User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [FOOTBALL] Weekend Football 6-8 November (Benny Special - Arsenal vs Tottenham)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Willan is your top scorer and best player you know you are in trouble.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Tim Howard and Brad Friedel.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Borthwick-Jackson on for Utd... he needs to shorten that surname.

Fucking hell, Crewe. 1-0 to Eastleigh.
    He looked like his dad forced him to be there.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a phenomenal ball by Shaqiri.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is great.

To be fair if Chelsea won Steve Holland would have been given the job.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm only just catching this after getting in from our match. Have Chelsea been shit again? The half time stats I saw suggested they were well on top, at least until the break.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do Sky keep pronouncing Wollscheid as Bullshite. Prob just me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jose has now smashed the TV in his hotel after that pen claim

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were downright awful today, created next to nothing, defended poorly and couldn't string a pass together in the second half.

Second worst performance of the season after the city game.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arnautivic is such a cock for not laying the ball off there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think that'll be it for Mourinho.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea deserved at least a draw there. That being said, had they earned a draw, Arnautovic would feel like a bit of a cock.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cesc lost the ball quite alot when he came on.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    13 points off 4th and 9 points off any European football. It has to be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Normally sackings are timed around the Int break.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, he's surely gone.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's made a bigger pigs ear out of the title defence than oor Davie.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demerit View Post
    We were downright awful today, created next to nothing, defended poorly and couldn't string a pass together in the second half.

I thought you looked good. You could easily have gone on a goal up at half time. You didn't do a lot in the second half but I think that was more about us startimg to press and use our pace more effectively. In the first half we were too rigid and too long ball. Even given our improvement after halftime you'd have come away with a goalless draw if not for mistakes at either end.

If that was one of your worst performances so far then you have nothing to worry about. You have a very organised defence, you're comfortable in possession and you have two good strikers. Comfortably midtable.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Yeah, he's surely gone.
    I think so too. As I've said previously, if any manager at any club deserves the luxury of TIME it's Mourinho at Chelsea but I really can't imagine Abramovich sees it that way.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That he's being a completely obnoxious twat (whilst losing) can't also be helping his cause.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed. He's giving the impression of a man losing his marbles.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's massive odds on favourite to go next.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/...-to-leave-post

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moyes at Chelsea.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest...v-chelsea.html

The first major incident of the second half was a forearm smash into the jumping Nemanja Matic from guess who? Charlie Adam; with guess what outcome? Words from the ref but no yellow card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt you'll see him go after that game in particular. Or at all, to be honest. The fans are still right behind him, there's currently nobody that has it in them to come in and do better, so what's the point? Though that might be applying too much logic to a game that's ruled by the illogical.

Baba Rahman got roasted by Shaqiri all day but the team performed very well and were unlucky not to win.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    there's currently nobody that has it in them to come in and do better, so what's the point?
    This line keeps being peddled, but really, it's bollocks isn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You look at the list of available candidates, and it hardly makes great reading. He could bring Ancelotti back I suppose, but then I'm not sure he'd want to get sacked in the tunnel again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's bad, rather than bad. I'm largely on the side of "there's no point sacking him", but you do have to wonder how much longer it can realistically go on.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course it is.

Chelsea aren't going to finish in the top 7 if he stays.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he keeps his job until after they come to Leicester but there's no way he's seeing out five weeks.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd imagine they're trying to butter up Pep and get him to come.

A shame, as I'd like Mourinho to be involved in the league still.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demerit View Post

Thought you looked decent enough. No way you go down. I suppose it's good to get your two worst performances out of the way against the league's big boys...

We are great obviously and might just win the league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not like he's a manager who builds anything, where giving him time might change things. He's always asked to be judged purely on results, so if he were sacked now it'd be because he's failing on his own terms. They're not turning the league around, they're not going to do anything in Europe, so the best you could say is that maybe if they chuck this season he'll get his shit together next year.

But we'll have to ignore the fact he shows no signs of that being likely, and the possibility that a load of players will leave in the next couple of windows, since Simon has brought his logic to the table.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, it is a 'standard' Mourinho third season fallout. It's just a little more 'spectacular' than we've seen before.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bbc will report anything won't they?

I assume Costa has stood on someone's foot and the Steward has tried to stir it up, ala the ball boy at Swansea in the hazard non event.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't really. He's only had one full third season, and that was comparable in that he was a tit and upset everyone. The only other start to a third year was at Chelsea but he was sacked in September because Abramovich got bored.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    It isn't really. He's only had one full third season, and that was comparable in that he was a tit and upset everyone. The only other start to a third year was at Chelsea but he was sacked in September because Abramovich got bored.
    That was his fourth season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not like he's a manager who builds anything, where giving him time might change things.
    All the way through his term at Chelsea, he's been talking about building a 'dynasty' and being there for the long term.

He's always asked to be judged purely on results, so if he were sacked now it'd be because he's failing on his own terms. They're not turning the league around, they're not going to do anything in Europe, so the best you could say is that maybe if they chuck this season he'll get his shit together next year.
    The possibility of winning the league is all but gone now, yeah. But Europe? What are you basing that on? We're set to get out of the group comfortably and we're still one of the best sides in Europe, especially in things like two-legged ties.

But we'll have to ignore the fact he shows no signs of that being likely, and the possibility that a load of players will leave in the next couple of windows, since Simon has brought his logic to the table.
    Did you watch the game today? Genuine question. Because that was not the performance of a team with no hope. It was actually a very good performance and were it not coming off the start of the season that's been had, you'd just put it down to 'one of those games' and move on. It was the closest thing you'll get to a 'sign' of things improving.

As for players leaving in the next couple of windows, that's stuff that happens anyway and I'm not sure why it's relevant. There's not going to be some form of mass exodus and even if there was, everybody would get replaced.

He's arguably the best manager on the planet and he's better being here than not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    He started a fourth season of his first spell at Chelsea.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the way through his term at Chelsea, he's been talking about building a 'dynasty' and being there for the long term.
    That's a nice thing to say, but what's he doing towards that goal exactly?

The possibility of winning the league is all but gone now, yeah. But Europe? What are you basing that on? We're set to get out of the group comfortably and we're still one of the best sides in Europe, especially in things like two-legged ties.
    They still need to beat Porto to be sure they'll get out of the group, and they don't show any signs of being able to beat the shot, let alone do anything against the first decent team they draw. It'll be quarter finals at best this year.

Did you watch the game today? Genuine question. Because that was not the performance of a team with no hope. It was actually a very good performance and were it not coming off the start of the season that's been had, you'd just put it down to 'one of those games' and move on. It was the closest thing you'll get to a 'sign' of things improving.
    I watched the first half, listened to rest on radio and watched highlights afterwards. It was better than they be been but still not great, and you can't say its "one of those games" when it's your seventh defeat in twelve.

As for players leaving in the next couple of windows, that's stuff that happens anyway and I'm not sure why it's relevant. There's not going to be some form of mass exodus and even if there was, everybody would get replaced.
    It doesn't happen on anything like the level it will without any European football and with the manager having alienated half the team.

He's arguably the best manager on the planet and he's better being here than not.
    Past success is lovely and all but it can't be the excuse every week. He doesn't look like he has the slightest idea how to turn this around, and given its a situation he has never been in before I'm not sure how much the past experience actually counts for.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the dynasty stuff, didn't he also say he wanted to play attacking football when he came back?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i thought Chelse where pretty crap again. Theyve not turned a corner and they don't seem to be improving. Seems like Mourinho is unable to make the changes required to improve the form.

Remy deserves to start the next game, Costa has been a joke every time I've seen him this season.

If the rumours of discontent amongst the squad is true then most available managers would be an improvement.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding the dynasty stuff, didn't he also say he wanted to play attacking football when he came back?
    He says a lot of things. Most of it total bollocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a nice thing to say, but what's he doing towards that goal exactly?
    Short of me saying that he's given a couple of kids minutes this season, there's not much I or anyone can say with any clarity. But that's because I don't work at Chelsea and I have no real idea about what happens there on a day to day basis. I wouldn't be able to tell you much about what Arsene Wenger is doing to plan for the future either.

They still need to beat Porto to be sure they'll get out of the group, and they don't show any signs of being able to beat the shot, let alone do anything against the first decent team they draw. It'll be quarter finals at best this year.
    We were in a far worse position in 2012, with an inferior team and manager, yet we won the whole thing. Purely writing the whole competition off because of how the season has been started is wrong.

I watched the first half, listened to rest on radio and watched highlights afterwards. It was better than they be been but still not great, and you can't say its "one of those games" when it's your seventh defeat in twelve.
    Well, you can. The result was wrong today, not the performance. That hasn't been the case in previous weeks.

It doesn't happen on anything like the level it will without any European football and with the manager having alienated half the team.
    That's assuming that Chelsea don't finish the season in the top four. Whilst winning the league is unrealistic, finishing in the top four is more than doable.

Past success is lovely and all but it can't be the excuse every week. He doesn't look like he has the slightest idea how to turn this around, and given its a situation he has never been in before I'm not sure how much the past experience actually counts for.
    Chelsea are the league champions. That's not even past success, it's still incredibly recent and relevant. And you're going to have to do better than 'he doesn't look like' if you're going to talk about his managerial ability and if he'll turn around this poor run of form. You're judging him solely on his media interviews and whilst they are wacky and he does look visibly stressed, it's unfair to make claims like he doesn't have any idea how to turn things around just because he called Arsene Wenger a cunt.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps karma is a real thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Short of me saying that he's given a couple of kids minutes this season, there's not much I or anyone can say with any clarity. But that's because I don't work at Chelsea and I have no real idea about what happens there on a day to day basis. I wouldn't be able to tell you much about what Arsene Wenger is doing to plan for the future either.
    He's been there two and a bit seasons now, so what signs of long term development have there been in that time?

We were in a far worse position in 2012, with an inferior team and manager, yet we won the whole thing. Purely writing the whole competition off because of how the season has been started is wrong.
    They weren't in a "far worse position". You also can't really say it was an inferior team, given this one has lost seven games in twelve. That one was a frustrating pile of shit too, but nowhere near the level of this and clearly had a far stronger mentality, especially going in to "must win" games.

Well, you can. The result was wrong today, not the performance. That hasn't been the case in previous weeks.
    It might have looked like it because it was a bit of an improvement on the absolute shit of recent weeks, but they didn't play that well.

That's assuming that Chelsea don't finish the season in the top four. Whilst winning the league is unrealistic, finishing in the top four is more than doable.
    They're not finishing in the top four.

Chelsea are the league champions. That's not even past success, it's still incredibly recent and relevant.
    That's a nice perception of time you've got there.

And you're going to have to do better than 'he doesn't look like' if you're going to talk about his managerial ability and if he'll turn around this poor run of form. You're judging him solely on his media interviews and whilst they are wacky and he does look visibly stressed, it's unfair to make claims like he doesn't have any idea how to turn things around just because he called Arsene Wenger a cunt.
    I don't even watch his interviews, I couldn't give a shit about them. I'm basing it on the fact results and performances have broken through the point of, "surely it can't get any worse?" almost every week with absolute no indication things will improve.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vid below showing the incident which apparently led to the steward reporting Costa to the match referee for assault.

https://vine.co/v/eL9KWAw0BM5

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit off topic, but I watched most of this earlier. What a great show that was - it was of it's time, though. Italian (and foreign) football was a complete mystery in those days. The late-80's, early 90's was a golden age in Italian football and it was great to watch.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea would be better off keeping him and getting half a new team instead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Chelsea would be better off keeping him and getting half a new team instead.
    I'd agree with that but it's never going to happen.