Page 366 of 373 FirstFirst ... 266316356364365366367368 ... LastLast
Results 18,251 to 18,300 of 18630

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, he was born to be permanently grinning.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine being on the end of a beat down from Naomi, Bianca and Cargill. That’s a lot of cake.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dat powerbomb.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    I kind of hope it’s a work.

I’m backkkk
    How entrance music might be my most quoted song, both inside and outside of wrestling.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Similarly there are very few situations in life I find can't be styled out with The One Billy Gunn's theme song.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I'm afraid it's inoperable ...."

Look at all I've got ...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you’ve got a spare half an hour, CM Punk’s interview with Ariel Helwani today was a great listen.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh boy.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Raw was really good again. Not one for the ages like last week but it did the job.

Rick has been incredible in recent weeks to be fair. The few seconds where Cody hit the ring and got some punches on Rick was amazing (and Rick taking good bumps on free TV in 2024) before the inevitable Bloodline beatdown. Great heat going into Mania for them, and Roman finally turned up. He's still a bit of a goof but it's an improvement on where he was even just last week.

And eventually they tried to get a bit of heat into the Gunther vs. Sami match, using Gable. Decent stuff but it's only one angle going into the biggest show of the year. I don't think they'll take the belt off Gunther here (or at least they shouldn't, given the storyline hasn't warranted the big title change), but at least they've sowed a seed of doubt.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and Drew is winning the title for sure ().

Clash in the Castle announced for June. Huge hints about it being in Scotland.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Oh and Drew is winning the title for sure ().

Clash in the Castle announced for June. Huge hints about it being in Scotland.
    Hints?

https://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-head...land-this-june

Like it being announced as taking place in Glasgow?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I didn't see that.

I fast forwarded some stuff then assumed they'd announce Scotland next Monday after Drew parades the title on Raw.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joey Swole v Austin Theory?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd missed that CotC was Glasgow this year. I'll have to keep an eye out for tickets but I assume they'll be off-puttingly expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Rick has been incredible in recent weeks to be fair. The few seconds where Cody hit the ring and got some punches on Rick was amazing (and Rick taking good bumps on free TV in 2024) before the inevitable Bloodline beatdown. Great heat going into Mania for them, and Roman finally turned up. He's still a bit of a goof but it's an improvement on where he was even just last week.
    Yeah that whole bit was superb, Rock selling Cody's music after Rollins' grin but then of course Roman was still there anyway. He's definitely getting into a proper rhythm with his promos now too, much better even than when he first appeared during this story (which in itself was much better than any of his playing-the-hits promos in the last 10+ years.)

Also a little shout out to Rick O'Shea for catching one of the Fridge Raiders and doing a fallaway slam on him. Nice to see they've finally realised that when you've got three hours to fill just sticking him in a match every week (and giving him some wins) is a solid plan.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a ticket and take a TTH sign (and business cards ofc) to the event.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Die Ricky Die."

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Ben says more headlocks"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More headlocks needed?

Yes: Ben, CM Punk
    No: phonics, Baz

I'm right.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Old injured man says I Need A Rest.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    15,000 people chant for Old Injured Man to make the save as Cody and Seth are beat down by The Bloodline.

Headlocks are over, brother.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical indie-ass ROH wrestler looking for the cheap pops.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how Rock's entrance changes a little each week, by Wrestlemania it'll be full on Hollywood dicksplash. This is the most I've enjoyed seeing him probably since he left first time round

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume he'll bust this one out.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But with an actual helicopter.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Punk had the whole of AEW in damage control last night and going phonics on us

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The interview is great. Sure he has a very strict opinion on what wrestling should be and how he goes about portraying that, but whatever you think of him, it makes Tony Khan and the Elite guys look horrendous. No wonder they were in damage control, there's clearly a lot of truth to what Punk was saying (and I'm not sure how any anti-Punk guy can even argue against that in good faith).

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AEW need to snap themselves out of this complex they're in.

Edge opened Dynamite with a weird promo that he obviously didn't believe vaguely responding to things Punk said on a fucking YouTube show (but not actually denying anything he said). 20% of the US audience promptly changed the channel and the last two weeks have been their lowest viewership ever.

The longer they keep doubling down on this Punk situation and talking about a guy that's in another fucking company, the longer this death spiral will continue. Tony out there getting his guys to tweet #ThankYouAEW, proper high school shit. But that explains why 90% of their storylines are "why aren't you my friend?" because the son of a billionaire was obviously short of real friends in his youth. Now he pays guys seven figures to sit at home.
    Last edited by Ben; 05-04-2024 at 07:22 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how does everybody think the Bloodline stuff is gonna pan out this weekend then?

I think I have Cody winning, and I also think that whereas last year I thought having him lose was a bad call (and I'm still not entirely won over there) I definitely think doing it this time and stretching the fucking thing out even longer would be. Roman and Rick are surely winning Saturday to then have Cody's mates come and help him fight off the Bloodline on Sunday? Also curious as to how soon, if Roman loses, they kick off the Rick / Roman stuff. Rick keeps being a dickhead for a while and try and bring Reigns back as a face? Always a risk there but wrestling fans love a return so if they keep Reigns away long enough (how would we notice the difference lol) he'd probably get the cheers required for that. Can't quite shake off the thought that they might well just romanwinslol it again.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a sensible way to go. You got to draw a line under Cody's story and the Bloodline's ran its course. The biggest problem is Roman. The head of the table stuff put him in a good spot after years of the company trying to force it. Putting him against Rick might allow some creativity but it's just as likely to have him steamroller him in the promo stakes. You're faced with the same old problem of making Roman interesting.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping having the show in Glasgow is indication that Drew is sticking around long term because he's the best at the moment.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything about this program suggests Drew is staying. Unless he's just decided to be one of the top stories and characters on his way out, but surely, surely he'll be in Glasgow.

My one mate who I might have gone with (if tickets aren't a total rip-off) can't make it because he's going to the Euros but honestly, and especially if Drew's gonna be there, I would consider going myself anyway.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They wanted Rick v Roman to be last years main event with Roman going over. When they couldn't get Rick on board, they pivoted to put Cody in there instead. Now Rick is not only on board, but on the board. They'll want to do Rick v Roman. The issue here is they get the chance to have Roman take Hogans record. I don't think we'll have this chance again for a very long time, so my head says Roman is likely going to win.

The other way to look at it is, if you assume Roman wins, who actually does take the belt off him down the line? Rick makes no sense, Cody may have used up the crowds favour by that point, Rollins doesn't need the rub and there's only really Breakker that I can think that is there now, that could use the win to ascend to being a top star.
    For that reason having Cody win here just makes sense. Roman wants to be a part timer and you crown a new face of the place. Everyone can move on to something more new.

You have to have the bad guys win night 1. Create some tension between the two. For example Roman gives an order to get a chair, but Rick instead showboats with the peoples elbow and it gets countered into a near fall. Then play out the 'who is really in charge here?" angle. The only issue with this is you're asking Seth to lose on both nights, because I think Drew absolutely should win night 2.

Then on night 2, after all of the interference shenanigans, you have a 2 v 1 in the ring. Rick and Roman stood over Cody. All other members are brawling away in the backstage. Have Jey pick Jimmy up and lead him away because he's his brother and he's trying to save him. Rollins is battering Sikoa.
    Now you have Roman bark more orders at the Rick and give him a little shove or something like that. Rick looks super pissed at this but stands his ground. It continues more until finally Rick snaps and gives Roman the Rick bottom and walks out. Cody then wins with 57 shit Cross Rhodes.

You have to do it something like this way because like fuck is Rick going to ever be the heel against Roman down the line.
    Last edited by Gray Fox; 05-04-2024 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a follow up question, actually. Do you guys think there'll be Bloodline involvement in Seth / Drew and then Drew involved in Cody/Roman? I know they had that shot of him talking to Heyman but I'm still not sure I see that or if it'd just make things a bit too busy, even by the standards of the smoke and mirrors clusterfuck we're surely getting.

I really hope that the shenanigans are done and dusted with 5-10 of the match left and Cody does then just beat him.

One idea I did have (and to be clear, I don't think I actually like it) for what scenario they might actually have Seth and Cody win night one. Rick / Roman mixup, Seth and Cody win, singles match. Solo, Jimmy, etc. come out Sunday night anyway but then in a call back to everybody's favourite Mania main event - Cena vs. Miz at Mania 27 - the Rock then comes and uses board member to restart the match and bar everybody from ringside under the threat of being fired, then Cody wins. It's a terrible idea but it amused me a lot when I thought of it.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does The Rock being THE FINAL BOSS mean that Roman is a lesser boss or perhaps even a mini-boss?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not necessarily. Roman could be like an Emerald Weapon or that fucking bouncy ball cunt in Final Fantasy IX.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame Hunter couldn't put the Andre Battle Royale on the pre show tomorrow.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that was hilarious

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has it really only been a year since the Snoople’s Elbow?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heyman

WWE is on fire. I’ll be let down if this isn’t one of the greatest PPVs of all time

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    Heyman

WWE is on fire. I’ll be let down if this isn’t one of the greatest PPVs of all time
    I’m so excited for these two shows. Please don’t let us down, Trips.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wont be able to watch live this year so I'm really hoping I can avoid all spoilers before I've watched the shows.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WrestleMania Predictions:

Night One
    Rhea Ripley vs Becky Lynch (Women’s World Championship) - Not a huge Becky Lynch fan, to be honest. A bit cringe. Rhea on the other hand is a god tier performer. No brainer for me.

Judgement Day vs New Day vs New Catch Republic vs #DIY vs Awesome Truth vs A Town Down Under (Ladder match for WWE Tag Team Championship) - No bloody idea with this. Could be an all-time classic or a stinker. R-Truth has been great in tv the last few months and I’ve got no problems with Miz holding titles because he can carry a feud with his fat gob. Hoping for the best with this one.

Rey Mysterio and Andrade vs Santos Escobar & Dominik Mysterio - bit of a throwaway, this one. Should’ve really been either a singles match between Escobar and Rey or a big multi-man between LWO and Legado. Dom feels like he’s been shoe-horned into this at the last minute just because it’s his dad on the other side. Will probably be a decent match though.

Bianca Belair & Jade Cargill & Naomi vs Damage CTRL - no chance Jade is losing in her second match.

Gunther vs Sami Zayn (Intercontinental Championship) - Lived the build up for this on Sami’s side. Playing the underdog on tv for the last few months, which is his bread and butter. Gunther probably needs a shot higher up the card so would make sense for Sami to win this one. Then possibly defend it against Gable at Backlash.

Cody Rhodes & Seth Rollins vs The Rick and Roman Reigns - what I like about Triple Haitch’s booking is that he seems to always leave himself lots of options and he’s done it again here. Could go either way and still make sense. If I was a betting man I reckon Bloodline win this one. For two reasons. 1) Can’t have Rock lose at WM in the twilight of his career. 2) It sets up the stipulation for huge shenanigans on night 2.

Night Two
    LA Knight vs AJ Styles - don’t know why, but I haven’t really been able to buy into this feud. They’ve had Knight show up at AJ’s house a few weeks ago but it didn’t hit, for me. LA Knight should really have had a singles title by now so hopefully this is the start.

Bobby Lashley & Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford vs Karrion Kross & Akam & Rezar - Montez Ford is far too good for this. Have him turn on Dawkins already.

Seth Rollins vs Drew McIntyre (World Heavyweight Championship) - MVP of tv the last few months. Absolutely kills it on the mic every time. Beat Seth here and then defend against CM Punk at Clash at the Castle in the summer.

Logan Paul vs Kevin Owens vs Randy Orton (United States Championship) - done a good job of building this. Not sure how it will play out in the match with Orton and Owens having a bromance every week on tv. Paul to retain and drop it to someone else (Bronson Reed), in future.

Iyo Sky vs Bailey (WWE Women’s Championship) - not really bothered about this match.

Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes (WWE Universal Championship) - fucking hell. Cody has to win, right? But I said that last year. Again, if I’m a betting man I think shenanigans will occur in the second half of the match. Could be a clusterfuck if not booked right. I reckon Rick will interfere and cost Roman. Therefore setting up their eventual Tribal Chief match somewhere down the road. My only worry would be if Rick’s interference would weaken the effect of Cody winning. Conversely, I wouldn’t be surprised if Roman won so that he can overtake Backlund and Hogan in the coming months for longest reign. I genuinely don’t know what will happen here and that’s great for fans.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the ladder match will have two sets of winners to split the titles, I'd forgot there was just the one set until now.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense. Tag division is stacked right now.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather one set of champs who could go between shows and one set of belts that aren't the fucking pennies.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Night One
    Rhea Ripley vs Becky Lynch (Women’s World Championship) - I like Becky, and initially thought when this started that she'd probably win this but as time has gone on I feel more and more like Rhea will retain. Not a disaster if she doesn't but probably the right result to keep it on her.

Judgement Day vs New Day vs New Catch Republic vs #DIY vs Awesome Truth vs A Town Down Under (Ladder match for WWE Tag Team Championship) - If there's one winner I think it'll be Miz and Truth. If they're splitting them and we have two sets of tag champs then I dunno who the other would be.... maybe JD keep one but it's still presented as a failure as part of the impending JD split? Really not sure, could be any result to be honest.

Rey Mysterio and Andrade vs Santos Escobar & Dominik Mysterio - Dom loses to cause further JD discord.

Bianca Belair & Jade Cargill & Naomi vs Damage CTRL - 7om had it right - 'no chance Jade is losing in her second match.'

Gunther vs Sami Zayn (Intercontinental Championship) - This match should be so good. Really torn on how it'll go. They're building up Sami as needing to win something but Gunther is gonna be involved in something title-y in Germany in August but I don't really see which World title they'd have him defending/winning by that show. I don't want every title reign to be endless so maybe between Glasgow and Berlin he gets the belt of Drew? His Punk feud doesn't need a title I'd say but given Punk was gunning for Rollins before feels like they'll go down that route anyway. I dunno, I think my instinct is that Gunther holds the IC title until Autumn.

Cody Rhodes & Seth Rollins vs The Rick and Roman Reigns - As discussed upthread I can envisage ways they decide to have Cody and Seth win this but ultimately I reckon Rick and Reignsy will win here. Really wouldn't surprise me if Rick pins Cody either, even though you'd think that's what Rollins is there for. Rollins might have already left the match at that point to go fight off Drew or something. We'll see.

Night Two
    LA Knight vs AJ Styles - Fairly meh feud to be honest and I don't have super high hopes for the match but AJ should keep it right. Knight to win and get his 'moment.'

Bobby Lashley & Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford vs Karrion Kross & Akam & Rezar - Who knows, or indeed cares? I'll say they give Bobbo a win.

Seth Rollins vs Drew McIntyre (World Heavyweight Championship) - Drew's winning. Rollins then hopefully actually gets a break. Plenty of people to pick up the slack on top end of the roster and let him heal up the various knackered bits of his body.

Logan Paul vs Kevin Owens vs Randy Orton (United States Championship) - I wish this fucker was shit at wrestling. He'll be retaining though. He ain't taking a pin in a triple threat or on a Prime logo.

Iyo Sky vs Bailey (WWE Women’s Championship) - Only way I see Iyo winning this is if Bayley insists she needs it more but logically Bayley ought to be winning.

Roman Reigns vs Cody Rhodes (WWE Universal Championship) - Covered further up. For fuck's sake please just have him win.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t believe you’re all forgetting the USO/Uso slug fest.

Best chance of that being a good match is if they both open night 1 and just go all out. They’ve had good tag matches many a time so no reason they can’t just have a fast paced 10-12 min match. Worried they get given 20+ mins and we get rest holds and super kicks galore