Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Games

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mobile Games

Whats everyone playing at the moment?

I have been playing Score Hero a lot and very much enjoying it. I have even restarted a few times just to have something to play at work

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tap Titans, almost excessively.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My iPad broke so my Score Hero career was cut short.

Currently the only game I play is Marvel War Of Heroes. Really gone off it lately though, so hopefully I can trade all my cards for Power Packs and then sell those for real cash. I stole all of the cards I have too.

Best game I've played recently was Bloons TD5. Yet another tower defence game, but played out nicely and the upgrades were all very achievable. I also played quite a bit of Pac-Man Championship Edition DX but after a while realised I'm not a big fan of Pac-Man and sacked it off.
    I'm a twit

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never found a single mobile game I could be bothered wasting battery on. I tried GTA Chinatown on my tablet for a while but the controls on a touchscreen are too fiddly.

EDIT: Bar Pool Break Pro and Stickman Golf.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I've never found a single mobile game I could be bothered wasting battery on. I tried GTA Chinatown on my tablet for a while but the controls on a touchscreen are too fiddly.
    Does that mean you've never played Game Dev Story?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play a lot on my iPad. As with everything I game on, I have too many games on it.
    I play mostly Rebuild 3, Door Kickers, Puzzle & Dragons, Terraria, Card Crawl, FTL and Ascension. Also any Choice of Games game, I really like those interactive novels. Got some other games on it that I play every now and then, did some Loot & Legends today. Of course I also have games installed I still need to play, including Dungeon of the Endless, Galactic Keep and Desktop Dungeons.

On my Samsung phone I only play the Kairosoft games. Got all of them and finished most of them at least once. Only the last 3 not, but I'm working on that.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Does that mean you've never played Game Dev Story?
    Never heard of it.

EDIT: Well, until just now.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quality game, that, if you're not going to like it, you won't like anything.

I don't normally play new games on the phone as by the time I get a chance, my battery is dead, but if I'm on a coach journey I'll smash out a good tower defence game, or an RPG on a SNES or GBA emulator.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fallout shelter, Monster legends and walkin dead

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best mobile game (easily the best) is Monument Valley. It's worth every penny of the relatively cheap cost.

It's staggeringly beautiful for a phone game, with smooth animation and really well-designed puzzles.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalAussie View Post
    The best mobile game (easily the best) is Monument Valley. It's worth every penny of the relatively cheap cost.

It's staggeringly beautiful for a phone game, with smooth animation and really well-designed puzzles.

It was lovely but both the main game and the add-ons were far too short and easily finished.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samadini View Post
    Quality game, that, if you're not going to like it, you won't like anything.

I don't normally play new games on the phone as by the time I get a chance, my battery is dead, but if I'm on a coach journey I'll smash out a good tower defence game, or an RPG on a SNES or GBA emulator.
    It, and the other games by the same developer, looks a bit shit really. To be honest, so long as I have Pool Break Pro on my tablet then I can kill time anywhere.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was lovely but both the main game and the add-ons were far too short and easily finished.
    I can see why that would be a problem for some, but I'm totally fine with mobile games being short, as long as they're cheap and that care has been paid to what game there is. I'd rather a well-made short game than a longer game where they're just designing by the numbers.

It's not so expensive that I expect more, and the game itself is well-crafted and carefully designed. So I'm alright with it - it is a mobile game after all. But I do appreciate that not everyone will agree on that point.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It, and the other games by the same developer, looks a bit shit really. To be honest, so long as I have Pool Break Pro on my tablet then I can kill time anywhere.
    Ok, so the problem isn't that you can't find a game to waste your battery on, it's that you can't be bothered to even try them.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samadini View Post
    Ok, so the problem isn't that you can't find a game to waste your battery on, it's that you can't be bothered to even try them.
    It looks like it was made for a NES.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see why that would be a problem for some, but I'm totally fine with mobile games being short, as long as they're cheap and that care has been paid to what game there is. I'd rather a well-made short game than a longer game where they're just designing by the numbers.

It's not so expensive that I expect more, and the game itself is well-crafted and carefully designed. So I'm alright with it - it is a mobile game after all. But I do appreciate that not everyone will agree on that point.
    To be honest it only bugs me because it was so good. Very few developers have put in effort like they did into design and feel.

I haven't it installed on anything at the moment, has there been any more than the original and first add-on set of levels?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like it was made for a NES.
    It's far and away the best game I've played on a phone. That first playthrough was magical.

Their other games, while good, failed to reach the high standard of Game Dev Story.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest it only bugs me because it was so good. Very few developers have put in effort like they did into design and feel.

I haven't it installed on anything at the moment, has there been any more than the original and first add-on set of levels?
    There's another special one-off level which is quite good, and that's the last one I believe.

It's basically made by one guy, so I imagine making it longer would require some trade-offs in quality and/or pricing. A much longer version with that level of care would certainly be amazing though.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's another special one-off level which is quite good, and that's the last one I believe.

It's basically made by one guy, so I imagine making it longer would require some trade-offs in quality and/or pricing. A much longer version with that level of care would certainly be amazing though.
    Downloaded it again last night and noticed the new stuff, the dream one. Got through a bit, looking forward to a proper sit down with it. New stuff

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't usually get on with mobile games, but 80 Days is ace.

It's based on the famous cartoon albeit with them inexplicably making Fogg a human instead of a lion for some reason.

You play Passepartout accompanying and seeing to his whims and sense of frou-frou Englishness while plotting your course across the world. I've got a little addicted to it, and after a few goes managed to absolutely batter it finally by getting back to the Reform Club with two weeks to spare thanks to a diversion to Munich where I made £7000 on a Rembrandt, which easily funded the way straight to Vladivostok and from San Francisco to New York. The go before that, Fogg froze to death.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    You play Passepartout accompanying and seeing to his whims and sense of frou-frou Englishness while plotting your course across the world. I've got a little addicted to it, and after a few goes managed to absolutely batter it finally by getting back to the Reform Club with two weeks to spare thanks to a diversion to Munich where I made £7000 on a Rembrandt, which easily funded the way straight to Vladivostok and from San Francisco to New York. The go before that, Fogg froze to death.
    I picked it up based on this. Looks fun, but I've had a couple of technical difficulties.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    I don't usually get on with mobile games, but 80 Days is ace.

It's based on the famous cartoon albeit with them inexplicably making Fogg a human instead of a lion for some reason.
    Loved the game, though a while ago. With the massive update they did, might be worth going back to it.

Never watched the cartoon, but did read the book, though. No lion in the book either.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I encountered Fix on my last playthrough which was nice, still no sign of the real antagonist yet mind you

His twinkly eye scared the hell out of me

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen a review of some new games today and liked the sound of In Fear I Trust. Downloaded it there and will give it a go when I'm on my own as I suspect having sound on will really add to it. I'm hoping it's more puzzle than first person type though.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ItalAussie did you give Prune a go? It's no Monument Valley buy it's very nice.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't yet, but it looks right up my alley. I'll pick it up and report back.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done a bit more 80 days, had some fun runs, but uninstalled it. I downloaded Don't Starve, but haven't played it yet. Probably will this weekend.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've played through Prune, including the bonus stars.

It's lovely, although it's a very different game to Monument Valley. Both are good when you're looking to relax, and the visual and audio aesthetics really contribute to that. It's a fantastic game for killing five minutes or so. The difficulty never gets particularly high, even in the later levels. It seems like it's on the short side, but I don't mind that in phone games.

Recommend.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add another vote for Monument Valley here, an extra point because it was free on that Amazon Underground thing too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fairway Solitaire, Infinite Loop and Hearthstone are basically the only games I'm playing on my phone right now. Did play a little Game Dev Story but I kinda burned out on it before I got around to developing my own console.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finished Shadowrun Returns today. Lovely game, now onto Shadowrun Dragonfall.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I finished Shadowrun Dragonfall. Quite liked both games, surely a recommendation for anyone who likes the xcom gameplay of turns, cover, overwatch and blasting stuff.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ItalAussie Evo Explores. Blatant Monument Valley ripoff, but it's one of the better ones.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked Monument Valley so much that I'm on board with anyone else trying to do the same thing. Purchased and ready to play.

Much appreciated.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone playing Clash Royale?
    I was expecting it to be rubbish, it's actually rather great!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Card games. Ascension, Star Realms and Card Crawl already were favorites. Now Baseball Highlights 2045 takes up way too much time of my life. Love that game, though.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    99 Rockets.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patje View Post
    I love Card games. Ascension, Star Realms and Card Crawl already were favorites. Now Baseball Highlights 2045 takes up way too much time of my life. Love that game, though.
    Get on Deck Heroes. I started on Friday and I've gone balls deep into it, it's fantastic.

Also, in general terms. Everyone should get on Star Knight

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...arKnight&hl=en

It's great.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might try Deck Heroes, but a first look to a youtube clip and screenshots shows collecting and levelling. Not sure it'll fit, as I prefer deck building games to collectible card games.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Star Knight looks amazing, but I can't bring myself to enjoy touch-screen 2D platforming.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patje's posts make me miss Marvel War Of Heroes. That game became the most important thing in my life for a good few months.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta love a good card game.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never Alone: Ki Edition is good.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahow View Post
    Get on Deck Heroes. I started on Friday and I've gone balls deep into it, it's fantastic.

Also, in general terms. Everyone should get on Star Knight

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...arKnight&hl=en

It's great.
    In App Purchases can fuck off in any game.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Summer Sports is the best iPhone game EVER.

Download it here: https://appsto.re/gb/Zww_db.i

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is indeed, I fucking love it.

My records are:

100m - 8.61s
    110m Hurdles - 11.32s
    Javelin - 131.68m
    Long Jump - 11.34m
    Cycling - 7.82s
    Total Score - 271.

Stuck on challenge 24, I've also been trying to go for 'The Unbeatable' in Long Jump and Javelin but I've just spotted that it's impossible to do it in the javelin right now as the world's best is 149.99.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those times are unreal.

Pity you can't make a league, like you can compare scores with your Facebook mates.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Wiki Game

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)