User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 - The Best Football Game Ever Made?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, I'm done with this game after one week.

I don't know how many times I've conceded now because my two full backs drop 10 yards behind the centre haves and so when the over powered over the top through ball comes in the opposition are through on goal without fail.

Just now I conceded one goal where my centre half tackled the opponent and won the ball back. My other centre half then inexplicably starts legging it toward the half way line. The opposition quickly tackle my player and are through on goal.

How on Earth people have called this the greatest football game ever is beyond me. Defensively it's broken.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started a new league campaign and I haven't conceded in 6 so far on Superstar. Goals are hard to come by but Riviere's winning by virtue of staying central when we attack. Cisse's been killed off this year. He's playing like Shola. Constantly going wide and offside.

Not conceding feels weird because Arsenal and City didn't really press it.

Tom, it's okay to admit you're shit at it.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on the edge here, don't push me.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Icardi is an absolute beast on this. Offensively is no problem at all but defending is beyond belief.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does seem weird how I was kinda iffy with other teams yesterday. Even with Newcastle I couldn't get anywhere with them til I switched to 4-4-2. Then I play it today and we're watertight. I don't really know where I'm at.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started a Master League on whatever the second toughest difficulty is and I've already got 20 matches in. Addicted now.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume you'll be starting again on October 29th?

Might end up doing that, just have the first one as a practice.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I'm needing for editing now is Serie B kits and Portugal's top flight. And all of the transfers. Haven't decided quite what I'm doing with South America. Got the Argentine and Chilean badges all set but won't have the space to give them kits.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    I assume you'll be starting again on October 29th?

Might end up doing that, just have the first one as a practice.
    I might do, it depends on how much changes with the update. I've manually done most of the Premier League and Serie A transfers, but that doesn't prevent the game adding pretend teams in the Champions League anyway so I might stick with it depending on how far in I am.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been trying to play myclub online with my mate on the same team (same house and computer) against opposition, but it doesn't seem to be an option. Anyone else tried this?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you can only do that in certain lobbies. Don't think MyClub lets you do that as it's sort of a single player-ish mode.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone trying myclub? I only played for a couple of hours... but I hate it. It's clunky, ugly and impossible to sign players.

Even with a super agent, I signed three players that I've never heard of.

Not a fan. Think ill go back to Master league.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fired it up again last night. Loaded a quick exhibition between Ajax and Liverpool on Superstar and was 3-0 down within 20 mins. I promptly switched it off again.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Including the demo, I've possibly played this more already than I did with 15.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave it one last chance tonight. I downloaded the nice new kits and emblems and fired up a Master League as Birmingham.

Just lost the opening game of the season 7-2 to fucking Blackburn. I swear to fucking God if this wasn't a digital download I'd have snapped the cunting disk right there and then. I've deleted the game and I'm done. Fuck you.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate, you need a defending primer. I'll get on it tonight and show you how it's done.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What difficulty do you play on 7om? It sounds like a completely different game, I only see two or three clear chances in an average match.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zom.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm playing on Superstar, Wullie.

One goal took the biscuit yesterday. From the midfield the AI one touch passed it about 10 times in a row with the final pass putting Jordan Rhodes one-on-one with the keeper and of course he scored. I just wish I had saved the replay because it was the most ridiculous, unrealistic crap I've seen so far.

I have no idea what is going on but the amount of times the AI will drift off my AI-controlled centre half and be through on goal from over-the-top through ball is ridiculous. Five times at least per match, I'd guess.

I've also tried different approaches. I've tried the high pressure, lots of closing down method just as I tried the stand off and play it cool type and nothing worked. I'm done, anyway, I can't be doing with it.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put it down a setting to Top Player 'til you get better at it.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of getting this but then I read the PC port is meant to be shit. Was that the case last year as well? I thought last year's was pretty good but didn't play any of the console versions so I don't know how it compares.

I tried the FIFA 16 demo today and I don't like it at all. It feels far too floaty and weightless.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regret buying FIFA over this.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd swap with you if I could, Sama.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been on this tonight, played some vs. games then fired up My Clubs mode, seems alright. Shame you can't co-op online games though. Me and Baz scored this cracker to win a thrilling match of awful defending.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not played FIFA since the quick hour I gave it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally settled on an AFC Champions League campaign with Gamba Osaka. Reasonable effort that ended in the knockouts because our token Brazilian is shit. Also this is the first time the game's felt overly physical. Grrr.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just noticed that you can't play sweepers on this game. Shit.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While we're waiting for the database update we've been playing on MyClub mode, and as it's crap you can't play with three players co-op online, meaning we've had to play against the computer, and for some reason only the rubbish cup is open to us.
    So tonight we tried to work out skills...

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peter Drury.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to the end of my first Master League season with Roma. A woeful sixth in the league, Champions League QF exit to Atletico but a solid Coppa Italia win. Totti's been given Bandiera status which only took him until age 40 to get whereas January signings Edinson Cavani and Marco Gabbiadini are already the 8th King of Rome and Galloping Major respectively. Before it goes into preseason I've got a testimonial match against 'Old Boys' which is marking Didier Drogba's retirement.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Cavani getting the 8th King of Rome nickname after a few months, an actual all-time great gets an even more grand title.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is down to £26 on Amazon for the Xbox 360, and £31 on Xbox One and PS4.

I've been thinking about getting something new for a while, as the last game I bought was GTA V, so I think I might jump in for £26. I need to get a new controller while I'm on.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still trying to figure this game out. Here's a couple of team reports:

Valencia
    Small squad that plays 4-3-3 with a main striker being so far off the midfield that any long balls come right back at you. Rodrigo has some presence but doesn't seem to have much in front of goal. Piatti is predictably flighty but dies at the thought of contact. Negredo's kinda just there. You're lucky if you nick a 1-0 whilst the small squad size leaves no room to alter things. Not much movement from the midfield which is annoying because that's probably where your goals will come from. Alcacer's alright but without the service, he might as well not exist.

Inter
    In contrast, this team is massive although the striking options are thin on the ground. I'm preferring Podolski to Icardi and the compact midfield give the wingbacks a chance to drive on. Gives the side some proper width and Palacio will try to get on the end of things. Probably the first team I've genuinely liked on this version. Not struggling for goals, either. After a lacklustre 1-1 with Udinese, we coasted past Sassuolo and surprisingly beat Roma 3-1.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That transfer update they made everyone playing offline wait a month for misses the last two days of the transfer window, despite the update that was released almost immediately for online being bang up to date. What the

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever. At least I can now get to the big edit.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried Newcastle out post-patch. It started so great and ended so Newcastle.

http://www.twitch.tv/shindigpsc/v/23327872

That Malaga match was tragic.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started our 3 player Master League tonight, St. Helens, with the Master League players. It's bloody good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Started our 3 player Master League tonight, St. Helens, with the Master League players. It's bloody good.
    C'mon you Saints!

Also, just from the first video the audio and general vibe of the stadium is a massive improvement. The positive runs by the players also looks like it's on the way somewhere closer to real life.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
    This is down to £26 on Amazon for the Xbox 360, and £31 on Xbox One and PS4.

I've been thinking about getting something new for a while, as the last game I bought was GTA V, so I think I might jump in for £26. I need to get a new controller while I'm on.
    This has jumped back up to £32.22 now, but I've got a few £10 Amazon vouchers so I think I'll order it at the weekend.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've brought back the graph to show expected player growth in Master League.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy the fact the skill hexagon is back. And it's discounted on PSN at the minute, I think.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm tempted to purchase this. Got FIFA but the career mode just isn't the same.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halfway through the first season on ML and absolutely flying. Top of the league and into the FA Cup 4th round. What an awesome awesome game.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To make up for the transfer update balls up, whatever their Euro 2016 DLC is going to be will now be free for existing users. Lovely.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a lovely, yet odd thing to do.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First season of the Master League done and dusted. Won the league and the FA Cup, making just one signing - some Kolo Touré lookalike called Djene (we call him Dembele) who has the top "perk" so players get a good boost off him and stuff.

Figured while we had the crap default team we'd bash the AI for fun but now we're going up to Top Player. Not ready for Superstar yet, if ever.

My hopes are FA Cup win » Europa League win » Champions League win, all while milling about in the Premier League midtable. Regens are about to come through now though. Apparently there's a testimonial friendly at the end of the season (I went home and Mike & The Reid played the last two games of the season without me) where all the players who are retiring play, so we get a glimpse at the 16 year olds about to become available. Although a quick google suggests things are a little different to the regen system in pes2015.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best player to come through at the start of the season was Jason Puncheon, and he'd already agreed terms with someone else.

The Reid has the player 1 pad though so even if a proper legends like Chris Brunt had resurfaced, we probably wouldn't have been allowed to sign him.

Top Player seems more like our level, as we've drawn and lost a few, but the fun has definitely decreased by about 80% now it's all serious business.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How you rate this game so far Baz?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post

Best player to come through at the start of the season was Jason Puncheon, and he'd already agreed terms with someone else.

The Reid has the player 1 pad though so even if a proper legends like Chris Brunt had resurfaced, we probably wouldn't have been allowed to sign him.

Top Player seems more like our level, as we've drawn and lost a few, but the fun has definitely decreased by about 80% now it's all serious business.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be using the upcoming week off to finally sort out the Bundesliga.