User Tag List

Thread: Vasovagal Response

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vasovagal Response

Anyone else suffer from this appalling shit? There's many causes for it, mine is strangely the sight of blood/gore/bone snapping/ailments in general. The thing I don't personally get is how I can watch proper gore on the internet yet would probably faint if I watched someone getting blood drawn. Even walking in to a hospital sets me on edge. I feel things slow down, heart rate increases, anxiety. Same with a doctor's surgery.

I nearly felt woozy there because my thumb MCP joint is sore so I google image'd it and saw x-rays of fractures, breaks and combined with the pain I just had from moving it I felt cold, sweaty, hearing started to go.

I've fainted loads of times, and nearly fainted countless times.

Most recently at a health and safety presentation thing about heavy lifting the guy had a bullet pointed list of injuries (NO PICTURES) and as he was going through them I thought I was going to die. People must have noticed I suddenly had my head on the table and completely zoned out but never said anything. I also know I go ghost white when it happens. Again, at ladder training, the guy put on a video about a crippled bloke who fell off a ladder. He was describing his injuries (again no pictures etc) and I had to disappear to the bogs because I was going down.

I've fainted getting a tooth out, I've fainted in front of my own class getting a lecture about 99'ing my hand and how it could get infected. I've fainted when I broke my pinky. I fainted when I got blood taken at the doctors. I fainted when I got my thumb pricked before I tried to give blood. It's horrible.

I nearly fainted when I was with my grandad whilst he was getting chemotherapy but stopped myself from being such a pathetic cunt there. I also didn't faint when my jaw was hanging off. I didn't faint when I got the morphine injections. I just don't understand it.

Plz tell me someone else suffers from this on here so I can feel more of a man?

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. The only time I fainted was in school when I took 6 quick, deep breaths and then held my breath while someone pressed firmly on my chest. Everyone was doing it and it was meant to make you feel high, but I just passed out and started making weird faces.

Does anyone remember that fad? Someone died from it down south I think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember both that stupid game and the rumours that you could die from it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fainting, what a fairy.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People did that fainting thing at school. I thought they were fucking nutters at the time, and still do.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did it to my friend first and he said it was crazy, so I wanted to try it. Not doing it again, sure enough.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I fainted once albeit was probably through being blind drunk.

If it makes you feel better, I haven't the balls to go the doctors, dentist and co.
    Test.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I initially thought this was a thread about you rubbing one out and passing out as a result.

My disappointment is severe.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I glanced at the title I thought it was going to be about his wife's weeping minge.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for the minge expectation.