Page 15 of 140 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: The All New, All Shit, Relationship Thread

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

leedsrevolution
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    She must be a mutant or ill to say yes to a slavering, pissed up version of this:

Fuckinghell every time magic haha.

Nah she's a good looking lass. I always get really lucky in that regard but fuck knows how I'm awful.

Edit: charming as fuck tho.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long you been holding onto that one magic?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Magic.

Linkage, Leedsrev.

leedsrevolution
    Fuck that I posted pics of an ex before on the old forum and some fucker found em on Facebook.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just read a few threads on forums about failing/unhappy marriages. Its nice to know we're not alone. Always the advice is 'run for the hills!' etc. I can imagine the sort of wine drinking 'I'm free!' sort of cunts that are posting responses like that. I was miserable on my own and I'm miserable married. I'm just a miserable fucking cunt.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you really unhappy in your marriage or is it exaggerated for here? Because I get why you'd want to stay together for the kid but children aren't thick when it comes to that sort of thing; the pick up on it and it has an impact.

So given that it's probably too late to fix that now start planting the seed so that when she hits her teenage years and becomes a cunt to her parents she'll just blame her mum for everything and you can be the hero.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's all too aware, I'm afraid.

I couldn't do that. I got both barrels from my parents from 10 onwards about each one being a horrible cunt that hated me depending on who was in whatever ear.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    There's all the planning lessons and ridiculous amounts of marking outside the regular school day too. I always thought having summer and half-terms off was a sweet deal, turns out it's what keeps teachers just the right side of sanity.
    About right.

The girl I'm dating and I are both primary school teachers so we know each other's game pretty well.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then stop being such a miserable cunt @Magic. Maybe it's not her or the relationship that's the problem. Or think of her and let her free while she still has time to still have a life.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably about time you got some marriage counselling, Magic.

What's wrong with your relationship anyway?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's all too aware, I'm afraid.

I couldn't do that. I got both barrels from my parents from 10 onwards about each one being a horrible cunt that hated me depending on who was in whatever ear.
    I don't really think you should make her hate her mum. I know you've mentiomed you had a bad experience of your own mum and dad splitting up when you were a kid but it doesn't have to be awful; that's about how you both show her you love her and make sure she knows the other parent loves her.

Not that splitting up has to be the answer, obviously. I assume you love one another and if that's the case there's at least something to work at. Boyd's suggestion is a good one. If it oi past that point then you're going to have to find as amicable a way of ending it as possible at some point. Although that shouldn't only go for you, there are two of you in this. Is she feeling the same way?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus fucking Christ Magic, cheer up you miserable bastard.

I am single. There comes a point in your life, so I have found, where you weigh up the pro's n cons of fulfilling your sexual needs with the occasional wank against all that a relationship brings. Now I know I have made some awful women choices these past two years but I have noticed when I am woman free my life is less stressful, I have time to get stuff done, I get to do the stuff I want to do and I get to see my friends and have a life.

I am at the stage where sharing my time and compromising are no longer attractive options. The occasional meal and night out to the cinema is fine, dating is fine but I think I am fucked for ever having a relationship again. I say that with no hint of sadness, just acceptance. Nearly moved in with a fellow comic a few months ago after having been friends for two years then dating for 4 months. Quite relieved I backed out.

Cue me posting in three weeks iv'e met the love of my life etc. I am that sort of cunt.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess if it makes reality easier, you never know what's around the corner though so don't accept it too much.

I've just thought I've tucked my little girl in every single night I could for 3.5 years. Not having the opportunity to do that made me so sick inside. We've had (another) talk. She really does blame me for everything shit about our relationship. I'm going to try but no pressure lads. I hope this lasts because single parenting makes me physically and mentally ill. Really. I do want it to succeed for my daughter. I'm unsure as to whether that's a good motive or not. Fuck it. Life is hard. Sometimes I feel utterly trapped and miserable other times its all good. I have no bar for which to set my life against. Relationships are very private things.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Probably about time you got some marriage counselling, Magic.

What's wrong with your relationship anyway?
    They'd probably recommend divorce.

I don't know, I'm shit at this sort of thing. Maybe it is all me.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put it out of its misery, mate.

leedsrevolution
    How long has it been bad for? Maybe you just need to ride it out?

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5/5 years apparently.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do ever have breaks from one another, Magic?

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Like a relationship break?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time apart. Granted a child makes it a little more difficult, but little breaks here and there work wonders for me. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd care more if he wasn't giving it the large so often.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's crib, AJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some honest heartfelt advice Magic. If you are both miserable and don't love each other anymore, call it a day. I have become a much better person and a much better parent since splitting up with my ex. I'd go so far to say it changed my whole life for the better.

At the time I felt as though my life was over, I was a failure etc. Here is the rub of it though. Once you move on, it takes time but once you do, you find out who you are, what you like doing and maybe will meet someone who is right for you.

See how it goes but what i'm saying is that being a single parent is no bad thing.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Magic's lass looks lovely, I bet it's all his fault.

I agree with Chrissy.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Magic, you posted a while ago that your life was actually good despite how you come across here. Is it that much of a rollercoaster or were you just lying?

One thing I've heard is that it's better to have your parents be separated but happy than together but miserable and neglectful. I have quite a few friends whose parents are divorced and who seem basically pretty happy with their family lives. No idea what the best age for that would be, though - I'm sure there's been a lot written on the subject.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheer up, you blurt.

Life's shite 90% of the time; at least you've got someone to tolerate it with.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Magic doesn't hate the idea of being a part time dad because of being a part time dad, he hates it because in his little world of keeping up with the Jones' it'll put him down the pecking order.
    No amount of lawn ornaments will balance up that one, but he could always get an old Porsche for doing the weekly pickups.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its ON THE ROCKS with the lass I'm seeing. We had a nice moment last Friday where we kissed and she was telling me how nice I am, which I echoed back at her. Then 5 minutes later something clicks and she's saying she doesn't think she's over her last relationship (she got cheated on, it turns out, and the bloke kinda took off without explaining much) and doesn't know if she's ready for dating again yet. Well, shit. Figured it best to talk about it sober but she's said the same kinda thing. I said I'd be happy to take things at a very slow pace and just take things as she's comfortable, and we've left it for Christmas anyway and will chat in a week or two when we're both back in Leeds.

Bit gutted that its up in the air so quickly as I had a really good feeling about it, but there you go. We'll see.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonsky View Post
    Magic, you posted a while ago that your life was actually good despite how you come across here. Is it that much of a rollercoaster or were you just lying?

One thing I've heard is that it's better to have your parents be separated but happy than together but miserable and neglectful. I have quite a few friends whose parents are divorced and who seem basically pretty happy with their family lives. No idea what the best age for that would be, though - I'm sure there's been a lot written on the subject.
    It's a rollercoaster Spoon. Sometimes it can be amazing and sometimes I'm like 'fuck this'. It's really weird especially when one of us is opposite. Sometimes I'll say I had a great time and she'll say no it was shit and vice versa.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Girls who get cheated on tend to become defined by it for a very long time afterwards. Fair play if she's worth the hassle, but she sounds like a slow burner.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meeting my ex and her new boyfriend today, should be a laugh.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I get the impression that it'd be a very slow one. She mentioned before we went out that she can get quite anxious with all this dating stuff but I hadn't felt it until then.

I think she probably is worth it, so long as she's up for it too. She suggested continuing meeting up just as friends but I'd want something with her at some point. If we do take it mega slowly I need to establish clearly that that is what we're doing, and not just going down the friendship route.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    Meeting my ex and her new boyfriend today, should be a laugh.
    Can't think of any circumstances (unless you had to visit to get your stuff back) why you would ever do this?

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking that too. I'm in touch sometimes with my ex but I'd never meet up with her with her geezer there too. Awkward as fuck.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were mates before we were in a relationship, and we're still good friends now. I think it'll be worse for the new boyfriend than it is for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Then 5 minutes later something clicks and she's saying she doesn't think she's over her last relationship (she got cheated on, it turns out, and the bloke kinda took off without explaining much) and doesn't know if she's ready for dating again yet.
    This always strikes me as a massive cop out. Seen it used as an excuse far too many times and I don't really subscribe to it.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a rollercoaster Spoon. Sometimes it can be amazing and sometimes I'm like 'fuck this'. It's really weird especially when one of us is opposite. Sometimes I'll say I had a great time and she'll say no it was shit and vice versa.
    Is that not because you're a raging head-the-ball? Unless you're a raging head-the-ball because of her...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Is that not because you're a raging head-the-ball? Unless you're a raging head-the-ball because of her...
    Wouldn't he be a heed-the-ball?

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    This always strikes me as a massive cop out. Seen it used as an excuse far too many times and I don't really subscribe to it.
    It seems accurate, to be honest. The way she talked about it and about her anxiety surrounding dating in general before we went out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post
    Wouldn't he be a heed-the-ball?
    Heed-the-baw?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it not 'heid'?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Girl I was seeing in Edinburgh gave me a similar spiel about not being over her previous boyfriend, he cheated on her as well, trust issues blah blah. I managed to win her over with my charm (persistence) but then she ended up being a bit of a weirdo anyway. I think her being 30 didn't help either.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we're on the mend. We've had some enormous downs but that was the worst. I genuinely thought it was over. I've been trying and it's helping. Not sure if she is. We've got the hotel and Maccabees gig in Glasgow in a couple of weeks' time so hopefully that will let us repair things further. Thankfully we spent most of the time after CRY-GATE with my family. Unfortunately it's my niece's birthday party on Sunday (her sister's kid) where all her family will be there.

As such I've only seen her mum and dad since then and they never mentioned anything.

Not once has anyone asked how I feel. My mum has even said she'll back her because she knows what I'm like. If ever there was proof she hates my dad more than she loves me, battered old cunt.

I'm totally alone. Have I got myself to blame?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're here for you, mate.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just fuck it Magic. I can't be arsed to read what's happened but if you aren't happy just leave. Better for the kid to have two happy parents than two miserable ones.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we're on the mend. We've had some enormous downs but that was the worst. I genuinely thought it was over. I've been trying and it's helping. Not sure if she is. We've got the hotel and Maccabees gig in Glasgow in a couple of weeks' time so hopefully that will let us repair things further. Thankfully we spent most of the time after CRY-GATE with my family. Unfortunately it's my niece's birthday party on Sunday (her sister's kid) where all her family will be there.

As such I've only seen her mum and dad since then and they never mentioned anything.

Not once has anyone asked how I feel. My mum has even said she'll back her because she knows what I'm like. If ever there was proof she hates my dad more than she loves me, battered old cunt.

I'm totally alone. Have I got myself to blame?
    Nobody is ever fully to blame.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that post went from quite positive to hopelessly bleak.

I'm in Glasgow at the moment if you want a hug mate. You live in Scotland right?

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't intended to be bleak, just when it gets shit I've got nothing to turn to except here. I guess I've just taken TTH reliance to new heights.

A drive to Glasgow to hug a stranger off the internet would go down well at the moment.

I never openly discuss my relationship with anyone, by the way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you doing in Glasgow, Randrew?