Page 81 of 365 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,050 of 18249

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright lads

Been lurking & browsing the dirtsheets & I'm sufficiently interested by the sound of the Takeover card that I'm actually going to watch some wrestling for the first time since Mania. I really hope I don't hate it.

Toggle Spoiler

Seems to me that when you have three title matches on the same card involving people who are on year long undefeated streaks you're probably not booking very well.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It definitely had a PWG feel about it at times.
    @Dan

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a silly amount of Bullet Club shirts in the crowd at Summer Slam.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was the point of taking the belt off Neville? I'd hoped he'd do another match to make Tozawa look as good as possible and then be done with the cruiswerweights and get bumped up the card.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    It definitely had a PWG feel about it at times.
    @Dan
    I'd have taken Excalibur over Ranallo & Watson any day of the week, especially if we could've had a drunk Joey Ryan guest spot in place of Corey Graves.

It was an okay show, I just don't enjoy the WWE style anymore. It's too slow & limited, and even when they try to mimic a looser, more indy style it doesn't quite feel right. We've seen every spot before, so it's never surprising - I have no idea why they think I'm going to be amazed (nor how people in the crowd actually ARE amazed) that Gargano kicked out of that corner knee Almas does, for instance. Have they never seen WWE before? Moves in the corner are on par with a clothesline - it's like being shocked when Zack Ryder doesn't pin someone with a Broski Boot, or thinking X-Pac's getting a 3 count off a Bronco Buster.

They're still incredible at video packages & entrances, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    What was the point of taking the belt off Neville? I'd hoped he'd do another match to make Tozawa look as good as possible and then be done with the cruiswerweights and get bumped up the card.
    Good to see they're still doing that stupid shit as well. Tozawa really needs to come up with a good finisher for once in his life - he's gone from a German suplex to a senton off the top rope. That's a jobber moveset.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even before I saw it I thought the tag match deserved to not just be on the main card but a prominent match after their recent efforts. While I don't understand this title change ever I enjoyed that match a lot.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well at least they made up for making Jeremy look like a dickhead on Smackdown by also making him look like a gimp on Summerslam.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So that's Vince having pulled the plug on him then?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the thinking on Baroque Les-nar tonight? I saw the IF WE LOSE WE'RE OFF MATE promo, which I would normally take as merely adding some uncertainty to him inevitably retaining it, but getting rid of him makes a lot of sense these days (and isn't his steroid ban nearly done?).

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember reading right he needs 6 clean months in the USADA test pool, that or his ban has 6 months to run.

Strongly suspect he's off though. If UFC pay him enough that is...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The steroid ban was up last month.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thinking is that his comeback trail would have to start reasonably soon, but also that they aren't shot of credible (and popular) main event rasslers now (unlike when he first came back), so they would probably be happy to see the back of his wages and booking difficulties.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The UFC isn't going to offer him a contract on the same sort of money he got for the fight at 200. At that point they were scrambling to save the show after McGregor was pulled off the card and he brings a guaranteed audience.

He's now a forty year old drug cheat with two retirements on his record and no legitimate wins since 2010. He'd be lucky to get a fifth of his 200 money as a show fee if he went back now.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lesnar vs Punk, mate.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the main event worth watching?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the main event almost saved the entire shitshow.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stayed up until before the Rusev match, which seemed a good point to leave it. Enzo Amore's the worst thing in the company.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main event was great.

Enjoyed Bliss v Banks, SHIELD v Sheamus/Cesaro and Styles v KO too.

The rest of the(main) show verged on awful. The first 4 matches were disappointing or pointless. It picked up after but then died a little with the Smackdown main event. Luckily the RAW one was good enough to bring it back

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the main event was very good, but not great. It was interesting seeing Lesnar get dominated, but something felt off about quite a few of the spots for some reason. Still enjoyable, unlike most of the rest of the show.

I liked Owens Vs KO, but there was way too much Shane. Most of the rest of the card was shite.

Big match John winning was the right call though. Corbin is fucking shite at everything, and Cena jobbing twice in 2 weeks would not be best for business.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing Lesnar get his arse kicked was good but there wasn't much catharsis about it for somebody who wants him gone because you always felt that that he'd be back anyway. Still, main event was fun and at least Jeff didn't have to take the pin which I'd assumed he would. Not really sure where the other three go while Lesnar's on holiday. More Reigns / Strowman? You'd think Strowman would still have some unfinished business there what with Roman having tried to murder him and everything.

As for the rest of it, Rusev and Jeremy might as well have no bothered turning up, Cass' match was yawn but hopefully the nature of the ending means he's done with Enzo now. O'Shango and Wyatt was about what you'd expect, Raw tag match was solid. As Browning said, US title match was too Shane-heavy. Jinder... yeah. And I didn't think that much of either of the womens matches either, though I was surprised Natalya got the win.

Tozawa / Neville and New Day / Usos would have been some of the better matches had they been on the main card.

EDIT: Oh, I loved Cesaro running into the crowd and breaking the beach ball.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nattie purely won because she tied Trish's record for most PPV matches by a woman ever. They kept mentioning it in the build up and during her entrance, so I was fairly certain she was winning. I half expected Carmella to cash in so she beat the record by losing, that seems like something WWE would do.... but I guess the heel Vs heel thing prevented it.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Big match John winning was the right call though. Corbin is fucking shite at everything, and Cena jobbing twice in 2 weeks would not be best for business.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fuck the WWE for not strapping up Nak the gawd

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    fuck the WWE for not strapping up Nak the gawd
    ?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as Corbin is shit (he botched a fucking interview on the pre-show) and has done nothing with the bit of promise I thought he had (and presumably lots of what WWE thought they had) you wonder what the point is.

Has he suddenly pissed somebody off backstage? That's what this reeks of.

Rusev still got the lulziest result of the night though, so Jeremy's safe from that embarrassment at least.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Supposedly he was a cunt on Twitter to both Dave Meltzer and some injured veteran, so it's probably something to do with that.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They got a look at him up close and realised that the only thing worse than Bray Wyatt is a lanky mute Bray Wyatt.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who the fuck is Jerry Soto? My spanish announce team should be Rodriguez and Cabrera and they should be without a desk by the end of the night, you can't just go changing that up.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tozawa / Neville - Giving Neville the title back was the least intersting option so why am I suprised. Good match though.
    New Day / Usos - Good, really liked that.
    Cena / Corbin - Lol.
    Cass / Show - What a fucking mess that was. You know you're in trouble when the very premise of the match makes Big Show more awkward.
    Rusev / Orton - Fuck off Randall you boring cunt.
    Bliss / Banks - Really good, can't wait to see Asuka against on of these.
    Wyatt / Balor - Battle of the gimmicks WWE don't really know how to handle and will/have inevitably ruin/ed. I laughed out loud when Wyatt looked shocked when Balor no sold his spider crawl thing, I can't understand why he isn't terrified of this!
    Raw Tag Title - Alright, interested to see where they go with this.
    Owens / Styles - That was more like it, although about halfway through I noticed how often Shane fiddles with his trousers and I found myself unable to concentrate on anything else. Would also have been better if they hadn't spent half the match trying to set up less interesting feuds.
    Mahal / Nakamura - In what fucking universe does this shit make sense.
    4-Way - Loved it, big red bastards lobbing each other about. The opening of the match was great fun, Strowman is ridiculous, the suplex tease was nice too. But, I could have done without Reigns butting in every few minutes hitting people with his wanky arm.

The booking for the first half seemed really fucking weird; Neville winning, literally everything about the Show / Cass match, Corbin and his sad tummy getting buried even deeper, the complete pointlessness of the Rusev match. Second half much better with a surprisingly good main event. I was sufficiently sports entertained.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asuka is out for 6-8 weeks with a broken collarbone. How convenient that they can now take the title off her days after she beats Punk's record without her actually losing.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boo!

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if they can link the injury back to the fight, it'll make Ember look strong ... or botchy.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boatman vs Bork then, eh. I wasn't expecting Lesnar to be at No Mercy, thought he'd have a holiday and then we'd get some more Reigns / Strowman and Joe vs some mug.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don Cena looks weird with some hair.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He grew it out to troll Corbin.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bobby Roode make his Smackdown debut last night, and Chad Gable has a new tag team partner - Shelton Benjamin. Team Alpha? The World's Greatest Americans?

Also, Big Cass is injured and could be out for nine months and Enzo Amore has been added to 205 Live.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did think it was odd that they stopped a street fight, though rewatching it you can see him smacking out at parts of the ring and looking properly distraught.

Feel bad for him, but he's a giant so he'll get another push when he comes back. Gives him time to work on a character I guess.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shelton.

Always liked him.

EDIT: Also, the crowds of the last few shoes need to fuck off. Forever, preferably. As much fun as Cesaro ripping up the beach ball was it's now just encouraging them when the wrestlers are constantly having to appeal to them to pay attention to the fucking match that's going on in the ring.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mysterio Vs Ospreay....

Fuck. Why isn't all wrestling that good?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #BeachballMania

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is RAW still referred to as Raw is War? Did they get rid of it because of Iraq?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Is RAW still referred to as Raw is War? Did they get rid of it because of Iraq?
    It's just known as 'Raw' now, although the commentators usually call it 'Monday Night Raw'.

Never heard that second bit before but it would make sense time-wise, it was definitely still Raw is War in mid 2001 and wasn't by the start of 2002.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At one point the single show was split into Raw and Warzone for some reason, something to do with US TV scheduling.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's more likely that war distanced itself from the WWF rather than the other way round, difficult to shift that kind of reputation.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    War screwed Brett.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT TV spoiler:

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's on the WWE site now too. Was the injury a work or has it all just worked out quite well?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I look forward to her and Nakamura forming a mixed tag with a chopsticks theme. Also, something about Dana Brooke's boyfriend choking to death.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time for Ospreay Vs Ricochet

War Machine Vs Young Bucks at the next PPV