User Tag List

Thread: A History of Violence

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A History of Violence

Do you have one?

I think I'm in a minority when I say I've never been in a fight. Nor have I been in trouble with the police.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

I had a large mouth on me when I was in school which saw me get punched three times* but I just laughed in their faces instead of punching back, I just didn't see the point.

*The first time I went to 'the hardest kid in the year' and said something about his mother, I got bullied in primary school and it only stopped when I threatened to hit the guys back with a stick. This was me getting out in front of any potential bullying by taking a punch. I made sure to do it in front of the staff room so he got a detention ofc.

The second time was a weedy kid, we had been talking shit to each other for a couple of years. I was walking to the canteen for some lunch, I saw him running towards me so I started to open my mouth and he punched me. As soon as he did he ran away in fear of retaliation.

The third time, there was a large kid (bigger than me in terms of height and weight) who most people liked but we would also talk shit about him in Latin class. One day we were doing so and either I said something really bad to him or it was the straw that broke the camels back. He walked over to me, punched me in the face and then walked out. The teacher was so scared of him that the kid didn't even get punished.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only ever been involved with the police once. I was doing an 11th Grade science project that involved hundreds of live mosquitos, and Canada's Border Services Agency didn't take as much appreciation for the effects of cinnamaldehyde on mosquito eradication as I did.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm the only Betts male without a police record (as opposed to a criminal record) for it.

I would like to get into a fight at some point whilst I'm young enough to enjoy it. Preferably with a couple of people. I think it would be interesting.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Me and Randrew could fight you. Be painfully one-sided mind you.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would forfeit rather than come into contact with his clammy hands.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry. Clammy little hands.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a few fights at school but that's par for the course. Nothing as an adult, which hopefully won't change.

leedsrevolution
    Where's Mellin?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People have took swings at me twice but I have never been in a fight or battered anybody or anything. If anybody actually hit me it'd be interesting to find out if my innate cowardice was overwhelmed by some wobbly inner rage.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once in a bar/nightclub in Hong Kong two locals started fighting with our group caught in the middle. It was a really shitty catfight and one of them clawed my face as he went for the other, so I started to hold them apart. A bouncer came over and rather than split up the fight, grabbed me and proceeded to haul/throw me down several flights of stairs. So that was fun.

There was another time somebody tried to hit me in a nightclub, but missed in the most pathetic fashion before I smacked him properly and walked away. I think that's it as an adult, and any playground fights weren't really worth remembering details.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never hit anyone.

Once my mate got into a stupid and totally needless fight in a bar, and I just walked away from the scene. I would get battered for a friend if it was right, but on this occasion he was just being a tit.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thought of Tobias' giant, pasty bonce being dragged across a room full of Asians has made my night. It would have looked like an iceberg at night.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never really been in a proper fight, but I have punched a few people and I've been punched once. Both times I've punched someone as an adult I've been attacked first and I don't see any point in getting involved in fights, but both punches were warranted to calm the situation. As a young kid I used to lash out violently easily, but luckily I grew out of it before primary school ended. The punch I received was pitiful, but as the 'fight' was ended by the police they asked if I wanted to press charges, which was all sorts of lol as I had smacked one of the two to the wall and was in the process of shoving the other guys sunglasses to his mouth

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never been in a fight or punched anyway.

It seems to help being relatively broad these days as if anything looks like kicking off with a friend and a random I usually settle it down with a tap on the shoulder.

"Is there a problem here?"

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take it 'broad' was an auto-correct.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a short Arse mind.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not beyond school. I wouldn't say I've mellowed. Just become more afraid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    Never been in a fight or punched anyway.

It seems to help being relatively broad these days as if anything looks like kicking off with a friend and a random I usually settle it down with a tap on the shoulder.

"Is there a problem here?"
    I'm the opposite. I think being quite big but also incredibly baby-faced makes some people see me as a prime target for trying to look hard.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A fair few fights in school but nothing since. Not proper fights anyway. I got twatted in the face when hammered on a night out after seeing a few lads have a scuffle and trying to be the hero peacekeeper. Served me right.

Other than that, just fights in school. Gave a kid a nosebleed when he fouled me too many times playing football. Felt like he nearly broke my leg the last time so I flipped out a bit. There was another thing in Y7, which I remember now with a feeling of relief that the kid wasn't properly hurt. This Y8 lad squared up to my friend (think there was history) at a church bonfire party and they went for it. It was at a garden centre for some reason so there were large areas where nobody else was around. This other bloke had my mate pinned on the floor and was punching him in the face so I came in and basically took a goal kick into the side of this kid's head. I was only in Y7 but shit, could have been a bit bad tbh as I basically toe poked him as hard as I could. I don't think I was really aware of what damage I could have done. Anyway he was lying on the floor and we walked off. I saw him knocking around school and he gave me a bit of aggro on occasion when I wasn't with anyone but nothing too horrendous.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    I'm the opposite. I think being quite big but also incredibly baby-faced makes some people see me as a prime target for trying to look hard.
    Your brother was not happy when I
    Met him.
    He probably came as close as anyway to smacking me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's definitely not the fighting type so I find that hard to believe.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been in some minor scrapes, almost all on the football field. Otherwise no violence for me.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twice ever outside of a rugger bugger context, which is pretty amazing now I come to think about it. Inside a rugger bugger context? Probably hundreds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never hit anyone or even come that close to it really.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm incredibly tranquil in real life, so I've never been in a fight or really gotten anywhere near one. I wouldn't hesitate if I felt it was the right thing to do but I've never been in that situation.

I do sometimes find myself wondering how I would fare in a fight with one of my friends. I reckon I'd do well but who knows?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of near fights which has given me the confidence in that if it ever hits the fan I know that I'm not a 'flight' person. I've punched a few people but never really had a fight, in that they've not retaliated for whatever reason. I feel I'm too old to get away with it now, I'm too conscious of the fact that the human body is very fragile really and one bad fall and a crack of the head could mean someone being seriously injured, either myself or the other person leading to a prison sentence.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been in 3 memorable fights (that I can know of).

1: Three lads thought they could just fit in front of us in a club queue, I was with my work mates from a factory (no they were just small guys) so I said 'Erm no' and the main guy gave me a cheeky dig in the pus as a warning shot. I translated this backwards momentum in to forward thrust and headbutted the fucking face off the prick. Then his two mates piled in. I was just focusing on the lead guy so I took a good few bangs to the head before the coppers split it up. I don't remember anything after that but apparently I got involved in two other fights that night as well.

2: In a club again with my workmates a different foop dressed in tennis gear (I remember this vividly) so were his mates, he banged in to me so I leant on him and shoved him out the way. Next thing I remember getting sucker punched three times in the side of the head, it's a weird feeling as you lose vision and hearing temporarily, came to my senses, turned around and I saw him heading up the stairs so I just flew as fast as I could after him knocking people out of the way. I don't know if I landed a shot but we ended up in a big crowd. Someone must have got sick of it, or maybe his mates but someone landed an absolute pearler right on my beak. It must have knocked me out for a bit because I remember being dragged away by the bouncers. That was the week before my wedding lol. I was terrified I had a broken nose.

3: The infamous jawgate. It has since transpired I landed the first blow and knocked some teeth out and did enough damage for the wei cunt to have stitches in his lip. No damage to Brock Lesnar though.

Not been in a fight since, daren't, to be honest.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a short fuse at times, especially if some randomer is doing something to a friend/family/girlfriend that I don't like. Had a few fights over the years, depending on the situation I do tend to loose it.

Was walking down Birmingham High Street after a night out for a friend's missus birthday. Girlfriend and all other lasses were in front and us behind, some lad decided to chuck his food and it landed straight into the back of my girlfriends head, didn't account for that fact I was near him, smashed him straight in the ribs to wind him then leathered him one in the face. Didn't know why I reacted like that but it was rather instantaneous.

Another was where this lad was bugging the girlfriend on her birthday, told him several times to leave her alone. Was in a nightclub and I'd had a few drinks before that but gave the lad something of a final warning, went for a piss and come back to see he was still trying to slime all over her. The 'red mist' descended and I just went over and head-butted him straight on the nose, popped it then smashed him one in the ribs. Bouncers come over and kicked him out and gave me a pat on the back for actually not doing something sooner heh.

Other then that had the usual drunk scraps, football related kick-ins and so forth. Part and parcel of life sort of deals.
    Test.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    I have been in 3 memorable fights (that I can know of).

1: Three lads thought they could just fit in front of us in a club queue, I was with my work mates from a factory (no they were just small guys) so I said 'Erm no' and the main guy gave me a cheeky dig in the pus as a warning shot. I translated this backwards momentum in to forward thrust and headbutted the fucking face off the prick. Then his two mates piled in. I was just focusing on the lead guy so I took a good few bangs to the head before the coppers split it up. I don't remember anything after that but apparently I got involved in two other fights that night as well.

2: In a club again with my workmates a different foop dressed in tennis gear (I remember this vividly) so were his mates, he banged in to me so I leant on him and shoved him out the way. Next thing I remember getting sucker punched three times in the side of the head, it's a weird feeling as you lose vision and hearing temporarily, came to my senses, turned around and I saw him heading up the stairs so I just flew as fast as I could after him knocking people out of the way. I don't know if I landed a shot but we ended up in a big crowd. Someone must have got sick of it, or maybe his mates but someone landed an absolute pearler right on my beak. It must have knocked me out for a bit because I remember being dragged away by the bouncers. That was the week before my wedding lol. I was terrified I had a broken nose.

3: The infamous jawgate. It has since transpired I landed the first blow and knocked some teeth out and did enough damage for the wei cunt to have stitches in his lip. No damage to Brock Lesnar though.

Not been in a fight since, daren't, to be honest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK movie, probably a bit predictable really, good atmosphere though. Not sure it's worth a dedicated thread this far from release, mind.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the stair sex scene get you hard?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not as hard as Sam.