User Tag List

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 4

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh christ, I didn't realise ghouls could crawl in through the fucking walls

Cleared out the Super Dart Mart. Also found a secret elevator behind a bookcase in a nearby place, but couldn't get it to work...

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ghouls are a right bastard in this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the beasties, even Bloatflies and mole rats, seem to be capable of giving me some trouble in this. I don't remember that being the case from the previous games.

I've done some exploring further south, which has quite a significant amount more interesting stuff than the starting corner of the map, which continues to make Bethesda's decisions regarding the start look a little odd. Sadly I've collected a load of stuff and the dog, who I was relying on to carry it all, has fucked off somewhere, so I'm now slowly trudging my way back up the map.

At least it's given me time to appreciate the Diamond City radio DJ, who is ace.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cord View Post
    which continues to make Bethesda's decisions regarding the start look a little odd.
    What else makes you think it's odd?

I really like that you start in a corner, with the whole map stretching out before you.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question Time done and booting up again when I should really be going to bed.

This game is going to fucking ruin me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've forced myself off it for tonight.

I keep clearing out places which I'm sure will be used in quests later on down the line so I hope I'm not voiding them by pre-clearing.

The brotherhood blimp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First play through I always play as 'Me', making decisions that I would make, a character that resembles myself appearance wise.

Second play through I am always a complete dick to everyone, and I'm making my character Walter White http://kotaku.com/the-best-character...t-4-1742087916

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Putin recreation.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like PC's the way to go, then. Months from now. £33 at CD keys. Hmmmmm.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's done the first Brotherhood of Steel quest? Retrieving the deep transmitter.

Toggle Spoiler

Beyond that started on my artifact hunting for the Brotherhood, will have to post a picture when I get in from work, even on low details this game just looks spectacular.
    Test.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm too useless with those face slider things to actually make a specific person and so just muck about until I settle on one I can tolerate.

How much does the player character speak? I've just seen the female voice actor is the woman who did, amongst other things, Jack in the Mass Effect games and she was pretty good in that. If I've got to listen to somebody a lot the actor can make a difference in what I decide to play if there's a good one. Going femShep in Mass Effect and getting Jennifer Hale definitely made a different when I restarted the first game the third time and didn't play as a man and get subjected to Generohero Smith.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PC players, is there an FOV option in by default and on a more general note how buggy is this at release?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    PC players, is there an FOV option in by default and on a more general note how buggy is this at release?
    Issues with windowed mode that have been fixed but other then that it runs really smooth without any FPS drops at all.
    Test.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, do you know if it will run in a borderless window?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Thank you, do you know if it will run in a borderless window?
    That's how I play, there is a fix released to get the best out of it.
    Test.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did it as soon as I installed it, so I'm not aware of the difference, but this is worth a look for PC users, and addresses the FOV concern.

The camera glitching in dialogue that demerit mentioned, and Paladin Danse spinning around in a circle every so often when he's meant to be leading me somewhere are the only bugs I've encountered.

Just scrapped almost everything in sanctuary, was strangely enjoyable once I figured out that you can confirm with 'e' instead of enter. The workshop menu had me pretty baffled initially but I quite like it now. They're not going to moan that I've got rid of all the sofas and rugs, are they?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, is there a more efficient way of scrapping all of my junk than tossing it all on the floor?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Also, is there a more efficient way of scrapping all of my junk than tossing it all on the floor?
    I just stick it all in the workbench, and then I think it just uses stuff up as you build things.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just been littering the landscape with my junk and taking up anything that seems important. I've got bugger all weapons though.
    Test.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, like Cord says, just periodically travel back to Sanctuary and dump it all in the work bench. That's what I've been doing anyway.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also only just realised, 17 hours in, there's an armour workbench right next to the power armour station in Sanctuary. :mood:

So I've finally done a bit of armour crafting. I might invest in a few of the perks related to that, I feel like it might be handy. I've gone back to wearing my vault suit too because, even though I think it looks rubbish, I've yet to find anything I can wear under my armour that looks cool and has half-decent stats.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You people are mental. Don't bin your junk - put it in the workshops and use it to build shit.

Also - my pro tip for today: there's a light available on your Pip-Boy. Hold Circle on PS4 (it even projects something cool onto walls!).

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got so much junk that I really need to put together some sort of table as to what's useful and what isn't.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adhesive/copper/circuitry/nuclear stuff is all good

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. What I need to be doing is selling of the stuff I've got a surplus of to generate caps to buy (more of) the things I need.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after wandering the wastes for a long enough length of time to feel like a bit of a big man I decided to take Preston Garvey up on his proposal of taking back the Minutemen's castle from whatever took it off them in the first place. I couldn't see it being a problem. Just steam in and clean out whatever's in there. The plan was going OK, until I came across the Mirelurk Queen.

Fuck that. Keep the fucking castle.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post

Sounds like PC's the way to go, then. Months from now. £33 at CD keys. Hmmmmm.
    What version did the reviewers actually play? I ask because (playing on Survival) I had numerous goes at that first Deathclaw encounter before I did it and didn't once experience the jank with that part that his clip highlights.

In fact, in 30 hours play I've seen once sprite disappear through a floor.

The way some of these reviews are banging on you'd think it was a regular occurrence. Am I/are we benefiting from the day 1 patch, while the reviewers didn't?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    So after wandering the wastes for a long enough length of time to feel like a bit of a big man I decided to take Preston Garvey up on his proposal of taking back the Minutemen's castle from whatever took it off them in the first place. I couldn't see it being a problem. Just steam in and clean out whatever's in there. The plan was going OK, until I came across the Mirelurk Queen.

Fuck that. Keep the fucking castle.
    Just think, they'll be a legendary one of those somewhere...

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's playing PC, Yev. Also worth noting it's a pre-release build. They dropped a day one patch on consoles and (maybe) PC. I'll say this video looks like an extreme case but then I'd imagine playing for review is one hell of a stress test.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Yep. What I need to be doing is selling of the stuff I've got a surplus of to generate caps to buy (more of) the things I need.
    Given you like to play for challenge isn't this going to get your more quickly to the point where you're overpowered and have enough money to actually crown yourself High Overlord of the Apocalypse?

I can't remember from your Skyrim posts whether you intentionally make life harder on yourself to counter the inevitable weakness of open world video game economies or not.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For people who are into such things there are no less than two new multi-part AARs which have posted their first entry on Rock Paper Shotgun within the last five hours.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    He's playing PC, Yev. Also worth noting it's a pre-release build. They dropped a day one patch on consoles and (maybe) PC. I'll say this video looks like an extreme case but then I'd imagine playing for review is one hell of a stress test.
    Why is he reviewing a pre-release build? That's ludicrous.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never heard of that reviewer, which probably plays a part in why he's doing that. Trying to get the jump on the other reviewers, I imagine.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They normally review pre-release code. There's a bit of a delay between the game being finished, the disks being made and the patches being released.

I got distracted while on my way somewhere and ended up meeting up with Paladin "Charles" Danse. Top lad. Ended up fairly well kitted out after our little jaunt and am now pretty capable. Came across my first Super Mutants as well. Those suicide ones

Also - another tip: in your Pip-Boy, there's a thing where you can check on what an individual settlement needs under the Data/Workshops tab. Found out I was woefully understaffed in the security department so spent some time beefing up the amount of turrets and stuff I had set-up.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paladin Danse sounds so much like George Clooney that, even though logic told me it was massively unlikely, I had to check online that he wasn't being voiced by him. Anybody else get that, or just me?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Paladin Danse sounds so much like George Clooney that, even though logic told me it was massively unlikely, I had to check online that he wasn't being voiced by him. Anybody else get that, or just me?
    I've just done that quest, and had exactly the same reaction.

I assume this is now the point that happens in all the Bethesda games I've played, where I join all the various factions despite them otherwise kicking the shit out of each other. I/us all are even in charge of one of them, somehow.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demerit View Post
    Dialogue options. I'm not a fan of the vagueness of the dialogue choices you have, they're often misleading and not actually what I wanted my character to say.
    Already reconsidering my plans to play this as a smooth-talker if this is true. Are we talking Dragon Age 2 levels of misleading?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not found it too bad, but overall the 'persuade' options haven't come over too well. Seems pretty random.

Lock picking is my new fave skill. Easily one of the most useful.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Already reconsidering my plans to play this as a smooth-talker if this is true. Are we talking Dragon Age 2 levels of misleading?
    Never played Dragon Age, but I'm not a particularly massive fan of the way they've done it here. Generally speaking you'll have an obvious 'yes' 'no' and 'unsure' option, and then a random something else. Often just labelled 'sarcastic'.

For example I just encountered a robot with slightly weird speech patterns. I got the reply options of yes, no, unsure and 'game show host'. It does seem a little unlikely that you'd be sure what that's going to lead to.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 'sarcastic' options in DA2 were the worst thing to ever happen to RPG dialogue. Rather than being a jokey dick you often came across as a cackling lunatic.

'What would be a good, smartarse response to the player's sister's dialogue at this point?'
    'Oh, how about "I HOPE YOUR TITS CATCH FIRE YOU HAG LOLOLOL"?'
    'Perfect!'

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The settlement stuff is slightly getting on my tits at this point.

I wandered into one of the settlements the game had insisted I set up just to check everything was alright, only to be greeted by some new fella whinging at me there wasn't enough food and I should do something about it. This despite there being many wild food plants in the same patch of land I'd used to plant a couple of farmable plants. Apparently I need to harvest the wild plants and then replant them in exactly the same place or the retards will starve.

I think it was the point at which I was sneaking into one of my 'rooms' in the dead of night to remove the mouldering corpse that was in there when I liberated the place, carefully dragging the body inches past one of my sleeping settlers, that I realised the game has succeeded in turning me into a post apocalyptic Basil Fawlty. With a robot Manuel.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I've never heard of that reviewer, which probably plays a part in why he's doing that. Trying to get the jump on the other reviewers, I imagine.
    Nah, he's a relatively prominent youtube personality and PR companies are leaning more towards those guys because they're easier to deal with and can reach an audience that conventional media might not touch.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you get more trophies for playing on a harder setting (like COD, with its Veteran achievements) or am I free to play it on whatever the middle setting is called and not regret it at the end?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taffington Boathouse is my new stronghold. What a place

I also met the Brotherhood chap last night, I always feel like I should like them but the characters have been dicks in all three of the games I've played. Lone Ranger FTW.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I repeatedly set the room on fire with Paladin Danse. Not realising that I was the one setting the room on fire. Took a few goes to figure out.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Do you get more trophies for playing on a harder setting (like COD, with its Veteran achievements) or am I free to play it on whatever the middle setting is called and not regret it at the end?
    I'm not trying to sound like That Guy (although I probably am him) but why don't you forget the trophies and play on whatever level feels most fun?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I've had a quest that isn't 'Walk into room, kill everyone, walk out' yet.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't really listen to instructions so used all my minigun bullets before discovering deathclaw. After many deaths and contemplating starting again cos all 3 saves were after wasting the bullets, he got stuck in a hole so I pistolled it to death for a minute. So satisfying.

I've settled for hard. Although whazzed it to survival temporarily to see if I got a 'kill deathclaw on survival' trophy. I did not.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about PS4 Baz, but there are no additional achievements for playing on Survival on XB1 though.