User Tag List

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 1061

Thread: Fallout 4

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you built up your freshwater empire yet? Can make shitloads of caps that way.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of. I have 2 or 3 water purifiers in Sanctuary and 3 or 4 in that little pond (that never drains ) in Starlight diner. Usually gets me between 5-40 Purified waters whenever I check. To be fair they are quite handy to carry around just for healing as well.

I never seem to have enough "Gears" for building shit though. I don't have a lot of STR so it's always a hassle gathering junk.

I have Local Leader 2 now so have also started setting up stores in all my settlements. So far I have maybe 8 settlements and Sanctuary is largest with 15 people in, the others are between 2-10 or so.

Yesterday I was doing this questline with Jack Cabot, some immortal scientist. I ended up killing him and his whole family to side with the batshit father who now is giving me some super-serum as much as I want. Seems very handy.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fulltime fucking job keeping these settlements safe and sound.

It's like having a wasteland tamagochi.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't remember the calculation but you need to have a higher Defence than your Water/Food/Power combined to reduce the frequency of the attacks.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah alright. Been building more defences basically. But I always run out of Oil and Gear.

My STR is only at 4 so I cant carry much.

Now at level 28 or 29 with a high INT and AGI character and a lot of scavenger perks. Mostly running around guns blazing pickingnoff a target i VaTS then taking cover to recharge it (got the Action Boy perks as well).

Just went to Diamond City and got Piper to tag along. Kind of miss the dog though but shes more sociable.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have found and offed Kellogg now, and the BOS showed up in style.

I have sided with them in previous games and was already doing a bunch of missions for that Danse before so was immediately promoted to Knight. I do kind of like siding with them, but they are a little bit insufferable as well. Why can't they just be a little bit cooler?

Anyway it means I now have 3 power armours, but I don't really like using them so I mostly run around in different forms of combat armour (am eyeballing the Commando armour you can buy).

I'm back to sort of exploring and doing find-and-fetch tasks for the brotherhood basically right now. Next step in the main story is going to see this Amari but I'm holding off on that. Also trying to keep all my settlements together but man is it costly building enough shit. I basically am never able to build up a bank becasue I keep building stores and shit, and they don't seem to generate any money at all! there's at mostt like 50-100 caps in my workshops, but I have like maybe 30 stores built at least throughout the wasteland! Even the purified waters seem to sort of restock quite slowly.

Should one just sleep for like 4 days straight, or?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still playing Maz?

I've still got the monster save on the go, but after watching a couple of episodes of Many a True Nerd's You Only Live Once I'm tempted to try a dead is dead run on Survival.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm playing!

Up to level 50 now. I can't really decide what I want my character to be so I keep putting perks all over the place, specially on the SPECIALs which are now all at least 6 I think.

I have highest END and AGI and my strategy in battle is basically to run up close to people and try to shoot them in the face with a plasma gun in VATS, then try to go around a corner and charge up AP again.

My guns are all starting to feel a little weak though. Can't seem to find anything better. The best one I have is probably Kelloggs pistol, or anotther .44 pistol I found with a similarly good perk.

I have gotten most of the Settlements now I think, mostly as Minutemen but I accidentally converted one of them to the Brotherhood. I'm affiliated with both. The best quest I've done so far was dealing with Jack Cabot.

I've explored most parts of the map except the bottom left bit.
    In the main story, I'm supposed to go to The Glowing Sea now. How far along in the Main Quest am I, roughly? Once the main story ends in a game, I tend to really lose interest so I don't want to conclude it too soon.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent stuff.

Think you're about halfway through the main story, give or take.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK so I read about where to find some better guns and went to Vault 81 (which I'd already cleared) and bought the "Overseers Guardian" and fuck me how much better that was

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's brutal.

The explosive machine gun Cricket sells is a beast too.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, Permadeath run on Survival starting now.

https://www.twitch.tv/chemicallocust

This may well be a disaster.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made it to level 7 and the Deathclaw in Concord killed me in a really sloppy way.

Quite enjoyable though and messed up with a couple of SPECIAL point allocations too, so learnings for next time.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like I'm running out of things to do. I've explored the whole map (patches here and there that I've missed but I've basically been along all the edges.

There's a fair few buildings in central boston I haven't bothered with, because they are all so clustered.

No enemies really challenge me now. I'm at level 60 and the toughest ones I kill in 2-3 shots (out of which one usually is a critical) with the Overseers Guardian.

I have gotten I think all the settlements for the Minutemen, the Brotherhood just wants me to get on with the main mission and now I'm doing errands for the Railroad, which ended up being a surprisingly sympathetic organisation at the end of the day. Think I'll pick them over the BOS whenever I am eventually given the choice (which if I know Bethesda, I will have to make).

Next step in the main quest is going to CIT and killing a Courser, which I've put off for days now. It'll take me to the Institute so I suppose I should do that to at least hear what they have to say.

One of the absolute best quests I have done so far was sending a ship of robots flying from one building to another. I'm missing some more of those types of quests, as most others seem more like "go and fetch or go and kill".

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you found the submarine yet?

The DLC is well worth getting (Automatron and Far Harbour especially) if you don't have it yet.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would agree with the DLC recommendations. The first time I did Far Harbor was from level 1 and it was like a game in its own right. Fantastic setting, enemies and quests.

Had another go at a permadeath run and am somehow still alive after 7 days and have hit level 11. One more level and I get the perk that means I can't trigger mines.

It's brilliant playing the game this way everything you do means something and it opens up elements of the game I would have never bothered with otherwise. Taking more endurance than I normally would led to taking the first rank of the Aquaboy perk, which is normally useless, but being able to leg it into water and/or plot an assault from there without taking radiation is a godsend.

Closest I've got to death in this run so far was trying to murder a group of radstags, not realising one was a legendary. While the others took my bullets like champs, he got a bit pissed and charged me. Managed to get a critical and a full VATS round off to take him down as he was inches away from me. We live to fight another day. For now.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Would agree with the DLC recommendations. The first time I did Far Harbor was from level 1 and it was like a game in its own right. Fantastic setting, enemies and quests.
    Can I install this on top of my current save and continue it? And should I finish off the main story before doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Closest I've got to death in this run so far was trying to murder a group of radstags, not realising one was a legendary. While the others took my bullets like champs, he got a bit pissed and charged me. Managed to get a critical and a full VATS round off to take him down as he was inches away from me. We live to fight another day. For now.
    I can literally feel the tension here. When you manage to hit VATS 2 seconds before some fucker mauls you and trying to frantically pick out the right body part to aim at while their attack is reaching you in slow motion

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Have you found the submarine yet?
    I have not! Googled where it is just now. Do I just hop into the water and swim down?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    Can I install this on top of my current save and continue it? And should I finish off the main story before doing so?
    You can indeed and no need to finish the main quest first, you can drop in and out of it as you like. Apparently it's better if you take Nick Valentine with you, but I've not done that.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah just crack on with the DLC. Definitely take Nick to Faaa Habaaaa (there are some unique story lines there).

No need to finish the main story - they're entirely separate.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have reached the institute now. Pretty good plot twist, made all decisions a lot harder.

At the end of the day, I'm ending up supporting the Railroad, which I dunno why exactly but they have a synth who is quite nice down there and while they all do seem a little cooky, I can't quite stand the zealousness of the BoS and the Institute feels a little like a cult inviting trying to lure you in so, the Railroad it was.

(going with the Minutemen I gathered comes with whatever other choice you make anyway).

Have to say I'm starting to feel quite done with this game now. Not sure if I can be bothered with the DLCs, since I didn't get the GoTY edition or whatever and have to pay extra to get them now

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Closing in on level 20 of the Permadeath run and I'm still standing after 20 days in the wasteland.

Now off to Diamond City.

https://www.twitch.tv/chemicallocust

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impressive! Fuck me.

On my end, I think I'm about on the last mission or so. I think I'm making a bit of a U-turn here, siding with the Institute in the end. They are a bunch of cultish fuckheads, but so are all the others, and the Institute seem to have the best options for creating a decent future for the Commonwealth, at the end of the day.

(regards /mr cultist)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not quite Fallout but I picked up Outer Worlds on sale, what did everyone think?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found it good fun. Takes a while to get used to the turn based action. Need to get back to it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I was getting battered at first before I got into the swing. I seem to be at a massive story choice very early doors which is odd.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Not quite Fallout but I picked up Outer Worlds on sale, what did everyone think?
    In the interests of laziness I'll quote my posts from t'other thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I played a good chunk of Outer Worlds over the weekend and it's.... hard to describe exactly how I feel about it. I've been enjoying myself and if you asked me to appraise any particular aspect (the setting, the writing, the voice acting, the combat) I'd at least be positive and in some instances very positive but when I stop it doesn't really occupy my mind any more. It feels like a load of different influences have been crammed together but without getting the extra lick of paint over the finished article that gives the thing its own strong identity. This has bits of Borderlands, Fallout, Firefly, it's got RPG stuff that it doesn't massively lean into, a fairly barebones crafting/upgrading system, fun levels but are then reduced to "go and click on these three things", a 'turn the evil robots against each other' section, Choices That Matter but in a way where it's you're told of Big Consequences that probably never come into play again.

It's a good game, I suspect I'll finish it without having to force myself to go back to it and enjoy it every time I play it but then a year from now I'll probably not remember a great deal about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I finished up Outer Worlds and I'd say my previous thoughts held true that it's perhaps less than the sum of its parts. I like almost everything individually but there's nothing that stopped it leaving me a little cold, and it does feel like you mooch about a bit early doors and then suddenly sprint to the finish unless that's just the way I played it. I think it can be a little guilty of stealth, hacking, lockpicking etc. just being a means of getting by stuff easier rather than it providing a different twist on content. That said the Dishonored games could be a little guilty of that (more so the original) and I love those so that alone isn't the issue.

There are also a few quests later in the game that felt like they should've led to something bigger, specifically the Early Retirement Lottery. It's a good solid 7/10 game that I wish had been more than it was.
    It does hit you with a few big choices early doors though, I'm sure you can technically 'finish' the story, or a version of it, really early.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back on the uber save and I'm now up to level 72. Have made friends with the Railroad and completed the painstaking slog of 'moving' to Greygarden. Now to power it all up and build a house on top of the overpass.

Level 72/286
    XP 200,525/3,092,751
    % Complete = 6.5%

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taken back the castle and progressed the BoS quests enough to get the Vertibird, which is awesome.

Level 77/286
    XP 228,950/3,092,751
    % Complete = 7.4%

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The uber save continues.

Level 97/286
    XP 361,200/3,092,751
    % Complete = 11.7%

Unlocked all of the settlements in the commonwealth now, killed Kellogg, but yet to start any DLC in earnest.

Murkwater Contruction site was so grim I've built a killing factory there.

Toggle Spoiler

Already populated an entire floor with gunner cages and when I've grown enough carrots on site I'll have a floor of Radstags and Yao Guai's and a floor of Deathclaws.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's flipping cool.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers gents. Haven't really used lightboxes much before, but turns out they do 'just work'.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thought of the next gen Bethesda games with crafting systems like this in Skyrim/FO5 makes me tingle in my special place

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't realise you got XP for killing your own settlers.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a play with a never leave Sanctuary playthrough last night, but hit a stumbling block in that for the life of me I could not get something with Crystal in to spawn in one of the crates. Tried dozens of times, in both the one in the bunker and the ones around the exit to the vault and nothing.

Want to do to a playthrough like that as it makes sense from a role playing perspective that you wouldn't leave the safety of the Sanctuary island until you were all tooled up, so might have to sneak to the Speakeasy to nick the camera from there.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So like a mentalist I carried on the above and did it. I've now been in Sanctuary for over 200 in game days, reached level 26 and am over halfway through building a magnificent wall around Sanctuary, which is now complete with Factory, Doctor's Surgery and Trading Emporium.

This save will be the one.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s the end goal?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ultimately finish everything in the game, but more importantly build out all of the settlements. Which I need to do as I unlock them, as I ended up with 30 available in the last save and it was so overwhelming.

Here's half of the front of Sanctuary now.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite one to wall off is The Slog. The concrete walls fit really well around the outline of the pool area really well and it looks mega

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a screenie?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, not that I can get easily - but basically the concrete wall sections can follow the outline of the pool outer wall and you can fence the whole thing in quite nicely, then you can build up the front gate area

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That does sound mustard.

Have you ever had a save where you've redeveloped all settlements?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My main vanilla/launch save I ended up doing pretty much all of them to some degree, even the ones in the DLC. Although I never finished the Vault 88 stuff as it was just too much of a ballache. They were mostly simplistic but I quite enjoyed putting them together.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys' dedication to this game is something else

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rebuild of Sanctuary (before leaving) is continuing a pace. Now have the whole thing walled off in some fashion or other, complete with Mayor's House (that's mine), Factory, Armory, Gunner Cages (they keep kicking my arse whenever I let them out), Hospital and Plastic surgeon, water plant, trading emporium, rooftop bar, diner and drug den. Now just need to complete the decorating (powering things properly with full lighting will have to wait until I get Science 4 and fusion generators) and I can move onto Red Rocket.

Reached level 31 in the process and am sat on over 70,000 caps. Think 9 months of in game time have now passed too, maybe closer to a year.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wife has a problem on her save. She has missed two "affinity talks" with Gage and wants to know how she can get it again. I don't know what she means as I've never played the game. Any ideas?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nuka World (she'll know what I mean) can be a bit weird like that, you have to do certain things in a certain way or lose content forever, so it might not be possible.

I don't know the answer myself, but I've never stumbled into a problem in F4 that couldn't be solved/confirmed via a bit of a Google.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    The wife has a problem on her save. She has missed two "affinity talks" with Gage and wants to know how she can get it again. I don't know what she means as I've never played the game. Any ideas?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comment...re_a_solution/