User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 - The Best Football Game Ever Made?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they gonna have 'proper' option files this year?

Tempted if they do.

Since you never answered when I asked in the FIFA thread

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I've found is this. So... probably. Actually, it's probably a yes from that source.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Option files are definite, but it's not clear yet whether it'll be an all-encompassing one that changes all the names etc in one go or a team file that changes names, kits and images for each team one-by-one. Ideally both.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why they don't just go balls deep on letting it be modded to fuck. It would be better than FIFA (kinda).

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PC version gets that treatment but they get inferior graphics. I still reckon the consoles being always online comes with some obstacles. As does... y'know, grabbing licenses. I'd imagine having easy tools to fiddle with the teams and kits could put clubs off from signing deals.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started scoring in this on my second session. Decided to pit everyone against Flamengo and see how that went. Messi salvaged a draw with Barca, Welbeck (Giroud is useless) scoring twice to give my first win and my second followed with an epic 4-0 collapse with Boca.

Defending remains unchanged with the big differences coming with regards to first touch. I kinda hate when developers fiddle with that because it can wind up feeling clumsy. This seems weighted decently to the player you're in control of, although it does seem to give the opposition the opportunity to close you down quicker. They battle possession back as well but you've now got force feedback of those type of scuffles. Crosses seem nicely vicious and I've sent a few inviting ones that just barely miss out. The player emotion stuff makes me wonder if form arrows are going to be the crutch they used to be, seeing as you could possibly play your way into decent form. I'm also going to be interested to see how the adaptive difficulty does. It's a game to game thing so you won't get people doubling-up on Tevez mid-match. At least they're doing something with the stats they collected during last year's Master League.

Looks like there's options for set piece routines, Nothing jumping out that's negative so far, beyond the stupid motion blur.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first demo goal

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night's efforts.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PES 2017 trailer.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of that animation looks iffy as fuck. The players are sliding all over the place, like the pitch is glass.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might pick this up if the review code doesn't come through. They've been good to us the last couple of years, mind. Surprised the team lists aren't out on youtube yet. Unless I'm looking in the wrong spots. They've focused more on team partnerships rather than acquiring new leagues.

I don't mind the animation but it doesn't look great when there's this constant motion blur in effect.

EDIT: Played some more of the demo. Germany v Atletico in a series of tight draws and a narrow last-minute win. I'm already chalking up the how the players feel on this.

- Giroud. Wish he was never born. I'm fine with target men but Giroud adds nothing. Doesn't even seem to be in the right place at any time.
    - Gomez. How a target should be done. Latches on to whatever you throw to him. If he goes wide like a nutter, it usually means Muller's in the middle. Dependable.
    - Hummels. I hate Barca's high defensive line but Hummels and the rest of the defence make Germany's work.
    - Ozil. An enigma. I'm not sure what you use him for. He's scrappy at getting possession back but gives it up in a heartbeat. Gotze's got more in his tank.
    - Welbeck. Adds a lot more to Arsenal than Giroud and has a tidy finish on him.
    - Tevez. I can't remember a time when he wasn't driving teams forward.
    - Torres. Ghastly.
    - Griezmann. The AI will use him constantly as an out, especially if you're playing as Corinthians or somebody with a narrow formation but he's hot and cold.

I'm seeing mistakes crop in like players slipping and keepers making hurried clearances. That stuff is nice but I've yet to figure out how to properly use pace against Superstar AI. Its making me not want to ride my luck at times.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice - that makes this a contender for purchase. Haven't played PES for years.

What's the single player career mode like? Is it still just Master League? Is the youth development any good?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where's this cheapest for PS4?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait to play as BORUNMOUTH and WEST BROMWITH ALBION.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 hours with it tonight. It's maybe a touch more slowed down in the retail version but then it might just depend who you're playing. Still having plenty of joy from crosses. If you're playing Regular, a decent delivery feels like a guaranteed goal. Glad to see the AI on Superstar closes you down quick and the amount of improvisation on show is great. Players stretching for efforts, trying bicycle kicks and I've even seen a dive.

Annoyingly, Anfield doesn't come part of the Liverpool licensing deal so they play at the not-Upton Park. St-Jakob's Park is in there, along with a fair few South American ones. The Amsterdam ArenA gets an impostor. Chile is the new league, I think. I can't recall it being in last year.

The soundtrack is bollocks. Ellie Goulding and Skrillex. Piss right out. The Barcelona partnership means most of the background images are of the Nou Camp. Plays well. Much like the last one but I'll see if this adaptive AI kicks in when I start up a Master League tomorrow. The motion-blur is still constant, though. That's either an aesthetic design choice, a way to hide animation transitions or both.

EDIT: Oh. Managers can now be transferred just like players. Nice enough touch. Arsenal have their kits and badge but Arsene doesn't get such treatment.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Received this last night. Option file is out so the games looking really good. Just waiting on the transfer update and to really get cracking.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Anfield is coming in one of those updates where they also add a load of faces and a handful of teams you'll never play.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, they did something like that last year. Struggling to get wins on Superstar but I'm starting to see the adaptive AI stuff. It seems to pick things up quick like how I was trying to use the left flank a lot so they'd double up on Lazaar. I hate how everyone in Italy plays a flat four in midfield with three at the back, mind. I'd like some full-backs, ta.

Master League looks the same as last year, although the menus have been given a revamp. The first transfer update should hit today. Its definitely got that punishing feeling you get when you don't put your chances away. My last two games were narrow defeats thanks to injury time corners. Actually, Master League gets a little weird as you can play as the Other European / South American / Asian teams. They'll slot you in the spare fake league of that continent. Also, La Liga's license has gone so they've swapped that out for Chile's league. You can offer new contracts to your players at any time, too.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to assume no-one here is silly enough to get this on pc, that version could be rather inferior so don't bother.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't keen on the gameplay videos I've seen of the new FIFA so I downloaded the demo for this. Fuck me, it's abysmal. No wonder EA has been getting away with making the same game every year.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FucKonami is a thing for quite a good reason.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that was about binning Silent Hills and Kojima. Is there more to it?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Wasn't keen on the gameplay videos I've seen of the new FIFA so I downloaded the demo for this. Fuck me, it's abysmal. No wonder EA has been getting away with making the same game every year.
    What didn't you like about PES2017?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    What didn't you like about PES2017?
    It's slow, the animation is jerky and rarely seems to match what the ball is doing, tackling is either unresponsive or you can win the ball from six yards away with nothing in between, passing is limited, and shooting is far too easy. Crossing is better than on FIFA so that's a point in its favour, but in general it just plays a really terrible game of football

The player attributes are stupid too but that's always been a problem with Pro Evo.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always play Pro Evo on the +1 speed setting. Try it, I think it helps a lot.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    FucKonami is a thing for quite a good reason.
    I'm down with PES Productions though because it's British-based under British employment laws. We only deal with those weird numbered Konami employees when they want us to put something out about MyClub. I'm of the opinion Kojima deserved the hurry-up but the subsequent lockdown was very rough. And I've never understood the complaint about football games being too slow. At least in a modern context. They're usually as slow as you make them.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    The player attributes are stupid too but that's always been a problem with Pro Evo.
    Oh. Wow. That Celtic win really did hit you hard.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Oh. Wow. That Celtic win really did hit you hard.
    Interesting that you haven't actually disagreed.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried both of last year's games and thought Pro Evo was far superior. FIFA doesn't feel like a proper game of football at all.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting that you haven't actually disagreed.
    I have,

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad comeback.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a touch pretentious.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. That review doesn't disagree with the part of my post he quoted. So not a good comeback at all.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    + Players retain that feeling of all offering different threats and talents.
    And don't argue the toss that it's not apples to apples. I've already said on this thread about how Giroud is a useless beanpole, Ozil can't take a tackle and so on. As for your other complaints, there's videos I could direct you to for footage of people successfully tackling, shooting and passing but whatever. I gather you've been on the FIFA side of the fence for the best part of a decade at least. Switching requires actual adjustment, instead of playing a couple of games and going, "OCK, FUCK THAZSS!" And if you think shooting's too easy, step away from Regular.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't expecting that. I mean usually "that's not a good comeback" is the end of playground scuffles.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    And don't argue the toss that it's not apples to apples. I've already said on this thread about how Giroud is a useless beanpole, Ozil can't take a tackle and so on. As for your other complaints, there's videos I could direct you to for footage of people successfully tackling, shooting and passing but whatever. I gather you've been on the FIFA side of the fence for the best part of a decade at least. Switching requires actual adjustment, instead of playing a couple of games and going, "OCK, FUCK THAZSS!" And if you think shooting's too easy, step away from Regular.
    I mean the attributes themselves. Positioning is called 'attacking prowess' and 'defensive prowess', acceleration is 'explosive power', etc. The attribute names suggest that they mean something other than what they actually do. And 'ball winning' is a shitty stat, because it means that standing tackles, sliding tackles, shoulder tackles, interceptions, etc. are all covered by one stat when really they're different skills.

I couldn't give a toss what other people are getting up to on it. I posted my thoughts on how it plays, based on about fifteen games on the demo of which five were against a mate.

I've been 'on the FIFA side of the fence' (what a pathetic notion) since the 2011 editions, but I had both games that year. So not even close to a decade.

It's comforting to note that you're still a chippy arsehole when someone disagrees with you though.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the combined abilities on PES. Like "intercepting" is based on a formula involving defensive prowess, acceleration and ball winning.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's comforting to note that you're still a chippy arsehole when someone disagrees with you though.
    Well, that's me told.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've picked my option file and it's in, after a bit of a fiddle. It's not as simple as those videos made it look. The game can't handle that much data going across so booted me back to the XMB twice. Do it in stages, guys. Save your edit data after each bit and then you've got no worries.

All I'm missing now are the other European sides, Serie B kits (I might just edit something simple together rather than import the images) and I might just slap some real names on the Asian and South American teams. Although with the latter, there's probably a league patch to settle that. Mexico or somebody. Much less painful than the last couple of years. Means I can crack on with my toon Master League.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently you can pick it up on PS4 and Xbox One for £26 in Tesco.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pro-...nstore-2514420

Might say £42 on the shelf but scans at £26.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to really get smarter at this. I've struggled with Newcastle in the second tier. We seem decent going forward but don't put our chances away. At the back, we're defensively sound unless we concede early. Then we collapse.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still terrible at this. I tried a dummy run with the defaults last week and thought, "Aye, this is manageable." Had a couple of goalless draws in that run. Lo and behond, this week I start the serious run with a 0-5 battering at Birmingham and then get demolished by Brentford and Bristol.

I was alright at this during the review phase but, as soon as I commit to a league campaign, it goes south. Doesn't help that it's all "First touch this" and "physics that."

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play fixed on 75-rated 16-year-old Dirk Kuijt [sic] on our three-player Master League. Last season I was LWF but now Son Heung-Min has finished his loan spell, this season I'm RWF.

We put legends on thinking we could get Robbie Fowler but apparently you need to unlock him in My Club first, so that was dumb. Means we had Bebeto (LOBATO) come through the youth team and we've loaned Kanu (can't remember his name) off Real Madrid, but he's only sub despite him being our highest rated cos his icon on the tactic pitch doesn't have his face.

Team so far is:
    T Howard

D Srna
    D Agger
    W Samuel
    C Brunt

Ozturk (not a regen)
    K Kallstrom
    D Kuyt
    G Deulofeu (loan)

Bebeto
    M Rashford (loan)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just bought 2017 version. Is this still the best game ever?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Yeah'. Although I haven't figured the AI out.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And an option file to go from man red to united on the Xbox, possible or all manual?

I had a few games last night against the b.i.l and it's fun. I haven't played a football game since FIFA 11 and pes since 07. Going to stop having a life and get into it the next week or so.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How to get real club names, competitions and kits in PES 2017 on Xbox One

Sadly for Xbox One owners, there's no word on the above feature coming to the console. Rather than being able to simply import externally created files from a USB drive, Xbox One players will instead need to manually edit the teams, kits, and competitions in-game.

Fortunately, PES 2017 does at least include a pretty comprehensive editor built into the game. Head to the Edit option again, and there you'll find the options to manually change things like team names - we've compiled a list of real team names to save you some time - along with competition names, kit colours (although not sponsors and logos), and more.
    Shit outta luck.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had the xbone I wouldn't have made the switch this year. Being able to import makes such a difference

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or any year. Microsoft do not like giving software that kind of access. Unless it's Bethesda.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was £11 cheaper though bae :'(