User Tag List

Page 37 of 373 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,850 of 18633

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they even sell PPVs anymore? If they do the people buying them must be fucking idiots. $60 (guessing but I bet it's not far off) compared to 9.99 for the network. With 2 PPVs.... yea.... can't see PPV sales working.

That said 1 PPV per brand per month is way better than alternating. Fuck watching the RAW after a RAW PPV where Cesaro comes out to challenge Reigns for the WWE Title and then seeing some randomly thrown together tag match for 8 weeks waiting for the PPV.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. Some people don't like using PCs or can't stream because of bandwidth.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of devices can stream the network, I've never used my PC.

Bandwidth/internet connections might be an issue for some, but surely their PPV market is tiny now.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You underestimate how massive America is and how spotty their internet infrastructure is from state to state.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seemingly Mania in 2014 did 690,000 buys and 2015 did 259,000 buys. Assuming that's correct it's the lowest Mania buy rate since 1997 and the 3rd lowest ever. The decline between those 2 years (as the network was available for both) is attributed to cable companies dropping WWE due to the network. So I guess it's not quite dead.... but it's on the way out. Mania is drawing 20% of what it once did.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tajiri is in the cruiserweight classic.

Didn't know he was still a thing. Hope he busts out the mist.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regal to help him win it, please.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Buzzsaw

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if anyone follows WhatCultures YouTube channel on here. They started with '10 things they don't want you to know about X' videos and went into 'How WWE should/should have book(ed)' videos. They announced a few weeks ago they were starting their own Newcastle based promotion and announced their first show. I expected it to be a bit shit and fade out but they've signed some pretty big guys to show up.

Jay Lethal is defending his ROH title there. Will Ospreay is showing and they've just announced Sandow is going to be there. I'm actually a little impressed.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've watched all, I think, of the How WWE Should Book/Should Have Booked videos since Disco mentioned the Invasion ones. I feel like I should hate the guy who does them with every fibre of my being but they're quite good.

Raw was a bit yawn last night but I did actually quite like the Ambrose Asylum for once.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I don't know if anyone follows WhatCultures YouTube channel on here. They started with '10 things they don't want you to know about X' videos and went into 'How WWE should/should have book(ed)' videos. They announced a few weeks ago they were starting their own Newcastle based promotion and announced their first show. I expected it to be a bit shit and fade out but they've signed some pretty big guys to show up.

Jay Lethal is defending his ROH title there. Will Ospreay is showing and they've just announced Sandow is going to be there. I'm actually a little impressed.
    I've been watching some of their stuff for a while, I'm quite interested to see how their own promotion turns out.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I've watched all, I think, of the How WWE Should Book/Should Have Booked videos since Disco mentioned the Invasion ones. I feel like I should hate the guy who does them with every fibre of my being but they're quite good.

Raw was a bit yawn last night but I did actually quite like the Ambrose Asylum for once.
    They're an exercise in frustration (Invasion and End of The Streak especially) because even with the benefit of hindsight there's some stuff in there which would have been awesome.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have watched a lot of their stuff but never even heard of the "should have booked" stuff. The Invasion one was great, but the streak one was something I said for ages.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Warren the DX BAND guy died at 49

We'll always have the memories.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those that stayed to watch could only boo.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    Have watched a lot of their stuff but never even heard of the "should have booked" stuff. The Invasion one was great, but the streak one was something I said for ages.
    Should I make a 'Browning for Creative' sign ready for Friday?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the only Should Have Booked/Should Book videos I've not watched are ones I already know basically know nothing about. Like Christian's title reign or the Nexus.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of which boil down to not letting them get constantly buried by Cena/HHH (or Orton in the case of Christian).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've watched almost all of them now and they are very good. The only issue is a lot of them probably conflict with each other but never mind, that can't be helped. Not overly convinced by Jake the Snake as the higher power, but guess it couldn't be any worse.

I would like to see him do the invasion without gifting himself Hogan, Hall, Nash and Sting though.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah fuck that, they could have gotten them if they'd paid enough money. That's what Meltzer reckons anyway - he said that there wasn't a single WCW guy who the WWE couldn't have nabbed. He also reckons the amount more money they'd have made with a proper WCW invasion roster would have easily made it worth it. Meltzer's word isn't gospel though.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main gripe with the Invasion is clearly that Vince didn't open his wallet widely enough but I did think myself that it was a bit cheap on that front.

It's a tough one but I'm not sure that there's much "fantasy" booking left to be done once you've left the actual draws out because Vince didn't want to pay them.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wouldn't be anywhere near as compelling as the one he put together, but I'm sure you could still do a better job than what Vince did with the talent he had. He also had plenty of ex-WCW guys on the roster who could have jumped if you needed to do that, rather than Stone Cold (very little to do with WCW, and made no sense whatsoever) and Kurt Angle (nothing to do with WCW).

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spaffing loads of money buying out contracts was only in there because he was set the task of booking it while sticking to the same schedule, his initial idea was simply to wait until the bigger stars were available.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a hypothetical scenario where they get all the big stars Sting probably becomes the most interesting character involved given he'd actually have conflicts inside the Alliance as well as inside.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Spaffing loads of money buying out contracts was only in there because he was set the task of booking it while sticking to the same schedule, his initial idea was simply to wait until the bigger stars were available.
    Yes, but I'm saying he should do it without those guys at all. Like he's been hired as a writer, but he can't just go "Oi, Vince, spend millions on Hogan for me".

But oh well, it was good for what it was, just not very challenging to book a better invasion if you give yourself all the stars they didn't have.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't go after those contracts when you've put money down the drain on the XFL and a Restaurant. The alternative is to wait a year but, by then, the moment's passed. Still, they could've done better with what they had. Bolster the WCW ranks with the ex-WCW guys and take it from there.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to be super picky and say he's booking not writing.

I take the point though, the solution is a little cheaty. I suppose you could use the same scenarios but with Tank Abbott and DDP instead of Goldberg and Sting but it makes for a less interesting fantasy. At the end of the day I would take any scenario that didn't amount to Vince shitting on people he still saw as his competition even though they worked for him now.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the higher power one was good, mind. Jake the Snake's mega mindgames.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only trouble with that is they'd need to think of new motivation for Steph siding with the guy who kidnapped, drugged, and raped her. Wrestling!

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They would have needed a Higher Power to keep Jake the Snake sober enough to carry a major angle, so what sort of idea is that?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, cos that doesn't happen in the fantasy booking. That's the whole thing that makes the real version so arse over tit.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    They would have needed a Higher Power to keep Jake the Snake sober enough to carry a major angle, so what sort of idea is that?
    In a world where they booked God in a tag match anything should be possible.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He only needs to be sober for one promo on TV for the reveal. Heck, you could record that shit on the Titantron.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really liked his how to book Goldberg thing too. Basically just have him wrestle five or six matches over a number of months and not say much.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea the Goldberg one was great. Not sure how WWE wasted him so much. Still it was better than Steiner.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up tickets to NXT Brooklyn last week and they revealed Balor - Nakamura last night on the weekly show.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going tomorrow and I cannot fucking wait.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'It's great to be here in Ply-mouth.'

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure kayfabe will stretch that far.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    I'm not sure kayfabe will stretch that far.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul Ellerings' new team look like the love-twins of Taz and D-Lo Brown, which is a concept I'm right behind.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spotted their D'Lo lookalike too.

Bet he's now down with the Brown though, useless rookie.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who do we fancy for MITB then?

I'll not be looking up the odds this time as the bookies got Ryders win at WM bang on, even a week before. It's an interesting one to me as I reckon anyone bar Jericho could win it. I also think Ambrose has been teased too much for it to be him, I also think they'd save The Shield triple threat for WM next year.
    I think it'll be Del Rio. He won the only other one he was in, if memory serves and having him win equals CM Punks 2 wins, which is the type of thing Vince loves to do. It also gives them a heel champ for Smackdown to go with the (lol)face on RAW. It's also possibly the least expected of the entrants.
    Everyone will expect an Owens win I think.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not seen the odds either but I can't see beyond Ambrose. I'm sure he'll win it and they will at least tease (if not actually do) a Shield Triple Threat main event.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expect it will, but have they confirmed smackdown will be getting a world title? One of the rumours I saw a while back had Cena as the 'face' of smackdown and Reigns for raw which actually sounds pretty decent to me.

Wishful thinking maybe but a 2 hour show with something similar to the US title challenges (Cena vs. the vanilla/cuck/beta/indy midgets) could be pretty watchable.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like one world champ, US and IC on different shows and then build those up on PPVs the champion isn't defending at.

As for MITB I think it'll be Owens or Ambrose. Harder to predict with so much change around the corner though so a sound argument could be made for any winner.

I'd love Cesaro to win but I suspect they'll continue to tease on that front.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll be Del Rio.
    @Lewis will probably be the only guy on the planet except Vince who thinks it's a good idea, too.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a colossal waste of time that would be.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's the second best wrestler in the world.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jerry Lawler has been suspended indefinitely after he was arrested over domestic violence matters.

http://www.wwe.com/article/jerry-law...ended-arrested