User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rate Your 2015

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll do this in a couple days.

What are you writing, Jimmy? I ended up randomly on "I, Cristiano" the other day and got sad that capitalism had seemingly ground that impulse out of you (because you were genuinely good), so it's good to hear.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops, I couldn't resist. Last year's:

Toggle Spoiler

This year's [WARNING: Long and boring]:

Toggle Spoiler

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link the thread for last please.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonsky View Post
    I'll do this in a couple days.

What are you writing, Jimmy? I ended up randomly on "I, Cristiano" the other day and got sad that capitalism had seemingly ground that impulse out of you (because you were genuinely good), so it's good to hear.
    Oh nothing much. In my teens I was possibly half decent I think, but adulthood is designed to suck the creativity and imagination out of you.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Oh nothing much. In my teens I was possibly half decent I think, but adulthood is designed to suck the creativity and imagination out of you.
    Spot on. I loved writing as a kid and did it very well. Almost all the praise I got at school was because of it. My line of work has completely ruined what ability I had. Everything is now business-like and to the point.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My year has been indifferent.

It started off really badly when I got the worst company car I could have envisaged, so I moaned for a few weeks and ended up getting various different pool cars until they made my boss give me his (lol). I was so unhappy at that point with how much I was working in early January I started making the sort of noises a disgruntled employee usually makes to his boss. The message was obviously loud and clear because I got a 5k payrise not long after. I've worked on a few big projects this year and feel absolutely confident in my role, they know this and are making the most of it. My workload can be very intense. I'm just miserable at how much it can ebb and flow, from doing fuck all to 16 hour days. I've made a lot of social connections through work this year though, from feeling like a remote nobody to a central part of #BANTZ. I class this as an achievement given the 3 hour journey time.

This year has been the worst year of marriage to date, we've had several 'talks' and walk outs and threats to leave, I guess the only reason we're still together is our wonderful child. Nothing much to say here, really. Life is hard.

Nothing notable has really happened, we're in the same house, we've done a few bits here and there. No holidays (apart from Blackpool, which was awesome in fairness). No nothing. Just the same relentless shit each day.

Still, nobody has died/is dying so I take huge solace in that fact.

4/10.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Spot on. I loved writing as a kid and did it very well. Almost all the praise I got at school was because of it. My line of work has completely ruined what ability I had. Everything is now business-like and to the point.
    I'd suggest a local writing group if you're at all interested in it. One in Leeds meets every fortnight and each person reads 1000 words or so, with a suggested topic each time. Obviously you don't have to write anything but it's a great motivator once you get used to sharing it with people. Sharing it and getting feedback has been great too. Some of the people are a bit weird but you often get that with writers.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found 2014:

Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Highs:

• Got a new job doing what I want to do (though it's fast becoming a low recently)
    • Sold and moved in to our new dream house in our dream (catchment) area
    • Seeing my daughter come on leaps and bounds, that's by far the best high

Lows:

• All my highs are overshadowed as you all know by the loss of my grandfather
    • Really struggling financially with all the big bills
    • Lost my office buddies from my old job (though I still keep in touch)

Rating:

I am really struggling to give this a 5/10, it's been a really good year for me personally but it just feels shit.

My year has been indifferent.

It started off really badly when I got the worst company car I could have envisaged, so I moaned for a few weeks and ended up getting various different pool cars until they made my boss give me his (lol). I was so unhappy at that point with how much I was working in early January I started making the sort of noises a disgruntled employee usually makes to his boss. The message was obviously loud and clear because I got a 5k payrise not long after. I've worked on a few big projects this year and feel absolutely confident in my role, they know this and are making the most of it. My workload can be very intense. I'm just miserable at how much it can ebb and flow, from doing fuck all to 16 hour days. I've made a lot of social connections through work this year though, from feeling like a remote nobody to a central part of #BANTZ. I class this as an achievement given the 3 hour journey time.

This year has been the worst year of marriage to date, we've had several 'talks' and walk outs and threats to leave, I guess the only reason we're still together is our wonderful child. Nothing much to say here, really. Life is hard.

Nothing notable has really happened, we're in the same house, we've done a few bits here and there. No holidays (apart from Blackpool, which was awesome in fairness). No nothing. Just the same relentless shit each day.

Still, nobody has died/is dying so I take huge solace in that fact.

4/10.
    It's little surprise it's been a shit year with all that last year, I can't see 2016 being any better though we are re-mortgaging in March which should reduce our payments by at least £150 which might allow us a small holiday.

And here is 2009:

Positives:

Moved into my first flat with my now fiance.
    Passed my college course with flying colours.
    Got engaged.
    Finally got a career path I'm happy with.
    Peaked with the band playing in front of 20,000 people.
    Made some new friends.

Lows:

The 5 month period I spent in temp work looking for a proper job.
    Lost pretty much all my friends due to the above, I've totally changed my drug taking, drinking lifestyle for the better.

That's about it. Been a cracking year.

9/10
    How life changes!

Thread link: http://thedugout.tv/community/showth...highlight=rate

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The link to last year was in the opening post.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes and that's the link to 2009 you feminine bald cunt.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, and Foe was referring to this:

Link the thread for last please.
    I did have a sad lol at "Got engaged."

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah and I found it before he posted that with my actual post from the thread.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but... *becomes Toby*

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lolled.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to rate my year. On the whole I give it 8/10. I think I could look back on it and see it is a one of this important years where loads of shit happened but where it's generally worked out for the best. One where I've grown and learned a fuck ton. The last one of those was 2010. If I get with this lass I'm seeing properly before December is out then that would push it to 9/10, pushing a perfect score, because the year began with the end of a relationship so it'd be symmetrical or some shit, which scores extra.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Briefly:

- Got a job as a teacher at my first choice school.
    - Graduated with a First.
    - First term as an NQT has gone well.
    - Saw a bit more of Europe in the Croatian coastline, Bosnia, Madrid, Barcelona and Sorrento.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that sounds like an 8 at least. I'd love to visit the Balkans.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought a new car as a treat which was a nice little pleasure too. Yeah probably about an 8, could still do with sorting a few things.

The Balkan bits I've been to are great. Slovenia (if it counts) is beautiful, as is the Croatian coastline and Dubrovnik in particular. Zagreb's worth a flying visit. There are some great historical places to visit in Bosnia, and though I haven't been, Montenegro's meant to be nice and there are parts of Albania and Serbia I'd like to see.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Yes. Its all about money at some point.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been good.

Big adjustment with no more Mrs Yev, but I'm finding single life very agreeable at the moment and she seems happy when I last saw her so all good.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post
    Bought a new car as a treat which was a nice little pleasure too. Yeah probably about an 8, could still do with sorting a few things.

The Balkan bits I've been to are great. Slovenia (if it counts) is beautiful, as is the Croatian coastline and Dubrovnik in particular. Zagreb's worth a flying visit. There are some great historical places to visit in Bosnia, and though I haven't been, Montenegro's meant to be nice and there are parts of Albania and Serbia I'd like to see.
    I was asking my dad about my mum and his journey to the Balkans in the mid-80s, all I really got was 'your mother started the bloody war' but he was telling me they went to Mostar, Dubrovnik, Albania, Montenegro. I was gobsmacked, really. I've only ever known it as a total shithole from the war when I was a kid. Really interesting stuff.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was shaping up to be a good year, as the last few have been, really. However, the last couple of months have been absolutely shocking. Two family deaths, shit at work, couple of other things - one in particular, which I'm not going to elaborate on (sorry), is absolutely horrific and I hope as few people as possible have to go through something similar. Still, these testing times are the making of us. Hopefully there's nothing else on the horizon for a while now.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I became Dr Lewis in April, and I've had no job interviews since. I'll say 3/10.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Positives:

I can't think of a better moment (or any other, for that matter) than Iceland qualifying for Euro 2016. Seeing my own nation do well at my favourite sport for once in my life is a pretty good feeling and watching them play in a major tournament next year is going to be incredible. I was lucky enough to attend several of the games and seeing us beat the Netherlands at the Amsterdam Arena was the cherry on top. I hope I'll be able to go to the Euros next year but I doubt it.

Negatives:

There hasn't been a major negative incident this year (which bucks the trend) but I am still malcontent with my life. I'm not depressed (in my opinion at least) but it feels like I have made no progression for the past three or four years and being stuck in a rut is terrible. I'm indifferent about my academic performance which is evident from the grades that I'm getting and I have no idea what I am going to do after I finish this useless degree. Well, actually I do have an idea, but the thought of going into teaching is so macabre that I try to avoid it.

As far as other things go, I'm still functionally retarded when it comes to social scenarios and I'm plagued with anxiety issues. It feels like I speak less and less to my two best friends after they got girlfriends and it's pretty shit. Needless to say, I'm still single and I don't envision that changing in the near future.

Let's give this year a 6/10.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was asking my dad about my mum and his journey to the Balkans in the mid-80s, all I really got was 'your mother started the bloody war' but he was telling me they went to Mostar, Dubrovnik, Albania, Montenegro. I was gobsmacked, really. I've only ever known it as a total shithole from the war when I was a kid. Really interesting stuff.
    My mom did the same in the mid-80s, a big road trip with her parents. I'd love to do the same and I may well get down there in a year or so if things go to plan. The Balkans have always held a special interest to me for some reason.