User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 - The Best Football Game Ever Made?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    How you rate this game so far Baz?
    I'd say it's better than 2015, and I really enjoyed that version.

Having played FIFA I'd say I massively prefer PES. However I only play both with friends, and Mike told me PES is better to play with friends but FIFA's better if you're playing on your own.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only played both in single player and I don't get on with FIFA at all, barely touched it because of that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never liked FIFA for some reason, been a PES fan since the days of ISS on the Super Nintendo.

Once I finish Shadow Of Mordor I think I'll get balls deep into Pes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So got round to installing and playing this first 4 quick games on superstar

2-2, 0-0, 2-2 3-3

Easy to score keepers are shit, but make amazing outfield players ran the whole length of the pitch twice and scored on both with him.....

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steven Gerrard and Boubacar Barry came through our youth team.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and Gerrard is rocketing to the top. Already got the captains arm band.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really want to get into this game so far only managing to play a few exhibition games between random teams.

Might have to swallow my pride and admit I'm to shit at this game and lower it to top player or something as I'm struggling to score since this new 2GB update.

Few niggles that are starting to annoy but in all honesty they have been in every PES that I've ever played.

Throw ins cpu always close you down as soon as you take it where as you can't get near the cpu when they take one.

CPU always reacts faster to loose balls or always seem to be in the right place at the right time to collect them.

CPU can take the ball of your players with little trouble but when they decide to rampage across the field on a mazy run 11 of my players will just bounce off them to no effect.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What difficulty are you on?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Superstar mate but lowered it down to top player now, going to give master league a full season before I make a full judgement on it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Superstar's where I'm at but I definitely need to be in a frame of mind to get much from it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Superstar the very top difficulty? I can't remember the names but I think I play at the one below the top.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Superstar is the highest. Top Player below that. I find the latter too easy so I'm committed to that path.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I restarted my Master League when the almost-update came out and I bumped the difficulty up so I'm not sure exactly which one I'm on now. It can't be the very top one though, I only struggle against primo teams.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find top player to easy but superstar winds me up no end....

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top Player is a good balance between solid AI defending and moderate attacking in numbers. Superstar kills you with counterattacks and through balls.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So in a desperate attempt to like this game I've been ploughing through a master league.

Superstar 10 min games, 5 games in won 3 lost 2

I thought online was just spamming through balls but the AI takes the piss through ball after through ball every goal they score is a carbon copy a one two on the edge of the area through ball and my keeper does his best to not save anything.

Exhibition games the fouls and cards shown for and against seem realistic but since starting a master league campaign nothing whatsoever??!?!

Don't think I can even be arsed importing kits and all......

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just try to be cautious and keep things simple if I need to.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked the stats page where it shows where you conceded from etc

All goals against have been through balls....

There is just no variation in how they score.

Keepers don't help matters the gimp I have in goals right now is a pleb of the highest order...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goals!

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Just checked the stats page where it shows where you conceded from etc

All goals against have been through balls....

There is just no variation in how they score.

Keepers don't help matters the gimp I have in goals right now is a pleb of the highest order...
    Your goalie is probably the most important player on this. On Master League we had a 65 rated bloke who couldn't save a single shot. 67 seems to be the minimum in order to make saves. We loaned in a 67 (Ander) before eventually getting a 69 regen.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah my keeper is 63 rated and can handle long shots fine but anything that's hit within the penalty box is a certain goal.

Any tips on defending on this game just seems so skewed towards attacking players.

The best defensive set up was it pes 2013 or 14 where you just held X and pushed toward your goals and your defender would track the player with the ball then when you wanted to tackle you just pushed towards the attacker.

This system I could totally shut out the biggest teams online and have some good tense 1-0 wins etc.

With the older pes games it would take me a load of games before I could even get my first goal, but even on superstar now I banged in 2 or 3 goals on my first try.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long does it take to update kits / names etc. on the X-Box One?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the PC version of this the same as the Xbox/PS4 version, or is it shit?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't played it but from what I've read it's the same as the PS3/Xbox 360 version and is therefore a bit shit.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom-Boom View Post
    How long does it take to update kits / names etc. on the X-Box One?
    Absolutely ages.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I've just read it's a long process.

For fuck sake, you'd think they'd want to make it as easy as possible. I remember when you could just overwrite the option file on your memory card, I did it for half of my school.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because now your consoles are tied to profiles which can't be fiddled with. The price you pay for 'always on'. I've got about 10 Bundesliga teams left and then I'm done. Not going to bother with the other European teams seeing as the fake ones wind up in Europe anyway.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never even got round to importing kits, the keepers being dog shite and the same goals scored by the AI ruined this game for me.

Never played it online so maybe it's more fun against your mates but single player is terrible.

At one point in time with PES I would jump out of the chair when I scored a goal, I'm more amazed when a shot is saved with this edition.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I started a campaign with the Master League defaults. I'm beginning to see what the deal is with through balls.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stick with em. Vasilj.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided to skip through the first season and just handle the transfers. £15m up. Finished 7th.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And after that window we've got £21m. After many, many free transfers the squad takes shape. A couple of youth kids enter to bolster the numbers and are genuinely better than the seniors. Libor Kozak was a cash buy last season but he just seems streets ahead of the other players. Castledine's developed into a ringer. Notable freebies include Darron Gibson, an Abdullah fella from Lorient who looks good and Adam Reach. 1 win, 1 draw although we're conceding first in both games which has me concerned. The keeper market's a bit crap as well. Gazzaniga came in again and Juame Domenech arrives as a third choice.

Scepovic is Kozak's backup and he scored on his debut. Shame I couldn't entice Arbeloa back. Real don't want him.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its now £40m in the bank. The AI can't help but put the bids in so I'm rebuilding the squad every six months. Annoying. Abdullah's away for £7m which tells you how crucial that man has been. I'm also managing Japan and wish I wasn't.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're on £112m because we only tend to get the regens.

In net we've got Brad Friedel with Boubacar Barry as sub.
    Defence is Giorja (from the original squad), Ashley Cole, Barzagli and Wes Brown. Also got Vasilj & Canning from the originals and someone with the top perk called Djene.
    Midfield is Carrick, Gerrard, Zhuk & Alan. Backups are Hettich from the originals, and someone we call Petroleum Paul who's real name I don't know.
    Up front we have Crouch and Heskey.

Mike is fixed on Gerrard, The Reid is Heskey (who was stuck at 64 rating for ages but we got him upto 69 last night) and I control everyone else.

It's a good game.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm living off freebies which is why I'm so keen to sell for MAJOR NET GAINS!

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still at the arse end of the Championship despite Totti in the #10 role. I think Kozak needs shifting on.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Progress. Had a month of 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat which takes us to a respectable position in the Championship. Kozak got injured which allowed A. Soares (I'm pronouncing it Suarez because he's Argentinian) to prove himself as a better target man. Kozak was good in the air but his feet were back to front. And now he's sold £3.4m. Soares doesn't score but he links up well with Francesco. Brought in a new striker who looks better on paper but I dunno.

Teamwork's at 95 now so keeping the squad together is paying dividends.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scrapping at the top now. Sebastian Rode is Lothar Matthaus.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sacked this off. Not as fun as 2015. The Reid's still playing through our ML though so might jump back in and go fixed on Sagna when he comes through as a 16 year old.

The only thing better is freekicks and the player progress graphs on masterleague.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's definitely a random element to this which narks me a bit. 2nd in the table. 10 games left. Sierra's started scoring but my second string is a bit of a shambles.

GK: A. Adan

LB: Dodo
    CB: Hilton
    CB: Some other youthie with a bland name.
    RB: Browning

ML: Cauiby (created Bundesliga player)
    DM: Buena
    CM: S. Rode
    MR: Y. Muto (another Bundesliga player)

SS: Totti
    CF: J.L. Sierra

Spares:

GK: Gazzaniga, Gomes
    CB: Distin, Danielli
    RB/LB: L. Rosenior
    CM/DM: Carrick, Gibson
    AM: Carmona, Wellington
    SS: Viola
    CF: A. Soares

Distin as left-back cover is terrifying. He cannot move.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh. Qualified for Europe with an 8th-placed finish. Not only that but a 2-0 win against Southampton on the final day was enough to finish ahead of Villa on goal difference by virtue of goals scored. 45 in 38, 27 of which came from our front two (Totti and Sierra). Semi-finalists in the FA Cup.

When this game's firing, its amazing.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bringing it back, y'all. My last season is wrapped up. 7th spot secured another European season and we made it to the last eight in the Europa League. Still can't win a derby. Some sad and bitter departures, though. Adan's slipped from first choice keeper to third after a terrifying display of age catching up with him. Coelho's now numero uno with Marchetti proving a grand deputy. Cauiby's away after a few years. It's age and competition against him. More troublingly, our bright Bulgarian left-back decided not to renew his contract. Opting to go to Bologna.

Finally, Sebastien Rode. Retiring at the 'no age to retire' of 31, he donned the captains armband for one last time and played out of his skin. With not much in the market, I'm back on the youth kids and a bizarre Everton clique is developing. Leon Osman now rejoins Mike Arteta, Sylvain Distin and Steven Pienaar. Distin can move now but he sure can't defend. Gary Cahill in as a safety net. And Gabby Agbonlahor cos there's sod all wingers in the market.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching the Euros has got me hankering for a football game. I'm buggered if I'm buying FIFA, but I hear this is quite good and has the European Championship 2016 game chucked in with it.

Couple of questions:

Does the Euro 2016 thing include the qualifiers and can I still get an option file for this for use with my XBox One? I can't stand the fake names and badges.

Ta muchly.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Xbox One version doesn't have the image import stuff the PS4 version has, so you have to edit stuff manually with the ingame editor. The Euro 2016 stuff has kits for 14 of the 24 teams and it only covers the finals tournament.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Shinners, it's only £24 on the XB1 store, so I've given it a whirl.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only the Stade de France in it I heard, which is a bit of an additional letdown.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, although one of the perennial fake ones is a Stade Gerland-a-like. I'm surprised how deep Konami went with it, considering it was just a free patch.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, this is so much better than FIFA.

A shame the option files are borked for XBOX One, particularly given the classic players now don't even look like their real life counterparts. I found a thread detailing how to change each one's appearance in the editor, but it's missing Owen and Shearer.

Any links to any Xbox One updating yourself based content would be much appreciated.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look through wenb or pesgaming might be something for x box option files on there.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In case you've missed it, PES 2017's demo is out.

Teams
    Arsenal
    Atletico Mardid
    Barcelona
    Boca Juniors
    Corinthians
    Flamengo
    France
    Germany

Stadia
    Nou Camp
    Neu Sonne Arena (I think it's a fake one but it's heavily branded in a way that makes me uncomfortable)

Played a couple of games and it's become apparent they've reversed the colour of form arrows. Very confusing. Plays alright, though. Like last year's but they've given first-touch more of a focus... apparently. Full game comes out September 13th.