Page 5 of 140 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: The All New, All Shit, Relationship Thread

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    It's entirely possible that suggesting a group outing was her way of saying she's not bothered.
    Yes, and maybe flirting with dude A was another way. There's decent ways of doing it and then dickhead ways. She should just say if she isn't and if she can't do that then I'm not interested anyway. I'm happy to wait for someone who is capable of expressing things transparently.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Yes, and maybe flirting with dude A was another way. There's decent ways of doing it and then dickhead ways. She should just say if she isn't and if she can't do that then I'm not interested anyway. I'm happy to wait for someone who is capable of expressing things transparently.
    Fucking lol at that. There are some of them out there, though in my experience they've been the least interesting of them too.

Probably more of a self-destructive element in me in terms of who I'm attracted by.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Good luck with that, you're going to find plenty of people who aren't comfortable with bluntly telling someone they aren't interested, particularly if they work with them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I get that. Most people should know though that even(/especially) at work, it's best to just be up front and honest about it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you're so bumbling and so far away from someone she'd be interested in that she didn't even realise you were 'asking her out'. Maybe she was interested but you meffed up the initial conversation to such an extent that you killed it and over the course of the evening she started to like the other bloke. Labelling her a 'manipulative cow' off the back of that one night is a bit much.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah she realised, it wasn't bumbling at all and we chatted fine. Not sure how you're daft enough to think you can come to a conclusion on it in honesty as I only gave the very basics in here.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't come to a conclusion, as should be obvious from the fact that I offered two very different possible scenarios.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The conclusion was in the final sentence.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's probably not far off though, the likelihood of it all being a ruse designed to humiliate you is pretty low.

Either she wanted to size you up in company or wasn't interested in the first place and didn't want to let you down face to face. Like it or not some people find it hard to do that kind of thing one to one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    It's probably not far off though, the likelihood of it all being a ruse designed to humiliate you is pretty low.

Either she wanted to size you up in company or wasn't interested in the first place and didn't want to let you down face to face. Like it or not some people find it hard to do that kind of thing one to one.
    It probably wasn't even that calculated, it sounds like she just had plans with friends and invited Hammer to join.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, 'sounds like', based on no detailed information at all.

This is daft. I was just here to vent. If I wanted half-baked interpretations then I'd have written out a story which actually included some details.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't having a go, I thought John's post was a bit over the top as well. I'm just saying it's silly to say it was either one thing or the other, there's all sorts of reasons she might have done what she did. I do really doubt it was a calculated ploy to lead you on, but yes - obviously we're not in a position to judge that for sure.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last sentence was hardly a conclusion either, right as it is, but it's not on me if you've told half a story as if it's the full thing. You were asked why you thought she was a manipulative cow, you gave an answer, I said it was a bit much to label her as such based on the information given.

You should start a blog if you just want to vent without having anyone read and respond to what you're saying.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hammer meltdown in three, two...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell her about your swinging club, that'll probably get her interested again.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah kinda just sounds like she's not into you. If someone i'm not into asks me out at work I'm neither a) going to say no i don't like you, nor will i b) spazz out and lie my way out of having to hang out with you.

People say they want others to just be blunt if they're not attracted to them, but in reality nobody would actually prefer that mode of rejection. Besides, if yall are at a bar drinking, you might as well be flirting with everyone. No harm in that.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds fair enough on her part, though 'if you don't want to see me' sounds a bit needy.

What film were you talking about before when you said she wasn't born when it came out?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmSmiff View Post
    If that wasn't enough then this certainly is.

"if you dont want to see me, dont make plans to. I dont appreciate being let down, cause or not its a bit of a piss take to keep letting me down"

Naturally I've laid into her good and proper. Who the fuck she think she is telling me what to do?
    Erm... That's a pretty normal thing to say. In any relationship, whether romantic or platonic, it's pretty shitty and really not the 'done thing' to continually bale on plans.

There may be mitigating circumstances, whether situational or behavioural, but these would need to be put across in an open and mature for me, as opposed to being 'laid into'.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure you're the basket case.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you make plans then cancel or is she attention seeking by trying to get you to change your already made plans?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Different lass that one, John. It was Jurassic Park as we were going to go and watch Jurassic World. As it is she was too young and I just found it too much.

This current one is a bit of a basket case I'm thinking, don't be fooled by the carefully chosen words.
    Carefully chosen words like 'latest conquest', posted two days ago? You should know that the no doubt carefully chosen words in that post imply that you were seeing someone too young to see Jurassic World in the cinema.

She's well aware that certain commitments of mine come before anything but I don't see how I can win with this. Women do my head in at the best of times with their nonsensical bullshit.
    Unless you want to go into further detail, you're looking like the twat in this one.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait isn't Jurrasic World a 12A?

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you canceled (again)?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds to me like Smiffy just wants us all to call him a don and marvel at his ability to attract 16 year olds.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WTF.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    Sounds to me like Smiffy just wants us all to call him a don and marvel at his ability to attract 16 year olds.
    That persona normally pops up every once in a while before he's back in the doldrums again. Give it a few weeks.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The likes of you" is a bit cutting.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's been the one constant in all your interactions with women, Smiffy?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, he's heading for another breakdown here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think she's intentionally being a prick, she's just rather damaged because somebody has done similar before and it didn't end well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem with the word conquest? They all are initially, no? Commitments are simple, I'm a carer for a family member and I had to go there. She's aware of this so I don't get it.

As for the Jurassic Park stuff. Oh God. I've done myself there.
    With the word 'latest', since it was posted two days ago and apparently in reference to someone other than the girl you've been seeing for a few weeks, at least.

'Carefully chosen words' suggests a degree of accuracy that you just don't seem to be up to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't you want anything serious, Smiff?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her being damaged shouldn't be a reason to break it off though.

I'm sure you'd be the first to admit that you're also damaged, albeit in a different way. Give her a chance if you like her.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's intentional either, I firmly believe that she's far too into me far too soon and is getting way over emotional about what is, in the grand scheme of things, nothing. There's plenty of tomorrow's to do things. How it's gone from me cancelling plans to her assuming I want to 'break things off' so to speak is anyone's guess. I'm quite with you that she's damaged goods though.
    You said 'laid into her'. More carefully chosen words?

You've lost me here, John. I haven't been seeing both if that's what you're alluding to. I gave 19 up when it became clear that I just felt it too wrong. She was too immature for my liking and I'm not exactly renowned for in depth discussions on current events.
    I wasn't, but you did. You called someone else your 'latest conquest' two days ago, and muddied the water by talking about films you've watched/not watched with both without any specifics.

Mr Carrot Cake
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You think life's a bitch, then you marry one and realise life was fucking great...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So i've finally managed not to fuck up one tinder conversation. Got her number a few days later, tried to take her out last week but she's a nurse so she works the graveyard shift. Fair enough I guess so we arrange for this week Wednesday. I got battered on Friday and asked her if she wanted to do brunch on Saturday, she was all over it. She suprisingly asked if I could pick her up which I did. Had a great time, she's sarcastic and funny and really cute. She's also younger than me for once which means it's a little more mind games which is fine as long as we both like each other. Going out Wednesday again for a meal then whatever. Would like to bang but might have to hold off because she's got potential.

#lifeisgood

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So quite an in depth conversation last night. I think we'll put this one down to a misunderstanding. I told her that she has to accept that I am my own person, I've been single for so long that I'm used to doing my own thing as and when I want whereas she's not long out of a long term relationship whereby she has spent every day together and made decisions together. She didn't think of it like that. Communication skills.
    It's clear she's developed way too much feelings for you, and she's freaking out because you don't feel the same way back.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking absolute hell FAMILY CRISIS kicking off. Just when everything seemed to be rolling along nicely. I'll explain tomorrow but it's mental.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The in-laws being twats again?

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it doesn't involve me, directly. I hope it stays that way but the nature of it just tells me there is more to come. FCK me.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, tell us now. You can't post that and then leave us hanging all night.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For fuck's sake, Magic. Leaving us hanging like that is poor form.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed. You should write it all out or not say anything.

There's a lass I'm seeing on Sunday with genuine potential. Not manipulative cow lass who might not have been manipulative after all, another one. Im pretty fickle apparently. Tried everything I could in my drunken state to get her back to mine on Saturday when we were waiting for her taxi and she was keen but she said she wanted to wait. That showed some impressive mental acuity on her part as it seemed to be heading that way. Anyway seeing her Sunday. She's ace . She went to some shit hole country a few years ago to build a school with a bunch of other whites without any manual labour skills, and I just found it adorable. Screw trainee girl, this one is the real shit.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    No it doesn't involve me, directly. I hope it stays that way but the nature of it just tells me there is more to come. FCK me.
    http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/07/7-ways...-facebook.html

See #2, replacing facebook with TTH

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK so it turns out my little sister's long term boyfriend (of 6 years) who we all thought of as part of the family (and who I got my jaw broken for fighting for him in an argument) has actually been stalking and harassing a girl he had an affair with so much so she's had to leave the country. So she posted this on FB and tagged his mum and dad whilst we were at the pictures and I just thought 'oh no' and right enough 41 comments later there's arguing etc.

Anyway its just really sinister. I never ever thought he'd be like that, he was really sound and we got on well. We were out last week for her birthday tea and had a pretty good time. WTF. The girl actually messaged my sister all the texts and stuff he'd been sending her and it's quite creepy I've been told. Desperate to lay my eyes on them so going round tonight. When I posted that I expected the wife to broaden her extroverted shoulders and basically spend the night there resulting in no sleep for anyone but thankfully that didn't happen. FFS. Just concerned that if he is a complete and utter lunatic what he might do now (in terms of stalking etc).

To make things worse he actually started the affair the night my grandad passed away whilst we were grieving (she's matched up the dates on the messages). He did come around later. Eurgh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a cunt, do his jaw in.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    What a cunt, do his jaw in.

I wouldn't ever do that, too much to lose especially over something like this. Just best cutting all ties and forgetting immediately I think. It's weird though it wasn't like he was distant, he was at pretty much every family event, he took an active part in my kid's life, they looked after her, we got on well. I'm just shell shocked he's a total weirdo because honestly you would never be able to tell. We would take the piss out of freaks like him. It's just so bloody strange.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Desperate to lay my eyes on them so going round tonight.

You realize the risks here, right? From what you've posted about your in-laws and extended family and what not, it seems the best course of action here is to stay completely out of it, no?

I understand the allure, mind you, of course.