User Tag List

Thread: Undertale

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Undertale

I know some of you have played it.

I'm trying to get into it a second time, but I just can't. I find myself totally exhausted by the fact that every single random encounter is a moral choice. I know that every enemy will give up without a fight, but doing so means I don't get experience, so I get the same paltry health bar for the entire game. And I know that showing mercy is explicitly the moral act, which means that killing them when they turn yellow is explicitly a cruel thing to do.

I honestly find the game mentally exhausting. If the combat were fun, I'd follow through with it, but I've never liked bullet-hell games, so making the combat a bullet-hell-lite means that I don't enjoy it at all.

Am I doing something wrong? I think this game might just not be for me.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm giving it a third try now, but with a Monster Sparing Guide to hand. That way I can just get through the bullet hell sequences with as minimal fuss as possible.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm now about three-quarters of the way through, and I just cannot for the life of me see what the fuss is about.

Going by Metacritic, this is supposed to be one of the all-time great games, and it just really isn't.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The much-vaunted story seems to entirely occur as an exposition dump in the last area. I have no idea where this game gets its reputation.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will probably be picking this up el cheapo in the sale so I shall join you to discuss in the near-ish future, Ital.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalAussie View Post
    The much-vaunted story seems to entirely occur as an exposition dump in the last area. I have no idea where this game gets its reputation.
    It very much seems to be like when Napoleon Dynamite was the biggest movie in the world. The OST however is phenomenal.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played the opening of this before up to the save point after you meet the skeleton brothers. They made me laugh.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're the brightest spot of the game, I think.