User Tag List

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1061

Thread: Fallout 4

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, I might need to invest some perk points.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Revere Beach Station cleared (managed it without using any perk points in the end) and County Crossing is my 9th settlement.

I forgot how completely useless Preston Garvey is. Gets in the way, does nothing with that massive hand cannon of his and fucks both my ranks of lone wanderer. Only benefit of having him around while taking settlements is you don't have to trek across the map to turn the quest in.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Fair enough on the rolepplay bit, it ticks that box massively.

Do you have a save on the go all the time?
    I've had one save I played since launch which I completed all the DLC and got up to level 125 or something. Basically became a living god. Then I had a modded save which ended up dying due to Mod-AIDS.

I've not played for a while but was thinking of giving it another spin at some point (possibly on Survival). I keep running into loading bugs with mods and stuff though.

Revere Beach Station cleared (managed it without using any perk points in the end) and County Crossing is my 9th settlement.

I forgot how completely useless Preston Garvey is. Gets in the way, does nothing with that massive hand cannon of his and fucks both my ranks of lone wanderer. Only benefit of having him around while taking settlements is you don't have to trek across the map to turn the quest in.
    Do Automatron and get a killer death robot set up. They actually kill stuff

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to mod dialogue choices into Minecraft and we'll never see Yevrah again.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some streaming now of me trying to build a sniper tower. So finicky.

https://www.twitch.tv/chemicallocust

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything to do with circular concrete is like a staple gun to the nut sack

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It so is.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some streaming now of me trying to build a sniper tower. So finicky.

I can't see anything. Is the video only available if watched live?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe, I might have needed to tick a box to save previous streams. I'll have a looksie for next time.

Played a bit more last night. Went to Diamond City, met Nick and then helped some residents.

Level 66/286
    XP 169,000/3,092,751
    % Complete = 5.5%

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe, I might have needed to tick a box to save previous streams. I'll have a looksie for next time.

Played a bit more last night. Went to Diamond City, met Nick and then helped some residents.

Level 66/286
    XP 169,000/3,092,751
    % Complete = 5.5%
    Cheers - I'd like to watch a few.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely the best way to patrol the wasteland is with your sex robot by your side in matching outfits?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Of course we're a couple."

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back on the uber character and off to meet the Railroad.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple of hours of Friday afternoon Fallout.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Fallout 4 any good then, Yev? Cause all I've read about it is it's a shadow of what 3 and NV was?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love it.

It's different to its predecessors and less of an actual Fallout game as a result, but there's so much there to do that it's still an excellent game in its own right.

I'll be back on this weekend too.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I much preferred 4 to 3 and NV. Probably liked it more than Skyrim too.

I'm tempted to fire it up again but I keep getting issues with loading a new game

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Managed to get it working, so started up a new game with mods. Main one I'm using as a quality-of-life improvement is removing encumbrance (setting my max carry weight at like 500k or something). Means I can crack on through things without having to constantly play the Inventory Manager 2020 side-game.

Currently up to Level 10, still pottering around the Sanctuary area. Went to Diamond City and picked up Piper, currently just going through a few settlements and starting my freshwater empire.

Mostly a melee-focussed build this time after picking up a Bladed Tire Iron, which is pretty effective. Might also get into Chems this game as I've never really used them before. Feels good to be back "home", in the game I've probably sunk more time into that any other.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any streaming Raoul?

Many a True Nerd has got a "Fallout 4 is better than you think" video landing soon too.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really into streaming stuff. Well, never really tried.

Up to level 13 now and just got Pickman's Blade. Went into Hardware Town which is a fun set-up and amusing turning the tables on the Raider scum when they tried to lure me into their shitty trap only for me to stab their heads off

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So on the news that Microsoft have bought Bethesda, apparently the former also own Obsidian, which makes the possibilities immense.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better not make it Xbox exclusive though. I don't want to have to buy two consoles.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm ok maybe I'll have to do this after Wasteland 3 then. Which is soon I think.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any streaming Raoul?

Many a True Nerd has got a "Fallout 4 is better than you think" video landing soon too.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought it, Yev. Gonna start as soon as I manage to finish Wasteland 3. Should be tomorrow

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    I bought it, Yev. Gonna start as soon as I manage to finish Wasteland 3. Should be tomorrow
    Did you get the GOTY version with all the DLC? Worth doing so as it's all pretty good.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An hour into the video @Yevrah - it's brilliant. Did not realise you could do a jet pack/nuke bomb combo (about 39 mins in).

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great stuff. Any advice needed, whack it in here.

Progress update would be good too.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    An hour into the video @Yevrah - it's brilliant. Did not realise you could do a jet pack/nuke bomb combo (about 39 mins in).
    I've played it to death and there are a few things he highlights I didn't really know about/hadn't thought to do.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm up to Level 21 or so now. Just got through Vault 81 (cheesed the molerat shit as having the little indicator on-screen for the entire game made me seethe last time). Kitted myself out with Overseer's Guardian and Spray n Pray so now I'm set weapons-wise for a good while.

Just been through Thicket Excavations which was mostly simple but the main guy was a bit harder than I remember. A few Molotovs to the heid and some complimentary shotgun to the face finished him off though.

So far I've only got shit Legendaries so far Nearly all wank arm protectors or terrible weapons with bad effects. Want my time-slowing magnum I had on a previous play through back...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Did you get the GOTY version with all the DLC? Worth doing so as it's all pretty good.
    Dont think so. Didn't find that in the PS4 store.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great stuff. Any advice needed, whack it in here.

Progress update would be good too.
    Will do for sure! Any tips on character creation and builds? I'm usually not that into playing sneaky in fallout games (never seem to have the patience to walk around slowly enough not to get jumped by something).

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you like using VATS luck and agility are mega.

Oh and play it on Survival mode. Much better game on that mode.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright started yesterday. No fucking clue how to build my character so just sort of evenly distributed stuff with a bit more on INT, LUCK and AGILITY I think. But quickly died from a fucking mosquito in the firs village I came to so once I levelled up I added some endurance straight away.

And the fact that I died from a mosquito on Easy probably tells you why I shouldn't be even getting near something like Survival mode

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Practice using VATS if you're more used to turn-based RPGs rather than FPS. Maybe take higher Agility and Luck to help with Perks in those areas (Action Boy for sure). You don't need to be particularly sneaky and can still make a valid Melee build if you want to play that way. Also worth focussing on Toughness/Medic/Life Giver if you're having trouble with survivability.

Use this to plan out your rough build but don't worry about it too much.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I mean I've played Fallout 3 and NV so I should be familiar with the system tbh, I've just sort of forgotten completely.

In both of those cases I tended to start with an idea of a sneaky or clever/flairful character but as time went by I just sort of ended up charging deahtclaws in a power armour with a chainsaw or something (I really, really do not have a lot of patience when I'm doing gaming).

But then I think I sort of ended being a powerful kind of assault-rifle character in NV, or maybe something like a gunslinger with some electricity weapong or something.

I always like the idea of using VATS but never seem to get how to do it properly. Like when I was playing yestterday I came upon a radier who almost fucked me up because when I was in vats, I couldn't press "X" to actually attack where I was aiming, and I couldn't understand why...

Anyway, now I'm past that raider village and back in Sanctuary. I've got a fucking power armour already so it sort of seems like it should be a breeze from here.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always like the idea of using VATS but never seem to get how to do it properly. Like when I was playing yestterday I came upon a radier who almost fucked me up because when I was in vats, I couldn't press "X" to actually attack where I was aiming, and I couldn't understand why...
    Either you're sprinting about and you've used up all your AP (bottom-right bar) or you had no chance to hit (indicated by the scores on the individual sections like head/arms/legs)

Anyway, now I'm past that raider village and back in Sanctuary. I've got a fucking power armour already so it sort of seems like it should be a breeze from here.
    In FO4 Power Armour runs on Fusion Cores which are limited, so it's unlikely you'll be able to run around indefinitely until you're much later level/rich. Also, pro tip: remember to take your Fusion Cores out of the PA otherwise people can nick the suit!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played a bit more this evening - went through Dunwich Borers and picked up the knife in there. Also, to top it off, got an Explosive Minigun off some random Legendary drop

I need to crack on with one of the factions really. Probably the Railroad to start with to unlock Ballistic Weave but still unsettled as to which way I'll go finally. Did MM in my first run and got someways down the RR path before, but not far. Either them or BOS are most likely options.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK so yesterday I did my first real quest and went to some Factory to clear out some raiders. Got slaughtered like 5 times before even getting there. How am I so shit at this? I play on easy.

Anyway. Before I reached the factory itself, I ran into about 30 ghouls and managed to just get out of that alive but with barely any ammo left. Somehow, I managed to clear out the power plant though (fucking took me ages finding all those raiders though) with like my last little bit of ammo.

Went back to those two people in a shed I helped and they want to join the Minutemen who I'm now a leader for. I feel like if you want to call yourself something, maybe a "minuteman" isn't whats gonna get the ladies going exactly but ok that guy with the hat in Sanctuary seems nice.

After that I spent an unreasonable amount of time building some walls next to that shed and I really don't know what the point of that was but I did it.

Back in Sanctuary now and have built some stuff there. Now I got some other setttlement to go to so I guess I'll go do that. Doesn't seem like I should be heading to Diamond City yet...

But I have a problem which is like half my health is red from Rads, but I can't seem to get a hold of any radaway at all. Where is there like a merchant close to Sanctuary?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll get merchants who come to Sanctuary (one called Trashcan Carla, who's a right sort). If you take the Local Leader perk you can set-up trading posts so that mean the Trading Caravans come through too. Or build stores which you can get settlers to man.

Nearest chem dealer to Sanctuary is either at Abernathy Farm (SSW of Red Rocket) or at Drumlin Diner which is south of the Museum of Freedom between the Gorski Cabin and Starlight Drive-in.

If you want to earn some cash then start focussing on building up Industrial Water Purifiers in the water at Sanctuary. These deposit Purified Water in your Workshop every so often.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys what Mods should I get for PS4...?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently playing with:

Freefall patches - fixes loads of bugs, restores cut content
    All you can carry - unlimited weight
    SimpleGreen - adds a bit of colour back into the world
    AWKCR - used by a bunch of mods for simplicity
    Clean & Smooth - Complete - tidies up loads of mess in settlements
    Buffed Minutemen Militia - improves the patrols around the wasteland
    Moddable Robot Settlers
    Insignificant Object Remover
    Dogs Not Brahmin - replaces one with the other as the cows are annoying as shit
    Jetpack - No AP or Fusion Core drain - unlimited jet packing
    Clean Prydwen
    Companion Overhaul - means they can wear PA without it getting damaged and have infinite ammo
    Daswolfen's Sanctuary Hill Bridge - fixes the bridge and removes the corpses
    Slower Respawn Rate - means you don't have to continually clear places you've been to
    Craftable Vault 81 Cure

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really wouldn't bother with mods, they're diseased.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I'm currently playing with:

Freefall patches - fixes loads of bugs, restores cut content
    All you can carry - unlimited weight
    SimpleGreen - adds a bit of colour back into the world
    AWKCR - used by a bunch of mods for simplicity
    Clean & Smooth - Complete - tidies up loads of mess in settlements
    Buffed Minutemen Militia - improves the patrols around the wasteland
    Moddable Robot Settlers
    Insignificant Object Remover
    Dogs Not Brahmin - replaces one with the other as the cows are annoying as shit
    Jetpack - No AP or Fusion Core drain - unlimited jet packing
    Clean Prydwen
    Companion Overhaul - means they can wear PA without it getting damaged and have infinite ammo
    Daswolfen's Sanctuary Hill Bridge - fixes the bridge and removes the corpses
    Slower Respawn Rate - means you don't have to continually clear places you've been to
    Craftable Vault 81 Cure

I really wouldn't bother with mods, they're diseased.

So this has me a little conflicted.
    @Raoul Duke - are all of these mods applicable on an already existing Save-game? Some of them seem like they are a little bit cheaty like unlimited carrying weight. I don't really give much of a shit tbh. But stuff that may fix bugs or maybe liven up the world around you I wouldn't mind so much.
    @Yevrah - Why...?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've started a new game, so I'm not bothered about keeping it vanilla. These things tend to work better when you start a new game (e.g. the bug fixes) but some work fine applied afterwards.

It can be a risk as they can bork your save.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Down with mods.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My issue with mods is Maz that as they're made by amateurs there's generally always something in them that's immersion breaking and/or a bit janky. I can also never decide what set-up I want to go with, which makes me restart even more than I normally do.

If it's your first playthrough I'd just go with the vanilla game.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yeah I'm sticking with it since I already started.

So far have just been basically helping settlements and pouring most of my Level Perk points into my SPECIAL stats for lack of idea of what I want to commit to. But looking like I'll play some sort of Automatic-rifle / Sniper combo (picking off one or two enemies from afar before rushing in guns blazing basically).

I have high INT and also got the Idiot Savant 1&2 perks which doesn't synergise well, but I noticed quickly that building a shit ton of picket fences and signs and other useless shite in your settlements is a stellar way to earn XP early on.

Up to level 19 now and I'm still dying ALL. THE. TIME. but really enjoying the game so far.

Oh and I've also randomly joined the Brotherhood of Steel. Those fuckers always have me a bit ambivalent.
    I like my Minutemen for a faction so far so if given the choice I feel like I'll go with them.

Quite a lot left to explore in northwestern part of the map still. Haven't gotten around to going to Diamond City yet.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorting out your settlements is surprisingly fun and addictive

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed. If you get into it it's a proper game in and of itself.