User Tag List

Page 56 of 373 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,800 of 18635

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old guys have always been better, it's just the way wrestling is.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's setting up HHH to bury him again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    The last sentence sums up my biggest problem with it: they've probably made a boatload of young Goldberg fans and for what? He may wrestle at the Royal Rumble and maybe Wrestlemania and that's it. There's no point to Goldberg in 2016.

It's WWE presenting their current guys as geeks and inferior to the previous generations. And they are inferior but when WWE portrays it that way they end up just shitting on themselves.
    £££. From a financial point of view it makes sense and that's all there is to it. It was clearly a decision that worked given how social media blew up and people who don't give a shit about wrestling are talking about wrestling. It's a short term view but then when hasn't it been? When was the last slow burning angle? The last superstar to get over organically? (I don't include Daniel fucking Bryan in that either). It's impossible to cater for all likes and let's be honest, we more than had our fill back way back when. SvN's quote makes sense when looked at it from a different point of view.

Problem isn't even the way the match finished, in hindsight it was good as it opened up possibilities but that's where the downside is.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three years ago I would have multi-quoted the shit out of this and gone to town. Now I just don't care. That's how far this has fallen, for me.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't understand how your expectations can be high enough for you to seem so dejected every time you tune into WWE and, surprise surprise, find a 2010s WWE show waiting for you. When you watch a load of older stuff back to back though I can assure you of one thing, the 50/50 stuff aside the booking wasn't any better back in the "glory days" than it was now.

Anyway, I was unsurprisingly disappointed in general having allowed myself to become optimistic but I enjoyed the main Survivor Series match even if it soon became a spotfest, I enjoyed the main event more than it deserved and despite all the things wrong with it because I'm sick of Lesnar and wanted to enjoy both the IC and Cruiser matches if only they'd given the former a bit more time and not done that shithouse ending for the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    In fairness, that's the most I've been entertained by a Brock match since his HIAC match with Undertaker.
    He is such a colossal yawn so while there are least three dozen reasons for that ending to be an absolute fucking catastrophe I was still grinning from ear to ear. Fuck you, Baroque. They'll have a rematch but it really wouldn't bother if he fucked off for a few years at this point.

Where's he going? WWE is his only realistic option now he's banned from UFC.
    Fuck off back to his farm, as Lew said. And just roger Sable quite a bit, you'd think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strangely decent show due to some surprising results. RAW going 2-0 up was weird too.

Expect Taker to cost Ambrose then at TLC due to his threat on SD. What a shitfest of a match that will be, AJ can just about carry Ambrose.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I really don't understand how your expectations can be high enough for you to seem so dejected every time you tune into WWE and, surprise surprise, find a 2010s WWE show waiting for you. When you watch a load of older stuff back to back though I can assure you of one thing, the 50/50 stuff aside the booking wasn't any better back in the "glory days" than it was now.
    My expectations were that it would be crap and I was right. I haven't even watched any WWE in months and had this on because I saw an advert and put it on in the background. We're long past the point where I tune into a show and expect anything good, I'm not that dumb.

And the booking was better before, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also biggest John O'clock ever when JBL shouted 'RAW WINS!' when Bray of Smackdown pinned Roman

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My expectations were that it would be crap and I was right.
    Then I'm obviously misreading the tone because you always write about it as if it's a personal insult.

And the booking was better before, in my opinion.
    A few extra stories kicking about, guys allowed to look a bit stronger but they were carried by guys getting absurdly over in spite of what the WWF/E wanted to do, not because of it, and giving them little choice. They had the same shitshow of terrible endings, your average Raw and Smackdown was still mostly crammed full of dross and you still had [wrestler]winslol, it's just that people liked Austin winning every single match.

If the booking was better it was only just. Watch enough back and you soon learn there's a fuckload of utter dross whatever era you're looking at.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive been catching up on New Japan's G1 Climax and it is really refreshing to watch. Kenny Omega is easily better than most of the blokes in WWE but I guess he is suited to the NJPW style.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then I'm obviously misreading the tone because you always write about it as if it's a personal insult.
    I think you must be because how could shit booking be a personal insult? Criticizing a product doesn't mean I'm offended or upset, I'm just pointing out that I think it's crap.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've taken that a bit literally.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd expect Goldberg wasn't in great shape to do an extended match, so it's probably better having him squash him in three minutes than engage in a fifteen minute match where they dodge each other, suplex each other, and Lesnar has to walk around taunting the crowd whilst Goldberg catches his breath.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was also a nice touch for Goldberg to be soaking wet as soon as he came out of his locker room so you didn't notice the sweat flooding off him like during his promos these last few weeks.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was also a nice touch for Goldberg to be soaking wet as soon as he came out of his locker room so you didn't notice the sweat flooding off him like during his promos these last few weeks.
    I read he's always soaking so his pyro doesn't burn his skin off.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure why people are searching for positives in this, there are not any. Lesnar couldn't go on raping people forever but being "the man who beat Lesnar" was going to carry so much weight, and they've spunked it up the wall on an OAP who at best might have 2 more matches in him (The Rumble and WM) and who seemingly can't be trusted to wrestle for 90 seconds. I don't care how many Goldberg fans were created last night, it's an absolute fucking farce.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The positive is, I was entertained. And so were a ton of other people. You don't always have to look so deep.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raw is on now so here's hoping for a quick explanation. Make or break from a storyline point of view or whether last night was all it was going to be.

EDIT: He's coming right out so here's hoping.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    I'm not sure why people are searching for positives in this, there are not any. Lesnar couldn't go on raping people forever but being "the man who beat Lesnar" was going to carry so much weight, and they've spunked it up the wall on an OAP who at best might have 2 more matches in him (The Rumble and WM) and who seemingly can't be trusted to wrestle for 90 seconds. I don't care how many Goldberg fans were created last night, it's an absolute fucking farce.
    Oh well. As long as it gave everyone a bit of shallow shock-factor then it doesn't matter if it made sense or not. Creative has always been drivel, apparently.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The positive is, I was entertained. And so were a ton of other people. You don't always have to look so deep.
    You were entertained for 90 seconds and that makes throwing years of build down the drain alright?

Hopefully they have Hogan leg drop that cunt Goldberg's face off. That would entertain me so fuck whatever else it destroys.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fake wrestling mate.

If people arent watching New Japan I suggest they get on board. It reminds me of old school stiff wrestling from the 80's

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goldberg hasn't lost in 12 years now so that's the streak to beat, when they give that victory to James Ellsworth so many people will feel silly.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    It's fake wrestling mate.
    In that case they may as well pack up and go home then.

It's just common sense that you don't build up someone as an unstoppable beast and job him to a pensioner in 90 seconds.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be fair, they jobbed him to a videogame, selling stuff is basically the point of Raw these days.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were entertained for 90 seconds and that makes throwing years of build down the drain alright?
    You keep coming out with this spiel but when was the last time a genuine effort to build someone paid dividends?

WWE built up Lesnar in his first run, he bolted. Heyman pitched CM Punk to beat the streak, he quit. Daniel Bryan had the opportunity before The Rock got injured otherwise Lesnar would never have faced The Undertaker but DB instead, he had to go through injury. Sting V Undertaker before it became apparent Sting could barely last two minutes and so on and so on.

Unless you can give me a genuine example of when the WWE spent years building someone up then successfully built on that then what gives you the confidence that it would have been different with Brock Lesnar? Fact is even if it was going that way and Lesnar remained unbeaten, the only legitimate person on the roster you would have fancied beating him lost to him at WrestleMania because the fans dislike him as he's not their chosen one.

Of course if all the roster were as reliant as the other disliked one, John Cena then you'd have much more confidence in the actual wrestler sticking around to make such a rub worthwhile. As it is, I can't recall a single example.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In that case they may as well pack up and go home then.

It's just common sense that you don't build up someone as an unstoppable beast and job him to a pensioner in 90 seconds.
    As fun as it has been, common sense should have dictated that building Brock Lesnar as strong as he had been built up would always lead to this point irrespective of who he was facing.

No matter who he lost to it wouldn't have made a difference.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's also a part timer with a penchant for walking away from stuff to find a payday somewhere else, how much of your full time roster do you really want to feed to someone like that? Bringing Glodbog back for a couple of high profile matches makes perfect sense, having Lesnar steamroll everyone every time really doesn't.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    He's also a part timer with a penchant for walking away from stuff to find a payday somewhere else.
    Not entirely true. Sports Entertainment was never his preferred choice but other than the Olympics there wasn't a great way to go. He tried at football and was unfortunate then the UFC stuff. He's a fine specimen.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact they've been terrible at it in the past still doesn't justify lesnar losing to someone completely incapable of doing anything with it. It may as well have been Hogan, that would be exactly the same. At least Hogan could still throw a punch without falling over.

I never thought Lesnar should have beaten the streak because he was already as big as he was going to get. To give him it and job him to Goldberg cannot be justified.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact they've been terrible at it in the past still doesn't justify lesnar losing to someone completely incapable of doing anything with it. It may as well have been Hogan, that would be exactly the same. At least Hogan could still throw a punch without falling over.

I never thought Lesnar should have beaten the streak because he was already as big as he was going to get. To give him it and job him to Goldberg cannot be justified.
    It wouldn't have matter who beat him. Trade Goldberg for any other wrestler on the roster, if they'd squashed him it would have still been a WTF moment, if they'd beaten him you'd then have a wrestler who has the rub of beating the beast then probably lose to James Elsworth a few episodes down the line.

I'm looking forward to both Goldberg and Lesnar running riot in the Rumble.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully they have Hogan leg drop that cunt Goldberg's face off. That would entertain me so fuck whatever else it destroys.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go one step further and have Scott Hall come out and taser him behind the ref's back. Big boot, heel turn cupping the ear to the crowd, air guitar, three leg drops, crowd throws trash in the ring.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't miss a beat. What a hero.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Hall was genuinely great. Never got the hype around Nash.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure we discussed it in here but I did chuckle at whoever it was (was it somebody as obvious as Cornette?) talking about having to get Fake Diesel and Fake Hall ready to, well, pretend to be them in matches, only to discover Nash only had three moves or whatever it was. Nash is shit and a massive cunt to boot.

To be honest if they're never going to let anybody proper look like anything other than a weak twat against Lesnar then by all means keep him restricted to these stupid novelty matches. Chess-boxing against Great Khali at Royal Rumble please.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was Cornette, and I think it was five moves including the hair sweep.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sidewalk slam, big boot, Jacknife Powerbomb, hair sweep....

What was the fourth? Politicking?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sidewalk slam, big boot, Jacknife Powerbomb, hair sweep....

What was the fourth? Politicking?
    https://youtu.be/2JpOQcgE-zY?t=46s

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin Nash is sound, and they could do a lot worse than giving him a creative role.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Undertaker announcing he's back and then not appearing on Survivor Series or the Smackdown episode after was great stuff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The full Team Hell No and Ryback vs The Shield match from TLC 2012 is on WWE's YouTube channel

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WCPW PPV coming to MK.

I don't know why I care, but it might be a laugh as it's down the road.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still find it odd that WCPW is even a thing.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it odder that it's actually not bad.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it odder that Simon works for Eurogamer as well.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish we had something similar down here.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm keen to see how far it goes. It seemed to me to start off as a 'can we actually do this?' type of project but is seemingly snowballing. I mean they can already pull in great names.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been worth it just for Martin Kirby.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never thought that I would say this but NJPW, ROH and WCPW make me care a lot more than WWE atm.