Page 14 of 140 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: The All New, All Shit, Relationship Thread

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Christ Hammer. Sort yourself out mate. I haven't got laid in god knows how long and even I wouldn't pull a move that desperate.

Are you still going to the Fetish Club between seeing her?
    A move what desperate? The fuck are you talking about?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've been on 2 dates and now want to make it facebook official xxx.

An old TTH phrase is perfect for what you should do; play it cool.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if she has a set of flappy wings? What if its a quantum black hole? What if she's got a dick? If you start dating her now youre locked in before youve ascertained any of the above

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been on two dates but we work together and talk every day. It's been dead in the build up to Christmas so we've had nothing else to do, so we've been chatting shitloads. Dates have been spaced out by a few weeks so we've had a few weeks of that. Playing it cool and slow is probably best though, I agree.

No, no more fetish clubs. Went for the last time on Saturday until (a) I fuck this up or (b) she's happens to be curious about it. Itch has been scratched though. I'll still go to pub meetups to see everyone though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think, in fact I'm almost certain, that I'm going to have to ask the girlfriend to marry me. Now, whilst this is obviously a great thing, it's also quite a daunting prospect, as we don't live together yet. Taiwanese families are very traditional and family orientated, so aren't up for their daughter to live with someone before marriage. We see each other every day pretty much, so I would be surprised if it was any different living together, but if it's shit, I really don't want to have to say 'listen here we need a divorce.'

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing each other everyday and living together is completely different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's gonna be interesting.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Especially when you hear her shitting for the first time.

Or when you need to get in the bathroom but she's in there doing the biz. But you go in anyway as you're both used to it now.

Or the leisurely pace she does the food shopping at. And endless tat she puts in the fucking trolley as you go along.

This is reading a bit bitter, it's not that bad .

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the endless tat, it's the grabbing the side/front of the trolley while you're pushing/steering it, for no goddamn reason.

Mike told me a good trick when that happens is to just completely let go of it. She soon stopped touching the trolley.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fucking woeful. Don't do it, Charlie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't some sort of GS type of deal where we don't touch each other until marriage. She has stayed over hundreds of times, so I have heard all the shits.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I think, in fact I'm almost certain, that I'm going to have to ask the girlfriend to marry me. Now, whilst this is obviously a great thing, it's also quite a daunting prospect, as we don't live together yet. Taiwanese families are very traditional and family orientated, so aren't up for their daughter to live with someone before marriage. We see each other every day pretty much, so I would be surprised if it was any different living together, but if it's shit, I really don't want to have to say 'listen here we need a divorce.'
    Is that why you have to marry her?

Also, I'm not sure why Hammer is getting so much stick, but this is correct:

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    At least go on three or four more dates and have sex before you think about making it 'official' or whatever.

What's the rush? You're far more likely to send her running for the hills by floating the idea of a relationship before you've even seen each other naked than you are by waiting a little while and going on a few more dates.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thought of marrying someone I've never lived with is a terrifying thought. I've fallen out with people who were, at the time, among my best mates once I lived with them. It's a different ballgame altogether.

I do understand the need to do it though, in this circumstance. Fuck knows how people managed in olden days.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hammer being given correct dating advice by a seventeen year old. Ouch.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's 18 now, remember? A man. A man's man.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know couples that still don't live with each other that are married and have been for a while. It strikes me as huge fear of commitment veiled by a sham marriage.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are they foreign?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm marrying someone I've never lived with before. I see why people do it actually - it does make sense - but both of us being traditionalists it would never happen. Besides, I think it makes our wedding more exciting because there'll be something 'new' to enjoy straight after it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Living with someone is a gamechanger. I think I'd need to live with someone for a while before marriage. Not for long - just long enough to know there's no inherent and massive issues with it. If she keeps blocking the plug of the bath with her hair for example then we're gonna have issues.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get one of those little things you pop over the plug to catch the hair. I haven't hit her since.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The craziest thing is that happens in a fraternity house full of guys as well. Just huge balls of hair in the shower drain. How exactly that happens I dont know

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blokes tidying their downstairs in the shower, probably.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Living together is a tricky one, don't think my girlfriend will ever fully adapt to it, she's the 'we should spend all our time after work together' type, whilst I genuinely want to come in after the gym and play games for a few hours. These days, as I've got my own place, she gets in a huff and doesn't bother leaving her parents, my response is tough shit.
    Test.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    People also just shed a lot more hair than we tend to realise/consider.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got the ideal middle ground of Sam's predicament as mine's a secondary school teacher so she generally goes to bed at 9. I don't think I even had this much time to play games when I was all alone.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    I've got the ideal middle ground of Sam's predicament as mine's a secondary school teacher so she generally goes to bed at 9. I don't think I even had this much time to play games when I was all alone.
    Lucky. She just moans when I play games, even worse if I get on any voicecomm, she spends half the time confused as she thinks I'm talking to her and the other half puzzled as to why you would speak to people over the internet and not just text them.

Technology somewhat goes over her head.
    Test.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    Does school start up for her at 4 AM? I never went to bed remotely close to 9 when I went to high school.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    It's so greasy! Are your pubes greasy? I hope not.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mokbull View Post
    Does school start up for her at 4 AM? I never went to bed remotely close to 9 when I went to high school.
    Teachers have to get up really early, at least here. Their sleep schedules are very different than students'.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Lucky. She just moans when I play games, even worse if I get on any voicecomm, she spends half the time confused as she thinks I'm talking to her and the other half puzzled as to why you would speak to people over the internet and not just text them.

Technology somewhat goes over her head.
    The wife doesn't moan so much about games but the bit about using mic is bang on.

Add trying to talk to me a lot and it's her exactly

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Living together is a tricky one, don't think my girlfriend will ever fully adapt to it, she's the 'we should spend all our time after work together' type, whilst I genuinely want to come in after the gym and play games for a few hours. These days, as I've got my own place, she gets in a huff and doesn't bother leaving her parents, my response is tough shit.
    Still after over ten years of being together I take my own time when I get home from work. She'd rather 'be together' all the time, but we have an understanding that I need time to myself for a while each day. It's not that hard to sort out.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mokbull View Post
    There's all the planning lessons and ridiculous amounts of marking outside the regular school day too. I always thought having summer and half-terms off was a sweet deal, turns out it's what keeps teachers just the right side of sanity.

leedsrevolution
    I'm extremely lucky to be honest. My better half likes Hollyoakes and Corrie but apart from that I'm free to play as many games as I want whilst she reads. She even enjoys watching games and encourages me to play them. I then just play FM when Corrie etc is on so life is good.

Apart from what mo said about a slow supermarket pace the relationship is a solid 10/10. Infact, I was with a mate the other day and his missus said any couple that said they don't row are liars. I was thinking about it afterwards and we've argued twice in 3 years of living together and even then it was all sorted within an hour or so. So it's not true at all.

I think you know you've found the one when your in my situation though. No arguments, never had to compromise anything I want to do or enjoy doing. If you're having to do those things and you still get married etc you're going to end up fucking miserable.

Magic miserable.

Edit: she's way out of my league as well.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grew out of playing games a long time ago apart from FM. FM really is a dream relationship game, it's easy for us to watch whatever we want together whilst I play on the laptop. For football If Watford or a 'big game', I will watch on the tv whilst she watches something on the laptop or reads and if it's a smaller match (although my frequency of watching random matches is pretty low nowadays) I will normally watch on the laptop with headphones.

It works very well for us and there's no 'compromise' needed as we are both perfectly happy. We would much rather be together and do this than be in separate rooms.

Fortunately she doesn't watch anything I consider shit so the other way doesn't happen.

leedsrevolution
    Just proposed lads.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are you taking her rejection?

I can recommend mirtazapine for depression if you need it.

leedsrevolution
    Didn't have a ring or anything. Just told her that she's more beautiful than the new york skyline and the Eiffel Tower which is absolutely true.

leedsrevolution
    So happy lads. I've been meaning to do this.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsrevolution View Post
    Didn't have a ring or anything. Just told her that she's more beautiful than the new york skyline and the Eiffel Tower which is absolutely true.
    "Your eyes remind me of Queens and your hair flows long like the Hudson River"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leedsrevolution View Post
    That proposal sounds like it's been ripped straight from the undateables.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh sweet lady. With your face like a cream oval. Your nose, like a delicious slope of cream. Your ears, like cream flaps. Your teeth, like hard, shiny pegs of cream.
    I'm a twit

leedsrevolution
    God I was fucking drunk last night.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You proposed while hammered?

leedsrevolution
    Hammered is a massive understatement. Fitting really.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll say it again: Collectively, we're a fucking tragic mess.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making a life choice whilst drunk is a bold move.

Congratulations. (Does she remember?)

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LR

leedsrevolution
    She wasn't drunk.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She must be a mutant or ill to say yes to a slavering, pissed up version of this: