User Tag List

Thread: World of Warcraft

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World of Warcraft

I know a few of you here play/played this. With the announcement of Legion and it's changes coming, temptation to return has come back (albeit it means starting on a clean account).

Demon Hunter, Artifacts all sound nice but an actual 'revamp' to PvP with the ideas of ranks is winning me over, even though no new battlegrounds will be released on launch.

This bloke does a decent summary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmnigpOHTps
    Test.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine that, just like Draenor, I'll re-sub a week before it's out then play for about a month or two before quitting again.

Sama, fancy some WoWing again with the new Demon Hunter's?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hate myself for being so tempted by Classic.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a raid together and take on Hogger.

I never played during the time that Classic is replicating. It had already been streamlined a little by the time I bought it a little while before Lich King came out.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Classic is fun.

Not so much when you're playing with Sama and he suddenly falls asleep at the keyboard though.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too many [purposely replicated] bugs for me to even consider it.

Fun idea, but I prefer to have good memories of playing it at the time, rather than jumping back in and wishing I hadn’t. Feels good to have played from launch though. Man, I gave a lot of hours to that game. What a game!
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    I really hate myself for being so tempted by Classic.
    I can confirm that this game is still crack cocaine.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing horde on Gandling PVP if anyone is interested.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God I can't imagine trying to get back into it now.

And sod getting ganked on PvP because I'm a scrub. :P

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How you getting on @dino?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Level 18 orc rogue, level 20 undead warrior. Probably going to start on a tauren shaman tonight. Never making it to 60 am I.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taurens.

Fucking Garrosh.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Playing horde on Gandling PVP if anyone is interested.
    Wish I’d rembered this about an hour ago. Me and The Reid are starting - he’s Druid and I’m an undead priest so I’ve run from tirisfal glades to Thunderbluff to quest together. On Nethergarde Keep (pve) server though.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m way into this.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get playing, Webly. Horde on Nethergarde Keep.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever my mates used to be all "Ooooh [thing that made my life easier], WE DIDN'T GET THAT BEFORE BURNING CRUSADE!" it was like I was supposed to be jealous of a time when the game sounded way more annoying. :P

Also I have enough of a timesink game with Apex.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -james- View Post
    Never making it to 60 am I.
    Tonight could be the night. Exactly five months to the day since I started playing. You still playing?

Ditched my priest, cos The Reid stopped playing, and now I'm an undead rogue. Now I just log on the priest whenever a guildie is getting an SFK/RFK boost, sat at level 26 or something.

Still not raided, which I'm absolutely gutted about, because my guild raids at 6pm on a Saturday, and the bathtime routine starts at 7 so it's completely impossible for me to join in, but I'm still loving every minute of it. Infact, I'm not even Ony attuned. I only play about two hours a night but it's every night and I never turn it off and think it wasn't great fun. Contrary to popular belief, 55-60 has been ridiculous fast levelling because as soon as you're doing BRD runs, the xp is crazy. Did the Lyceum room with two mages the other night and we just kept clearing and clearing it cos their AoE just annhilated everything. I was there as a useless rogue, trying to actually stab something before they're frost nova'd to death, but loving it all the same. I wanna do MC so bad though. I did Onyxia on Vanilla but never Molten Core.

Gonna try and do UBRS tonight, which will get me closer to Ony attunement and sort me out for BWL attunement in one swoop, as well as some sick loot. And that almighty ding to 60, baby!

Honestly, I think I'm addicted. When I'm not playing it, I'm thinking about it, or reading about it, or planning gear on sixtyupgrades, or reading about the quests in my log on wowhead, or posting about it on Reddit, or chatting about it on Discord. I just bloody love it.

Also lol at me in April:
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Too many [purposely replicated] bugs for me to even consider it.

Fun idea, but I prefer to have good memories of playing it at the time, rather than jumping back in and wishing I hadn’t. Feels good to have played from launch though. Man, I gave a lot of hours to that game. What a game!
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, hit 60 on my warrior (undead) a few weeks ago. I agree 50-60 felt a breeze, much easier than the 10 levels before it. I generally enjoyed levelling far more than I thought I would and quite want to do it again. Dat endorphin rush when you ding. :meep:

Working on getting geared but it feels like I'm a few months late. Decided my priority would be getting exalted with the AV lot because of the ring, mace and cheap epic mount, but it's taking absolutely ages because it takes about 45 minutes to get into a battleground. After that's done I'll probably have to shell out a zillion gold on a Lionheart Helm.

I've not raided yet either. I'm free on different evenings every week so I'm not sure how I'm ever going to make it work. I really want to do BWL/AQ etc. at some point though so maybe I'll just break up with my girlfriend.

It is fucking addicting though. Takes serious restraint to not waste my day on it when working from home.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m back at this.

Started prematurely as a warlock on Era (what is essentially WoW Classic “Vanilla” before any expansions) but decided to sack that off and have put in some big boy pants and I’m finally playing Wrath of the Lich King. But because I was enjoying having a pet with the warlock, I’ve gone for a Hunter. Back in 2005 when the game first came out, I was a hunter, so it’s nice and familiar.

Made the long run from Undercity to Dun Morough, and only died about twenty times. Was worth it though because I’m now the proud owner of a white bear. I’m called Ggun, he’s called Bullet. Together we’ll get to level 80.

Just done Ragefire Chasm and hit level 15. Nice to see people still doing low level classic dungeons. Can’t wait for WC and SFK.

You not still playing @-james-?

Some of my old guild from Classic (I stopped playing just before Phase 5, so completely skipped The Burning Crusade) are still playing and have transferred to Golemagg PVP server, so that’s where I am. All fresh though, not transferred anyone across, so I’ve no bags or gold. Although some kind soul gave me 100g for doing some quests with him.

I’m slowly learning about heirlooms, dailies, and heroics. The LookingForGroup chat gets a bit overwhelming cos I don’t know what any of the Wrath acronyms mean so I drop in and out of it. Hopefully by the time I’m level 60 and moving into TBC content, I’ll have got my head around it.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrath of the Lich King was definitely the highlight of the period of WoW when I played.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's probably coming to steam at some point. I er... might get in then.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Wrath of the Lich King was definitely the highlight of the period of WoW when I played.
    Get on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    It's probably coming to steam at some point. I er... might get in then.
    Playing Classic or “Retail” though? There is only one correct answer. Golemagg server, I’ll buy you bags.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my big sexy boy:

Level 16 and collecting WC quests. What a feeling!
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get on it.
    Oh god no, couldn't bring myself to play it now.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You get a mount at level 20?! Ride on, bitches.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m back at this.

Started prematurely as a warlock on Era (what is essentially WoW Classic “Vanilla” before any expansions) but decided to sack that off and have put in some big boy pants and I’m finally playing Wrath of the Lich King. But because I was enjoying having a pet with the warlock, I’ve gone for a Hunter. Back in 2005 when the game first came out, I was a hunter, so it’s nice and familiar.

Made the long run from Undercity to Dun Morough, and only died about twenty times. Was worth it though because I’m now the proud owner of a white bear. I’m called Ggun, he’s called Bullet. Together we’ll get to level 80.

Just done Ragefire Chasm and hit level 15. Nice to see people still doing low level classic dungeons. Can’t wait for WC and SFK.

You not still playing @-james-?

Some of my old guild from Classic (I stopped playing just before Phase 5, so completely skipped The Burning Crusade) are still playing and have transferred to Golemagg PVP server, so that’s where I am. All fresh though, not transferred anyone across, so I’ve no bags or gold. Although some kind soul gave me 100g for doing some quests with him.

I’m slowly learning about heirlooms, dailies, and heroics. The LookingForGroup chat gets a bit overwhelming cos I don’t know what any of the Wrath acronyms mean so I drop in and out of it. Hopefully by the time I’m level 60 and moving into TBC content, I’ll have got my head around it.

Nah I quit at the end of Vanilla Classic. I still think about it and miss it but I can never go back. I think I only enjoy games when I can get super obsessively autistically into them, and covid times where I had absolutely nothing else to do was the only time that'll ever be feasible for a game like WoW.

My guild ended up in the top 30 or something worldwide Naxxramas speed runs which felt mega at the time. I recorded our last run.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never did a raid but there was a period where we had a regular crew for five mans which I enjoyed a lot.

One of my mates used to play hunter while I'd tank as warrior. I'd tell him to ease up because I was about to lose aggro, he'd crack on anyway and then blame me when he got squished. Years later he started playing something else (Guild Wars 2, maybe?) with other friends and he tanked and he messaged me one day apologising for being such a cunt about it and finally understand my annoyance.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably not Guild Wars then since threat isn't a thing there, how tanking works is a bit weird.