Visual novel about dogs is done. Summer with the Shibu Inu, it's called. I'll say this: Nothing about it is creepy. It's just a normal story that could've been told with people but they went with dogs so they could deliver some genuinely awful dog puns. Felt a bit like a slog, though. Glad it's over.
    Last edited by Shindig; 02-07-2020 at 08:34 PM.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahn’Qiraj coming to WoW Classic on July 28th. It triggers a massive event where both factions on the server must turn in items and complete quests (an absolute ton of work) and originally it took EU servers 7 days to do it. Genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if it was less than half that on Classic.

Can’t wait anyway. I’ve no intention to get involved in the war effort but will definitely try to raid the 20 man and 40 man version of AQ. When they introduced Zul’Gurub, the excitement quickly died off cos there was no really good loot that was introduced with it, but AQ is a whole new ballgame. Sooo much loot, sooo many difficult boss mechanics, can’t wait.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure on the ins and outs of it but a Twitter account @watchbrime recently teased about a new streaming platform to rival Twitch/mixer, rumoured to be started by some top streamers like Dr Disrespect. Cue me having watchbrime.com open in a tab to try to reserve my username, although the Twitter account insisted it was just a code amen and it wouldn’t be called BRIME.

Anyway, just randomly checked the tab - it was previously a default parked domain page - and whoever registered it has now put a message on saying he managed to get the domain and if there was any serious thought or effort being put into this new streaming platform, they’d have planned ahead further than just a Twitter account.

It’s here: https://watchbrime.com/

Toggle Spoiler

Fun and games.

Although there is supposedly another new one in the works called Compose, which is on Twitter too @WatchCompose. Who knows though.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I await news of them folding in a year or so.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might explain what Dr. Disrespect got the boot for.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That rumour is completely fake and just his fan boys making up excuses for their fav being problematic.

It falls apart the moment you factor in Discord banning him too.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The idea of being a "fan" of some YouTube dickhead is one of those things that is just beyond me getting my head around

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Horizon Zero Dawn is on Steam for pre purchase and £27.99.

Get on it if you haven't played it. Releases beginning of August.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    That rumour is completely fake and just his fan boys making up excuses for their fav being problematic.

It falls apart the moment you factor in Discord banning him too.
    Haven't his GIFs been scrubbed too?

At this stage it has to be noncing.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either that or he was plugging someone behind his wife's back again. Or his endorsement of David Icke's conspiracy theories got him pulled. It's a fascinating to see what floats on twitch and youtube.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The end of his last stream was interesting. He was going along as normal and then pulls his phone out to read a message. From when he reads it his mood completely changes. He seems like he's almost holding back tears and goes a bit rambly and nervous. He then goes on about David Icke(yells WAKE UP) and puts a random Roblox video on.

Sits there clearly processing whatever said message told him before he says Fuck and then cuts.

Felt very much like a guy who'd just been told it was all over. His sponsors as yet haven't dropped him so it's either going away or it's a contract dispute with Twitch over something.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't get binned for relationship strife, that would be lawsuit central. I don't really know who the guy is but it smells very strongly of him being conclusively me too-ed.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...e-played-today

I don't know who this cunt is but I hate him on sight and his bland opinions.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's got a hat though, what have you got?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two hats.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone played Through the Darkest of Times?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Onto Desperados 3. Only had time for the tutorial and the first mission but it's off to a good start, and so far my characters are 100% hatted which is important.
    Loving this, as expected. It's cool that compared to Shadow Tactics they've made open combat way more of an option, as you'd hope for a cowboy game. I haven't done many shootouts but I'd be tempted to do a different run where I played more gunslingery.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished Last of Us 2. Loved it, it was really more of the same with a lick of paint which was fine by me although it had that RDR2 thing where I thought the game was finished but you've got about three hours still to go so I ended up rushing a bit just to get it done. I avoided all the spoilers apart from a) you go to Seattle and b) something in it made right wing dickheads shit their beds.

The Seattle part was a mix in that you see the Space Needle briefly but don't get tofart about on it, but the Seahawks stadium was done better in post-apocalypse than EA Sports manage across two franchises.

Don't know what part it was that made the idiots scream about SJWs and threaten everyone in sight though

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if it's not shit enough working for Naughty Dog in the first place.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's mostly the trans stuff and the fact there's a buff woman.

Some of the complaints about the writing is legit, though. Teen kid Ellie had a much better personality. New Ellie is angry and boring.
    Last edited by Shindig; 07-07-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My biggest issue with the writing is that they made so many of them thick, particularly leaving a map behind with OUR BASES IS CIRCLED HERE

Abby is pure beef, I read that people assumed she was trans and immediately threw the Metacritic 0s at a game they hadn't played. I didn't realise until afterwards that the actual trans character was such, I spent so much time shitting it waiting for something to jump at me that I missed a lot of the dialogue.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's the gist of it. The dumb characters is really annoying to me. It runs all the way to the end and just makes me think they were contriving ways to get people characters in positions.