User Tag List

Thread: Sales and Bargains (Sponsored by the rise of Black Friday)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who the fuck is buying the Xbox with no disc drive?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Who the fuck is buying the Xbox with no disc drive?
    The 50% of people that don't buy physical games and want 100 quid off.

You can already pay Microsoft 12 quid a month to get a Netflix selection style that includes: 240 games - 154 on Xbox One, 35 on Xbox 360, 56 from Xbox Live Arcade and one from the original Xbox.

Which is where they want to make their money rather than giving GAME/Electronics Boutique a 30% cut of every sale.

edit: Just for example, what are you more likely to be sold on; a 500 quid console that you can buy physical games for or a 30 quid a month contract that comes with 100+ free games but no disk drive.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    The 50% of people that don't buy physical games and want 100 quid off.

You can already pay Microsoft 12 quid a month to get a Netflix selection style that includes: 240 games - 154 on Xbox One, 35 on Xbox 360, 56 from Xbox Live Arcade and one from the original Xbox.

Which is where they want to make their money rather than giving GAME/Electronics Boutique a 30% cut of every sale.

edit: Just for example, what are you more likely to be sold on; a 500 quid console that you can buy physical games for or a 30 quid a month contract that comes with 100+ free games but no disk drive.
    Fair fucks. I had no idea it was that popular. I downloaded GTA on the PS4 and it was fucking painful.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Fair fucks. I had no idea it was that popular. I downloaded GTA on the PS4 and it was fucking painful.
    No-one will actually say it out loud because retailers don't want to bring it up and games don't want to piss off retailers but from what I understand it's around there (but chages game by game)

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    No-one will actually say it out loud because retailers don't want to bring it up and games don't want to piss off retailers but from what I understand it's around there (but chages game by game)
    Probably right. Given that retail (I'm talking GAME, basically) charge RRP, you'd probably prefer to pre-load or download for the same amount of money at release. Hopefully fibre becomes the bog standard internet by then.