User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 - The Best Football Game Ever Made?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    I've just bought 2017 version. Is this still the best game ever?
    If you wanna watch three pro's in action right now you can have a look here:

http://twitch.tv/mikeakehurst

I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally found a team I like. Unfortunately, it's Sunderland.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    I've just bought 2017 version. Is this still the best game ever?
    https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/...70698019b091aa

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Figured I'd put this up. Possession as fuck, lads. The Hull match is second on. It's a thriller.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dots

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played some games with Napoli yesterday. They seem fun to play with. Strong down the middle and out wide. Gabbiadini's a great target until the AI marks him out of it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm done. Decided to see if playing as Barca would ease my troubles. 0-1, 0-0 in the Spanish Super Cup. Two goals disallowed for offside, hit the woodwork twice and had three cleared off the line. In our first league game we concede FOUR early goals because conceding one early goal invariably leads to that.

I'm astonished.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    90% of our ML games are 0-0 these days. So dull.

The Reid's gone fixed on 77-rated Rooney (and I'm still fixed on 90-rated Kuyt) so Mike's everyone else. Rooney is the pits though, desperately needs his boost.

Just had Zlatan's testimonial though so we'll be getting a 16 year old monster in January. Although Rooney came through at 17 for some reason.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dropped to Top Player and I'm finding it much more comfortable. Playing a league with Arsenal and we've dropped points to Bournemouth, Palace and Chelsea but won a few. I'm trying not to be a cross merchant but the width is just too strong in that side. Welbeck is still boss.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One week on and Top Player does nothing for Newcastle. At best, you're grinding out draws or snatching one from the jaws of victory. I'm starting to think Chemistry has a huge sway and Newcastle simply has none of it. I will never play as them on this version again. They just cannot get going.

Decided to go with PSG for the sake of some SELF ESTEEM. Two wins already. Definitely more enjoyable in front of goal, even if the gaps on the pitch worry me with their 4-3-3. That was another thing with Newcastle: formation didn't seem to make a difference. Gayle was kinda useless and partnering him with Mitro didn't make any impact. Backs up how I feel about Chemistry having such a hold on things, really. PSG's at 70-75 whereas Newcastle, a motley crew of new signings, is 52-55.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. Team Spirit is the single most important thing in this stupid game. This PSG side cannot string results together with a second string and we're playing twice a week now. Results also impact Team Spirit so you really find yourself rotting away unless you grab a lucky win. From 5 points clear to third in the space of a month. Eurgh. How big are the swings for this in FIFA?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An agonising session today. Decided to commit to a toon Master League. 10 games down. One win, Four defeats. Five draws. Plenty of possession but no end product til I switch to 4-4-2. Unfortunately, with that comes BIG RISK. Team Spirit began at 60. Closing the session out with a win brought it to 55.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kuyt's up to 98.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One league win in 15. God.

4 in 23. It definitely captures the drudge of a side unable to find any form. Things have improved slightly since I sold Shelvey (got no time for a midfielder who can't use his engine) and brought in two loan signing. Rabiot and Vietti. The former replaces Jonjo for six months whilst the latter acts as an attacking mid which we have no real round peg for.

Freshened up, at least. Gayle's probably next out as I need a target who can hold things up.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got Dirk Kuyt upto 100 overall rating on our three-player Master League!

We're not sure if it's possible to go higher. Looking forward to finding out though.

(I am fixed on Kuyt, The Reid is fixed on Rooney, @Mike​​​​​​​ controls the rest.)
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard it's not as mad as PES 2013's 108 skill ceiling. Which is a shame because my Newcastle team was filled with them. I'll be wrapping up the first season with the disaster lads at the weekend. We're sitting at the dizzying heights of 4 points above the imaginary 2nd Division drop zone. Team Spirit is at 70 and players just seem to improve with time (unless they're Gouffran) so I could brute force this into working for me.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm already getting kinda sick of editing this so I'm glad I've only committed to showing one season. This one's longer because ... I .... well ... I've gone.

Finished the season yesterday and, well, I'm not sure how to feel on it. I discovered last night that they've kind of knackered contract dates up so contracts expire as the window is shutting. So sneaking some free transfers like every PES ever probably gets done in January. Also, great talent gets moved about to all sorts of places. Draxler transfer listed at Spurs, Kingsley Coman pissing about in the Midlands, etc...

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second season blues. Well, 3 defeats, two wins. At least it didn't take 20 matches for my first win. Brighton obliged and then Barnsley shat themselves to gift us five. Delph's looking a bit suspect for someone who boosts the NUMBERS by so much. 83 team strength. None of it matters.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mid-table now. Feeling a lot more confident but the AI really likes to go after your players in the transfer market. Colback and Elliot are off. Might just raid the youthies. Fabianski's in as a third-choice keeper. Goals are coming from more sources. Usually Ritchie and Atsu can slot in whenever they're spare. Almost found our way into the quarter finals of the FA Cup but we blew a 3-1 lead in penalties. I've never understood how to take them.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things went well for St. Helens the last time we played.

leedsrevolution
    I was at play expo in Leeds yesterday and entered a PES competition. It was quite fun, round of 32 I was drawn against this Asian lad who was about 20 who was giving it the big un and I smashed him 4-0. Quarter final I was against this really sound bloke who was with his kid, deffo a tale of two defences which I won 5-3. Semis against some 10 year old kid who was suprisingly good, got into the final 2-1 after being a goal behind. Lost the final against some ginger teenager 3-1. All in all it was good and I won a copy of the game, pretty happy with that as I've never played PES before .

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoy it. I've went into MyClub now as it seems Master League (with this Newcastle squad, at least) has ran its course.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dropping the AI down to Regular sheds some light on their universal tendencies. They're still good at dealing with crosses and charging long-ranged efforts down. They allow you more time on the ball but that pressure game is still there. Won my opening match with the defaults with the intention to bump it back to Superstar once the team is in place. I'm fascinated by what's going on under the hood.

At the half-way stage, Disaster League finally gets decent to watch. Should have about six more episodes left of this. The editing is made more annoying by the youtube editor spazzing out when you present it with 30 second clips. As a result, I almost miss our last goal. Scoring more with the January loanees starting to make an impact. Rabiot.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a month on Regular, I've bumped it to Professional. August was 5 straight wins (11-1 in goal difference) so I had to take it up a peg. I'm having tighter games but still winning with the defaults. 2 from 3 matches on it. Top, two points ahead of Villa. Also sold Hazeldine for Ł3m.

Also, there are freebies available at the offset. What a surprise. Maybe playing with the proper Newcastle squad cut me out of those deals. Mazzarini in who is good enough for the defaults but maybe not the usual Toon setup. I'll give it another month or two before deciding to move it up to Top Player. I do not want to run away with promotion and then bump the difficulty up. I'd rather build a team at that level, rather than scramble together a Premiership side on the rush.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've cracked it. Started a new league (Superstar) in the Bundesliga with Schalke. Played 3, won 3. 4 scored, none conceded. Lots of possession, as usual but at least finishing feels better. In the last two I've hit the woodwork as well.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it's fucked again. The season being over means the Live Updates have stopped. Lo and behold, this means a load of edited players are back to their default state. If they aren't licensed, their teams are knackered.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Acceleration: 90
    Pace: FOUR MILLION

https://twitter.com/officialpes/stat...97217578893313

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. Seriously. Sub him on for the last ten seconds.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lads. Random selection match. Last seen in PES6. Is there much hysteria for a scenario mode these days? 3 v 3's probably got the Akehursts giddy.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks nice. However, the ball still looks like it's floating whenever a player is doing a skill move (see the earlier video of Firmino).

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The online beta is available until the end of this month. Had three matches so far with France. 1-0, 1-0, 0-0. I feel so damn smug when I switch flanks with a long ball. A couple of things:

1. Does the usual sports thing of feeling similar but different to the last game.
    2. I think keepers have improved. Or at least they look like they're reacting to more getting thrown at them.
    3. They switched to the old way of doing set-pieces. I can't remember how they work and, as a result, I've had a penalty saved already.
    4. They now highlight the next player you'll switch to when out of possession.

It's about time someone did that. Seeing who the cursor's going to fall on allows you not to be blindsided by some curious AI deciding to pick a player nowhere near the opposition. As for the matchmaking, it's Konami. I get that this is testing out loads and stuff but it's not exactly quick about getting you into games. And I'm still trying to go down the flanks too much. Two years of being trained that way, sadly.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me, @Baz and The Reid have been on this all night, we've only lost one. We've pretty much been training for this 3v3 mode the whole time we've played PES together (since pro evo 4)

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just love that two week period where everyone's finding their feet. Scruffing my way to 1-0 wins with Giroud tap-ins before everybody gets good at this.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We thumped a few people, out highest scoring was a 5-2. We lost two all night? One was fell apart and I think it was 4-1. We lost our very last game of the night 2-0 too, was a thriller, 1-0 for ages and went to 2 in like the 89th minute.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dirk Kuyt might get to 104 overall rating tonight.

Watch it happen: http://twitch.tv/mikeakehurst
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Myself, @Baz and The Reid have hung up our PES 2017 boots and are having a break before 2018. Here's a few highlights we saved of our impressive Master League run with St Helens, and as posted above, Dirk did get to 104!

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New'ns out Tuesday. Online goes up Wednesday. FANKS, KONAMI.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, they're losing the UEFA license to FIFA but they have grabbed The Belgium, Russian, Danish and Portuguese league licenses. AND THE SPL. And the Swiss top flight. Argentinian and Brazilian leagues fully licensed as well.

I am excited. Seriously. I like seeing the likes of Brondby, Antwerp and Young Boys getting licensed treatment. This might not be the last Pro Evo.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve sacked it off for FIFA World Cup.
    I'm a twit